Dolltopia is a Comic Book created by Abby Denson.
Kitty is a doll who has become fed up with her life as a toy for some little girl to play with. She doesn't get to live her own life, make her own decisions, or have her own dreams. All that is dictated by the little girl who owns her. One night, she decides to leave it all behind. Once she escapes the room, she meets Army Jim, a military action figure who's heading for Dolltopia, a secret society dollkind has built separate from humanity, where dolls can be who THEY choose to be.
Once their, they settle right in, deciding their own fashions, lives, and even getting surgery from the local doctor, allowing Kitty to actually move and articulate her limbs.
From there, Kitty joins other dolls on a raid at a local doll factory, welcoming new dolls (one that Kitty even knows from her old life), and helping with what to do when Dolltopia comes under threat of discovery by humans.
The comic book was released on October 13th, 2009.
Dolltopia contains examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: Soccer Scotty loses an arm in an attack. See Facial Horror below.
- Alliterative Name: Soccer Scotty.
- Delinquent Hair: Candy X has a spiky mohawk, but is not a delinquent herself.
- Expy: The Candy Dolls are obviously this for Barbie.
- Facial Horror: Soccer Scotty gets half his face damaged after he leaves the house to go after Kitty. The doctor replaces the damaged half with a new one.
- Living Toys: Naturally. Every inhabitant in Dolltopia is a living toy.
- One-Word Title
- Robotic Assembly Lines: The comic begins with Kitty being assembled on one before being shipped to the toy store she gets bought at.
- Sliding Scale of Living Toys: The toys in the comic are of the "Toy Masquerade" variety. They don't move in front of humans, but do in front of animals, as they have a black cat who helps them on their missions by giving them rides.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Kitty gets her hair dyed hot pink in Dolltopia.