Set in Ancient Greece, the series follows the misadventures of the sons and daughters of the original Jason his crew, as they travel around Greece in a new version of the Argo.
De Argonautjes contains examples of:
- Actual Pacifist: Hercules. He may be the strongest member of the team, but he is absolutely against fighting or violence in general, sensitive, not above crying, and an Extreme Doormat. Untill you push his Berserk Button .
- Always Identical Twins: Castor and Pollux are identical twins.
- Archer Archetype: Atalanta has a bow and arrow as her Weapon of Choice. Too bad she is never able to actually hit her intended target.
- Berserk Button: DO. NOT. INSULT. HERCULES. PET CAT! Really, dont. It could very well be the last thing you ever do.
- The Big Guy: Hercules. Too bad hes such a pacifist most of the time.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Idas, pretty much the only competent member of the team.
- Identical Grandson: Pretty much all the main characters. They even have the same names as their more famous parents.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Hercules, the biggest pacifist on the team, has a pet cat named Odipoes, who he loves dearly. Insulting his cat is a surefire way to get him mad.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Hermes, who never seizes an opportunity to steal something valuable, even if it endangers the mission the team is on.
- A Load of Bull: The heroes encounter the Minotaur in the story The labyrinth.
- Miles Gloriosus: Jason. He always presents himself as a hero, but when faced with actual danger he is usually the first one to turn and run (if he doesnt faint before he gets the chance).
- My God, What Have I Done?: Hercules frequently has this reaction when he calms down again after somebody pushed his Berserk Button, and realizes how much damage he caused and people he hurt while angry.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Castor and Pollux are only half the size of most adult characters, but they more than make up for it by being champions in boxing and wrestling respectively. Thus, they can still easily take down larger opponents.
- The Smurfette Principle: Atalanta is the only female member of the heroes.
- Super Strength: Hercules naturally has this as his defining trait.
- Sword & Sandal: The setting for the entire series.
- Token Evil Teammate: Hermes, who is officially part of the team, but still very much a thief.