Ace Egan is a millionaire who stumbles upon a crashed UFO. The alien inside is mortally wounded, but gifts all the equipment to Egan. Using these technological wonders, Ace goes and fights evil as the Ace of Space.
This comic contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: The Slogons are a race of ruthless conquerors.
- Cast from Lifespan: The baddies of Feature Comics #40 take a serum which grans Super Speed, but causes them to age to death within two years.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Ace's belt is where he gets his power.
- The Mole:
- The baddies of Feature Comics #39 are a group of Axis spies who have kidnapped the US's defense committee in order to impersonate them and drive the US into war.
- The Nazis send more moles to get ahold of an experimental airplane in Feature Comics #41.
- Precursor Hero: Ace's belt was given to him by an unnamed, dying space adventurer so he could stop his final foes.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Lampshaded. Ace constantly expresses surprise at the spate of powers he gets.
- Protagonist Title
- Rich Idiot With No Day Job: Before becoming the Ace of Space, Ace spent his days doing various recreational sports. He maintains this facade to keep his Secret Identity.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: The alien who gives Ace his equipment looks like a really tall human with yellow skin and three eyes.
- Small Role, Big Impact: The Slogons only appear in the first issue, but are responsible for the whole plot due to killing the alien who held Ace's power-granting belt, thus leading to him acquiring it. The alien also fits, due to dying within the first couple pages of the first issue but empowering the hero.
- Starfish Aliens: The Slogons look like one-eyed, green, tentacled blobs.
- Starter Villain: The Slogons, a group of aliens who killed Ace's predecessor and are invading Earth co conquer it. Their fleet is destroyed and they are killed by the end of the first issue.
- Stock Superhero Day Jobs: Busy socialite.
- Superpower Lottery: Ace won:
- The X of Y