ZOOOOOmmxBIES lives and dies from its characters. Throughout three seasons there have been around fifty personalities - not counting all the NPCs made and written by Daen vom Clan.
A young and optimistic woman from Australia who is devoted to music. Despite being from a rich family, she decides to travel to New York, so she could bring colour to the big, grey city by playing her ukulele in the streets.
- Magic Music: She and her little banjo will one day rule the world
- The Pollyanna: Everyone dies around her, but Clover stays ever cheerful.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: She always sees the positive things around her
A kindergarten teacher, who got jailed after an incident that is not referred to in detail and is now in Sydney to visit his best friend/crush Shelley Weinberg. He is at first shy and calm, but starts to open up to the others as the days go by.
- Authority in Name Only: He gets voted the leader of the group, but nobody really ever listens to him
- Break the Cutie: A male example - after zombies, violent deaths and a good fight with Tess, he is a lot more bitter than in the beginning
- Lovable Coward: He isn't the most brave of our heroes, but still almost all characters love him, especially Clover.
A self-confident motor mechanic from Australia who recently got fired because he hit on his boss' daughter. Well, this doesn't keep him from planning to go on vacation for relaxing and cheap hookers.
- Casanova Wannabe: Most of the female characters don't seem to be interested in him.
A customs officer in training, who works at gate D52 at the Sydney Airport. She is the daughter of General Jack McAldrin, an ADF officer. He provided her with the contact to get the job at the airport. Before that, Helena was a hedonistic party girl, who started to damage the reputation of the McAldrin family. She works together with her narcotics detection dog, Machete.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She very quickly decides she wants Axel, and she wants him hard.
- Ax-Crazy: After Axel's death she goes completely nuts.
- Girly Bruiser: The only woman to hit 9 whopping points in Strength.
A 60-years old engineer from Latvia. As a child, his mother taught him to loathe communism and he developed hatred for the Russians. After being an engineer for many years and slowly growing old, Andris didn't find much work anymore. So he traveled to Australia when he got a job offer from Sydney.
- Covert Pervert: You wouldn't expect it, but his inventory includes an inflatable doll and some magazines of questionable content.
Phương "Niki" Anh
A 15-year-old boy from Vietnam. He moved to Australia with his parents in hopes of a better education. Unfortunately, he wasn't as good at school as his parents wanted him to be, so they went back to Vietnam, leaving him behind. Luckily, the staff of an café at the airport in Sydney took care of him and hired him as a waiter.
- Abusive Parents: And how! They left him all alone in a foreign country and destroyed his identity card, all because he got a B+ at school.
- Older Than They Look: He is rather short for his age with childlike features.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Because nobody can pronounce his name properly.
A self-proclaimed adventurer and Indiana Jones fan. He strives to be like his idol.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: He had the most balanced build of all characters. And that is exactly what killed him
- Zombie Infectee: Sacrifices himself after getting bitten.
Leocadia "Léo" Arellano-Felix
- The Baby of the Bunch: She is by far the youngest of the original group - and never gets to do fun, deadly tasks.
- Cheerful Child: Leo is generally surprisingly happy for the things that happen around her.
- Curious as a Monkey: Likes to discover secrets. Bonus points for her plush monkey Alváro.
- Immortality Begins at Twenty: Still alive and kicking in Season 3, 20 years after the apocalypse.
- Kid Sidekick: To all the other characters.
As wife to the late General McAldrin, Prudence was accustomed to a live of luxury - her whole life long she cared for her son, General Jack McAldrin. She cooked, cleaned and played card games with all the other rich wives of the military leaders of Australia. After the apocalypse she lived in Sector Alpha. But she is by no means your average, friendly old lady - she's racist, conceited, and overall mean towards people of lower class.
Prudence is the grandmother of Helena McAldrin and Haile.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Nice old lady on the outside, mean racist on the inside.
- Devil's Advocate: Is strongly against "stealing" from the dead - and is the only one saying so.
- Hidden Depths: She was abused by her husband.
- Never Mess with Granny: Prudence never actually fought for her life, but she absolutely ruined an elite soldier in Station 5 just by being mean to him.
- Hero of Another Story: What he did in the years between season 1 and 2.
- Inexplicably Awesome: He's incredibly strong for a simple channel cleaner.
- The Reliable One: Suparman gets shit done, even when everybody else is panicking.
- Hospital Hottie: She is a really pretty woman and a nurse.
- Nurse with Good Intentions: She tries her best, but she has no power over zombie bites.
- Plucky Girl: Stays pretty positive despite all the horrible events around her.
A french good-for-nothing and petty criminal with a passion for parkour-running. He lived in the Hole until he met Hugh Jackman, who recruited him for his personal tobacco farm. Gabriel becomes a good friend of Shelley and Lexi and is often the victim of Prudence's nitpicking.
- Non-Action Guy: Gabriel stayed out of trouble for the most part of the game and almost never got into a potentially deadly situation.
- Sorry, I'm Gay: Shelley has a crush on him, but he's not really into that.
Alexandra "Lexi" Miller
The sister of Axel Miller. Even after a whole year, she's still searching for her little brother. In the meantime, the ex-cop works as the gunsmith in the armory of the military base. She smokes, drinks and is a deeply sarcastic person. And she really likes 80s-rock.
- French Maid Outfit: She finds one on the ship and tries it on. Hilarity ensues.
A french teenager of good family turned goth-punk. She's bratty, rebellious and rude, but at the core she is still a little girl with a heart of gold. Alice is good with kids and becomes good friends with Leo.
- Ambiguously Gay: Was her female best friend in college a friend, or a 'friend'? No one knows.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She can be pretty, well, moody.
- Zombie Infectee: Gets infected and dies a few hours afterwards.
Richard Matthew "Matt" Fireburg
Matt is an English thief who reached Camp Hope by accident. More is not known about him.
- Gentleman Thief: He's pretty nice for a thief.
Fritz is a German chemistry student and member of a traditional fraternity. He is physically strong and uses very outdated weapons against the zombies.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Because his player was mostly AFK, the group sent him into almost all deadly challenges - and he survived almost all of them, until he was finally slain in the last station.
Gunther is a funky sysadmin, who uses his position in Sector Beta to host a BBS. And you wouldn't believe it: There's actually still spam after the apocalypse! Gunter is pretty crafty and became the go-to jugger during the adventure.
- The Driver: He navigates the "Heather".
- Grease Monkey: Towards computers and communications technology. Becomes the go-to mechanic of the team whenever Prudence is unavailable
Jul is a sports teacher and survived because she slacked off on a world journey while the apocalypse hit. She is a bit snobby and tends to be rude, but does everything she can to save the people around her.
- Beta Couple: After the events of season 2, she shares a private moment with Nathan. It is strongly hinted that Lisa of season 3 is the daughter of them.
A Russian military officer who doesn't speak English. At all. He used to be an alcoholic, but today he is one of the defenders of the group.
An old man, always dressed in old and dirty rags. The experienced survivor likes to tell stories of his past, and it's up to the listener to decide if they're the truth or not. Whoever he is, or was, he does not seem to waste a thought on telling anyone. The only thing he wants is to live. He is actually the actor Hugh Jackman.
- Badass in Charge: Although nobody really ever listens to him, he is actually the one in charge. Played straight with the Skypeople, who follow him almost religiously.
- Celebrity Survivor: He is Hugh fucking Jackman.
- Good Is Not Nice: He is constantly swearing and almost always at least mildly pissed, but is still the one who saves the world.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Shoots batteries, beats a Buccaneer to mash and almost kills Jackal - in less than a week!
- Weapon of Choice: The gun from the scavenger Steve. For the final showdown in the lab he gets a Rapier 9mm from Leo.
Vincent is the jack of all trades. He looks like a nice guy on the outside, but on the inside he is broken. He writes his pain down in dark stories, hiding his real self from the others.
- Taking You with Me: He died while the group attacked the Sabals Keep by using an enemy's grenade to take as much people with him as he could.
Eryn Mac Eoghain
Eryn was one of the survivors of check-in hall D53 and was in Sydney when the outbreak happened. She relies on her outer beauty and inner arrogance. She learned to adapt to the harsh and dirty world around her by working as a barmaid/dancer in Shengs Hope, and treasures every item that helps her increase her appearance.
- Broken Bird: Her health is quickly deteriorating after station 6, and in her final moments she's almost completely zombiefied.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Being a bitch in the beginning, she grows into a fairly responsible person who later gives her life in the final battle.
- Femme Fatale: Likes to see herself as this, but her heart of gold often keeps her from finishing what she started.
- Go Out with a Smile: She dies smiling and embracing her one true love.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She is pretty nice to those she considers her friends, especially Will, Evi, Haile, and even Derreck in her final moments.
- Tears of Remorse: She almost always manages to hold back her tears, but when she finally meets Raoul and tells him how sorry she is, she starts crying.
- Zombie Infectee: Got infected by Torres.
Evangelina "Evi" Nikos
After the apocalypse, Evi lived on a ship that was owned by her father. She learned everything she knows today from the crew, including a certain greed for precious artifacts. She likes to drink and fight, and is known for her special skill in destroying interiors of certain establishments in Shengs Hope.
- An Axe to Grind: Gets an axe from the Vultures as part of her initialization, and with it a shiny new trait!
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She has gone through a lot, but has one of the most happy endings.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Sheng needs about three seconds to fall for her.
- The Lad-ette: She loves to fight and grew up with a bunch of sailors. What do you expect?
- Number Two: Lancaster has one vote more than her and becomes leader of the group. He always addresses Evi as his second-in-command.
- The Pollyanna: Almost always keeps a positive outlook on her life and the events that happen around her.
Frank is a police Officer by heart. He left his wife and his son to save the world and to make it a better place for his family. He was one of the regulars in the Dusty Derrecks bar back in Shengs Hope, and most of the time was the one who stopped the drunks from destroying the bar completely. Most of the time Frank acts as the moral voice of the group.
- Action Dad: A police officer who has one son by himself and adopts a baby in the course of the game. Well, his wife does anyway.
- Butt-Monkey: He doesn't get taken very seriously by the "darker" characters like Leo or Jackman.
- By-the-Book Cop: Lampshaded by Haile when he tries to evoke an evacuation of the hotel in station 6.
Leocadia "Léo" Arellano-Felix
Leo is back with a vengeance! Not the sweet child from season 1 and 2 anymore, she grew up to be a cannibalistic, misanthropic woman with a Hair-Trigger Temper. She seeks revenge on everyone who doomed the world to misery and killed her father in the process - her old companions of season 2 specifically.
- Anger Born of Worry: Her threats against Sheng and Raoul before the final showdown are born out of worry. She thinks both men are too weak to protect her sisters in the battle.
- Anti-Hero: She's mean, likes to eat people, and yet is still one of the first people to defend the group. She is also one of the final three people to bring ADAM to his destination, synthesizing the cure for the virus.
- Bad Mood as an Excuse: Screams at Kerosa for no other reason than being hungry and mildly pissed
- Brutal Honesty: She does speak her mind. Often.
- Determinator: Hoards of zombies, technical stuff and stupid teammates - nothing can or will stop Leo from finally saving the world.
- Foreign Cuss Word: Lots and lots in Spanish.
- Good Is Not Nice: She wants to save the world, but is a total jerk.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: Especially against Jackal, but she has a pretty big collection of Spanish swears.
- Parental Hypocrisy: Threatens Raoul with her cannibalistic tendencies because she found him and Haile kissing - only minutes after finishing her own threesome with Jackman and Seeker.
- Weapon of Choice: A machete, named after Helena's dog Machete.
Determined to find the cure to the sickness that destroyed the world he used to know, Howard spends his time after the apocalypse in Shengs Hope, working as a doctor. He likes to daydream about the past and his life in Australia especially his wife and family.
- Frontier Doctor: He's not actually a doctor, but he does his job pretty well.
- Non-Action Guy: Keeps himself out of danger most of the time.
- Tragic Keepsake: His amulet with pictures of his family.
William "Will" Daugherty
Will is a doctor who has learned all he knows about medicine from his father Henry. He is known as a well-mannered young man. He tries to avoid eye contact with people because, sometimes, you can see too much in them.
- Ambiguous Disorder: We are informed that he is "special" and can't make eye contact with other people
- Heroic Sacrifice: Dies in Chapter 5 while keeping Eryn safe on the Mardi Gras float.
- Hospital Hottie: Is dubbed "McDreamy" by the more snarky companions.
- No Social Skills: Has a hard time talking to a lot of people.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't speak that much and is one of the most calm characters.
Hailena "Haile" McAldrin-Sheng
The youngest daughter of General Jack McAldrin was born into the apocalypse and lived her first few and miserable years in Chateau Jack on her father's island. For years the island was under heavy attack by the "Cult of Vision" until, one day, her father sold her to the cult. A few years later, Corporal Sheng attacked one of the temples and found a young women in the ruins. He took her back to Shengs Hope.
- Cain and Abel: With Georgina. Unbeknownst to Haile, her older sister wants to destroy the world. And kill her in the process.
- Cute Mute: She doesn't talk much. At all. Up until the very end she only speaks 83 words. She only talks to people who earned her trust, including Leo, Evi and of course Raoul.
- First Kiss: With Raoul. She's really confused about it.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Nearly everything about this girl is golden. Her eyes, her hair, and her heart.
- Human Sacrifice: It's not easy being the apostle of the apocalypse.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Gets a dress made by Kerosa before the final showdown. It fits perfectly for her status as Daughter of Daylight.
- Interrupted Intimacy: That girl is a walking contraceptive, as often as she disturbs sexy times.
- Le Parkour: Dubbed "little monkey" by Jäger and Leo because she is the best climber and runner of the team.
- Little Miss Badass: She will kick your ass, without weapons of any kind.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She is small and malnourished, but manages to beat zombie mutants to death. With her fists. She also takes on Thorn Vulture, a much larger warrior, and beats him in the combat arena.
- Raised by Orcs: She lived in a cultist temple until she was rescued by Sheng.
- Rebellious Princess: She just straight out refuses to fulfill her destiny as the apostle of the cult.
- Socially Awkward Hero: After saving the people of Shengs Hope, they still think of her as an evil cultist witch. It needs some well placed words by Sheng and Wingman to change that.
- Waif-Fu: Her fighting style is really fast without the use of any traditional weapons. Only at the end she gets a lance but doesn't get to use it.
- Youngest Child Wins: The only daughter of General Jack McAldrin to live. And the only one not to be an utterly crazy bitch.
Living far from civilization as a child, no-one in the small town on the Ukraine-Polish border noticed the end of the world for a long time. After the epidemic reached his home, Jegor and his family got kidnapped by scavengers and his infected father got shot. He lived with the scavengers until a group of ex-military men killed all of them and took him in. There, he learned everything he knows and he received his nickname "Jäger".
In Shengs Hope he became a scavenger himself. He is often seen in the Dusty Derrecks joining Evi in her Tavern Brawls.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Has a pretty nice talk with Torres after their brawl at Fawyerland.
- Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress: Loses his shoe (and his Parkour trait) after falling from a tower in Chapter 4.
- Le Parkour: He is the go-to scout for the group and is often the one to climb onto buildings. Fittingly, he has the Parkour trait.
- Only Sane Man: He and Leo are the only ones to vote for directly going to the laboratory to synthesize the cure - without making a long and potentially world-ending stop to save the lives of the people of Shengs Hope.
Niki Phương "Niki" Anh
As a survivor of check-in hall D52, Niki has been around since season 1. As Lexi, he set out to find his stepmother Alexis Caprice, the only person he ever cared for. After the events of season 2, Alexis died and something inside of Niki broke. Then he met a little girl who he named "Alex" and the two are now inseparable.
- Kid Sidekick: Niki adopted a young girl called Alex and cares for her.
- Only One Name: After the events of season 2, he stopped going by his full name completely
Before the strange sickness hit the world, Andrea left her husband and child and moved to Australia to smuggle various wares in and out of the country. After some time the job became too exhausting and dangerous for her, and so she began to work as a TV moderator instead. Until the apocalypse began. Her skills in smuggling gave her a good basis in surviving in the newly zombie-infested world, and soon she and her group of smugglers came to Shengs Hope.
- Arms Dealer: If you need a weapon and you need it now, Andrea is your address.
Lisa is the daughter of Jul from season 2 and a young girl living in Shengs Hope. She cares for her sick mother and tries her best to help the people around her.
Corporal ShengSheng is a Japanese soldier, who was first stationed in the military base at the start of season 2. He is a legendarily bad fighter and all-around simply not made for military duty. But he's really good with words and holds magical speeches in front of any crowd - with a lot of confidence, hope and his love for other people.
Was a regular soldier in season 2 and a constant headache for our group of heroes, and became mayor of Shengs Hope in Season 3. He acts as a father figure towards Haile who later even adopts his name and is deeply, madly in love with Evi.
- Almost Kiss: Lots and lots with Evi. When they finally confess their love, he lampshades the sheer amount of cockblocking they went through.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: He almost dies and needs to get saved constantly, but he has one of the happiest endings
- Parental Substitute: For Haile. Although it's not always easy, he really cares for her and puts her good before his own.Sheng: Well, if you can give me advice on how to deal with a rebellious, potentially homicidal adopted daughter hitting puberty and telling me why I always come last in line to get hit by Cupid's Arrow, that'd be great.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Closest to be the main hero of all three seasons, yet somehow the Ragtag Bunch of Misfits always takes the glory
- Supporting Leader: He is the major of Shengs Hope and does everything to aid the group before the adventure begins
RaoulOne of the thieves of the IHS Ahladita in Shengs Hope. He's fighting to become the leader of his crew and wants to use Haile to cement his bad reputation.
Later, he gets kidnapped by Floyd-Williams and tortured by Georgina. He still manages to keep his head up and supports Haile in the final showdown.
- Coming-of-Age Story: He was pretty naive back in Shengs Hope, even thinking about becoming a cultist just to impress Haile. The torture and captivity by the hands of Georgina drastically changed that, and he becomes fairly responsible.
- Covered with Scars: After the events at the Alamodome. He got tortured by Georgina, who wanted to know more about his relationship with Haile
- Distressed Dude: Haile saves him from the hands of the cultists and generally kicks a lot of butts to keep him save. He even lampshades it once.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Went from Would Hit a Girl to Lovable Rogue to Distressed Dude to The Lancer to The Mole to Defecting for Love- In the final fight against Georgina he acts like he is actually still her slave, but backstabs her in the end.
- The Lancer: Towards Haile.
- Lovable Rogue: His original character archetype. He is almost always grinning and keeps his head up even after being tortured.
- Promoted to Love Interest: He was only planned as a minor character, but then Haile happened.
- Rescue Romance: Well, they kissed before all the shit went down, but Haile and Raoul only start to talk to each other after the Alamodome.
- Sticky Fingers: He is a very good thief. He even manages to steal Georgina's ritual dagger.
- Would Hit a Girl: The very first thing we see him do.
Kerosa FlameriderA bratty, young and irritating woman from the clan Flamerider. She stabs Haile, then gets saved by her in station 4, and so decides to stick with the team. Kerosa has a big mouth and usually talks in thinly disguised sexual metaphors. She's good with cars, mechanical problems, and hitting things.
- Action Girl: Her sole reason for existence: having an awesome day and blowing shit up.
- Anything That Moves: Kerosa is really in for it - she casually mentions wanting to have sex with Lancaster, Raoul, Thorn, Haile and even Eryn.
- Do Not Go Gentle: She dies like she lived - with a giant explosion.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After the events of the final fight she saves Raoul's life by taking a spear in the heart. She dies in the process - and it was heartbreaking, since nobody was expecting it at that point in the story.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: What drove her to drive into the middle of the enemies and let her car explode there - she was dying anyway from a puncture wound.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Almost exclusively talks in bad metaphors with some kind of car-theme, and is one of the few non-constantly depressed characters.
- Weapon of Choice: A makeshift crossbow dubbed "Schwanzschlitzer5000".
Seeker VultureThe leader of the clan Vulture. She is an aggressive woman with a huge lust for blood and leads her flock with anger and hardness. She is incredibly authoritative and is covered in tattoos, which tell of her killing sprees. In Leo she finds a sister whom she respects and even entrusts her with the future of the clan.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is known to be a ruthless fighter, skilled with weapons and other combat techniques
- Blood Knight: She vows to kill Kerosa because Kerosa mowed down "her" enemies.
- Death Seeker: Wants to die in the final fight. And she goes out with a literal bang.
- Do Not Go Gentle: Dies while smashing a grenade into a cultist.
'Dirty' DerreckDerreck survived the apocalypse by hiding in the basement of the McDonald's he used to work in. Twenty years later he's still living there and makes his living by owning the only bar in the wasteland. He's the boss of Eryn and Vincent and is obviously in love with Eryn.
After the events of station 1 he's exiled to the wasteland and ends up as a cultist. Throughout the season he helps the group from the shadows.
- Redemption Equals Death: In his final moments we learn what he did to help the group. He dies with his beloved Eryn in his arms.
- Tragic Keepsake: Gets Eryn's amulet before being exiled. He keeps it safe until we meet him again in the Alamodome.
Georgina Floyd-Williams-Georgina McAldrinGeorgina is the daughter of George Floyd-Williams, the patriarch who owns almost all of the food in Shengs Hope. She tries to act all cute and nice, but is known to share all little secrets of the townsfolk with her father.
She is actually a cultist spy and the older sister of Haile. Georgina is the one behind the destruction of the town and the capture of all the citizens, because she wants to rise to the position of apostle in the Cult of Vision.
- Alpha Bitch: Nobody in town likes her, mainly because she is the daughter of the local crazy patriarch.
- Honey Trap: She seduces almost all the men of Shengs Hope, including Stutton and Wingman, to get her way and to learn more secrets about the people.
- The Mole: She was installed as a cultist spy to gain the trust of the people of Shengs Hope