open/close all folders
General Oogakari Tropes
A family of dimension travelling immortals as well as Zuzushi, a "demon dragon goddess thing" who is an elder goddess of all known creation. They cause shenanigans frequently, but get involved with major fighting relatively rarely.
- Apocalypse How: Each one of them is capable of at LEAST a class X-4.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: In spades, though to the public they also get respect due to the fact that they do various other jobs around town.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Despite their normal treatment of each other, there isn't any doubt that they would render reality apart for one another at the drop of a hat.
- Badass Family: The most badass family in the entire multiverse.
- Badass Long Coat: They all have one.
- Beware the Nice Ones: They're all generally good guys, save for the chaos they sow. It's very hard to anger them, but if they are angered no god would be able to save you.
- Body Horror: Once a year, twice for Ghost, they undergo backlashes from their powers, and are subjected to horrific body horror. Their times are all different, and only Ghost's has fully been seen, but his involved his body repeatedly dying and being rewound till he was technically alive until it stopped.
- Broken Ace: They are all very good at what they do, yet given how old they are, their mental quirks, and some of their exposed histories, it is clear that they are all severely broken in one way or another.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: As insane as the events of the fic are, they all consider it just another side-job and entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. People learning this are understandably upset to learn they only consider all their strife just entertainment.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: They are all every bit as bizarre as they appear. They're all also far more powerful than anyone in the entire Naruto-verse.
- Curbstomp Battle: Any in-universe character versus an actually pissed Oogakari results in this. ALWAYS.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Each member has this in one way or another to varying degrees.
- Deconstructor Fleet: They all act like this whenever they aren't using tropes to make asses out of themselves, and even then they do it.
- The Dreaded: They are some of the most feared beings across the entire multiverse, but especially Ghost, Shadow, and Zuzushi.
- Dysfunction Junction: Their time as Zuzushi's retainers has not been kind to any of them. They all had to become sociopaths just to cope with what they've seen, aren't averse to infighting, and easily become The Berserker when pissed off.
- Ghost's earliest memories are his own repeated deaths after being left alone as a Blind Seer. His flame makes him incapable of dying, his first wife did something to him that erased his original personality, his second went mad and he was powerless to stop it, and he's ultimately become a Death Seeker.
- Waltz is riddled with PTSD over his past actions.
- Crypt has lost his mind after his presence was shattered and only regains lucidity when fighting or high off his ass, and even then he's still fundamentally different from how he was before.
- Scabbard is forced to watch his families memories slowly fade away while he remembers their lives before meeting Zuzushi, while constantly alienating himself from others.
- Shadow was forcefully sealed away so she could adjust to housing Zuzushi, and upon waking up finds the brother she was closest too, Crypt, a shadow of his former self, never getting the chance to even say goodbye. Something also happened between her and third true god, the god of Bonds, that made it impossible for her to empathize with anyone, and left her emotions in a constant state of flux.
- Eccentric Mentor: To one degree or another. They all act as mentors to the Konoha 12 and even their Team Leaders and the Hokage, but their eccentricities vary. The only one not acting as a mentor is Crypt, instead he's usually the training dummy.
- Ghost's preferred method of training is throwing them to the wolves, annoying them till they're good enough to hurt him, and tormenting them with exploding model cow.
- Scab functions as a Trickster Mentor on most occasions, never giving a straight answer and wanting them to come to conclusions on their own, but isn't afraid to use them for manual labor under the guise of training.
- While Shadow's training is dependent on her mood, her preferred method is straight to the point. She won't dance around it or go for vague advice, just beat the knowledge into others heads.
- Waltz is similarly straight to the point, but is less forceful and destructive in his methods. He'll engage in Exact Words, and only goes all out if they're aware of what that means.
- Everyone Has Standards:
Waltz: It was a nightmare! It traumatized Crypt! CRYPT! There's barely enough of him left TO traumatize anymore!"
- The men of the group all despise "Operation Ladyboner."
- More seriously, even though the Scarred Accords forbid them from doing so anyway, none of them would ever teach someone how to use Law. To teach Law is considered cruelty beyond imagine due to the low success rates and how it warps a users being, and even when successfully taught its a Dangerous Forbidden Technique that's too Awesome, but Impractical to use. Which is why the others were furious with Ghost when they found out Naruto could use Law, thinking he taught it to him. Ghost didn't though, Naruto learned it on accident.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: All the male members have this in one form or another.
- Hellfire: Each male member has this in one form or another.
- Heroic Bystander: Hero might be stretching it, but the lot of them try to stay out of the major events if they can. While they'll train others and offer a hand in politics, they try to avoid directly inserting themselves into the action as a means of keeping things interesting. The rare times they do get involved are either when they are personally affected, or something happens involving other dimensions that the natives can't handle.
- I Am What I Am: They take pride in this and look down upon anyone that deny parts of themselves in order to make themselves feel better. They have admitted to be many things, including but not limited to humans, monsters, fathers, murderers, scientists, doctors, teachers, strippers, heroes, villains, business owners, and cowboys.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Subverted. All of their clothes are actually pretty standard looking save for Crypt's straitjacket coat hybrid.
- It Amused Me: Their excuse for doing at least half of the things they do.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Aside from Scabbard, they only remember bits and pieces of their lives before meeting Zuzushi.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Well, except for Waltz and Scabbard. ...Usually. While they act like insane idiots, they are all well-versed underneath their personas, and won't hesitate to use this to catch others off-guard.
- Old Master: Even if most of them look like they're barely pushing 25, they are all at least 100 times that age. The only one who looks the part is Waltz, and even then he's still around their age.
- Person of Mass Destruction: They can blow up entire worlds if they try hard enough.
- Refuge in Audacity: Some of the things they say are so insane that unless you knew what they were talking about you'd think they were just blabbering.
- Rule of Cool: They do this often, but tend to try to make it practical as well... when possible.
- Slasher Smile: Whenever they get excited about fighting.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Despite how they act, they are ALL VERY cynical of whatever world and society they are in.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: Most of the time they are silly and immature as all get out, however there have been occasions that they jump to the other side if they feel as if they need to prove a point.
- Story-Breaker Power: Just one of them if placed in canon would end the Shinobi World War in record time.
- Straw Nihilist / Anti-Nihilist: All of them jump between these two surprisingly and in an interesting way. NONE of them have faith in any world or society and they don't believe in much, but they do urge others to have their own meaning in life just so that they can say that they have lived, even if they know its most likely not going to mean anything in the end.
- Stuff Blowing Up: All. The. Time. They have a bad track record of collateral damage, all centered around how much shit they blow up. Usually Crypt.
- The Gadfly: Subverted. They mean everything they say... yes. Even Crypt.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: They probably have contests trying to outdo one another without breaking reality for the hell of it.
- Troll: To everyone and everything they come across.
- Up to Eleven: They tend to do this with everything they do (much to the local's horror.)
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Believes in this fully.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Each member is a clear-cut case of this to varying degrees. All of them hit the Despair Event Horizon a long time ago and never really came back. Ghost in particular is so desperate to die that he deliberately allows certain attacks to hit him to see if they can kill him permanently.
The one responsible for kick starting the plots of both Yet Again, with a Little Extra Help and Go Away I'm Watching Porn, Ghost is a self-admitted jackass looking to entertain himself. Beneath that however lies a rather disturbing individual, twisted in nature only tempered by some very loose morals and being a Death Seeker. Aside from that, he is a leading member of The Family and one of the three "True Gods" in the Multiverse.
- Animorphism: Ghost can turn into a cat.
- Apocalypse How:
- A special case, being a living source of it due to his black flames, which only burn time-space. Supposedly somewhere around class X-5 and Z if what's been said is any indication. It's his greatest power, the source of his immortality, and the thing that he despises most in existence.
- A specific case however is the "Thousand Night War". After some God's messed with his second wife to get to him and he was forced to kill her, Ghost absolutely lost it. The rampage he went on created an irreparable scar on the multiverse and destroyed numerous universes, including Dima's home dimension and family with it. Now, because of his immense death wish and that incident, everyone has the urge to kill Ghost whenever they meet him. The incident was bad enough that the "Scarred Accords" were drawn up, specifically as a means of stopping the conflict between other Gods and The Family. Said accords made it so that The Family can't grow too powerful and forbid anyone amongst them from teaching the fourth stage of Presence Mastery: Law, of which Ghost is a practitioner.
- After he was forced to kill his fifth wife too most of the multiverse was afraid of him losing it again. Thankfully he didn't... probably because that happened as part of the longevity treatments his own family gave her. Which is why Scabbard didn't tell him that Rafiq, one of Ghost's many enemies, tried to get to him through his second wife Sasha, using information he got from Sylvia.
- Arch-Enemy: His is Santa... Seriously. Apparently because he considers Santa a master assassin due to leaving coal in peoples houses which could kill them in their sleep if it causes a fire, he challenges Santa every Christmas to contests over who can deliver the most presents and coal without getting caught. Only reason Santa agrees is because it cuts his delivery route in half.
- Berserk Button:
- It's been established that he will kill anyone he is not extremely close to that calls him "The God of None", a title that he is not fond of in the slightest.
- While he'll admit to things that were his fault, don't blame him for things beyond his control. What happened to Issei in particular is a sore spot.
- Don't bring up his past marriages when insulting him, namely his first and second wives. While he's had plenty of marriages and plenty of good ones, those two are major sore spouts. Tsume inadvertently doing so nearly got her killed.
- Blind Seer: Beneath those shades he's blind. Interestingly, his eyes have their irises stitched shut, not the entire eye. While he initially kept it secret to everyone outside of those that he trusts, he ends up revealing them to the world after he is called to Iwa so Naruto can go all out against Hidan.
- Bloody Hilarious: Many of the things that happen to him result in this, by his own design or not.
- Blow You Away: Is a complete master of wind based techniques to the point that he rarely needs to use any of his other powers to defeat any of the canon characters.
- Chaotic Neutral: Is really this. Comes off more as Chaotic Good and does lean into it frequently, but this tends to be only around people he likes. He's more apathetic than most people assume.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Whenever Ghost is in a particularly pissed off mood, he tends to dole these out to anyone who irritates him.
- After finding out what happened to Anko and Hana, and that Scab not only knew but didn't tell him as he tried to rescue them himself, Ghost put his body through an eternity's worth of pain. The experience left him comatose, and once he's awake he's expected to be wheelchair bound for at least a week.
- After seeing Tobi watching him, he proceed to rip out his left eye, the one that allowed him to use Izanagi, and crush it.
- After Onoki tried to take Ghost in for questioning over what happened and refused to let him leave, Ghost subjected the entirety of Iwa to a little "game". A game where the players had to try and kill each other each turn, and the game would only end if Ghost permanently died, or they let him leave. If they failed on either front, Ghost would kill them all, then revive them fully aware of what he did. He proceeded to do this five times, including on civilian women and children. By the fourth time, most of them were begging him to stop.
- Death Seeker: Horrifically so if one thinks about what he lets his body goes through during the family's antics. He's fast enough that he could dodge any attack, so any attack that actually hits him is either from thinking he deserves it, or hoping it will actually kill him.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Very frequently. The age gap doesn't bother him so much as it is the age of the females he hits on. He has a strict 17 and over policy.
- Drop the Cow: Model cows covered in exploding tags. Has caused serious...issues...for the Kohona 12 and Konohamaru's friends.
- Flash Step: A master of this to the point that the rest of his family claim that he would literally be untouchable if he bothered to take things seriously.
- Fragile Speedster: Is insanely fast to the point that he uses his time powers to slow him down to keep things interesting. Also can be dropped in a single blow even by the canon characters if they manage to hit him.
- Groin Attack: Suffers from this more often than he'd like. Only reason he doesn't have lasting damage is because his flame reverts his body.
- Implacable Man: When he truly wants something, there is nothing that can get in his way. You can hurt him, kill him, destroy what he wants - it doesn't matter. He can't die for good, doesn't really care how bad he gets hurt, and the only things he really cares deeply about are his family, Anko, and Hana.
- Internal Reveal: While he initially didn't show them to anyone he didn't trust, he ends up revealing to the world his eyes after he's called to Iwa by Naruto.
- Large Ham: Frequently and without restraint.
- Manchild: This all the way.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Primarily: "God of None" and "Cursed Memory".
- Offscreen Teleportation: Does this to great comedic effect.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Considered to be the absolute worst case if fighting all out in the MULTIVERSE, though given his personality that seems to never happen.
- Physical God: He can't control everything and overall his powers are very specified, however one particular power has given him the moniker of the "God of None", something that most other genuine Gods seem to acknowledge reluctantly. He is considered one of the three "True Gods", the others being Shadow and the unknown Third True God. Whereas Shadow governs the "Beginning", and the third governs "Status", he governs the "End".
- Power of the Void: His fire burns time space, essentially making "nothing" happen. This includes him dying, events in time, people, memories, and virtually anything that "exists". Supposedly it is the source of the idea of "fire" and the reason why he is called the "God of None".
- Professional Killer: If he bothers to take things seriously, such as an assassination job, he does it textbook style. Only the target is killed, no one knows who did it, and there is no evidence in the slightest... save for him bragging about it later.
- Sealed in a Person-Shaped Can: He's gotten himself stuck in a lot of places, but his getting stuck in a young Issei Hyoudou as a Sacred Gear is what kick-started the plot of Go Away I'm Watching Porn.
- Sensor Character: Not used that often, but he was the creator of the 7th sense, is blind, and the only characters that are aware or even suspect the second fact are the ones he has told it to.
- Super Speed: Has this when he's using his time powers to SLOW HIMSELF DOWN.
- That Man Is Dead: After spending hundreds of years in the Forest of Nirvana and suffering Sanity Slippage, the man he was before receiving Zuzushi's flame is gone. His current self is a result of his first wife constructing him a new personality as a psychological experiment. Even his current name comes from what he was referred to after he snapped in Nirvana: The Ghost of Nirvana.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Of all the Oogakari, very few people genuinely like Ghost. Even the Konoha 12 have expressed a desire to beat him senseless after learning just how much he put Naruto through. Whereas the others have friendly relationships with people in the village,note the only good relationship he has in the village outside of his family are his girlfriends Anko and Hana. Not even people he took on as students, Naruto and Issei, have particularly high opinions of him.
- Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: Given that he's well over 2000 years old and screws with Gods for fun, it's pretty safe to say that he has more than a few of these locked in his head. More than likely is the source for much of his erratic behavior.
- Time Master: Only for his own personal space, but he has long since learned and invented ways to abuse it to horrific levels.
- Toilet Humor: Whenever he's near Chinese food he suffers greatly. A bit less amusing when it's brought up that the source of this reaction stems from an extremely violent form of food poisoning that even Tsunade paled at learning the specifics of.
- World's Strongest Man: The story greatly implies that he's this for the entire multiverse. Contrary to popular belief, he's not very happy about it, considering the function of his powers that allowed him to become this.
A sugar addicted and fuzzy fetishizing woman, Shadow is the host to the Oogakari's boss Zuzushi. Beneath her chaotic demeanor hides a rather jaded and broken woman though. Like Ghost, she is one of the three "True Gods" of the Multiverse.
- Action Girl: Loves destruction and chaos as much as the rest of her family.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Is technically this for the rest of the family, being the confirmed youngest one of them all.
- Attention Whore: If she wants people to look at her, she will do something that WILL ensure it.
- Berserk Button: Outside of the serious ones such as talking about the third True God in any way, Shadow will maim and or murder anyone that makes a reference about her real age or touches any snack foods that has been established to be hers.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: Her ego is obvious for everyone to see, but she's actually rather jaded and worldly. She understands the nature of creation better than anyone due to her status as the "True God of Beginnings", and doesn't allow anyone to get truly close to her after something occurred between her and the "True God of Status". Those she does allow close to her however, such as Shikamaru and Dima, aren't able to accurately describe their relationship with her, but acknowledge for all her behavior, she's just a broken girl.
- Chaotic Neutral: Clearly seems to care less about the welfare of the Naruto-verse characters more than most of the members of her family. Though its less a result of apathy and more a result of an inability to hold a bond with them, as a result of an incident involving the "True God of Status". The only one amidst the Naruto-verse she even remotely cares for is the only one she formed a bond with, Shikamaru.
- Cuteness Overload: Loves animals and human animal hybrids, and glomps them whenever possible, much to their unwanted pain and distress. She has a particular fetish for their tails, with a top ten list for most huggable. Unfortunately the results after they are hugged are far from comforting for anyone to see. One of the easiest ways to keep her occupied is to give her something cute, such as when she found three baby red pandas. Doing so made her practically incapable of speech outside of squeeing.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Expands on this a bit. Has genuine darkness and shadow powers, but is far from evil. Is She Psychotic? Hell yes, but not evil.
- Dissonant Serenity: Uses this occasionally, but normally it tends to backfire when people see her doing this and causes them to panic because they believe (correctly) that she's either angry or planning something.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She doesn't wear them. Period. She has heelless and toeless stockings instead.
- Dragon Lady: Figuratively and Literally. She can turn into a dragon and she has all the matching attributes. She just prefers to act more childish most of the time.
- Drama Queen: Everyone always knows what her mood is. It's very hard to miss.
- Gag Boobs: Subverted. She has an average sized chest, but she has been noted to have given herself these as a joke on several occasions.
- Genius Bruiser: Second only to Scabbard in intelligence, she's noted to be good at virtually everything she tries her hand at to the point that only real masters in said fields are above her. That being said, she prefers beating the everliving crap out of people a lot more than he does.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Clearly has the shortest temper in the family to the point that many people worry about her disposition.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's bitchy to everyone as a standard and doesn't hide it, but all in all she does go out of her way to help people that treat her like everyone else and ask her normally.
- Kill It with Fire: Despite being the only member of her family WITHOUT fire themed powers, she seems to rely on this trope more than the rest of them combined. She tends to do this the most on said family members, Waltz in particular, who now spontaneously combusts randomly due to her.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Subverted. Any of her brothers would simply laugh in pity at any poor fool that attempts to woo her before giving him some advice on how to survive the relationship.
- Physical God: One of the three established multiversal 'True Gods' in the story, along with Ghost and an unknown third that the rest of the family are not on good terms with. Is able to create absolutely ANYTHING she wants from darkness, or in other words pretty much nothing. This includes people, realities, universes, birds, giant robots, rules, elements, and anything else she can think of. It has earned her the title: The Second Origin.
- Reality Warper: She can create ANYTHING she wants from pure darkness, including universes if she wanted.
- Squee!: Does this whenever one of her guilty pleasures pops up. Particularly anything remotely fuzzy.
- Sweet Tooth: She has no equal and will maim anyone that tries to touch her personal stash. She will then maim anyone who was nearby when the crime was committed. Then she will maim the neighborhood dog, just because he was unfortunately nearby at the time of said maiming. On the other hand, it's a major weakness that the rest of her family has hit on a few times. They've found one of the easiest ways to shut her up is to stuff something sweet in her mouth, only risk being their hands being near her mouth.
- The Sacred Darkness: Her powers are shadow/darkness manipulation as it is the only element that truly existed before the existence of the multiverse. As a result, she inverts whatever shapes she makes out of them into their real existing counterparts, enabling her to mimic god to a huge level.
- Violence Is the Only Option: She knows it isn't, but it's the most entertaining and fun option in her view, and sure as hell knows how to use it.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Subverted. Her family has absolutely no issue with harming her just as much as she hurts them.
The sanest member and visibly oldest of the Oogakari's, Waltz often has to keep his insane siblings in line, though is mostly relegated to looking after Crypt. While very little can truly anger him, woe betide anyone who harms a child in his presence, lest they be faced with The Red Flood.
- Berserk Button: Anyone that threatens to harm children around him will suffer horrifically. When a group of Hyuga rebels attack the Shinobi Academy attempting to kidnap and/or kill Hanabi, Waltz loses it and mauls most of them, creating a horrific scene that managed to traumatize some of the kids he was protecting.
- Bloody Hilarious: Whenever he has to reign in Crypt from doing something stupid, his common method is maiming him beyond reason. Those that witness it without prior knowledge are typically horrified beyond belief.
- Chaotic Good: Hilariously becomes this when he's high or drunk. All the canon cast are reasonably terrified the first time they see this happen, noting he acts less like himself and more like Crypt.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's this whenever he's talking to or about his family. Otherwise he's rather quite polite.
- Friend to All Children: He gets along with most of the youth in Konoha to the point that they practically idolize him.
- Gorn: What happens to people that press his Berserk Button. Also his preferred method of dealing with Crypt, much to the horror of unsuspecting witnesses.
- Grumpy Old Man: For the same reasons as him being a Deadpan Snarker.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Is this quite frequently to members of his family. He tends to get set on fire far more often than he'd like.
- Large and in Charge: He's well over 6 feet tall when he's hunched over, and save for his hands and face he's ripped beyond known reason.
- Lawful Good: Textbook grandfatherly old man. Tends to backfire due to the chaotic nature of his family.
- Making a Splash: Is a water master and often uses it instead of fighting up close.
- The Medic: A result of his Life Manipulation power. Tends to be this for his family and himself after every chaotic event they pull off. He is FAR from squishy though.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "The Red Flood", fitting for the one who has the top record in the family for most kills, as well as the most gruesome. The title was originally "Bloody Hands Waltz" but Scabbard made an effort to change it since it hit too close to home for Waltz.
- Only Sane Man: He serves as this more often than anyone else in the family, much to his displeasure.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He's the blue to Crypt's Red. While Crypt acts completely batshit, Waltz keeps his calm as he maims Crypt into submission. This becomes inverted when he gets drunk/high and Crypt gets high. He becomes completely out of control, while Crypt becomes lucid and irritable.
- Token Good Teammate: While he shares the others policy on not getting too involved in the plot, Waltz is the most willing to lend a hand to others in fights and show distinct concern over the casts well being. He even went as far as to help Sarutobi with the Edo-Tensei Senju's despite still disliking him.
- Unstoppable Rage: If his Berserk Button is even lightly flicked.
Resident genius of the family with a massive money fetish and obsession with Science, Scabbard is the most morally bankrupt member of the Oogakari. Relatively level headed overall, unless fangirls are nearby.
- 90% of Your Brain: Has full access to it and experiments on it regularly.
- Animorphism: Scabbard can turn into a three-legged wolf.
- Ax-Crazy: Whenever fangirls are ever around him he delves into this.
- Been There, Shaped History: In addition to being friends with the original Shirou Emiya, he has some connection to the origins of spiral power, and is the creator of Kyubey!
- Bi the Way: Confirmed to be bisexual.
- Berserk Button: Fangirls. He REALLY doesn't like them.
- The Comically Serious: Doubles in that most of the time people can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not.
- Deadpan Snarker: Makes it even more amusing given the fact that his monotone voice makes it extremely hard to tell if he's doing this at times.
- Fangirls: He hates them more than anything else in the multiverse to the point that he's devoted a good part of his existence to "cleansing the multiverse of their taint".
- For Science!!: The rest of his family is absolutely TERRIFIED whenever he even says the word. Even when he is in another country and they should not be able to hear him, they find jumping into a volcano preferable to dealing with him and Science. Tenten, Zabuza, Yugito, and Bee come to share their discomfort later on.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He loves technology and produces it in spades.
- Improbable Weapon User: Has a special metal inside of his body that he weaponizes using Alchemy to turn himself into a living Swiss Army Weapon.
- Irony: The one in charge of spy networks and information trade is considered the least subtle of the family, with his previous attempts apparently causing mass destruction on a multiversal scale.
- Large Ham: If he gets near a microphone.
- Mad Scientist: He makes Orochimaru look a lot saner.
- Money Fetish: Just a smidge of this. Everyone in the family has some form of debt with him, and he will lord it over them until they somehow (read: never) manage to pay him back. Poor Zabuza.
- No Kill Like Overkill: He mentions that his family thinks that his middle name should be 'Overkill.' And coming from this family...
- Only Sane Man: Often talks like this is the case, regardless of who else he is with. He's not really, since he's a lot more sadistic and crazy than he lets on, leaving the role to actually fall to Waltz.
- Sadist: What he lacks in emotions he makes up for in humiliating ANYONE that either irritates him or catches his attention.
- Shock and Awe: Dude has more raw power than most Gods combined at his disposal. Just walking around tends to make the local animals nearby go nuts. He rarely uses this though.
- Shorter Means Smarter: The smallest member of the Oogakari, but clearly the most intelligent if the amount of debt the rest of the family has with him is any indication.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Has a bad habit of doing this.
- The Stoic: His visible emotions rarely appear outside of members of his family possibly doing things to him, or when he's around fangirls and freaks out.
- Token Evil Teammate: While he is True Neutral like most of the family, Scab tends to have the worst moral compass among them all. He is perfectly willing to experiment on anyone in the name of "science", something that terrifies the others enough that they'd rather jump into a volcano than risk being near him and "science". So long as his investments are protected he has no particular care for anything going on. By far his worst action however was his creation of "Project: Incubator", which he intended to be a means for him to eliminate Magical Girl characters due to their relation to fangirls. He's bad enough that Crypt considers him insane.Crypt: Keheheheh... and people say I'm the insane one in the family.
- True Neutral: Is clearly this most of the time, but has no qualms about leaning into any of the other classifications should the situation call for it.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Considering that he can make gundams for fun if he wanted to, and supposedly created the source for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, he certainly qualifies as this.
- Unstoppable Rage: If he gets too close to a group of Fangirls, this will most likely happen.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has short brown hair has neon green spikes.
Insane by even the Oogakari's standards, Crypt is an animalistic blithering idiot with a rivalry with the floor. Around his neck is his weapon, a cursed blood draining scythe called Third Fang, constantly draining the blood from him leaving him insane. When fighting or when Third Fang leaves his neck however, he changes into a pure Blood Knight with Blue-and-Orange Morality, willing to kill enemies and allies alike to satisfy his lust for blood.
- Ambiguous Situation: Before Gai fully died, he somehow managed enough energy to flare his Presence once more, something Crypt notes shouldn't be possible. Soon after, he and Gai engage in some sort of agreement before Gai ultimately passes on. What they agreed on has yet to be elaborated on, but with the fact the Amethyst on Third Fang's butt was embedded in Gai's heart, and that it drinks the blood of fighters Crypt respects....
- Animorphism: Used to be able to turn into a raven. This somehow got changed into being able to turn into a chicken. An unstoppable chicken of death known as the DCD. It tends to go for the face. Just ask Danzo.
- Bloody Hilarious: Slightly less frequently but more violently than Ghost. Hell, on Naruto's birthday they launched a firework with Crypt tied to it!
- Blood Knight: When he's sane. Loves a good fight more than anything, but is not a kill stealer.
- Blood Magic: Is a hemokinetic master to the point that he is practically a vampire in every way save for being dependent on drinking blood and actually BEING one.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Crypt when sane seems to follow a Social Darwinist philosophy, with some abnormalities. He refuses to lend aid to the defeated, but will give aid to those that refuse to give up. He will not console those grieving over the fallen, but rather motivate them to avenge them by killing their killers. The only thing that gets him excited is a good fight, but this includes ones with his allies. He won't revive the dead, but he will give them a chance to say their goodbyes if they impressed him. He also can't stand those who complain to him when they're too weak to do anything themselves
- Bored with Insanity: Inverted, as Crypt is bored with sanity. When he turns sane, he laments its too much useless thinking for him.
- Chaotic Stupid: Is this constantly. Due to constantly wearing his scythe "Third Fang" around his neck, its perpetually draining his blood and leaving him delirious. Add to that the natural power of an Oogakari and you have chaos incarnate. Once the scythe leaves his neck, he veers into a mix of Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He rivals Gir and Ed, but still manages to be awesome at the same time.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Crypt was actually still reasonably sane after he gained his fire. Something happened that caused him to turn into what he is now, and whatever it is, it's considered one of the major taboos of the family. In particular, it was harsh for Shadow to adjust since she never got to see him again as he was originally was after being released from her prison seven hundred years in. It was apparently something "shattering" his Presence; Crypt is apparently the only known person to survive such an event even remotely functional.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Something did this to him, shattering his Presence in the process. Crypt's case is rare in that he is the only individual to come out of something like that remotely functional, but in the end, he still lost.
- Imaginary Enemy: The Floor. Yes. You read that correctly.
- Insane Equals Violent: An interesting inversion where he is more bloodthirsty and violent the LESS insane he becomes.
- Insane Troll Logic: The undisputed king in the series.
- Instant Runes: Is a seal master that uses his own extremely potent blood in his work. Supposedly yields horrific results if exploited to the max.
- Hilarity Ensues: Virtually every time he appears while insane.
- Lawful Neutral: Surprisingly this when he's sane. He's also a tad on the Lawful Evil side due to how bloodthirsty he gets yet retaining standards.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Subverted. He really is THAT crazy most of the time.
- Not in the Face!: The DCD goes for it all the time.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He's the red to Waltz's blue. Becomes inverted when he gets stoned and Waltz gets drunk. Waltz starts acting like Crypt while Crypt becomes coherent but irritable.
- Sinister Scythe: A cursed demonic red and black weapon called "Third Fang". It forcefully drinks the blood of anyone touching it, including its user, leaving Crypt in his insane state due to wearing it around his neck. When fighting he tends to wield it in his mouth or throw it, allowing his bloodthirsty side to emerge.
- Talkative Loon: Just like his Insane Troll Logic. He has no equal.Crypt: This bookshelf whispers to meeee.... ...In Portugeeeeseeeee... ...But I don't know Portuguese!
- Team Killer: Crypt is noted to have a bad habit of killing his allies when he gets into a fight while sane.
The "Demon Dragon Goddess... Thing", she is the one responsible for giving the Oogakari their fire and making them her retainers. While she normally remains within Shadow, she can manifest herself for the sake of enjoyment. Behind her Deathbringer the Adorable look however lies the true leader of The Family, and is something not to be trifled with.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Is shown to genuinely care for her current vessel and her retainers despite being the closest to an absolute god in the entire multiverse.
- Bad Boss: Is supposedly this on occasion to the Oogakari.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Whenever she's small she can only talk by squeaking. This being the case, most conversations with her involve the Oogakari talking normally, and them getting nothing but squeaks, growls and chirps in return which are somehow understood perfectly. None of them see anything wrong with this.
- Deathbringer the Adorable: Even other GODS shy away from saying her name out loud or in vain out of fear of her absolutely murdering them, but it's hard to picture why when she's normally small enough to sleep on a person's head comfortably and squeaks as a form of communication.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's hard to tell given that she squeaks as a form of talking, but the rest of the Oogakari have more than once gotten into lengthy arguments with her that include this.
- Head Pet: Loves sleeping on people's shoulders and heads. Has a soft spot for blondes in particular.
- Kill It with Fire: Subverted. Despite being a dragon, she CAN'T do this anymore as she gave her fire to the males of the Oogakari as part of their deal to serve her.
- Mascot: She's this for the Oogakari most of the time. Even the Naruto-verse characters that know exactly what she is tend to see her as this, even though she's technically their boss seeing as she doesn't really do anything.
- Mixed Ancestry: She's a "Demon Dragon Goddess... Thing" according to the rest of the cast and it is completely true. Her "Thing" ancestry is a species that is so convoluted, supposedly consisting of something that exists in and manages all potential possible futures, that even the Oogakari have trouble describing it to others. She does not mind being called this in the slightest and actually finds it quite funny.
- Physical God: Is supposedly the creator of the greater Multiverse itself and stays in the lower "physical" realms because its the most interesting way to pass time for her.
- Sizeshifter: Normally is small enough to be on people's heads, however she's been seen as large as a horse on several occasions. Her real size has been noted to be far larger than either of these. Word of God says that her TRUE size has been shown in Yet Again on a couple of occasions, said occasions being when the characters are depicted as being in a "dream world" where the sky has a black bar bordered by two pink bars. Said location is one of her scales. Suffice to say though that even the Kyubi has pretty much said fuck it when it comes to comparing himself to her.
- Team Pet: For the Oogakari. Subverted in that she's actually their boss, but that rarely tends to come into play.
- Trash Talk: Is supposedly good at this, but its hard to tell when she squeaks most of the time. The common insult thrown back at her from the Oogakari is "Freaking walking purse".
The Family is an organization spanning the Multiverse run by the Oogakari and Zuzushi. Comprised of members from realities they have either visited or invested in, they are akin to The Mafia and run a good portion of the Multiverse. Known members include Flashbang Dimitri, Monkey D. Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates, a version of Harry Potter that married Luna, Natsu Dragneel, and Issei Hyoudou and his harem.
- Alternate Universe: A good portion of the members are alternate versions of characters from numerous media, the main point of divergence by an Oogakari getting involved in their lives.
- Irrational Hatred: It is a long standing tradition that, much like Crypt's eternal rivalry with the floor, anyone trained by the Oogakari will develop a hatred of one or more inanimate objects.
- Thanks to Ghost's training involving being thrown off a cliff repeatedly, Naruto has developed one for cliffs.
- Since Ghost loves tormenting them with it, the Konoha 12, Konohamaru and his friends, and Hanabi all have a hatred for model cows, particularly ones covered in explosive tags. Naruto used to hate them too, but after training with Ghost he's started using them himself.
- As a result of his Dark and Troubled Past, Issei initially took to taking extremely long and hot showers while depressed. After his mother confronted him on it though, he said he was trying to drown himself. And that he didn't just use a bath or a toaster since the former was cowardly and the latter would likely get him riffed on post mortem. When she understandably called his bluff, Issei began trying to actually drown himself with a shower just to prove her wrong, and developed a hatred of his shower head since it never worked.
- The Dreaded: Jumpers from other dimensions are understandably terrified of running into members or trespassing in their territory.
- The Mafia: An interdimensional equivalents led by the Oogakari. Comprised of those they've taken an interest in and that have passed the tests they dole out, any dimension a member is home too instantly becomes their territory, and with their reputation as The Dreaded amidst the various jumpers, they don't get too much trouble.
Dimitri "Dima" Ivanov
An old man leading the second group of Jumpers to visit the Naruto universe, Dima is actually a member of The Family, though one that rarely lets his membership be known. He's an old friend of Shadow's and has been trying to kill Ghost for centuries.
- Friendly Enemy: He's been trying to kill Ghost for centuries, but when not trying too, the two can actually get along.
- I Was Quite a Looker: He used to be a Bishounen of high caliber, but has since aged into a shriveled old man. Shadow only manages to recognize him when he lights himself up like a Christmas tree to simulate his former "bishie-sparkle".
- In-Series Nickname: He's often just called "Dima".
- Light 'em Up: He has a preference for flashy attacks, primarily lightning, fire, and light. This in turn earned him the moniker of "Flashbang Dimitri".
- Red Baron: He's most well known as "Flashbang Dimitri".
- Sixth Ranger: While he isn't an Oogakari, he is apart of "The Family" organization they have thanks to his relationship with Shadow.
Host to the Kyuubi and son to the late Fourth Hokage, Naruto is the main character of Yet Again, with a Little Extra Help. He met Ghost as he was in the midst of dying by having the Kyuubi extracted from him, and after accepting Ghost's offer, has a chance to protect his world himself. He would become Ghost's "minion" and later become a member of The Family himself, mainly due to the Oogakari growing attached to the kid.
See his section here for more information.
The Sekiryutei and host to Ddraig, the Welsh Dragon, Issei is the main character of Go Away I'm Watching Porn. He met Ghost when he was a kid after Ghost got chased around by Ophis, the Ouroboros Dragon, and tried hiding in Issei, only to get trapped in him as the Sacred Gear Blind Eternity. After an incident involving a girl known as "White", Issei became a hikikomori and Ghost had to be sealed away. He eventually managed to get past his issues, amassed a harem, and became one of the stronger members of The Family.
See his section here for more information.
Sylvia of the Stained Glass
A former friend of the Oogakari, now someone walking on thin ice with them, Sylvia is a god and the one responsible for allowing the second group of Jumpers into Naruto's dimension. Her relationship to the Oogakari, namely Shadow, is largely ambiguous, but she apparently accidentally screwed up big time long ago, and Shadow wants her dead.
- Big Brother Is Watching: She is wearing a shock collar that has a microphone feeding back everything she says to Scabbard, as shown when he "asks" her to admit she's his bitch to Hinata, Shion, and co.
- Noodle Incident: She did something that makes Shadow want her dead.
- Not So Different: From the Oogakari. While she is primarily more polite than they are, she's just as eccentric.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Is just one level of power below Crypt going all out in this area.
- Reality Warper: Has it to an unknown level.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom:
- One of her former mates, Rafiq, was secretly apart of a group of people with a massive grudge against the Oogakari. When she let slip exactly what they were doing to try and help Ghost's wife Sasha, he used that information to make Sasha's condition worse, culminating in her death. Now, despite it being an accident on her part, if the news comes out to Ghost he'll kill her.
- More recently, her breaking down the barrier into Naruto's dimension so she and her group could get in allowed Jashin (?) to possess Hidan and cause Gai's death.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: While the Oogakari act as if she's The Friend Nobody Likes initially, they all do get along during casual situations, even Shadow who wants her dead. According to Sylvia, this is because they used to be close, and even if she did accidentally screw up at one point, they've had too intimate a history for them to not like each other somewhat.
Jeff "Specks" Ivanov
Dima's grandson and the most rational member of the second group of Jumpers.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Specks is just a nickname he goes by after his glasses. His real name is Jeff Ivanov, but its noted he hasn't been called it in a long time.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Specks is an only sane, serious and cautious young man. His grandfather, Dimitri, is a Cool Old Guy with a propensity for flashy moves.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Alongside Skyler, he was unaware of Dimitri and Sylvia's ties to the Family, and he has no idea as to why everyone freaks out when Scabbard mentions "Science".
- Only Sane Man: Of his group that came to Naruto's world after the Oogakari did. He rightfully points out how much shit the group is in after realizing its under the jurisdiction of high class gods, and considers keeping a low profile the best option.
A raving Jumper and close friend to Specks, he sets into motion a domino effect by deciding to fight the Demon Country Group that has lasting effects on Naruto's dimension.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Gender-Inverted Trope. Skyler is known for partying a lot, raves in particular.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Alongside Specks, he was unaware of Dimitri and Sylvia's ties to the Family, and he has no idea as to why everyone freaks out when Scabbard mentions "Science".
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His decision to fight the Demon Country Group rather than bolt set off a domino effect, leading to Carmen being captured by Akatsuki, Tobi learning of Presence, Hidan being taught it, Hidan becoming an Acolyte, and killing Gai.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: He has a history of partying very hard while under the influence, causing him to end up in places with no memory of how he got there.