The incantations in the evil book Necronomicon Ex-Mortis are read aloud in Darkman's city, bringing forth a wave of demonic possessions by the Deadites. Reading the book further eventually summons the great hero Ash Williams, who teams up with Darkman to fight the army of darkness.
Darkman vs. Army of Darkness provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Julie, who made the mistake of reading Necronomicon's incantations, is possessed and declares herself to be the Queen of Darkness and drives the plot of the comic.
- Continuity Nod:
- The Dragon: Possessed Julie resurrects Robert G. Durant to act as her "field marshall", which also makes him stronger than other Deadites.
- Eye Beams: Newly possessed Julie tries to kill Kelly with energy beams coming out of her eyes, but Kelly manages to deflect them by holding the Necronomicon in front of her.
- Finger Snap Lighter: After resurrecting Durant, possessed Julie lights his cigar by snapping her fingers.
- Golf Clubbing: After hearing from possessed Julie that those with physical traumas are more easily possessed by the Deadites, Durant tries that out by hitting a guard with his golf club.
- Neck Snap: Durant punishes a guy who failed to find about Darkman's whereabouts by twisting his neck.
- Nobody Here but Us Statues: To avoid being found in the local S-Mart by the Deadites, Ash pretends be a mannequin.
- Off with His Head!: When Darkman is accidentally set on fire, Ash decapitates the nearest Deadite and uses the blood gushing from its neck to put out the flames.
- Put Their Heads Together: Darkman takes out two Deadite guards by knocking their heads together. And since they are old possessed corpses, they are reduced to dust.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Deadite-possessed people have glowing red eyes.
- Rise from Your Grave: Possessed Julie goes to a cemetery to raise more bodies possessed by Deadites, including Darkman's arch-nemesis Robert G. Durant.
- Symbol Swearing: All swearing in the comic are displayed with symbols.
- Versus Title: Darkman (and Ash) against the Army of Darkness!
- Waxing Lyrical: Ash quotes Ray Charles' "Hit the Road Jack" when he throws a Deadite's moving arm out of his Oldsmobile.