All-Ghouls School is a graphic novel from IDW Publishing, written by Marc Sumerak with art by David Bryant.
Becca Norman's a high school sophomore who has pretty much everything a girl could ever want: beauty, brains, money and popularity. Unfortunately for Becca, her perfect little world comes crashing down on her after she gets caught right in the middle of a huge cheating scandal. Her only chance of redeeming herself is by spending the summer at a creepy old boarding school called Darkmoor Academy—but what Becca doesn't realize is that her new school is actually a finishing school for young female monsters...and she's been selected as the school's first human student!
Unfortunately, Becca's creepy new classmates aren't too happy to have a human lurking in their shadows either. At her old school, Becca was at the top of the food chain, but at Darkmoor, she's no more than a midnight snack! Only with the help of some freaky new friends will Becca be able to unseat the school's queen of mean, Elle Diablo, and restore some order to the most chaotic classroom in history. And you thought Algebra was scary!
- All-Ghouls School: Darkmoor Academy, at least until Becca arrives.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Two of Becca's friends at her old school state that having a cheerleader's uniform lets you get away with anything.
- All There in the Manual: Details on several of the characters are only given in the character profiles on the IDW website.
- Alpha Bitch: Elle Diablo is this at Darkmoor Academy.
- Boarding School: Darkmoor Academy is an all-girls boarding school for female monsters.
- Connected All Along: The ending reveals that Becca's Aunt Dora is Elle's mother, which means that Elle and Becca are actually cousins.
- Crazy Cat Lady: Becca's great-aunt.
- Crusty Caretaker: The cemetery caretaker Becca meets the first time she sneaks into Darkmoor.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Winifred Spector.
- Cute Monster Girl: Most of the student body.
- Fate Worse than Death: The Detention Dimension is this — all the girls at Darkmoor Academy are terrified of it and Elle gets sent to it at the end of the story.
- Girl Posse: Elle leads the clique of popular girls who set out to make Becca's life at her new school hell.
- Gym Class Hell: Elle Diablo and her Girl Posse use gym class as an excuse to extract some physical vegeance on Becca.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: Elle's the only one to get a perfect score on the history test by (correctly) answering a bonus question that wasn't covered in class. Their teacher explains that she only put the question on the test as a lark and doesn't normally expect anyone to answer it (let alone with the correct answer). This makes the other girls question how Elle could've known the answer to something that was never covered in class or alluded to in any way beforehand — this ultimately makes everyone realize that Elle must've cheated.
- Ironic Echo: "Possession implies intent" is the phrase that heralds the downfall of Becca at the start of the story, and Elle at the end, although the circumstances (and even the meaning of "possession") are radically different.
- Louis Cypher: Principal Diablo, who also happens to be Elle's dad.
- Monster Mash
- Muck Monster: Tara Infirma.
- One-Gender School: Darkmoor Academy is technically an all-girls school, but just like Miss Grimwood's Finishing School for Ghouls, it's a school for female monsters rather than female humans.
- Possession Presumes Guilt: Becca is given the answer sheet for an exam, which she considers using, but instead puts in her locker without reading. When her friends are busted, a search of her locker turns up the answer sheet and she is flunked as well, with the principal telling her "Possession implies intent".
- Punny Name: Many. There's Elle Diablo and Jacqueline Hyde for starters.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The group of outsiders who gather round Becca.
- Stranger in a Strange School: Becca's the first (and currently only) human to attend Darkmoor Academy.
- Stuffed into a Locker: Happens to a freshman at Becca's old school at the start of the graphic novel. Elle does it to Becca after she arrives at Darkmoor Academy.
- Theatre Phantom: Minor student Christine is implied to be the niece of the original.
- Token Human: Becca's the only human student in an all monster school.
- Two-Faced: Jacqueline Hyde.