Adventure Time With Fionna And Cake: Card Wars is the second Adventure Time spin-off comic miniseries to be set in the Gender Flip "Fionna and Cake" Alternate Universe. It was written by Jen Wang, with art by Britt Wilson and Rian Sygh.
After Fionna's lack of interest in playing Card Wars disappoints Cake, she enters an Aaa-wide tournament to find the best player in the land. After winning the respect of an insular local gaming club, she works her way up through the players. But can she beat the dreaded "Floop Master"?
This miniseries has the following tropes:
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Marshall Lee is the second best player after the Floop Master and trash-talks Cake constantly during their match.
- Bros Before Hoes: Female version when Fionna has to choose between supporting Cake and Prince Gumball during the tournament. The latter was never an option. Previously rejected when Cake is too into the game to side with Fionna when one of the sexist club members insults her.
- Collectible Card Game: The concept of Card Wars.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: In universe, the Floop Master with his one Game-Breaker move.
- Game-Breaker: In universe, the Floop Master's opening play of "Tornado Wall of Fire" plus "The Eye of the Hurricane", which creates an unbreakable wall of flame plus winds that blow everything away.
- Girls Have Cooties: The slug club's initial hostility to Cake is suggested to be this, and it becomes obvious when one of them sneeringly refers to Fionna as "the chick".
- Lethal Joke Character: The "Lonely Panda" turns out to be the one card that can counter the Floop Master's Game-Breaker.
- The Reveal: The Floop Master is Prince Gumball.
- Tournament Play: Cake tries to break into it.
- Whoring: In universe. The Floop Master turns out to have worked out that one combo played as the first move is absolutely unbeatable, so he just does that in every single game.