Characters in Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs.
The male protagonist. An unlucky guy with extraordinary spiritual powers, but has a massive debt attached to his name due to a past ghost possession involving stock gambling. Kogarashi decides to stay at the Yuragi Inn until he's able to find out why a ghost named Yuuna has remained there instead of passing on to the afterlife. In the meantime, he attends Yukemuri High while working almost any job he comes across as a means to pay off his debt.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: When de-aged and amnesiac, Kogarashi answers Yuuna's Love Confession by telling her he likes her too. He then suddenly goes back to being his usual teenage self and brushes off what his younger self just said as a Platonic Declaration of Love.
- Above the Influence:
- Kogarashi refuses to have casual sex with anyone, which is the reason why he rejects Oboro's advances since she just wants to have strong babies.
- Due to his intense training and strong moral nature, Kogarashi has a powerful mental state where he can resist powerful spells like a Succubus eye glare that make men go crazy with lust. When Haruma accidentally used her charm power on him, Kogarashi was affected, but instead ended up acting like a gentleman to Haruma and covering up her half-naked body with his coat.
- When he falls into the aphrodisiac hot spring, Kogarashi, unlike the girls, ends up being able to control it and manages to not have sex with anyone.
- Accidental Pervert:
- He always finds himself in compromising situations with girls. And oddly enough, most of the accidents aren't caused by Kogarashi's clumsiness, but rather by one of the girls.
- When asleep, Kogarashi will accidentally grope and molest any woman sleeping next to him (like Yuuna) in his sleep. Not just Yuuna, but also Sagiri, Hibari, Oboro and Chisaki have suffered under his sleeping habits.
- Achilles' Heel: Despite arguably being the strongest character in the series in terms of raw power, he has been shown to be especially susceptible to spells and curses (particularly transformation spells). Kogarashi explains in Chapter 76 that this is due to his spritual medium abilities. Possibly a case of Cursed with Awesome in that most spells and curses directed towards him seem to result in the women around him falling for him and/or fanservice.
- Almost Kiss: Was close to locking lips with Renge and Karura. The former was possessed by a spirit animal while the latter tried to force him using a binding shirishiki curse.
- The Atoner: The reason why he has a massive debt; he's trying to atone for the horrible things he did towards his teacher who ended up with a massive debt thanks to her father possessing Kogarashi and Kogarashi ignoring about the stock market crash thinking that it wasn't his problem.
- Bystander Syndrome: Thinking that the stock market crashing isn't his problem, he ignores it only to find out that it affected his teacher whose father possessed him. He regrets the entire thing ever since and ends up with the massive debt that he's had since the beginning of the series.
- Chick Magnet: While he isn't the most popular guy in the school due to his talk about ghosts and Yuuna lifting Chisaki's skirt, Kogarashi draws in a substantial amount of women who are so gorgeous that random bystanders blush when they walk by. Most of those girls are in love with him to varying degrees ranging from naturally interested to Stalker with a Crush. The kind of girls he has drawn in are: a beautiful ghost girl, the most popular girl in his school, a powerful ninja and her cousin, the God Blade of the Ryuuga family, and a Tengu leader who is head over heels with him.
- Chosen Conception Partner: After Kogarashi thwarts her master's plan to marry Yuuna and sire powerful children, Oboro decides that mating herself with Kogarashi will create even stronger children, and spends every night trying to seduce himeven crawling buck naked into his bed with him. After Kogarashi makes it clear that he is not interested in having a child with a woman besides one he loves, Oboro decides that these terms are acceptable and resolves to make Kogarashi fall in love with her. Though after a while, she falls in love with him.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Despite his cheerful nature, Kogarashi past was nothing but depressing. He was seemingly abandoned when he was a child and could see ghosts when no one else could see them, so that he was believed to be crazy. Always being possessed by them to clear their regret or for the joy of it ruined Kogarashi's social life. And one ghost even lead him to years of debt and made him take many jobs just to pay his debt. He had to move around a lot due to his ghost-possessing nature, so no one adopted him. It wasn't until his master, Ouga, found him and trained/raised him that his life finally became better.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: He's so spiritually powerful that he can punch out anything from a harmful spirit to a Dragon God (twice, including after the Dragon God spent a whole year training to beat him).
- Distressed Dude: Gets taken captive by Kurara, Matora, and Suzutsuki during the Hiogi Estate arc, which causes the girls of Yuragi Inn to come save him. Again when the Black Dragon God takes him to an alternate dimension to fight.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Whenever he sees a cute girl in danger, Kogarashi rushes in to save her even if they're complete strangers. It's eventually revealed this behavior is motivated by his guilt over the times he got possessed and caused troubles for his female teacher in fifth grade, particularly leaving her in a 10 million yen debt.
- Expert in Underwater Basket Weaving: He gained a large number of skills from having been possessed by multiple spirits while he was young, including ping-pong, manga illustration, and free diving. These tend to look useless at first and happen to come in handy later.
- Face of a Thug: Looks and dresses like a delinquent but he is a Nice Guy at heart. Although a couple of people suggest he's intimidating, it doesn't really come through in the art where the only real difference between him and anyone else is that he has longer hair.
- Heroic RRoD: In his fight against Nadare Tenko, Kogarashi has been turned back into a child and his younger body can't withstand the power of Yatahagane he gets from Ouga's magatama. After briefly getting the upper hand on Nadare, Kogarashi's body starts to disintegrate.
- Hot for Teacher: He had a crush on Ouga Makyouin, the master who taught him the Yatahagane fighting style.
- Interrupted Suicide: A de-aged Kogarashi pushes his body to the limit while fighting Nadare Tenko, completely ready to turn himself into dust because he's convinced he'll only bring problems to those he cares about. Fortunately, Yuuna gives him a Cooldown Hug and a Love Confession before young Kogarashi pulverizes his own head.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: A comic variant in that his experiences prior to the series in being possessed by spirits essentially means he has expert level skills at practically anything the plot calls for him to be able to do. This has allowed him to take on many jobs...and also turn up in nearly any setting, filling in for any missing manpower. This is played for comedy because a number of chapters are set up where one of the girls will be doing something, and Kogarashi will simply appear in possession of a seemingly random skill and will explain he was previously possessed by the spirit of a Master of that craft. At this point nobody is seriously surprised when Kogarashi shows up in almost any context.
- Last of His Kind: He is the last of the Yatahagane, one of the Three Big Families. They were known for their strong bodies and strength that rivaled the Gods themselves.
- Like an Old Married Couple: He and Yuuna live together in the same room and they're so comfortable around each other it feels like they have been together for a long time. Koyuzu lampshades they seem a married couple already even though they aren't officially dating.
- Limited Wardrobe: He is so poor that he barely has any other clothes.
- Lust Object: While the girls' do genuinely love Kogarashi for his kind nature and strong moral, a lot of the girls also want Kogarashi physically. Chisaki, who used to be a very virtuous girl and was afraid of males, starts having sexual fantasies about him. Oboro still wants to bed Kogarashi despite also wanting a genuine relationship now instead of just providing the Ryuuga Family with strong children. Karuna has a collection of pictures of him and keeps them in her room as a Stalker Shrine. Even Yuuna, who is arguably the most innocent, has a subconscious tendency to always be next to Kogarashi whenever she is sleeping, nearly always getting naked.
- Made of Iron: Gets punched to the ceiling of a large cavern, but is still in good enough condition to fight after falling back down.
- Megaton Punch: Instead of rituals to exorcise spirits, he just punches them. Various characters have lampshaded how ridiculous it sounds.
- My Greatest Failure: The reason why he's shouldering a massive debt. It wasn't his to begin with but rather his fifth grade teacher whose dad possessed Kogarashi and dealed with the stock market trade then departed for the afterlife before he could make a profit out of it. Kogarashi ignored that there was going to be a stock market crash and left it as was, thinking that it wasn't his problem only to find out that that the daughter of the guy who possessed him was his teacher. This is the same teacher that he assaulted after being possessed by the ghost of an aggressive dog.
- Nice Guy: Despite his rough childhood and the various antics he has to deal with, he manages to be a well-adjusted and thoughtful guy (which in turn draws lots and lots of women to him).
- Oblivious to Love: There are signs that he may know about how the girls in his harem feel towards him, but for the most part, he's remained oblivious towards their feelings. Though he does know about Karura, Hibari, and Sagiri due to them being the only girls that outright confessed to him.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His hair often covers one of his eyes.
- Perpetual Poverty: Due to being often possessed by ghosts, he acquired a large debt and barely scrapes by to pay his rent. He moves into Yuragi Inn as he is promised to be able to stay free of charge in exchange for helping Yuuna move on. Although it turns out that the debt wasn't because of poverty but because he is shouldering someone else's debt that he feels responsible for.
- Precocious Crush:
- When he was younger, Kogarashi had a crush on his Big Sister Mentor Ouga who was the 100-year-old ghost of an adult woman. She loved him too, but as a cute little brother figure.
- In the Nadare Tenko arc, Kogarashi's body and memories get reverted back to the time when he was eleven years old. He ends up developing a crush on Yuuna and even admits it to her right before going back to being a teenager.
- Psychic Powers: He has high spiritual powers.
- Renaissance Man: A mostly-involuntary case of this. As a child, he was prone to getting possessed by ghosts who would then force him to do all sorts of activities. Some examples include:
- He once was possessed by a ping-pong trainer and he became good enough to qualify for the nationals.
- He once was possessed by a mastered grilling cook, which allows for Kogarashi to cook grilled fish.
- He once was possessed by a mangaka, so he can help Nonko with her manga by acting as a manga assistant.
- He once was possessed by a powerful psychic and went through intense training that earned him his ridiculous strength.
- He once was possessed by a mountain climber, allowing him to easily scale the walls of a building.
- He once was possessed by a magician.
- He once was possessed by a gambler who could pull off underhanded dice tricks.
- He once was possessed by a pastry maker, which allows for Kogarashi to cook cakes.
- He once was possessed by a prodigy figure skater.
- He once was possessed by an outdoorsman, which provides him many wilderness survival skills.
- Super Strength: To ridiculous degrees. His modus operandi is to defeat his opponents with one punch, including the dragon god Genshiro. At one point, a powerful demon who had just been freed from a seal decided to re-seal himself instead of taking on Kogarashi in a fight.
- Taught by Experience: Being possessed by ghosts, Kogarashi often had to do what they want for them to pass on. In the end, he gains the knowledge from doing the tasks.
- Tragic Keepsake: He got his magatama necklace from his ghost teacher before she passed on.
- Tsundere: His de-aged 11-year-old self acts unfriendly towards Yuuna because he still thinks all ghost are evil. When he finds himself getting concerned about her, he reminds himself he can't get friendly with a ghost and pretends to not care about her.
- Unlucky Everydude: Ever since he was a child, he was an easy target of possession for ghosts which got him in all sorts of troubles which eventually left him dirt-poor and homeless.
- Unwanted Harem: While Kogarashi doesn't dislike any of the girls that like him, he doesn't like the compromising situations he gets into them. He actually notes this himself and as a result, decides not to hang out with any of them during their school trip to Kyoto for a day, but with Hyoudou instead since he knows how clingy they can be and how much more trouble could come to them and others.
- We Have Become Complacent: Although he still displays an extraordinary amount of strength in the present day, Ouga (his master) reveals that he was much stronger in the past when he saved the world from Garandou, and that, in her own words, he had "way surpassed" her back then as well. However, since he stopped training for over 2 years while she did not, he is now significantly weaker than her in the present day, with Ouga effortlessly sending him flying outside of the building they were in with one punch. He regains his lost spiritual power by the time of Chapter 126, however.
- Weak to Magic: Kogarashi is a spirit medium, making him susceptible to spells and curses (particularly transformation spells), despite being one of the most powerful characters in the series.
- What You Are in the Dark: One night he returns from work late, Kogarashi finds a half-naked Yuuna and Chisaki laying defenseless in the futon next to him. Chisaki, who is just pretending to be sleep, is sure Kogarashi will do something naughty to her. Instead, he puts a blanket over the two girls and goes to sleep. Then, Oboro enters the room and tries once again to seduce Kogarashi by literally throwing herself naked at him. Just as Chisaki is thinking Kogarashi won't be able to control himself, he calmly tells Oboro he will only have sex with the woman he loves.
- Work Off the Debt: He once was possessed by a stock gambler. A series of bad investments is what led to Kogarashi having a massive money debt attached to his name at the start of the series. Although it turns out that it wasn't because of a bad investment but the stock market crashed and Kogarashi ignored it, thinking it wasn't his problem. Only to find out that the one affected was his teacher who he assaulted at one point due to being possessed by an aggressive dog and her father was the same guy who possessed Kogarashi to do the stock exchange deals. Kogarashi is taking jobs and sending the money to his teacher out of guilt for the massive debt she got into because of his medium powers.
- World's Strongest Man: With years of training by his master, Ouga, and inheriting the Yatahagane martial art style, Kogarashi effectively became the world most powerful man by pure strength alone. And all this happen when Kogarashi was merely a middle schooler. However, by the time of the first chapter, Kogarashi grew weaker because he hasn't been training after defeating Garandou and going on world-hopping adventure. But after being fully restored by using spirit crystals from the Ameno ninjas and Yuuna giving him some spirit energy from her body, his spirit power is over 1 billion, much higher than anyone in the series.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Bides by this rule and Oboro exploits this in Chapter 16 to render him unable to retaliate."It doesn't matter to me that you're a spirit or a god. The only things that I don't punch are women."
Yuuna Yunohana/Tenko Genryuusai
The titular character of the series. Yuuna is the ghost of a girl who died at Yuragi Inn, but has remained stuck there ever since. The reason being that Yuuna is unable to remember what she wanted to do before passing on to the afterlife.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: She initially seems to confess to Kogarashi in Chapter 69. However, upon realizing what she said, she panics and tries to pass it off as a Platonic Declaration of Love.
- Artificial Family Member: She's a clone of Mahoro Tenko, which makes Byakuei Tenko Yuuna's "father", although he only thinks of the original Mahoro as his daughter. Mahoro, on the other hand, does think of Yuuna and other the six failed clones as her sisters.
- Artificial Human: She was created as a clone of the original Tenko Mahoro by her father Tenko Byakuei. After dying she remained as a spirit that ended up in Yuragi Inn.
- Bedmate Reveal: Yuuna has a bad habit of crawling to Kogarashi's futon every single night. The result is always Yuuna getting embarrassed upon waking up and throwing Kogarashi out the window into a river.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite Yuuna being one of the nicest girls in the series, even she can have her limits and make a stern angry face to a young Kogarashi when he refuses to listen to her.
- Cooldown Hug: When a de-aged Kogarashi attempts a Suicide Attack on Nadare Tenko, Yuuna hugs him and calms him down by telling him that him being a medium doesn't only bring bad things, since he could meet her and she fell in love with him thanks to that.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Yuuna is a good cook, but she has the big problem that she can't taste food unless it's given to her as an offering. Because of this, she tends to mess up the ingredients such as mistaking cola with soy sauce and vinegar with cooking wine.
- Covert Pervert: She ordinarily crawls to Kogarashi's bed in her sleep. At first, when she realizes she's climbed into his bed, she freaks out and uses poltergeist-esque powers to throw him in a local river. Later on, she "solves" this problem and instead unconsciously strips off all of her (and sometimes his) clothes and clings to him erotically.
- Cuddle Bug: Kogarashi's sleeping habits don't help, but Yuuna still automatically cuddles up to Kogarashi whenever she is asleep. Even when he is not there, Yuuna ends up cuddling with Chisaki instead.
- Cute Ghost Girl: For those who can see her, she is a very cute eternally 16-year old ghost girl.
- Damsel in Distress: Gets taken captive by Genshiro and Oboro during the Ryuuga Clan arc, which causes the members of Yuragi Inn to come save her.
- Doesn't Know Their Own Birthday: Since she doesn't remember her human life, Yuuna doesn't know when she was born. Kogarashi makes her birthday the day she was named Yuuna.
- Expendable Clone: She's the seventh of a series of clones of Byakuei Tenko's daughter Mahoro. Byakuei created her and the previous Genryuusais to make them master the Garandou techniques that would make Mahoro immortal and replaced all the failures without a thought.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Yuuna is the most traditionally feminine of the occupants in Yuragi Inn and she's the only one besides Chitose who can cook. Her food would probably be great if she just could taste the ingredients first.
- Friendly Ghost: To Kogarashi's initial surprise, Yuuna is incredibly sweet despite being a ghost and she promises she won't do things like haunting anyone; instead she wants to make friends.
- Ghost Amnesia: She can't remember her life before becoming a ghost, her last living moments, what she needs to do to move on nor her real name - Yuuna is a nickname given to her by the owner of the inn that she adopted into her identity.
- Go-Go Enslavement: When being held captive by Ryuuga Genshiro to be made his bride, he forces Yuuna to undergo "bridal training" by using a forbidden (sexy) technique to change her into Fanservice-y outfits. They include School Sport Uniform, Playboy Bunny, Meido, Naughty Nurse Outfit and Anime Chinese Girl.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a hitaikakushi as it was a headband. It's later shown she wore an actual headband when alive.
- Haunted Fetter: Yuuna is bound to Yuragi Inn and its Room 4 is the only place she can reside in. She mentions she originally couldn't leave Yuragi Inn's grounds, but after being a ghost for so long, she became able to travel to other places. She still gets dragged back to the inn if she falls asleep, though.
- Heroic Albino: The main heroine is a Cute Ghost Girl with white hair, pure white skin and red eyes.
- Innocent Cohabitation: She lives together at Room 4 with Kogarashi since that's the only room at the inn she can stay in.
- Innocently Insensitive: She suggests a de-aged and amnesiac Kogarashi that she should possess his body so they can go up against Nadare Tenko. Unfortunately, young Kogarashi recently had several traumatic experiences where ghosts possessed him and caused lots of trouble. This significantly increases young Kogarashi's distrust towards Yuuna because of her being a ghost.
- Insecure Love Interest: She worries Kogarashi would probably be better off without her since she has done nothing but cause troubles for him ever since they met. She also thinks she doesn't really have the right to fall in love with him in the first place because she's already dead.
- Invisible to Normals: Humans with no spiritual power can't see or hear her. Out of the regular cast, this usually means that only Chisaki can't see her, as everyone else is either spiritually powered or themselves some kind of supernatural being.
- Kitsune: Being part of the Tenko bloodline, Yuuna is able to canalize the power of the nine-tailed fox.
- Like an Old Married Couple: It's pointed out Yuuna acts like Kogarashi's wife even though they aren't officially dating.
- Love Confessor: She admits to Chisaki, Sagiri, and Hibari and she's fallen for Kogarashi in Chapter 49.
- Love Epiphany: Yuuna eventually comes to the realization in Chapter 46 that despite being a ghost, she's fallen in love with Kogarashi.
- Meaningful Name: Her surname means "flower of hot springs".
- Mind over Matter: She can make objects float around her. This often happens involuntarily when she is riled up.
- Mysterious Past: The mystery as to who Yuuna was when she died, and why she became a spirit bound to the Yuragi Inn, serves as the Myth Arc of the series. Kogarashi and Yuuna meet Ryuuzen the Fortune Teller in Chapter 53 who provides a brief glimpse into Yuuna's past when she was alive. She apparently used to be an Ill Girl in a wheelchair, and her hair is seen as her natural dark color. She's later revealed to be a member of the powerful and mysterious Tenko clan, although Miria Katsuragi is the only one that actually knows this (and Miria knows nothing other than the Tenko spiritual signature and what she looks like).
- Mystical White Hair: A Cute Ghost Girl with fitting white hair. In addition, in life she was an Artificial Human cloned from a member of a family of powerful mediums. According to flashbacks, she had dark hair when she was alive.
- Naked First Impression: She first encounters Kogarashi when they're both taking a bath at the hot springs.
- Naked on Arrival: She's introduced when she goes to the hot springs to take a bath and happens to run into Kogarashi there.
- Nice Girl: Very gentle, sweet-tempered and kindhearted.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Yuuna Yunohana" is actually a nickname given to her by the owner of the inn that Yuuna chose to keep. Due to Ghost Amnesia, Yuuna can't even remember her original name. Her real name is Genryuusai Tenko.
- Pocket Dimension: After she recovers her original powers of her human life as Genryuusai Tenko, Yuuna gains the ability to create an alternate reality to where she can transport the entire Yuragi Inn along its residents in an instant. She uses this to hide her de-aged friends from Nadare Tenko.
- Power Incontinence: Yuuna's poltergeist powers go out of control whenever she feels too embarrassed or nervous. The result is usually Kogarashi being sent flying and stuff getting thrown around.
- Prone to Tears: She's very sensitive and prone to crying when she's embarrassed.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches past her waist.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Not currently, but she was one in her previous life before death. Flashbacks show Yuuna was closer to an Emotionless Girl when she was alive. She was the seventh Genryuusai Tenko in a series of clones of Mahoro Tenko created by latter's father Byakuei, the head of the Tenko bloodline, in his desperation for saving his daughter from death. Byakuei saw Yuuna as nothing but an expendable tool and was frustrated by how she resisted obeying him to the very end. Ironically, she looks more like a Rei expy now with her white hair and red eyes than she did in life, where her hair color was dark.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Yuuna is utterly mortified by Kogarashi repeatedly seeing her naked and/or groping her. Although, most of those accidents are usually her fault.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She has this sort of relationship with Chisaki.
- Spooky Photographs: She doesn't like taking photos of herself because it often ends up this way. However, spiritually attuned photographers are able to take ordinary photographs of her that show her actual appearance as well.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Yuuna does show interest in romance and dating like a normal high schooler, but so far has only demonstrated interest in dating Kogarashi and not any other males.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Yuuna loves Kogarashi for his strong supportive nature around her and how patient Kogarashi can be with her bad habits.
- Strong Family Resemblance: When she accesses her family's powers as a Kitsune, you can tell she's related to Miria now.
- Supreme Chef: At least, when she was made an offer to be able to taste the food, otherwise she would not be able to cook and mistake other ingredients for others. However, over time, she has learned to cook without tasting the ingredients, and many people in the Inn agreed it taste great.
- Talking with Signs: She writes in notebooks to communicate with people who cannot see or hear her.
- Tareme Eyes: Her eyes are huge and droopy, fitting her meek and kind personality.
- Technically Naked Shapeshifter: She can freely change the clothes she wears since it is just part of her spiritual body. When pointed out by Kogarashi, she gets very flustered and accidentally made herself naked.
- Took a Level in Badass: After she recovers the spiritual powers of her human life as Genryuusai Tenko, Yuuna becomes the most powerful member of the Yuragi Inn next to Kogarashi.
- Undead Barefooter: She's usually barefoot when wearing her iconic yukata. Since she's a ghost, she doesn't need to manifest shoes anyway as she's almost always floating around.
- Unfinished Business: Yuuna haunts the inn due to dying with regrets. What it is, however, is a mystery.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: For a handful of chapters, she attends Kogarashi's high school, but her presence is kept secret from people who aren't spiritually attuned (and thus can't see her). However, everyone at the school soon finds out of her existence and she manifests in public by holding objects, generally a notepad that she uses to communicate, which simply floats in midair. The students initially find this mildly interesting, and later on stop seeming to care at all.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Yuuna can cook, she takes care of the Inn whenever she helps Chitose out, she wears a yukata nearly at all times, and she can be tough when someone messes with her loved ones. She even acts like Kogarashi's wife even though they aren't even dating.
- You Can See Me?: In her first meeting with Kogarashi, she's shocked at the fact he can see her and it's made worse because she was naked at the moment. Later, she also confirmed he could see her as a normal girl instead of a scary silhouette.
The innkeeper of Yuragi Inn. Chitose is a Zashiki-warashi.
- The Ageless: Zashiki-warashi are youkai that look like children, so Chitose's body is always that of a little girl despite being several hundreds of years old.
- Compulsory School Age: Chitose is the oldest resident in Yuragi Inn with several hundred years of age, but due to being a Zashiki-warashi, she always looks like a 13-year-old girl. She uses this to enroll at a middle school just for fun.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 19. Unbeknownst to the members of Yuragi Inn, Chitose acts out her role as a young kid by going to middle school.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: When her mind is regressed to 300 years ago, she's amazed by discovering the modern day has very useful inventions for housework like the freezer and the washing machine.
- Harem Nanny: She's the innkeeper who is way older than any of the residents and often looks after Kogarashi and his harem members.
- Meaningful Name: Her surname translates to "Waitress" or "Ryoukan".
- Really 700 Years Old: Due to being a Zashiki-warashi, Chitose's appearance is always that of a small child, but she's around a thousand years old.
- Scullery Maid: Often seen dressed up in cleaning clothes when she's taking care of the inn.
- Story-Breaker Power: Possesses one of the most potent supernatural powers that is capable of accomplishing anything by sheer luck or misfortune. Chapter 19 details a drawback - that an equal magnitude of (mis)fortune will follow at a random interval after this power's use, preventing Nakai from recklessly using it. This is also explicitly why she did not participate in the conflict with Ryuuga, as affecting a god with her power could bring massive collateral damage. In addition, according to Ouga, she is completely immune to luck manipulation due to her spiritual armor.
- Team Mom: Acts as such by taking care of the members of the inn, such as providing them food and drinks.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's the resident loli-stereotype of Yuragi Inn.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: She can control luck.
- Zashiki-warashi: She's a youkai who looks like an eternal little girl, and acts as the caretaker of Yuragi Inn while possessing the power to control people's luck.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her spirit armor has an opening from the collarbone to as low beneath the abdomen, showing off her large breasts.
- Beam Spam: Can summon a massive beam-like attack when she's using her oni powers.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: The sclerae of her eyes turns black when using her spirit armor.
- Boobs of Steel: Has the biggest pair in the series, and after Kogarashi, the strongest physical fighter. Prior to Kogarashi regaining his lost spiritual power, she actually surpassed him in strength while in Thousand Liter Mode, being roughly evenly matched with Ouga during their fight despite ultimately losing.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her sixteen-year-old self has short hair and a tough-as-nails attitude that is the polar opposite of her long-haired, cheerful present self.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 11. Kogarashi learns that Nonko is a mangaka, and helps her develop the next chapter for the manga she's currently writing.
- Chapters 28 to 30. Nonko brings Kogarashi, Yuuna and Oboro to a villa on the beach that she rented out to spend some time to relax. She also has a heart-to-heart with Kogarashi discussing the reasons as to why Yuuna isn't someone that will end up turning into an evil spirit.
- Chapter 66. Delves into the mangaka-editor friendship that Nonko shares with Rui Harashima.
- Chapter 78. The first time Nonko is seen going all out with her Oni powers in a rematch against Matora.
- Chapter 86. Matora goes about trying to convince Nonko to become sparring partners, which leads to them relaxing at a hot spring.
- Famous Ancestor: She is a descendant of Shuten-douji.
- Future Me Scares Me: Nonko's 16-year-old self isn't pleased to learn that in eight years, she will become a Hard-Drinking Party Girl with a stripping habit.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She likes to drink. It makes sense since she is an oni and a descendant of Shuten-douji. She's almost never shown sober and ranges from mildly drunk to blatantly passed-out.
- Horned Humanoid: She grows horns when using her oni powers.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Her teenage self is gruff and rough around the edges, yet she very quickly becomes protective of the kid versions of the Yuragi Inn residents.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In her confrontation with Ouga, she uses her 1000 liters form, which is the strongest we have seen her so far.
- Mangaka: She is one for the Shōjo (Demographic).
- Meaningful Name: Her given name means "drinking girl".
- Meganekko: The glasses-stereotype of Yuragi Inn. One can assume that they're needed to help Nonko develop her manga.
- Ms. Exposition: Nonko explains the Ami and Yasuhisa ghost folktale to Kogarashi and Yuuna.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not unusual in-series given that almost every one qualifies, but Nonko is perpetually in a state of modest to severe undress.
- Near-Death Experience: A brief flashback to Nonko's past shows her gravely injured, and bleeding out on the ground after a battle against a monster. The experience led Nonko to living her life from then on trying out many different things, and eventually led to her becoming a mangaka in the current day.
- Oni: What Nonko is due to being a part of the Yoinozaka family. Her true ogre-like form is finally seen in Chapter 78 when she blasts away Matora into the sky.
- Please Don't Leave Me: Breaks down into tears when she hears that Rui might no longer be her editor.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: The most cheerful and upbeat of the girls at Yuragi Inn and coincidentally, the only one to have pink hair.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She has no problem stripping naked in front of Kogarashi.
- Shed the Family Name: Her birth name is Nonko Yoinozaka. She changed her surname to Arahabaki after she decided to quit the family business of Demon Slaying.
- Super Mode: When using her Oni powers, besides growing horns her hair turns white while her skin becomes darker.
- Super Strength: Part of the package of being an oni.
- The Tease: She's often seen teasing Kogarashi, such as when they're posing together as reference material for the manga that Nonko's writing.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: She was very serious and grumpy as a teenager in sharp contrast to the Hard-Drinking Party Girl she is in the present.
- Uneven Hybrid: Nonko is descended from infamous Oni Shutendoji. This manifests as Super Strength, an oni horn when she uses her power, and an inordinate fondness for alcohol.
- White Sheep: She's the only member of the Yoinozaka family who isn't a classist asshole, which is why she left the family name in the first place.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair to be exact.
A resident of Yuragi Inn. Sagiri is a demon-slaying ninja of the Ameno clan, as well as a student at Yukemuri High.
- Action Girl: Fights supernatural beings as a ninja.
- Can't Catch Up: She feels this way when Kogarashi and other members of the Battle Harem are all making some kind of progress while she isn't. Shakuhito even taunts her for it. However, her engagement arc concludes with Sagiri resolving to start advancing with her ninjutsu and her romantic pursuit of Kogarashi.
- D-Cup Distress: While Sagiri doesn't completely hate her chest size, she is bothered by the fact it seems to be increasing and the weight of her chest limits her speed during her missions. When Koyuzu turns her chest smaller to Hibari's size, Sagiri actually prefer this weight.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She's the most antagonistic towards Kogarashi when he first moves in to Yuragi Inn under the mistaken belief he's a pervert (with his frequent accidents doing nothing for his defense). She warms up to him over time and ends up falling in love with him.
- Demon Slaying: The ninja fighting style of the Ameno clan is specialized for slaying demons.
- Does Not Like Men: Having attended an all-girls school, her interactions with men are awkward at best because she has the preconception that All Men Are Perverts. She eventually warms up to Kogarashi, however.
- Doppelgänger Attack: She can make illusionary clones of herself in a fight.
- Full-Name Basis: She always refers to Kogarashi by his full name.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a four-point shuriken that holds her side-ponytail.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Prone to throwing her kunai at Kogarashi with minimal to no provocation.
- Highly Visible Ninja: She does use ninja weapons, but dresses normally and isn't sneaky in the slightest. Since she comes from a clan of Demon Slayers, they probably focused on fighting monsters and never specialized in stealth.
- I Am Not Pretty: She views herself as unattractive because she thinks there's no way a body trained for fighting can look good to men.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's got a very nasty attitude, is always quick to judge Kogarashi and has no tolerance for his Accidental Pervert moments. Despite all that, she's protective of her fellow residents of Yuragi Inn and eventually, she can be nice to Kogarashi too.
- Lethal Chef: Her cooking is so bad that just its smell causes people to pass out.
- Letting Her Hair Down: Seen for the first time without her side-ponytail for her date with Kogarashi.
- Love Confession: She accidentally confesses to Kogarashi when she is explaining her love for him to her grandmother. Unlike Yuuna, however, she doesn't back down, but yells that she genuinely loves him and wants to win his heart without the mission holding them back. However, due to the situation, Sagiri asks Kogarashi to not give her an answer until she won him over.
- Love Epiphany: Although she vehemently insisted to both herself and others that she was not falling in love with Kogarashi, she finally comes to terms with her feelings in Chapter 136, admitting to herself that she was in denial the entire time due to feeling too embarrassed and ashamed about it.
- Lust Object: She's lusted after by Nonko's brother Shakuhito.
- Marriage of Convenience: She agrees to an engagement with Nonko's brother Shakuhito because if she marries into the Yoinozaka clan, it will increase the power of the Ameno clan. After her fiancé turns out to be a condescending Jerkass, she decides to go against the plan.
- Meido: Took on the job for the Yukemuri High cultural festival's Maid Cafe.
- Muscle Angst: She thinks her body is too sturdy for a woman because of her ninja training.
- Ninja: She is one that is a demon slayer.
- No Social Skills: Her Flashback chapter shows her struggling to get used to the crazy antics of the Yuragi Inn, so she leaves to do a demon-slaying mission on her own. She gets used to Yuuna and Nonko after they arrive to support the mission.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: Initially, she was frequently the first to threaten Kogarashi after another Accidental Pervert moment. After warming up to him, however, she gradually realizes that they really are accidents, and stops threatening him. She is also well-aware of Oboro's frequent attempts to seduce Kogarashi.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears black tights with her school uniform, highlighting her formal and uptight personality as well as her insistence that everyone must act decent.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her side-ponytail reaches down to her hips.
- Scarf of Asskicking: She wears a long scarf around her neck when doing some Demon Slaying.
- Sensual Spandex: Her Instant Armor called Spiritual Battle Armor - a skintight bodysuit made of spiritual power.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Sagiri never shows much interest in guys because they are usually are afraid of her, and because she only cares about fulfilling her mission. The only person Sagiri ever shows interest in marrying is Kogarashi. Sagiri even sees him as the only guy fit to be her husband, both as a woman and as an Ameno member.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Sagiri's love for Kogarashi comes from his strong moral and his belief in Sagiri's abilities in the battlefield.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Often uses kunai.
- Strong Family Resemblance: According to Oboro, Sagiri has a face that's very similar to Hibari, which made it obvious for her that the two of them are family.
- Tomboy Angst: Sagiri believes her ninja training and violent personality have left her lacking in traditionally feminine traits, which is a major source of insecurity for her. She doesn't think cute dresses suit her and gets intimidated in the presence of the ideal Girly Girl Chisaki.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Has a long one that goes down one side of her head. It also helps that Sagiri comes with being a tomboyish Action Girl.
- Took a Level in Badass: After finally coming to term with her feelings for Kogarashi, Sagiri develops a new spiritual armor and is able to take out her ex-fiance who is the second strongest fighter during the fight as Kogarashi is still weak from his previous battle.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In early chapters, she throws her kunai at Kogarashi whenever he does something she finds to be inappropriate without giving him the chance to explain himself and she goes as far as trying to kick him out of Yuragi Inn. Sagiri slowly transitions towards being nicer when she begins interacting with Kogarashi. She even no longer blames him when they end up in embarrassingly erotic situations since she's able to piece together that other causes are to blame for what happened.
- Tsundere: A textbook example of a Harsh type. Sagiri has a bad temper, jumps into the wrong conclusions all the time and attacks Kogarashi whenever she thinks he's being a pervert. Once she realizes he's not the bad person she thought, Sagiri softens towards Kogarashi and can be nice to him from time to time. She's still too embarrassed to admit her feelings for him.
- Tsurime Eyes: She has the sharp eyes typically found in Tsundere girls.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple to be exact.
A Cat Girl resident of Yuragi Inn who is possessed by a cat god named Shiratama. Down the line, Yaya enrolls in Yukemuri High as a student one year younger than Kogarashi's class.
- Animorphism: She can shift from being human to a cat and everything in between.
- Cat Girl: She can manifest cat ears and a tail. Her powers are all cat related and she often acts like a cat, as well.
- Childhood Friends: With Nazuna, who she went to middle school with.
- Dance Battler: Dance battles against cat gods, such as a god named Aramaki.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 9. Kogarashi learns about Yaya sharing a body with a cat god named Shiratama, and he befriends the two of them by cooking grilled salmon that they both find to be delicious.
- Chapter 35. Kogarashi spends time with Yaya during the Fukuneko Matsuri festival where he watches Yaya dance for a group of cat gods.
- Chapter 61. During the Hiogi Estate arc, Yaya faces off against Suzutsuki with the help of all the cat gods she has befriended up to this point.
- Chapter 75. Yaya enters Yukemuri High as a new semester student a year below Kogarashi's class. She also befriends Shion, who ended up in the same class as her.
- Chapter 81. Yaya follows around and supports Kogarashi and Yuuna after an elder cat god puts the minds of the latter two into a pair of cats.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She's initially as harsh and intolerant towards Kogarashi as Sagiri is, even cooperating with the latter in trying to kick him out of the inn. After she discovers Kogarashi cooks delicious grilled fish, Yaya warms up to him and almost acts like his pet cat.
- Hates Being Touched: She hates to be touched without permission, especially when she's in full cat form.
- In the Hood: She sometimes wears a hoodie to hide her cat ears.
- The Quiet One: Compared to the rest of the members of the Inn, Yaya doesn't talk as much.
- Sempai/Kohai: Enters Yukemuri High a year below Kogarashi and his classmates, who treat Yaya as their kohai.
- Sharing a Body: With a cat god.
- Sleepyhead: Often is sleepy like a cat.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: As part of her cat-like personality, Yaya is generally cautious around people and doesn't show much emotion. When someone earns her trust (usually through food), she turns into an affectionate little kitty.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: The resident host of a cat god coincidentally has golden eyes.
- Tastes Like Friendship: She becomes attached to Kogarashi and Chisaki after eating their cooking.
- Third-Person Person: She often speaks this way.
- Through His Stomach: She became attached to Korgarashi and Chisaki after eating their cooking.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green to be precise.
A young tanuki girl. Koyuzu was controlling Chisaki's stuffed animals at the latter's home in order to observe Chisaki's figure so that her transformation skills would develop further. After being discovered by Kogarashi, Koyuzu became a resident of Yuragi Inn since she had no home to return to.
- A-Cup Angst: She is a bit sad that her human transformation has small breasts, and took to observing Chisaki in order to be able to develop ideally-sized breasts for her transformations.
- Ambiguously Gay: While it is hard to tell due to Koyuzu being a child, she does seem to be more obsessed with girls rather than guys like Kogarashi. Especially girls with big breasts. However, she did state she wants to know how to charm a man, but it might be purely for learning, and so that she could see Chisaki and Yuuna in sexy outfits.
- Arc Villain: Acted as such for Chisaki's introduction in chapters 5 to 6, though Koyuzu wasn't doing it out of evil intentions. When Kogarashi discovers her, Koyuzu was simply observing Chisaki by controlling the latter's stuffed animals, which Chisaki took as her room being haunted.
- Bokukko: She uses the boyish "boku" as a first-person pronoun.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 23.5, a short special that took place during Chisaki's visit to Yuragi Inn in chapter 17. Koyuzu practices her transformation powers on Yuuna and Chisaki in order to figure out what transformation will cause men to instantly fall in love.
- Chapter 31. Koyuzu spends her summer living at the Miyazaki household with Chisaki and her mother, Hiyori. The latter of which acts as a parental figure for Koyuzu.
- Chapter 50. Koyuzu transforms into Pokorun the Magical Girl in order to help the members of Yuragi Inn with their current troubles.
- Chapter 78. Koyuzu continues to improve her transformation abilities where she can now hide her animal features in human form for a couple minutes.
- Chapter 93. Koyuzu takes on Miria in a transformation duel where it's shown that the former can now make massive transformations. She befriends Miria in the end.
- Dirty Kid: She resembles a child, but is obsessed with large breasts, particularly Chisaki and her mother's.
- Easily Forgiven: Whenever her antics cause ecchi situations to ensue, she gets away with a light scolding.
- Freakiness Shame: Koyuzu is not very good at transformation, so she still has tanuki ears and tail in her humanoid form. She should be ashamed of this because she's at the age most tanuki have mastered transformation, but the fact that Chisaki and her mom Hiyori love her tanuki tail and ears and enjoy touching them makes Koyuzu happy.
- I Miss Mom: Shows signs of missing her mother when living at Chisaki's house, and comes to view Hiyori as a mother figure.
- Little Bit Beastly: She looks like a girl with tanuki ears and tail.
- Magical Girl: Transforms into one named Pokorun in Chapter 50.
- Shapeshifting: Can transform herself or forcibly transform others through the use of her leaves.
- Tanuki: What Koyuzu is. Her spirit body has the ears and tail of an animal, and she can transform herself and others into other people or objects.
- Token Mini-Moe: She soon becomes the second loli-type Youkai girl at Yuragi Inn.
The servant of the Ryuuga family. Born of the tail of the previous Black Dragon god, Oboro serves as Genshiro Ryuuga's assistant, bodyguard, and (relative) straight man. After Kogarashi rescued Yuuna and Sagiri from Genshiro, she becomes a resident of the Yuragi Inn in order to seduce Kogarashi to make a child with her since doing so would further strengthen the Ryuuga Clan.
- The Ageless: Her physical appearance apparently doesn't change with the years. When everyone at the Yuragi Inn were turned younger by Nadare, Oboro and Chitose were the only ones who only lost their memories, but they still look the same.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Played With. After witnessing Kogarashi's power, she becomes determined to have a child with him no matter what in order to strengthen the Ryuuga clan. Eventually, she falls in love with Kogarashi because of his noble personality and begins wishing for a deeper relationship than she did at the start.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: She can change her arms into blades.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her short hairstyle and general androgynous appearance are part of why Kogarashi didn't realize she was a girl at first.
- Character Development: Over time, Oboro slowly learns about love from all her research trying to get closer to Kogarashi. Chapter 83 has Oboro making it clear to Kogarashi that she now wants a genuine relationship rather than just using him to have powerful children.
- Contralto of Danger: She has a low-sounding that suits a serious warrior woman like her.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 22. After hearing previously the Kogarashi will only get into a serious relationship with the person he loves, Oboro spends time speaking with each member of the inn trying to understand how she can make Kogarashi fall for her.
- Chapters 36 and 37. Oboro spends time with Yuuna, Chisaki, and Koyuzu discussing what sort of person Kogarashi is interested in, and come to the conclusion that he might like idol girls. In the next chapter, Oboro goes to Yukemuri High at the start of the new semester as a temporary New Transfer Student in an attempt to get closer to Kogarashi.
- Chapter 65. Oboro observes a pretend date between Chisaki and Koyuzu transformed as Kogarashi in order to learn how she should act on her eventual first date.
- Chapter 83. Oboro competes with Karura for Kogarashi's love.
- Chapter 96 - 98. During the rematch between Kogarashi and Genshiro, Oboro comes to terms with the fact that she became someone that enjoys her new life at Yuragi Inn.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Oboro at first seems like an Emotionless Girl, until she starts trusting and confiding in the other residents of Yuragi Inn and their friends. She also opens up as she falls in love with Kogarashi instead of just wanting his baby. We finally see her smile at the end of Chapter 98.
- Dimensional Cutter: She can use her blade arms to create portals and teleport to other locations.
- Dope Slap: She smacks Ryuuga on the head to prevent him from digressing too far from important tasks.
- Eyepatch of Power: Has an eyepatch made from a tsuba (guard) that covers her left eye.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She's technically Genshiro's responsible sister since she was born from the tail of his father. Oboro always has the best interests of the Ryuuga clan in mind when selecting a bride or concubine for Genshiro, who on the other hand, only wants to get laid.
- For Happiness: Oboro eventually comes to wish everyone in Yuragi Inn can be happy and achieve love with Kogarashi. Her idea to accomplish this is a Marry Them All ending. She doesn't understand very well why the other girls of Kogarashi's harem are so against it since she believes it's better if she and all her friends could get a "happy ending" with Kogarashi instead of only one of them.
- Gender-Blender Name: Oboro is a unisex Japanese name, which is one of the reasons why her gender wasn't clear until she revealed herself as a woman to Kogarashi.
- Harem Seeker: Eventually, Oboro tries to convince the other girls of Kogarashi's harem that the best option for all of them to be happy is turning Yuragi Inn into a Shogun's harem for Kogarashi. This way, they all can marry Kogarashi and stay together as close friends. Oboro gets very disheartened when none of the girls, aside from Yuuna, even wants to consider her plan. Oboro can get that the only reason none of the girls want to share Kogarashi is a wish to monopolize the man they love, so Oboro theorizes the solution is for all the girls in the harem to also be lovers with each other. Unsurprisingly, Hibari is only more against Oboro's plan with that idea.
- HeelFace Turn: Oboro was basically Genshiro Ryuuga's second-in-command when she was first introduced helping him kidnap Yuuna. She goes off on her own to Yuragi Inn after she witnesses Kogarashi easily defeat Genshiro. Soon after, Oboro drops all animosity towards Kogarashi and company.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: It becomes clear that between Oboro and Genshiro, the former would act as a better leader for the Ryuuga family.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Because of her Boyish Short Hair and overall androgynous looks, Kogarashi and Sagiri mistook her for a guy at first.
- Love Confession: She confesses to Kogarashi that she's fallen in love with him in chapter 98. Kogarashi can't hear it, though, due to the speed she's moving at while confessing.
- The Mistress: She states being Kogarashi's mistress would be perfect for her since she only wants to get a child out of him. After hearing this, Chisaki freaks out.
- Mystical White Hair: Her white hair is one of the most obvious signs that she isn't human.
- New Transfer Student: Becomes a student in Yukemuri High in chapter 37 albeit only then.
- Purple Eyes: Her eyes are purple and a dragon god is her Truly Single Parent.
- Red Baron: She is also known as "God Blade Oboro".
- Rei Ayanami Expy: She has short white hair and Purple Eyes, wears an eyepatch, is introduced as the servant of a villain, was born from the tail of a dragon god, acts like an Emotionless Girl until she develops a Sugar-and-Ice Personality by falling in love, feels no shame in being seen naked and is one of the protagonist's love interests.
- Sarashi: She wears the chest wrap version in place of a bra.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Oboro has no qualms about being naked whatsoever.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Oboro has never been interested in guys and only started seducing Kogarashi to have powerful children. After falling for him, she does not want any other guys but Kogarashi.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: While Oboro only sought out Kogarashi for powerful children, she eventually ends up falling for Kogarashi for real when he defends her against Genshiro.
- The Stoic: She rarely shows any emotion in her face.
- Straight Man: She's in charge of giving Genshiro the Dope Slap whenever he's being a perverted idiot.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's aloof, serious and direct. She's also the girl who pursues Kogarashi the most aggressively.
- Tomboyish Voice: She speaks with a deep voice that can pass off as the one of a young boy, which contributes to her Bifauxnen image.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her eyes are as sharp and serious as her personality.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Kogarashi was shocked when he found out Oboro is a girl by seeing her cleavage, particularly because he doesn't hit women.
- When She Smiles: Oboro rarely ever shows a smile and is usually very stoic and straightforward, but after developing feelings for Kogarashi, she smiles for the first time in the series and the girls are amazed by it.
Sagiri's cousin in the Branch House. Hibari sees herself as Sagiri's rival, and ends up falling in love with Kogarashi at the Ninja Festival when he saved her from two spirit ability users that were trying to take advantage of her. She would later become a resident of the Yuragi Inn, as well as a transfer student into Yukemuri High, in order to get closer to Kogarashi.
- A-Cup Angst: She is, in her own words, "barely a C-Cup," which gives her feelings of inadequacy when comparing it to Sagiri's F-Cup. It gets worse when she meets Yuuna and Chisaki (whose bust sizes are only 1 cm smaller than Sagiri's), and especially Nanko and Hiyori (who are even bigger).
- Character Development: Hibari's confidence increases over the course of the manga, and ends up as one of the first girls to outright confess her love to Kogarashi.
- Doppelgänger Attack: She can make illusionary clones of herself. The clones can be made with different outfits.
- Family Theme Naming: Like her cousin Sagiri, Hibari's name also ends in -ri.
- Girlish Pigtails: She ties some of her hair into twintails because it makes her look cute.
- Hair Decorations: Wears pairs of kunai to tie up her twintails.
- Love Confession: The first girl from the inn to make a straightforward confession to Kogarashi, doing so at the end of Chapter 101. While he did regret her gently and it broke her heart, Hibari decided in the next chapter to still fight for his affection and one day win them.
- Love Confessor: She admits to Yuuna, Chisaki, and Sagiri that she's fallen for Kogarashi in Chapter 49.
- New Transfer Student: Becomes a student in Yukemuri High.
- Ninja: A demon slaying ninja that has a multiply ability.
- Rescue Romance: Her feelings for Kogarashi blossomed when he saved her from two male spirit ability users.
- The Resenter: Hibari is jealous of the fact that Sagiri is better at pretty much everything compared to her, which is why she goes so far to make Kogarashi hers knowing that Sagiri still hasn't gotten herself a boyfriend.
- The Rival: Sees herself as one to Sagiri, especially when it comes to being with Kogarashi. The latter becomes this for Hibari towards Yuuna and Chisaki after they all admit to one another that they've fallen for Kogarashi in Chapter 49.
- Romantic FakeReal Turn: Hibari at first used Kogarashi as a fake boyfriend to surpass Sagiri at something since she never had a boyfriend. Hibari eventually falls for Kogarashi because he continues to support her with her ruse for a long time and because he helps her out with training and school work without complaints.
- Sensual Spandex: Like Sagiri, she also knows how to use the Spiritual Battle Armor. Unfortunately, she isn't anywhere near as skilled at it as Sagiri, and it often omits the part where it's supposed to actually cover her body.
- Single-Target Sexuality: It seems like Hibari only shows interest in Kogarashi. Even though Kogarashi has rejected her, Hibari cannot get over it and is still in love with him.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Uses shuriken. Both as weapons and as generic hair decorations.
- Strong Family Resemblance: According to Oboro, Hibari has a face that's very similar to Sagiri, which made it obvious for her that the two of them are family.
- Third-Person Person: She often refers to herself in the third person. It's considered very childish for someone her age.
- Took a Level in Badass: While Hibari was not weak to begin with, she was less skilled than Sagiri in ninjutsu and wanted to be better than her. When a monster threatens to remove all memories of Kogarashi, Hibari develops a new spiritual armor that proves to make her far stronger than Sagiri and easily takes out the beast that was proven too strong for Sagiri.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark blue in her case.
The owner of Yuragi Inn who's off traveling the world collecting peculiar items that she sends back to the inn. Kogarashi and company end up stumbling across some of these items during their stay at the inn.
- Collector of the Strange: The Landlady's defining character trait is that she's a collector of weird items. Particularly ones that have the potential to have a perverted nature to them. Some of such items that the Landlady collected includes a Sugoroku Board (Chapter 45), a Wishing Star Card (Chapter 55), and Water Games (Chapter 106).
- Everyone Calls Her "Barkeep": Whenever she's brought up, people only ever dub her as the "landlady".
- The Ghost: She never appears despite being the overall owner of the Yuragi Inn. Instead, Kogarashi and company come across the odd things she's been collecting that get sent back to the inn.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: We have never seen the Landlady, but based on most of the items she had, The Landlady can come across as a bit of a lewd person with lewd activies.
- Walking the Earth: According to Nakai, the Landlady has been off exploring the world collecting any weird object she comes across, and has whatever she finds to be interesting enough sent back to Yuragi Inn.
Kogarashi's classmate in class 1-4. She had a supernatural problem and went to Kogarashi for help. She soon became friends with the residents of Yuragi Inn, particularly Yuuna (although she can't actually see Yuuna directly).
- Butt-Monkey: A recurring gag is that Chisaki ends up on the wrong end of many of the cast's supernatural problems, even when she's little more than a bystander.
- Buxom Is Better: Many agree her large rack is her best feature, particularly Kozuyu.
- Childhood Friends: With Kokono and Seri.
- Covert Pervert: While she's probably the nicest girl in the cast and outwardly shy and demure, she's easily the most purposefully lustful towards Kogarashi. Although in the beginning she simply blushes in his presence, it later becomes quite clear that she wants Kogarashi bad. Chisaki's sex fantasies with Kogarashi become so erotic over time that it makes even Oboro's constant advances toward him look like childs play in comparison (particularly given that Oboro's interest in Kogarashi is largely due to a desire to produce powerful children). It gets to the point she has to actually seek professional help to tame her sexual urges towards him. Not only does it not work, it backfires as one would expect.
- D-Cup Distress: She doesn't like having big breasts because of all the unwanted attention they attract.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She's the most stereotypically girly girl in Kogarashi's harem and also happens to be the best cook among them. Sagiri calls her a monster of femininity because of this.
- Girl Next Door: While they were never neighbors or childhood friends, Chisaki has the personality of this trope as she is a Nice Girl, and after getting to know Kogarashi, she tries everything she can to be supportive of him and be there for him. It also helps that Chisaki is the most normal one of the main cast.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has a large collection of stuffed animals, many of them named. Her introductory arc has her involved with a spirit that has been animating them.
- Hair Decorations: Has a clip on her bang.
- Hidden Depths: Based around her dream in Chapter 85, Chisaki has a subconscious desire to be an exhibitionist.
- I See Dead People: After being possessed by Koyuzu, Chisaki gains the ability to see spirits, including Yuuna.
- Joshikousei: The school-girl of Kogarashi's harem.
- Love Confessor: She admits to Yuuna, Sagiri, and Hibari and she's fallen for Kogarashi in Chapter 49.
- Meganekko: In her younger years, Chisaki dressed herself up as one in an attempt to hide her beautiful appearance from the gaze of her male classmates.
- Muggle: The only main character who's a perfectly ordinary human.
- Nice Girl: Despite all the weird (and perverted) things that happen around her, she's still pretty nice and friendly.
- Powers via Possession:
- After being possessed by Koyuzu, Chisaki gains spirit senses that allow her to see spirits and her strength increases as a bonus. Sadly, she has no control over her strength yet.
- Letting Yuuna possess her body increases her powers to the point she can one-shot a perverted spirit.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She's humiliated in front of her love interest on a regular basis by ending up completely naked.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She forms this sort of relationship with Yuuna.
- Samaritan Relationship Starter: When she stays in Kogarashi's room for a night, he doesn't lay a finger on her or Yuuna despite them laying half-naked right in front of him. Then, Oboro literally gets naked on top on him and he politely refuses to have sex with her because he isn't in love with her. This all perplexes Chisaki who was told by her mother All Men Are Perverts and furthers the development of her crush on him.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Despite having many guys showing interest in her and confessing their feelings, Chisaki only has eyes for Kogarashi.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Chisaki feelings for Kogarashi comes from his desire to help her despite being rude to him when they first met and contiuned to help her despite the trouble it would bring at times.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It becomes quite clear that Chisaki got her looks from her mother, Hiyori.
- Supreme Chef: When Chisaki tried cooking for the Yuragi Inn members when she first appeared, they were all blown away by her cooking due to her mixing Italian and Japanese food. The food was so good that she easily tamed Yaya.
- Tarnishing Their Own Beauty: In her younger years, Chisaki wore glasses, tied her hair in two low bunches, and concealed her large breasts to look plain and avoid the perverted gazes of her male classmates.
- The Team Normal: Chisaki is easily the most normal person when it comes to the girls in Kogarashi's harem.
- What You Are in the Dark: Chisaki gets trapped in a dream that shows her a possible future where she becomes Kogarashi's girlfriend and he proposes to her. She realizes the key event to reaching this future is Kogarashi losing his spiritual powers and Yuuna passing on afterwards. After contemplating the option of letting Kogarashi lose his powers so she can have her Golden Ending, Chisaki decides against it because in that future she won because Yuuna was gone and the other girls were too busy fighting in a war, which left Chisaki as Kogarashi's only viable option. Chisaki states she doesn't want a future with Kogarashi which she didn't earn herself.
- Willing Channeler:
- Chisaki lets Koyuzu possess her body for a while as they are on the run from Ouga.
- In a much shorter occurrence, Chisaki allows Yuuna to possess her body to stop an evil perverted spirit in Chapter 132.
- Wins by Doing Absolutely Nothing: A prophetic dream shows that, provided she does nothing but what she's been doing already, she becomes the de facto love interest of Kogarashi because everyone else bowed out (i.e. Yuuna passes on, everyone is rejected and they part ways with Kogarashi for years).
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Not only is Chisaki Japanese, but she is a kind girl who can cook, clean, and look out for other people. Many even consider her as the ultimate woman.
Kogarashi's classmate and best male friend in class 1-4. Satoshi has the distinction of being the only other known male that hangs out with the core group.
- Bromantic Foil: He loves the fact that he's friends with the harem lead Kogarashi since it means that he gets to hang around with nothing but beautiful girls. Too bad for him that the kind of manga this is means that all the girls are going to fall for Kogarashi and ignore him.
- Butt-Monkey: Ends up in this role during the Yuragi Inn Halloween party in chapter 39. He gets tied up by Nonko to look like a mummy, and then gets beaten up by the rest of the girls when they find out he tried to trick Koyuzu into transforming everyone naked. During another failed plan, he gets transformed into a soap bottle that gets left inside the bathroom cabinet until the next day. Later on, Chapter 79 has him as the hero of a cursed video-game, but he ends up getting captured right away.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He occasionally gets jealous at Kogarashi when it comes to the latter's interactions with the girls.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 79. Satoshi invites Kogarashi, Yuuna, and Hibari to play in a cursed video-game world. He ends up as the game's main hero character, but due to his Butt-Monkey status, Satoshi ends up getting captured.
- Mr. Exposition: Often explains things to Kogarashi about schoolmates since he just moved there.
- Ship Tease: He's often seen alongside and interacting with his fellow classmate, Seri. One could argue that the two of them are the closest thing this series has to a Beta Couple outside of Kogarashi's harem.
Sagiri's classmate in class 1-3 and her Mission Control in the demon slaying ninja army.
- A-Cup Angst: While she's not that badly endowed, Urara would still prefer to have Sagiri's much larger breasts compared to her own.
- Alliterative Name: Urara Urakata
- Cute Little Fangs: They sometimes appear when she is being mischievous.
- Fortune Teller: Uses her spiritual powers to work as a fortune teller during the Yukemuri High culture festival. She foresees correctly that Kogarashi worries about his debt while Hibari wishes for her breasts to grow.
- The Gadfly: Enjoys being mischievous around her friends while teasing them at any chance she gets.
- Idiot Hair: Has that one hair strand that sticks up above her head.
- Mission Control: For Sagiri in the demon slaying ninja army, and later Hibari.
- Ninja: Works in the same demon slaying ninja army as Sagiri. The only difference is Urara acts as the Mission Control.
- Shipper on Deck: Seeing Sagiri interacting with Kogarashi is enough for Urara to leave the two alone together.
- Summon Magic: She can control Shikigami.
- Wingding Eyes: Her eyes show dollar signs when she's thinking about earning money.
A classmate in class 1-4, and friend of Chisaki. Seri tends to hang out with the group that surrounds Kogarashi, and is often seen alongside Satoshi.
- Childhood Friends: With Chisaki.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She's sometimes seen getting angry towards Satoshi when he attempts to interact or flirt with other girls.
- Former Teen Rebel: She was a Japanese Delinquent in her old middle school, Sengoku Middle School. When she transferred in her third year to the middle school of Chisaki and Satoshi, she stopped being one when she befriended Chisaki.
- Japanese Delinquent: Used to be one in middle school. Her tough-acting delinquent persona still comes out from time to time in the current day.
- The Leader: She was the top dog back at Sengoku Middle School, which is said to be a school that's famous for the amount of delinquents it has.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Seri's defining character feature is her long black hair.
- Megaton Punch: Uppercuts Satoshi when he's lying about not looking at Chisaki while the top of her swimsuit's been pulled off.
- Shipper on Deck: Knows full-well that Chisaki has feelings for Kogarashi.
- Ship Tease: She's often seen alongside and interacting with her fellow classmate, Satoshi. One could argue that the two of them are the closest thing this series has to a Beta Couple outside of Kogarashi's harem.
Ashida and Besshou
A pair of male students who go on the school sea-side trip with Kogarashi and company.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: They refuse to believe that Kogarashi is a psychic. However, they change their attitude, and apologize to him, after witnessing Kogarashi take on the evil spirit they accidentally released.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The two spend the sea-side trip jealous at the sight of Kogarashi hanging out with the school's most beautiful girls.
- Hopeless Suitor: They always think about trying to get with Chisaki, but their chances are non-existent.
- Prima Donna Director: During the Yukemuri High cultural festival, Besshou turns out to be someone that takes the role as the director of the school play really seriously.
- Those Two Guys: Two jealous male students that appear in Chapters 24 to 26 during the sea-side trip. They've made brief appearances since then.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Out of jealous rage, Ashida decides to kick a spiritual stone seal during the Competition of Courage course, which causes an evil spirit to be released.
A former delinquent who admires Seri, and becomes Yaya's classmate when they enter high school.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapters 74 and 75. As newly introduced character, Shion seeks out help from Chisaki to get a high-school makeover in order to put her middle-school past as a former Japanese Delinquent behind her. In the next chapter, Shion spends her first day at Yukemuri High trying to befriend others that are afraid of her due to her history as a delinquent, and manages to befriend Yaya who ended up in the same class as her.
- Chapter 78. Shion visits the Yuragi Inn in order to see Chisaki's competition for Kogarashi. However, she learns that the competition is fierce due to the many women surrounding Kogarashi, as well as how the inn is subject to many erotic events.
- Chapter 91. Shion invites Kogarashi and Chisaki along to a "lovey stream climbing" course in an attempt to help the latter two become a couple.
- Determinator: In an attempt to thank Chisaki for her high-school makeover, Shion goes about trying to support Chisaki ending up in a relationship with Kogarashi.
- Dynamic Entry: Provides a kick to Azusa (the girl that was the #2 middle-school delinquent) in the head when she was threatening two of Shion's friends.
- Face of a Thug: Her attempts at making friends fail at first because of her intimidating gaze. After helping Yaya save a cat, her classmates realize she was just trying to be friendly.
- Former Teen Rebel: Knowing that Seri was able to shed her delinquent persona thanks to becoming friends with Chisaki, Shion seeks her out as well hoping that Chisaki will do the same. They manage to give Shion a complete makeover, but Shion's delinquent persona still shows throw a lot.
- Idiot Hair: Has a rather prominent one after Chisaki provides her a makeover. She also had a pompadour hair-style during her initial introduction when she was showing off her middle-school delinquent appearance.
- Japanese Delinquent: Used to be one in middle school. Her introduction chapters when she enters Yukemuri High has her trying to make a high-school makeover in order to impress her new schoolmates.
- The Leader: Like Seri, Shion was a delinquent boss in middle school.
- Sempai/Kohai: She's a year younger than Kogarashi and Chisaki. She also looks up to Seri given that they've both been delinquent bosses.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: While at first she looked intimidating, after being given a new style for high school, she shows how pretty she really is.
- Shipper on Deck: Shion hears from Seri that Chisaki has feelings for Kogarashi. In return for giving her a high-school makeover, Shion tries to support the two becoming a couple.
- Threesome Subtext: Shion is forever thankful to Chisaki for helping the former with her high-school makeover, but Shion's also seen developing feelings for Kogarashi since he's helped her out on several occasions. She even pretty much states it in Chapter 91 that she likes them both.
Yaya's friend from middle-school. The two end up together in the same class as Shion when they enter Yukemuri High.
- Butt-Monkey: Was subject to one of the 7 Yukemuri High mysteries where a staircase filled with spiritual energy caused her skirt to flip up so that the guys behind her could see her panties. The event leads to Kogarashi and company to the staircase in order to solve the mystery.
- Childhood Friends: With Yaya. The two often ended up in the same class together during middle school.
- Eyes Always Shut: Never seen with her eyes open.
- Nice Girl: Gets along well with Yaya and her friends. She was scared of Shion at first knowing that the latter was once a Japanese Delinquent, but Nazuna befriends her after witnessing Shion save a cat from a tree.
- Sempai/Kohai: Along with Yaya and Shion, the three of them serve as the underclassmen that Kogarashi's upper class look after.
The new homeroom teacher of class 2-4 that Kogarashi, Chisaki and Hibari attend after they became second years.
- Blessed with Suck: Being a half-succubus, she can control dreams and could make any man she wants fall for her. However, her succubus powers are way too strong and she can't control them without special contact lens to suppress them. As a result, she and those affected by her powers end up in very embarrassing erotic situations.
- Blinding Bangs: Her hair covers her eyes to hide her Exotic Eye Designs.
- Covert Pervert: She's nearly as prone to having Erotic Dreams about Kogarashi as Chisaki. The illusions she creates also suggest she has a repressed desire to be a Dominatrix.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 76. Kogarashi learns that his new class 2-4 teacher is actually a succubus after Yumesaki unintentionally puts a demon curse upon him that allowed for Kogarashi to see through women's clothes.
- Chapter 95 delves a bit into her past about why she doesn't use her succubus powers since it caused trouble for her male classmates.
- Dream Weaver: As a half-succubus, she manipulate dreams onto herself and onto others. The downside is her lack of control can potentially make her target see themselves and everyone else naked. She has better control over this ability when using a computer or laptop.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Yumesaki doesn't start getting focused on until Chapter 75. However, she appears early on in Chapter 26 as the teacher that was watching over the girls dormitory during the sea-side trip.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Her pupils are flower-shaped.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's a half-demon with succubus blood.
- Hidden Buxom: She's actually quite packed beneath her clothes.
- Horned Humanoid: In her succubus form, she has goat-like horns.
- Horny Devils: Despite her human form, she's actually partially a succubus demon. Though she doesn't exactly come with the "horny" part of the description due to being a Shrinking Violet. You see her true succubus form in Chapter 76 when she tries to reverse the eye curse that she unintentionally put on Kogarashi.
- Hot for Student: She's one of the many girls who fall for Kogarashi and she's also his homeroom teacher.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Her erotic succubus powers have always kept her from having a normal life and have created many embarrassing situations for herself and others. At one point, she agrees to letting an incubus use hypnosis to suppress her powers so she can live without worrying about her powers causing embarrassments.
- Important Hair Accessory: At the end of chapter 186, to go with her newfound confidence, she now uses a hair-clip that exposes one of her eyes, and she no longer needs her power-suppressing contact lens.
- Peek-a-Bangs: In her succubus form, her hair only covers her left eye, leaving her right eye visible. After becoming more confident about her control over her powers, she leaves her right eye uncovered in her human form too.
- Pointy Ears: She has long, pointed ears as a succubus.
- Power Incontinence: When she was young, her succubus powers made several people lose control, until she was given her special contact lens. Turns out she had been trained by her mother to control her powers since childhood, but because of her anxiety and lack of self-confidence, she ended up relying completely on the contact lens.
- Power Limiter: She wears some special contacts to suppress her powers.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She wears normal clothing in her human form, but her clothes transform into something much more revealing and erotic in succubus form, which she hates.
- Repetitive Name: Both her given name and surname have the kanji for "dream".
- Sensei-chan: She's not that different in looks and personality from her students.
- Shrinking Violet: She's rather shy and nervous because she was taught to avoid eye contact so her succubus powers wouldn't affect those around her.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Her hair is blue and she's very timid for a teacher.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue hair.
Nonko's chief editor.
- A-Cup Angst: Her breasts aren't that small, but she would like to know what it feels like to have large breasts like Nonko's that float atop the water.
- Ascended Fangirl: As a kid, Rui was a huge fan reader of Nonko's work. She manages to work her way up to becoming Nonko's editor.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Occasionally Nonko makes her struggle with delivery dates.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She has trouble informing Nonko about the transfer, but finally reveals it when Nonko informs her that she can tell that something's been bothering Rui.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Rui doesn't come anywhere close to drinking as much as Nonko, and results in her throwing up.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 66. Delves into the mangaka-editor friendship that Rui shares with Nonko. Rui spends what she believes to be her last day working as Nonko's editor before transferring to a new mangaka. In the end, the transfer doesn't go through.
- Luminescent Blush: While drunk, Rui's blush intensifies when Nonko informs her that a guy she wants to be with should be similar to the way Rui acts.
- Office Lady: A nicely dressed one working for Monthly Girl's Marmalade editing department.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair often covers her right eye.
Chisaki's mother who serves as a Parental Substitute for Koyuzu.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Contrary to her looks, she's 36 with a 15-16 year old daughter.
- Buxom Is Better: She's even bigger than her daughter, to Koyuzu's delight.
- Cuteness Proximity: Loves taking care of Koyuzu because she finds the tanuki spirit to be cute.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 31. Basically an introduction chapter for Chisaki's mother showing off Hiyori taking care of her daughter and Koyuzu at her home. She also proves herself to be a Parental Substitute for Koyuzu.
- Happily Married: Mr. Miyazaki is said to be overseas on a business trip, but a family picture shows Hiyori happily posing with her husband and daughter. Hiyori even mentions that just like her, her husband will love the fact that Koyuzu has been living with them.
- Nice Girl: She happily takes care of Koyuzu, despite the tanuki being a Dirty Kid, when the latter stayed over at the Miyazaki household for the summer.
- Parental Substitute: Serves as one for Koyuzu. Hiyori loves the fact that she's taking care of a cute tanuki, and doesn't mind taking care of Koyuzu as if the spirit was her own daughter.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks like a slightly older Chisaki with longer hair.
- Wingding Eyes: Hearts appear in her eyes when she's playing with Koyuzu's cute animal features.
A monk priest from the demon slaying Gudon Mass organization. Sekkan only appears at the start of the series when he tried to exorcise Yuuna to the afterlife.
- Badass Preacher: A priest that performs exorcisms.
- Grudging "Thank You": He drops his beef with Yuragi Inn after being hit by Chitose's luck magic. Basically, he suddenly gets a phone-call from his son apologizing for something he did that was wrong, and wishes for his father to stop being a priest, and return home.
- The Leader: Came back to Yuragi Inn in chapter 2 leading a large group of monks.
- No Name Given: The anime is actually what provides him a name as Master Sekkan. He went nameless in the manga only ever referred to as a monk from Gudon Mass.
- Starter Villain: For chapters 1-2. While he's not a total villain, he appears at Yuragi Inn to try to exorcise Yunna. After his first attempt fails when Kogarashi drives him away the first time, he returns the next chapter with an army of monks from Gudon Mass.
- Tears of Joy: Departs with his fellow monks. All of which are crying in happiness after receiving good luck from Chitose.
- Weapon of Choice: Uses a Magic Staff to perform his exorcisms.
A Fortune Teller that Kogarashi and Yuuna meet while they're out on their pretend date. Ryuuzen uses her spiritual powers to look into Yuuna's past in order to figure out why the latter still hasn't passed on to the afterlife.
- The Bus Came Back: Reappears during the Yukemori trip to Kyoto, showing Chisaki a possible future.
- Crystal Ball: Uses one combined with her Magical Eye to perform her work as a Fortune Teller. The crystal ball also appears to be possessed by a shikigami she calls "Nous," which can even talk back to Ryuuzen.
- Fortune Teller: Her profession. Ryuuzen claims that while she's still technically in training, she's been around every part of the world.
- Magical Eye: Shows that she has the power of Laplace's Demon Eye, which allows her to see everything about the current world. However, her mind can't process all the information provided by her eye. As a result, she uses a Crystal Ball to show video footage of the person she's focusing her fortune telling on.
The principal of a middle school. He knew Chitose when he was just a child.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: When he was a kid, he asked Chitose to marry him when he grew up. He probably gave up on it when he realized Chitose will never look older than thirteen.
- MayflyDecember Friendship: He played at Yuragi Inn when he was a kid and befriended the Zashiki-warashi Chitose there. Now, he's an old man while Chitose still looks like a kid. He lets her attend to his middle school despite knowing her real age.
- Secret Keeper: He knows Chitose isn't an ordinary girl and that she's too old to be attending middle school, but he keeps quiet about it so she can enjoy being a schoolgirl for once.
The cold, and strict, student council president of Rafine Girls Academy. Renge turns out to be a much different person than the school students initially viewed her to be, and was the one who accidentally released an evil spirit upon the academy.
- Adapted Out: Her mini-arc was skipped in the anime.
- Almost Kiss: Almost kisses Kogarashi when she's possessed by the spirit animal, but is stopped by Yuuna at the last second when the latter manages to push the spirit out of Renge.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Subverted. Renge appears to embody the trope, being a standoffish and stern Raven Hair, Ivory Skin beauty with Rapunzel Hair who is greatly admired by the girls of her school. When in private with Kogarashi, it's revealed she's a regular teenage girl hiding behind a cold façade to live up to the expectations of everyone.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Still refuses to believe in ghost or psychics even after she sees the things floating that Yuuna is holding.
- Beneath the Mask: She acts like a cold Alpha Bitch during her introduction, but when Kogarashi and Renge explore the academy at night for the evil spirit, she begins to show more cute emotions, such as getting scared or embarrassed easily, and being interested in the opposite sex despite being the head student of an all-girls school.
- Covert Pervert: She pretends to be a proper and strict man-hater to give a good impression to the girls of her school. The truth is that she's very interested in boys and the first thing she does when a goat spirit possesses her is trying to seduce Kogarashi.
- Demonic Possession: Gets possessed by the animal spirit she summoned through the Spiritism ritual that was previously possessing an old lady who patrols the school. As a result, Renge lets out all the emotions that she had bottled up.
- Easily Forgiven: Kokono easily forgives Renge for setting an evil spirit lose in the academy, and for the fact that Renge's been hiding who she truly is as a character from all the students.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Appears to be a violin player.
- Even the Girls Want Her: As expected of the beautiful, and incredibly skilled, student council president of an all-girls school. Kokono is pretty much gushing over her when she's describing Renge to Kogarashi and Yuuna.
- Heroic BSoD: Has one when she blames herself for the mess she caused, but is quickly brought out of it when Kogarashi explains to her that she just needs to let herself out easier when she's around her friends, and that he was actually happier hanging out with her true character rather than the extremely strict and cold limited one he was introduced to.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for causing the evil spirit mess, and believes that it will ruin her image that Kokono and the rest of the academy students have come to view her as.
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction after Kogarashi explains that the reason the evil spirit has remained in the academy is because the person who performed the Spiritism ritual didn't send the spirit back properly.
- Ojou: She's the heiress of the influential Shiratsuyu group, which is why she tries so hard to keep up a sophisticated persona in front of her peers. Renge is basically treated as a high-class princess by all the females of Rafine Girls Academy.
- One-Shot Character: Only appears in the 2-part chapters 20 and 21 when Kogarashi and Yuuna go to Rafine Girls Academy to dispose of an evil spirit there. The arc itself is dedicated to Renge, and chapter 21 is even named after her.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has hip-length hair, which is perfect for a refined Ojou.
- The Reveal: After getting possessed, Renge reveals herself to be the one that performed the Spiritism ritual that brought an evil animal spirit into the academy.
- Slave to PR: Being the daughter of a very well-known family, Renge feels pressured to maintain the prestigious and refined Ojou image she has built in her school.
- Student Council President: The head of Rafine Girls Academy's student council.
Chisaki's childhood friend, and the student council's secretary of the Rafine Girls Academy. Kokono seeks out Kogarashi to dispose of an evil spirit that has appeared recently at the academy.
- Childhood Friends: With Chisaki, which is the connection that brought Kogarashi and Yuuna to the Rafine Girls Academy.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Shows a bit of her dark side after learning about Renge's true self. Kokono warns Renge that she will not acknowledge the president being with a man if he isn't an excellent person.
- Crush Blush: When talking about Renge.
- One-Shot Character: Only appears in the 2-part chapters 20 and 21 when Kogarashi and Yuuna go to Rafine Girls Academy to dispose of an evil spirit there.
- Number Two: The secretary to the council president, Renge.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: While it's completely one-sided, Kokono has it bad for Renge.
The Black Dragon god of Shinano Dragon Grace Lake. The son of the previous Black Dragon god, Genshiro is first seen in the human world seeking women with great spiritual energy to take as wives. One of which ends up being Yuuna.
- Abduction Is Love: His idea of choosing a wife and concubines is to literally pick up any pretty girl he sees on the street and take her to his castle.
- Ambiguously Brown: It's assumed that his humanoid form is dark-skinned only because he's a black dragon.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Tries to force a marriage upon any woman he comes across, such as Yuuna.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Oboro. They're siblings in a sense given that Oboro was born from the tail of his father. He's constantly making her run out of patience with his idiotic and perverted antics.
- Arc Villain:
- For chapters 13 to 16. Genshiro tries to force Yuuna to become his wife, which forces Kogarashi and the Yuragi Inn girls to attack his fortress at Shinano Dragon Grace Lake to get Yuuna back. He stops aiming for Yuuna after Kogarashi and company stage an event that made it look like Genshiro's actions allowed for Yuuna to pass on to the afterlife.
- Happens again when he forces a rematch against Kogarashi in chapters 96 to 98. Although this time around, he was acting along just to make it clear to his family retainers that he's still no match against the descendant of the Yatahagane.
- Big Little Brother: Oboro was born from his father's tail before his mother gave birth to him, making her technically his older sister. This is a bit surprising given that Oboro looks notably younger than him.
- The Bus Came Back: He pretty much disappears after his arc is done with. A brief cameo shows Genshiro training at his lake fortress while Oboro went off to live at Yuragi Inn to try to seduce Kogarashi. He did return in Chapter 96 to challenge Kogarashi once more.
- Casanova Wannabe: He tries real hard to make any woman he comes across his concubines, but all he ends up doing is freaking them out.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He's defeated by Kogarashi in one punch.
- Dumb Muscle: Despite his strength, Genshiro is a pretty big idiot to the point of Oboro needing to direct him on the right path instead of always getting distracted trying to make random women his concubines.
- Flowery Elizabethan English: Genshiro sometimes uses Shakespeare talk. He tries to use it to impress Yuuna when he's introducing himself to her.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to Oboro's responsible. While Oboro is seriously focused on finding suitable brides to give birth to strong Ryuuga successors, Genshiro only wants a cute bride and concubines he can bang.
- Harem Seeker: He has no qualms about taking concubines.
- The Leader: Leads the Ryuuga Clan, which appears to be a group of fish people.
- Love at First Sight: Finds Yuuna to be cute upon seeing her for the first time, and begins hitting on her moments after.
- Mad Love: Yuuna tells him over and over that she isn't in love with him and doesn't want to marry him. Genshiro brushes it off as her being Tsundere.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He is a dragon god.
- Prince Charming Wannabe: He's under the delusion that every girl in the world is crazy about him and wants to be part of his harem when they actually just try to run away from him.
- Sleep-Mode Size: After being beaten by Kogarashi, Ryuuga shrunk down to a child-like appearance. It took him a long time to return back to normal and challenge Kogarashi once again.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ryuuga was already powerful before fighting Kogarashi, but after his intense training, Ryuuga grew to be strong enough to handle Kogarashi for a while before being beaten.
Demon Slaying Ninja Village
Sagiri's and Hibari's grandmother who lives at the Ameno household in the Demon Slaying Ninja Village.
- Cool Old Lady: Watches over Sagiri and Hibari, and has no issue pairing off both her granddaughters to the same man.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a type of shuriken holder that keeps her hair tied up in a bun.
- I Want Grandkids: She wants either her granddaughters to produce great-grandchildren.
- I Was Quite a Looker: According to Hibari, Shigure goes around claiming to others that she was quite the bombshell back in the day.
- Kimono Is Traditional: Shigure is always seen dressed up in a kimono.
- Miniature Senior Citizen: She's quite short compared to other characters in the series.
- The Plan: She hopes to pair up Sagiri and Hibari with Kogarashi so that she can finally be blessed with grandchildren.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Sagiri and Hibari with Kogarashi after witnessing how far he will go to keep his fake boyfriend promise with Hibari.
- The Watcher: She can be seen watching the events surrounding Hibari and Kogarashi from afar.
A Tengu girl who is after Kogarashi. Karura claims that it was because he was her father's enemy, but in reality, she is in love with him, and results in her trying to force a marriage with him against his will. After the wedding ceremony falls apart, Karura changes her ways to get closer to Kogarashi the normal way, and goes about befriending the rest of Yuragi Inn.
- Adorkable: Despite being the leader of a criminal clan of Tengu, Karura at heart is a teenage girl in love and is very awkward around Kogarashi when he isn't a doll.
- Almost Kiss: Was moments from kissing Kogarashi before being stopped by Yuuna's paranormal activity, which lifted the binding shirishiki curse off him.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Tries to force Kogarashi to marry her during the Hiogi Estate arc.
- Arc Villain: Karura was basically the main antagonist of Chapters 57 to 64 where she took Kogarashi captive, tried to force him to marry her, and resulted in the girls of the Yuragi Inn attacking the Hiogi Estate to try to get Kogarashi back. She stops being antagonistic to the members of Yuragi Inn after Kogarashi dumps her, but still treats her with respect, which causes her to remain in love with him.
- Beneath the Mask: When she's acting as boss of the Hiogi Estate, she plays her part as the powerful leader that looks down on her subordinates. However, she's actually a more girly Stalker with a Crush that has fallen hard for Kogarashi.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Zig-zagged. Karura doesn't mind giving him erotic gifts to Kogarashi and bathing with him as a doll, but trying to be close to Kogarashi as a real person causes her to blush and walk away. It doesn't help when she imagines doing what she was doing to Kogarashi if he was in his normal form. However, Karura will act bold when a woman is trying to seduce him, for example Oboro.
- Childhood Friends: With Matora.
- Combat Hand Fan: Seen using a handheld fan, even in combat.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Chapter 71. Karura becomes a waitress at one of the restaurants that Kogarashi works at in order to start a genuine bond with him.
- Chapter 83. Karura competes with Oboro for Kogarashi's love.
- Chapter 86. Thanks to Matora, Karura gets to spend the day at a hot spring with Kogarashi.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After Kogarashi escapes from her arranged marriage plan, while refusing to give up, she becomes more friendly with the Yuragi inn's inhabitants.
- Determinator: Karura was originally determined to force Kogarashi into marrying her during her Story Arc introduction. After her HeelFace Turn, she becomes determined to start a genuine relationship with him.
- Easily Forgiven: Downplayed. While the girls and Kogarashi are sometimes troubled by Karura's presence due to her actions, they don't seem to fully hate her and don't make the effort to stop her from coming.
- Hair Decorations: Has two hairbands that tie up parts of her hair to give Karura two frontal pigtails.
- HeelFace Turn: After the marriage she tries to force on Kogarashi falls apart, Karura goes about changing her ways to try to get close to him the normal way, and also goes about befriending the rest of the members of Yuragi Inn instead of remaining antagonistic with them.
- Hellish Pupils: She has slitted pupils like a cat, possibly because she's a Tengu.
- Hime Cut: Her hairstyle consisting of parted blunt bangs, cheek-length sidelocks, and classic length straight hair emphasizes her position as the daughter of the head of the influential Tengu clan.
- Modesty Shorts: She wears shorts underneath her uniform.
- Oh, Crap!: The moment she realizes that she let it slip to the rest of her subordinates through her mind that she's in love with Kogarashi.
- Ojou: Comes from a very influential Tengu clan, and is treated as such.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches past her hips.
- Saying Too Much: After her wedding ceremony devolves into chaos due to Yuuna's actions, Karura lets it slip in her mind that she fell in love with Kogarashi, which was heard by the rest of the Hiogi Estate subordinates in their minds. However, Kogarashi protects her actions from her subordinate's suspicions by acting out like he's dumping her.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Karura is purely Kogarashi-sexual and obsessed with him to the point of being a Stalker with a Crush.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Fitting considering she was the Big Bad in one arc, Karura's desire for Kogarashi came from how powerful and cool he was a few years ago. But soon started falling for Kogarashi from how nice he was to her despite her forcing him to marry her.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Karura is the most lovesick out of anyone in the Kogarashi's harem. Whenever she sees Kogarashi, she goes all gooey, complete with hearts in her eyes.
- Stalker with a Crush: Karura was too shy and scared to talk to Kogarashi when coming face-to-face with him and preferred watching him from afar for years. That was until Kogarashi's relationship with the Yuragi Inn member had increased to the point that Karura stepped in to stop it. Even Kogarashi called her a stalker.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: To signify she's a Tengu.
- Telepathy: Rediscovered the lost Tengu technique Mind Awareness.
- Tengu: The type of Youkai that Karura is, which is made obvious by her black crow-like wings and golden eyes.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her upward turned eyes denote her direct and assertive pursuit of Kogarashi.
- Winged Humanoid: As a Tengu, she can sprout avian wings at will.
A battle-hungry Nue girl who's a supporter of the Hiogi family, which makes her a close friend of Karura. Matora starts off as an enemy who supported Karura's forced marriage attempt, but like Karura, she winds up befriending the residents of Yuragi Inn after the wedding ceremony falls apart. As someone who loves to fight, Matora is usually seen trying to motivate Nonko to take on an Oni in a serious duel.
- Action Girl: She's quite a fighter. The Hiogi Estate arc has her taking on Oboro, Nonko, Hibari, and Sagiri all in close-combat.
- Alliterative Name: Matora Mikogami
- Buxom Is Better: Only behind Nonko as the largest breasts in the series, which Matora even attempts to compete over given that she views Nonko as a Worthy Opponent.
- Blood Knight: Really loves fighting. Knowing that Nonko is a powerful Oni of the Yoinozaka Clan, Matora desires to have a great fight with her.
- Boobs of Steel: Has a huge rack and is probably the strongest physical fighter after Kogarashi and Nonko.
- Childhood Friends: With Karura.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Has tanned skin and blonde hair.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 86. In order to get on Nonka's good side so that they can become sparring partners, Matora baits the Oni to relax at a hot spring along with Karura and Kogarashi.
- Determinator: Matora enjoys fighting with those she considers worthy. As a result, she goes to great lengths to try to befriend Nonko knowing that the latter is a powerful Oni.
- The Dragon: She's basically Karura's second-in-command.
- Dynamic Entry: Comes crashing into Karura's wedding ceremony.
- Graceful Loser: Doesn't have a problem when Sagiri and Hibari manage to defeat her using clever tactics.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's a half-Nue youkai.
- HeelFace Turn: She served as Karura's dragon in Chapters 57 to 64 against the members of Yuragi Inn. Like Karura, Matora becomes a lot more friendly towards Kogarashi and company after the arc is over.
- Magic Hair: To help with combat, Matora's ponytail can transform into a snake.
- Modesty Shorts: Like Karura, Matora wears shorts underneath her uniform.
- Oral Fixation: She's usually seen sucking on a lollipop.
- Shipper on Deck: Knows how Karura feels towards Kogarashi, and supports her becoming a couple with him. Even to the point of teasing Kogarashi in an attempt to make Karura jealous.
- Short Hair with Tail: Most of her hair is short and messy except for the low ponytail growing from her nape.
- Super Speed: Shown to be really fast. She easily gets ahead of her enemies when they're trying to run away.
- Super Strength: Shown to be quite strong against the girl members of Yuragi Inn. In her introduction, Matora defeats Nonko and Oboro easily using just her physical attacks, and even takes a punch to the face from Oni form Nonko, which ends up not leaving a scratch. Matora is also shown to be strong enough to crush Sagiri's ninja armor, and takes no damage when her back is struck by Hibari's shurikens.
- Telepathy: Learned Mind Awareness.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Has a long ponytail that can even turn into a snake.
- The Worf Effect: She, one of the strongest characters seen so far is utterly thrashed by Kogarashi's master in chapter 118.
- Worthy Opponent: Matora considers Nonko to be one knowing that the latter is a powerful Oni.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Her Signature Move is to grab hold of someone, and then slam them into the ground.
A sparrow Tengu who follows Karura.
- Arc Villain: Supports Karura in Chapters 57 to 64 against the members of Yuragi Inn.
- Determinator: Believing Karura's room to be a sacred area, Suzutsuki is determined to make sure that no enemy ever sets foot in there.
- The Leader: Leads a group of Mooks against Yaya during the Hiogi Estate arc.
- Oh, Crap!: Has this reaction a couple times. First when he hears from Yaya that Karura's room may have been infiltrated, and when he realizes that Yaya has summoned an army of cat gods to support her during their fight.
- Razor Wind: Suzutsuki's primary means of attacking his enemies is using his wings to shoot razor winds.
- Telepathy: Knows Mind Awareness but is not as good as Karura.
- Tengu: A Tengu in the form of a sparrow.
- Undying Loyalty: Very much so towards Karura.
Three Big Families
Kogarashi's ghost Master and Sixth Generation Yatahagane, who decides to visit Kogarashi at Yukemori Inn.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit after her confrontation with Nonko bares her midriff.
- Big Sister Instinct: She thinks of Kogarashi as her precious little brother and is very protective of him. In fact, the reason why she returned to the world of the living was that she was worried about the dangers Kogarashi could face and only passed on again after making sure he now has allies who will take care of him in her place.
- Big Sister Mentor: She trained Kogarashi in the Yatahagane fighting style and cared for him like a big sister would.
- Boobs of Steel: Has a rack comparable to Nonko, and she's one of the strongest characters seen so far.
- But Now I Must Go: Returns to the afterlife after Garandou is defeated and becomes clear Yuuna is not dangerous.
- Coat Cape: Wears her coat this way.
- Commissar Cap: Wears a nice looking one.
- Cool Big Sis: While her training methods were harsh, she truly acted this way towards Kogarashi.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Although in a completely different way from Yuuna, being beautiful rather than cute.
- Face of a Thug: While she looks intimidating, she's nowhere near as bad as she looks. She even yells that's how she was born.
- First Love: For Kogarashi.
- Friendly Ghost: She was the first good ghost Kogarashi ever met and she acted as a Big Sister Mentor to him.
- Go Out with a Smile: She bids goodbye to the residents of Yuragi Inn with a smile, happy that Kogarashi is no longer alone and she can go to the afterlife without worries now.
- Implacable Woman: She's nearly unstoppable when it comes to go after her target.
- Like Brother and Sister: She does love Kogarashi, but as an older sister. Now that Kogarashi has grown out of his crush on her, he reciprocates the sibling feeling.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: She openly tells Kogarashi that she loves him and already did so many times in the past according to him, but both know she means it in a sisterly way.
- Training from Hell: Submitted Kogarashi to one of this until he was able to touch her.
- Unfinished Business: Even though Kogarashi was supposed to help her pass on, she remains here for some reason.
- The Worf Effect: Inflicted and seemingly suffered this, giving Matora a beatdown but in the past she was defeated and captured by a wolf Youkai in an underground martial arts tournament. However, the latter example is somewhat subverted as it's noted that, while the Youkai was indeed powerful, she lost due to following tournament rules and let herself get captured to force Kogarashi to save her.
- Worthy Opponent: After Nonko puts on a surprisingly good fight, she admits she's a worthy foe.
Shakuhito YoinozakaNonko's younger brother. He wants to marry Sagiri through a political marriage.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: During his arc, his main objective is making Sagiri his wife and forcing her to stop being a ninja so he can make her his plaything.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Because of his douchey personality, Nonko isn't fond of him at all.
- Arc Villain: He's the villain of Sagiri's engagement arc.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: The sclerae of his eyes turn black when he uses his Oni powers.
- Disposable Fiancé: He's a Jerkass in an Arranged Marriage with one of the haremettes of the main character. Any surprise he doesn't marry Sagiri?
- Enemy Mine: He arrives at Yuragi Inn to protect the de-aged residents from Nadare Tenko, but he's still a jackass and is only kind of helping because it would be inconvenient for the Yoinozaka clan if the Tenko clan eliminate Yuragi Inn.
- Facial Markings: He has a small marking on his forehead where his horn comes out.
- Horned Humanoid: He has Oni blood like everyone in the Yoinozaka, which allows him to manifest a single horn on his forehead.
- Jerkass: He's a total douchebag.
- Love Before First Sight: He just took a look at a picture and information about Sagiri from the Byakuei Tenko incident and he immediately decided to make her his wife.
- Sadist: His one pleasure is demeaning and abusing those he considers weaker than him.
- Scarpia Ultimatum: He threatens to have the Yoinozaka clan destroy Sagiri's village if she doesn't marry him.
- Uneven Hybrid: Like everyone else in the Yoinozaka clan, Shakuhito is a distant descendant of the legendary oni Shuten-doji.
- Villainous Crush: He has it bad for Sagiri.
- Weakness Turns Her On: Gender-reversed. Shakuhito thinks weakling women who Can't Catch Up are hot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has pink hair like his sister.
Byakuei TenkoFounder of the Tenko Clan and a creator of Garandou that costed Ouga's life 100 years ago.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He really loves his daughter and started his research to save her from an incurable disease.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He wears glasses and he makes clear he doesn't care about anyone but his daughter.
- Immortality Seeker: His goal is using the Garandou techniques to make his ill daughter immortal. Yuuna and the other Genryuusai clones are the result of his failed experiments.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He's Yuuna's father. To be specific, he cloned her from his real daughter.
- That Thing Is Not My Child!: To him, the original Mahoro is his only daughter and all her clones are nothing but failures in his attempt to make Mahoro immortal.
Nadare TenkoThe current head of the Tenko clan.
- Accidental Pervert: His two subordinates accidentally crash into him and shove their breasts into his face. Nadare is clearly embarrassed by this.
- Anti-Villain: He only antagonizes the residents of Yuragi Inn because the Tenko elders decided they were becoming too powerful and were a threat to the power balance of the Three Big Families. Even then, Nadare decided against killing them and just aged them down because he thought the higher-ups would leave them alone if they became younger and weaker. After Kogarashi defeats him, he realizes Nadare is not a bad guy, but a decent guy being forced to obey his higher-ups, and they become allies instead.
- Arc Villain: He acts as the main antagonist of his arc in which he makes everyone in the Yuragi Inn younger.
- Authority in Name Only: He's the head of the Tenko clan basically in name only since he's forced to follow the orders from the elders.
- Bishōnen: He's a very pretty-looking boy.
- Chick Magnet: He has two female subordinates enamored with him and he's apparently quite popular among the girls of his school, too.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After Kogarashi overpowers him, Nadare expresses how he never really wanted to kill him and his friends and was only doing what his higher ups ordered. Sympathizing with him, Kogarashi and Yuuna offer to help Nadare in getting his higher ups to listen to him. They're allies after that.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Kogarashi acquires ridiculously overpowering spiritual energy in a short amount of time while Nadare has been put through arduous training since he was a toddler to reach the level of spiritual power he has now. Nadare is envious of Kogarashi's rapid progress.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He has mid-back length hair he ties back in a ponytail and he's quite the Bishōnen.
- Nice Guy: Even when he's an enemy, it's not hard to see that Nadare is a polite and pleasant guy.
- Princely Young Man: He's the Bishōnen head of a powerful family of mediums and he has his own set of female admirers.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black: His spirit armor is a school uniform because he finds wearing Sensual Spandex like everyone else to be embarrassing.
- Shirtless Scene: Because of Clothing Damage, he flies around shirtless after his battle against Kogarashi, to the great delight of his female subordinates.
Ami and Yasuhisa
A pair of star-crossed loving ghosts that Kogarashi and Yuuna meet while vacationing at the beach with Nonko and Oboro. Ami and Yasuhisa have remained stuck on earth looking at one another from opposite cliffs until one finally decides to reunite with the other.
- Ambiguously Brown: Their skin tone appears darker than most characters in the series, possibly because they're natives of Okinawa.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: They finally pass on to the afterlife after Kogarashi gives a threat to Yasuhisa that he will make Ami pass on to the afterlife, which forces Yasuhisa to follow them back to Ami where he finally tells her that he wants to be with Ami forever.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Ami looks like a beautiful young teenage girl.
- Friendly Ghost: They're both very harmless and act as decent people when Kogarashi talks to them. Nonko assumes that neither of them became an evil ghost even after so many years because they were so close to each other and only thought about wanting to reunite.
- Haunted Fetter: Ami can't leave the spot of the cliff in which she's waiting for Yasuhisa. It's particularly frustrating because she can see her boyfriend mere meters away, but he won't get close to her out of fear of her blaming him for her death.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Yasuhisa blames himself for Ami's death because she drowned while trying to save him from drowning after he fell into the sea by accident. After death, he feels so guilty that he doesn't get near to Ami's ghost even though they're mere meters away from each other.
- I Will Wait for You: Ami has been waiting for Yasuhisa in the cliff for around thirty years. When he finally gathers the courage to go to her, they pass on together.
- Invisible to Normals: Since the two of them are ghosts, humans with no spiritual power can't see them.
- Multicolored Hair: Yasuhisa's hair is blond on the top and black in the back.
- Nervous Wreck: Turns out that the only reason Yasuhisa hasn't gone over to finally be with Ami is because he's incredibly nervous about what she will think of him when he finally goes over to her location.
- One-Shot Character: They only appear during the Story Arc where Kogarashi and Yuuna go to the beach with Nonko and Oboro. Ami appears across chapters 28 and 29 while Yasuhisa only appears in chapter 29.
- Rage Breaking Point: Ami gives Yasuhisa many punches when they finally reunite since she was angry that the latter made her wait for such a long time.
- The Reveal: The tale about Ami and Yasuhisa states that Ami's parents had set up the car accident to dispose of Yasuhisa. In actuality, Yasuhisa reveals to Kogarashi and Yuuna that his motorcycle accident was actually caused by himself.
- Runaway Fiancée: Ami was set to be in an Arranged Marriage before deciding to run away with her true lover, Yasuhisa. However, they died in an accident before they could elope.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: In the past, Ami and Yasuhisa promised to meet at the cliff to run away from a family political marriage that Ami was being forced into. However, a car accident caused Yasuhisa to fall off a cliff before he could reach Ami's location, which caused Ami to jump off the cliff she was waiting at in a futile attempt to save her boyfriend. As ghosts, the two remain on opposing cliffs longing to be with one another again, and has become an old folktale by the nearby townsfolk.
- Together in Death: With the help of Kogarashi and Yuuna, the ghosts of Ami and Yasuhisa reunite and pass on to the afterlife together.
- Unfinished Business: The two ghosts have remained stuck on opposite cliffs for years until they're able to reunite and admit their love to one another.