Dog Men is a six issue The Dresden Files miniseries.
When a monstrous creature slaughters several residents of Taylor, Mississippi, Dresden is asked to investigate by Senior Council member Listens-To-Wind. It appears to be a series of murders by werewolves but are being blamed on the local supernaturals called the Dogmen. Issues become even more complicated when the government sends in teams to eliminate the creatures.
Tropes appearing in Dog Men include:
- Day in the Limelight: Joseph Listens-to-Wind gets his here.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Harry and Listens-to-Wind disagree over a lot, but they ultimately become closer for the experience.
- The Men in Black: Harry has his first encounter with a federal organization that has knowledge of supernatural matters.
- Nightmare Sequence: Dresden dreams of Puck returning with an army of monsters and murdering Marcone, Molly, and Murphy.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Harry and Listens-To-Wind start off fairly affable but their relationship quickly goes downhill due to differing methodology.
- Unwanted Rescue: The Dogmen don't appear to actually want Listens-to-Wind or Harry's help and are perfectly willing to go to war with the human government despite how disastrous this will be.