The characters from the manga and TV series You're My Pet.
- Action Girl: Regularly beats up muggers and and other unsavory types with some excellent karate, including once while drunk (and not remembering it the next day). Lampshaded with a chapter in volume three that has her dressed as 'Spark Girl', one of the mascots for a theme park.
- Blind Without 'Em: When Sumire loses a contact lens, she bumps into things so often she gets bruises.
- Christmas Cake: She's 29 years old, and her family is constantly pressuring her to get married already.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted. Sumire, the Independant Successful Career Woman, is actually a rather good, if somewhat limited cook.
- Go-Getter Girl: Sumire is on the old end (she's beginning to be established in her career), but she still counts. Interesting in that much of the series is about her confronting the tradeoffs of developing this personality: she's gained professional success and admiration, but at the cost of appearing unapproachable in her personal life. It's only around Momo when she can put her ambition aside.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: When she sings, she accidentally makes it sound like death metal.
- Huge Schoolgirl: She's 170 cm tall, which has caused her a lot of trouble with boyfriends who feel inferior to her.
- Iron Lady: She's well on the way to becoming this, which is good for her career (despite the jealousy of the other women in her department) but makes her romantic life more difficult. Much of the manga's plot deals with her coming to accept that this is truly her personality, and that she needs to be with someone who can be equally understanding and supportive of it.
- Otaku: She's knowledgeable about anime and figurines, not to mention wrestling.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She was a plain-looking nerdy girl in college.
- Shrinking Violet: Quite literally, being both painfully shy, and bearing a name that is the Japanese word for 'violet'.
- Statuesque Stunner: At 170cm (approximately 5'5"), she's quite tall for an Asian woman. (The average is 5'.)
Takeshi "Momo" Gouda
- Chick Magnet: Growing up with four older sisters, he had to learn at a young age how to make girls like him.
- Freudian Excuse: He's popular with and can't say no to girls because he was heavily outnumbered by his sisters and lived under the thumb of his mother. To him, not being liked by a girl = permanent loneliness.
- Friend to All Children: He get's along with pretty much everybody, but every child he's been around, he's befriended.
- Ladykiller in Love: Can get any girl he wants; falls in love with the one who treats him like a dog.
- Likes Older Women: Since he likes Sumire, though his ex-girlfriend Rumi is younger than him and his various flings' ages are ambiguous.
- Uke: In all but sexual orientation; he displays virtually every other stereotypical trait and relationship dynamic of one.
- A Man Is Always Eager: He's rather assertive when he becomes amorous, but he knows when it's not a good time. (Unless Sumire doesn't tell him.)
- Abusive Parents: Her father was an abusive drunk.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She's constantly trying to come between Sumire and Hasumi.
- Informed Ability: Apparently she's a dentist, but this is mentioned only a couple of times when she's first introduced. The rest of the series has her barely able to scrape by with the money she's earning by working at a brothel. Surely dentistry pays more than prostitution?
- Single Mom Stripper: Shiori is a variant, working in a strip club/brothel to put her younger brother through school.
- Eccentric Mentor: Besides Momo, she's the only one Sumire goes to for advice, and back when the two were teens, she had an even more hands-on approach at mentoring Sumire. She whipped her into shape with a literal whip.
- I Was Quite a Looker: She was absolutely gorgeous and fashionable as a teenager and young adult. She still is, but now it's hidden behind glasses, boring hairstyles and sweatshirts, and an extra ten pounds gained as a devoted wife and mother. Of course, when Yuri was gorgeous, Sumire was the boring dowdy one, until Yuri taught her how to clean up.
- Manipulative Bastard: She enjoys poking at Sumire's weak points in attempts to get her and Momo away from each other, even though she already decided to give up on him.
- Yaoi Fangirl: She lent some of her Boys' Love manga to Momo for him to laugh at. She also had a fantasy about Momo and her boyfriend rolling around under the sheets.
- Knight Templar Big Sister: She appears to be frigid and degrading, but she keeps an eye on Sumire, even going so far as to have attacked one of Sumire's dates with a sword after finding out that he tried to take her to a love hotel.
- Biker Babe: She also used to be part of a biker gang.