Crush recently quit the Teen Titans Academy and has gone solo. She's also dating Katie and is determined to be the best girlfriend ever. However, Katie likes, well, pink and other normal stuff, while Crush likes breaking people's faces. When Crush accidentally ruins Katie's birthday party, their relationship is put on pause.
However, that isn't even the biggest event in Crush's life: her biological father, the Czarnian bounty hunter Lobo, has contacted her. Turns out that he's been captured and is in prison, going through some robotic therapy, and has invited Crush to the prison so he can talk about their issues. The last thing she wants to do is talk, but perhaps this will be good for her and Lobo.
Or perhaps Lobo has his own agenda and everything will go to hell in a handbasket.
Tropes in Crush & Lobo:
- Accidental Misnaming: When Crush arrives at Katie's birthday party, Katie's friends call her "Trish," while Katie's parents call her "Tasha." She corrects both of them.
- The Alcatraz: Considering that it can hold Lobo and he hasn't been able to escape yet, the prison Lobo is in counts as this.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Katie's parents are like this, calling Crush and Katie "adorable." Crush does not know how to handle it.
- In Medias Res: The first page is Crush beating someone up a week from now and then it goes back to a week ago. She even lampshades this. "This is a flash-foward. Bit if a mess. I don't actually know if we're even going to come back to this scene but it's a really nice punch."
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Crush's narration. She talks about how the book starts in medias res and then comments about how she doesn't even know if they are going to return back to that moment. And then she starts summing up who she is, but then quits and tells the reader to just check the internet.
- MasculineFeminine Gay Couple: Crush is a Butch Lesbian, but Katie is pretty feminine, with Crush commenting that she likes "pink."
- Shout-Out: The alien Crush kicks into space in the beginning of the first issue looks like Krang without his robotic exoskeleton.