This page is for the random schoolgirls who give Ayano-chan someone to play off of and give Akademi High School a bit more depth. They don't particularly advance the main story, although some may serve as side quests, provide buffs, or become part of your elaborate schemes - and all serve as "walking security cameras" to prevent Ayano from eliminating her rivals too easily.
Tropes common to all girls
- Anything but That!: Say this verbatim when you torture them for any but the first or final times. Not played for laughs.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Although it is now possible to do this to every female student, Saki was the first one who could be kidnapped and tortured until her mind broke, and she's still the one who can be automatically spawned in debug mode. Their lines change the more you torture them at first, they're just scared, but after repeated sessions, they sound more despairing, begging you to just kill them. By the end, they speak in a monotone about how worthless they are and that they will do anything you ask them to. This includes killing another student and then themself. Any of these girls can be kidnapped by Yan-chan and tortured past the breaking point, then unleashed on any character of your choice whose student info you have.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: To be expected, considering they're the ones you can take panty shots of to earn favors.
- Driven to Suicide: This may be a possibility in the final game if you destroy their reputation enough since you can technically gossip about anyone (except Senpai, Info-chan, the student you are gossiping with, and yourself) albeit only through sheer determination and malice on the player's part.
- Dies Wide Open: Corpses in this game generally have their eyes open.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Once you max out Ayano's Seduction stat, she'll be able to convince girls to do favors for her without befriending (i.e. doing tasks for) them first, and little hearts hover over their heads just like with the NPC boys.
- Heroic Bystander: If Yan-chan murders someone in front of a sufficiently large group of them, they'll pin her down and capture her.
- Mind Rape: Saki was the first girl you were able to do this to in the debug builds. We don't get to see exactly what happens, but it eventually results in them becoming Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Oh, Crap!: How they all react when witnessing something bad happen.
- Only Six Faces: These girls all use Yan-chan's base model.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Aside from their crazy hair and a couple of girls having slightly unrealistic body shapes, they're very normal.
- Sailor Fuku: By default. You can, however, change the uniforms to a different design.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The ones with "Coward" or "Loner" personalities will run out of the school if they see a murder or a corpse. Cowards will not call the cops; Loners will. "Spiteful" students will do the same; if they see you murder someone they hate, they will congratulate you first and not call the cops. If they see the murder or the corpse of anyone else, they will run out of the school and call the cops, just like a Loner.
- Theme Naming: Seen in a few different ways.
- The Rainbow Girls. Like their male counterparts, their names were taken from a list of the most common Japanese names in 2012.
- The Occult Club girls' names are all puns related to the occult.
- The Martial Arts Club girls' names are references to both their hobby and their strength levels.
- The Cooking Club girls' names are a reference to their preferred foods (barring Saki Miyu, who was originally a Rainbow Girl).
- The bullies have names that reference their fashion styles.
- The student council girls' names are references to the four gods of Chinese mythology.
- The Gaming Club girls have names that reference a video game or a development gag of this game.
- The Science Club girls have names that relate to their preferred field of science.
- The Art Club girls have names that reference art supplies.
- The Light Music Club girls' names relate to the instrument they play.
- The Gardening Club girls have names that reference flowers.
- The Photography Club girls have names that reference Scooby-Doo characters (this is also true of the guys).
- This Is Unforgivable!: One of their quotes after being tortured for the first time."I hate you! I'll never forgive you for this!"
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: When scared.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A lot of the girls fall into this, probably a majority at this stage of development. In fact, at this point, it's quicker to list the girls whose hair colors avert this. Here -
- Explicitly invoked with Miyuji, leader of the Light Music Club she dyed her hair as part of her personality makeover.
A friend of Osana who follows her everywhere, even hiding nearby during Osana's private phone call and moment with Senpai (Give the girl some space, will you?). She exists to make sure that there is never a moment where Osana is alone and vulnerable. Attempting to attack her or Osana will result in her apprehending you immediately. Her persona is Protective.
- Ascended Extra: Goes from a placeholder Rival-chan who doesn't even have a hitbox to Osana's best friend and the biggest obstacle to killing Osana outright.
- Badass Adorable: She's a cute high school girl who's the former head of the Martial Arts Club and the former World's Best Warrior far as the school goes. As a testament to how strong and skilled she is, she easily overpowers a trained Ayano and even breaks her arm.
- Badass Bystander: She exists to stop you if you try to hurt Osana. She's nigh-immortal from a gameplay standpoint, too. Trying to attack her (or Osana), stealth attack or no, will result in her snapping your arm. Suffice it to say, Raibaru is not to be trifled with.'
- Badass Teacher: She was the leader of the Martial Arts Club and instructed Budo and the rest of the club. Other strong students, like Furredo, are said to have been her pupils. Naturally, she's extremely skilled at martial arts.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: She's the former head of the Martial Arts Club and was undefeated until Budo beat her.
- Boobs of Steel: Her chest size is pretty noticeable. That said, she's a Nigh-Invulnerable Bare-Fisted Monk who can easily overpower you and break your bones, if needed.
- Broken Win/Loss Streak: While she was the head of the Martial Arts Club, she accrued a winning streak of 100 matches, which was helped by people underestimating her based on her cute appearance. Said streak also caused her to feel pressured to stay in the Martial Arts Club when she wanted to pursue different hobbies, hence her relief when Budo challenged her and broke it, allowing her to resign.
- Cute Bruiser: Just look at her. Does she look like a former Martial Arts Club leader capable of snapping your arm? This also factored into her 100 match winning streak during her time as a club leader. People saw how cute she was and underestimated her, only to get clobbered.
- Decomposite Character: Originally, she and Osana were the same. Then Osana got a redesign, and the original design became a separate character.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: She was on the receiving end from one Budo Masuta, who challenged her and unexpectedly won, breaking her winning streak. Finally seeing no reason to stay in the club, she resigned, relieved that she could find another hobby, and passed the leadership mantle to Budo.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Raibaru can be set upon by a mind-broken Osana. She will not even defend herself out of the shock of her best friend's sudden 'betrayal'.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: She's this with Osana, and part of the difficulty surrounding Osana involves eliminating her despite her World's Best Warrior of a bestie hanging around all the time. That said, said friendship can easily help with info gathering.
- Hero Antagonist: She's one of Ayano's biggest threat in beating her first rival.
- Invincible Hero: She is impossible to defeat with conventional attacks. A direct attack on either her or anyone in her presence (typically meaning Osana) is tantamount to suicide.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's no slower than any student and is one of the most physically strong students in the school.
- Monster Progenitor: From a skill standpoint, from Ayano's point of view, since she's the reason many students outside the Martial Arts Club have the Self Defense skill.
- Mythology Gag: She was the original design for the first rival before Osana was officially named and given a personality. Yandere Dev even mentions the reason they look so similar is that they are intentionally copying each other's style and wear the same accessories.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: There's a reason why her Self Defense stat is listed as "Invincible"; it's the highest of any Akademi student, and the only person who Ayano can come face-to-face with that tops Raibaru is none other than the principal himself,note and he always attacks first. As previously mentioned, she is immune to any and all forms of direct attack, including stealth attacks. This includes attacks from mind-slaves, which no other character that is valid mind slave targets can resistnote . However, the mind-slave is a key player in (as of the March 31st, 2020 SNAP mode update) one of only three known methods actually killing Raibaru: By going up behind Raibaru while she's fending off the mind slave, and then attempting to attack her with a concealable bladed weapon will result in Ayano briefly distracting Raibaru just enough to allow the mind-slave to successfully break through Raibaru's defense and kill her. Raibaru also stands no chance against Ayano when she's in SNAP mode. If Osana is the mind slave, Raibaru will be too shocked to even try defending herself.
- Punny Name: "Raibaru" is just the word "rival" and "Fumetsu" is Japanese for "indestructible".
- Red Baron: "The Indestructible Rival", which serves as a nice Development Gag to the videos of the same name.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Killing Osana while she's nearby will result in her charging you and apprehending you (read: wrestling you to the ground and breaking your arm).
- Sickening "Crunch!": Happens no less than three times when she catches Ayano.
- Strong and Skilled: She's a Bare-Fisted Monk who can overpower an Ayano that invested in her physical strength and is strong and skilled enough to break bones while overpowering Ayano.
- Super Reflexes: You can't get the drop on her. Stabbing her from behind only has her about-face, and take you down.
- Tomboy Angst: She felt pressured to stay in the Martial Arts club because of her unbroken record, but wanted to do other things like cooking or painting and was relieved when she no longer had to be the club leader.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Any bugs and glitches that cause her to become separated from Osana. A large part of the difficulty in getting rid of Osana revolves around Raibaru tagging along with her almost 24/7. As such, the threat of her interference is completely removed when she, for example, gets stuck on geometry or terrain that causes her to become separated from Osana.
- The Worf Effect: How does the Snap update video demonstrates how unstoppable Ayano is in the state? It shows her killing Raibaru in a Curb-Stomp Battle.
- World's Best Warrior: Before Budo defeated her, she was the strongest fighter in the school. Word of God stated that she can go toe-to-toe with Osoro Shidesu.
- World's Strongest Woman: As stated in the previous trope, the only one who can match her strength is Osoro.
A girl with short blue hair and red eyes first seen in the 2015 April Fools' Day Kuudere Simulator video, but introduced into the main game 7½ months later with the build that debuted the expanded Akademi High campus. She has never been seen expressing emotions. She functions as Akademi's librarian. She spends most of her time in the library reading a book.
She returns in Kuudere Simulator 2 with new features, such as moving her head side to side, blinking, and the ability to change the scenery. Kuudere Simulator 3 gave her the ability to summon Osana and shoot her in the face multiple times.
- Bookworm: The one interest she is stated to have is reading. Indeed, in-game, she functions as the school's librarian (meaning that the library is no longer a convenient place to hide a body).
- Bystander Syndrome: Not yet, and possibly never. She wouldn't go reacting to murder once her exclusive "Apathetic" persona was implemented, but that was scrapped.
- Calling Your Attacks: Labeling it an "Attack" might be pushing the definition, but in Kuudere Simulator 2 and 3, when you blink, she says, "Blink".
- Curtains Match the Window: The second girl in the game (after Pippi) to avert this.
- Deadpan Snarker: In the Kuudere Simulator series. The trailer for KS3 starts with this gem:" we're doing THIS again?"
- Elemental Motifs: With icy-blue hair and a cold personality, she is obviously associated with ice.
- Emotionless Girl: Student Info specifically mentions that she's never been shown to have emotions.
- Played straight in the Kuudere Simulator series, where she not only speaks with absolutely zero emotion but also has a blasé reaction after she pulls out a pistol and shoots Osana in the face.
- Expy: In addition to being a pretty blatant Rei Ayanami Expy, her bookwormish habits may also be based on another derivative of Rei, Yuki Nagato.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": In her first appearance in Kuudere Simulator, she was simply referred to as Kuudere-chan. When she was put into the game, it was revealed that Kuu Dere was her name.
- Informed Attribute: Her status as an Emotionless Girl is this in the main game, as she is generally as inexpressive as any other Loner student, and will react to murder just as they do. Averted in her games and other videos.
- As mentioned above, it was once planned that she would have a persona, "Apathetic", unique to her and Robot-chan from the Science Club. Once that was put in, she would not react to anything... but those plans were thrown out.
- Not So Stoic: Despite her emotionless appearance, her reaction to witnessing a murder is the same as any Loner. That is to say, she'll scream and run off campus (and call the cops). Although, see above for how this was once likely to change later in development.
- Punny Name: Her name is Kuudere.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Blue hair, red eyes, and is close to emotionless. Yup.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: She is based off of Rei Ayanami, after all.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Possibly the case, given that Kuudere is the anime fanspeak for this.
A victim of the Bullies. She was added in the February 3rd, 2018 build, and is the test subject for a new feature that allows Yan-chan to drive bullied victims to murder. She is the only student with the Fragile persona. She is in class 1-1 and is a temporary student who was originally planned to be removed from the game once the "Mysterious Obstacle" is implemented, but now YandereDev wants her to stay.
- Ax-Crazy: Not normally. But if you tell her who was responsible for making her the bullies' target (or so she thinks), she will hunt them down and stab them to death.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: She is a shy victim of bullying, and when told that someone is responsible for bullying her, she will go after the person in the same way a mind slave would.
- Broken Bird: Due to her bullying. She walks with her head down and her hand on her arm and eats lunch alone.
- Butt-Monkey: She is the bullies' favorite target, thanks to her shyness.
- Creepy Loner Girl: She is a shy, lonely girl with dark Peek-a-Bangs and pale skin who dislikes friendship and likes violence, solitude, and the occult.
- Color Motif: She has black hair, grey eyes, black socks, and black panties similar to Yan-chan.
- Curtains Match the Window: Almost. Her eyes are silver-grey instead of black.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: The only student to avert this when she was introduced, in which she wore an almost knee-length skirt. This was changed to a skirt as short as the other students in the February 20, 2018 build because it caused too many bugs.
- Driven to Suicide: If, when showing Horuda a picture of the person supposedly responsible for ruining her life, you show her a picture of herself, she will not go on a mind-slave rampage but will instead quietly kill herself behind the bushes at school. This was a bug and was fixed.
- Eating Lunch Alone: To show how lonely she is. Poor girl.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: She used to have the hair from Hatred Mode (it still looks similar), and looks almost like the Grudge.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Horuda is stated to be unable to watch horror movies, as they are too scary for her.
- Game-Breaking Bug: There was a bug with Horuda's original long skirt where it would begin to expand, growing exponentially larger and eventually consuming the entire school, including you.
- Madness Mantra: Repeats the same one as the mind slaves when sitting outside the school before her Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Wears her hair down so that it covers her left eye. It is unknown whether she is missing that eye (like the Occult Club members) or covers it due to her shyness.
- Punny Name: Horuda Pureso. Pureso Horuda. Place Holder. (According to Info-chan, her real name is Horuda Umetsu.)
- Shrinking Violet: She is very shy and withdrawn and eats lunch alone.
- Unstoppable Rage: When you tell her who is supposedly responsible for her bullying, she will kill that person the next day before killing herself.
A purple-haired student introduced in the mid-November 2015 build, who is rumored to be a succubus. She is close to her sister Inkyu, and Oka Ruto is currently trying to prove that they are supernatural. She has a Social Butterfly persona. She is in class 2-1 with Ayano.
- Age Lift: Inverted. From November 2015 through September 2017, she was a senior in Class 3-2. In October 2017, she was shifted down a year to even out student/class distribution.
- Ambiguously Human: There are rumors that she's a succubus, and even her name is a pun on Succubus.
- Beauty Mark: Has one on the left side of her chin.
- Big Sister Instinct: If Ayano murders Inkyu in front of her, she'll come at Yan-chan with all the strength of a maxed-out Heroic student.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Planned to have this dynamic with her sister Inkyu.
- Buxom Is Better: As expected from a girl rumored to be a succubus, she has the third-largest breast size in the game.note
- Cute and Psycho: Although she has not thus far been shown as such in-game, one of the topics she is listed as feeling positive about is violence.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling of the two. YandereDev describes her as serious and knowledgeable. It's emphasized by their planned dynamic.
- Hates Being Alone: Her interests page states that she hates solitude.
- Hellish Pupils: She seems to have vertical slit pupils, but Student Info claims they're contact lenses.
- Heroic BSoD: If Inkyu dies, she'll spend her free time sitting alone on the roof mourning her little sister.
- On top of this, if her sister is killed, she switches from the Social Butterfly persona to the Fragile persona, meaning that with one more little push on the part of the player... she could very well snap.
- Horny Devils: There's a rumor she is one, which Oka is trying to prove.
- Humanoid Abomination: If the implications of Ambiguously Human above are true.
- Makeup Is Evil: So far, Sakyu and Inkyu are among the only students with visible make-upnote . They are also suspected of being a succubus and a vampire. Subverted in that, aside from rumors, she and her sister haven't done anything evil in-game.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Is she really a succubus, or is Oka just crazy? Considering Oka was right about it, it's possible to commune with demons, maybe it's not so smart to dismiss her outright.
- It doesn't help that one of Sakyu's listed interests is the occult.
- Ms. Exposition: YandereDev has said that this will be the Basu sisters' role in the finished game. They will carry out a set of conversations throughout the game discussing the history and lore of the school and the setting as a whole. However, if School Atmosphere drops low enough they might instead begin discussing more recent events...
- Punny Name: Her name sounds like how the Japanese would pronounce "succubus". Fun Fact!
- Reused Character Design: She has the same character model as Dracula-chan from Yanvania: Senpai of the Night. Lampshaded by YandereDev."Some faces you might recognize." [camera pans to Sakyu]
- Ring of Power: Her ring - a golden one with three pink jewels - may or may not be one. She takes it off for a minute at lunchtime, allowing Yan-chan to steal it. What the player is "supposed" to do with it is put it in her rival's bag to frame her for stealing. However, if you instead take it to the cherry tree out back of the school (you know, the one where the rivals' Anguished Declaration of Love will take place?), you will hear the voice of the Succubus, usually found in the Void, say:"That... ring..."
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes atomic if you kill Inkyu Basu in front of her.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Her eyes are yellow (though it's because of contact lenses, according to Student Info), and she might be a succubus.
- Those Two Girls: Sakyu is primarily seen with her sister Inkyu. Word of God has also mentioned that he would like to characterize them as a Greek Chorus in the vein of a Boke and Tsukkomi Routine (with Sakyu being the tsukkomi).
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: Has gold eyes with slit pupils (they're contact lenses) and is suspected of being a succubus.
A pink-haired student who is Sakyu's younger sister, who was introduced in the same build. There are rumors that she's a vampire. She is in Class 2-2, has a "Social Butterfly" persona, and is not in any club.
- All There in the Manual: She and her sister Sakyu are in the same school year (Junior) and are twins. Only by looking up their information would you know Inkyu is considered the younger of the two.
- Ambiguously Human: There are rumors that she's a vampire, and her name is a pun of incubus.
- Beauty Mark: Has one, just like her sister.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Her planned dynamic with her sister.
- Cute and Psycho: Nothing has suggested this characterization in-game, but her Interests page states that she likes violence.
- Daywalking Vampire: Oka suggests that this is why she can walk in sunlight despite supposedly being a vampire.
- The Ditz: The developer described her characterization as "a mini-Midori".
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to Sakyu's responsible. She's been described as somewhat ditzy and inquisitive, to the point where she bugs her sister with questions. Their dynamic is intentionally based around a Boke and Tsukkomi Routine.
- Gender-Blender Name: Sort of. While her name isn't a real name, it's a pun on "incubus", which is an exclusively male demon specifically the male counterpart to the succubus.
- Hellish Pupils: She has cat-like pupils, much like her sister. However, Student Info assures us they're contact lenses.
- Heroic BSoD: If Sakyu dies (and she doesn't witness it), she'll spend her free time for the rest of the game sitting alone on the roof mourning her big sister.
- Humanoid Abomination: If the implications of Ambiguously Human above are true.
- Ice Queen: Largely an informed attribute at this point, but her interests page states that she dislikes friendship and likes solitude. (Family, however, is something she feels positively about).
- Little Sister Instinct: If Ayano murders Sakyu right in front of her, she'll attack Yan-chan with all the strength of a maxed-out Heroic student.
- Makeup Is Evil: Both she and her sister wear makeup and are rumored to be a succubus and vampire. Hers is more bright, though. Subverted, as there is no official word on whether they actually are supernatural creatures, and she and her sister haven't done anything evil as of yet.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Is she really a vampire? or is Oka just crazy? Well, considering Oka was right about communing with demons, maybe she shouldn't be dismissed so hastily.
- Ms. Exposition: YandereDev has said that this will be the Basu sisters' role in the finished game. They will carry out a set of conversations for the game discussing the history and lore of the school and the setting as a whole. However, if School Atmosphere drops low enough they might instead begin discussing more recent events...
- The Power of Love: As mentioned above, the Basu sisters are very close, and murdering one in front of the other is a good way to get your butt kicked.
- Punny Name: Her name is pronounced the same as "incubus" in Japanese. However, she's both female and rumored to be a vampire, not a succubus.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes berserk if you kill Sakyu Basu in front of her.
- Those Two Girls: The Basu sisters are often seen together. Also, Word of God says that they might be played as a Greek Chorus with a Boke and Tsukkomi Routine dynamic (with Inkyu being the boke).
The first student introduced into the gamenote to not be either a main character or one of the "Rainbow" dozen, and also the first to have a unique routine. She's a member of the Gaming Club and has a crush on clubmate, Ryuto Ippongo, which is stated to be mutual. She is in class 1-1 and has the "Phone Addict" personality type.
- Age Lift: Inverted. From her introduction through most of her development, she was in Class 3-1 or 3-2. But in October 2017, she was de-aged two years and put in Class 1-1 as part of Dev's attempt to even out class sizes. note
- Anime Hair: Her bangs are pink while the rest of her hair is dark brown.
- The Cameo: She's the mascot of indie Rhythm Game osu!. YandereDev somehow got permission from Dean "peppy" Herbert to include her in the game.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Her profile states that she has a crush on her club-mate, Ryuto, but can't work up the courage to tell him. She has no idea that he feels the same way about her.
- Curtains Match the Window: One of the only characters in the game so far who averts this.
- Everyone Can See It: According to Midori on мσм0кι's (non-canonical) SoundCloud account, Pippi and Ryuto are this.
- Failed a Spot Check: Her Friendship Task is asking Yan-chan to test a used copy of Yanvania: Senpai of the Night to see if the game crashes because of the disc or her console. Yan-chan assesses that the disc is scratched, which Pippi did not notice.
- Gamer Chick: She's in the Gaming Club, so this is a given. Before the August 18th, 2018 Build, she could often be found in the computer lab
and yes, she played the osu! video game. In later builds, she plays an augmented reality game with the rest of the Gaming Club during the morning and joins them in a JRPG game later in the afternoon.
- She also owns at least one console that she plays at home. You can help her confirm whether or not one of her game discs is defective.
- Just One More Level: She spends all her free time playing video games.
- Multicolored Hair: Pink in the front with the bangs, dark brown everywhere else.
- Otaku: She is obsessed with a virtual-reality game based on the in-universe anime "Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki." Her interests page shows that she also likes cosplay and anime in general.
- Phoneaholic Teenager: Has the "Phone Addict" persona as of the February 20th, 2018 build.
- The Power of Love: If Ayano murders Pippi's crush right in front of her, she'll come at Yan-chan with all the strength of a maxed-out Heroic student.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes apeshit if you kill Ryuto Ippongo her friend and secret crush in front of her.
- Shrinking Violet: She used to spend all her free time in the computer lab, and cannot bring herself to confess to the boy she loves. Yep, she fits.
- Unstoppable Rage: Kill Ryuto in her view, and you will find that she is quite capable of breaking her foot off in your ass in retaliation.
The eleventh girl to be introduced into the gamenote , she first appeared in the August 2015 build but was known to players before then due to her being a sounding board for YandereDev to consider and shoot down ideas. She's in the Gaming Club, is a Phone Addict, and has emerald green hair and eyes. She is known for asking obvious questions and is almost always seen with her phone.
- All There in the Manual: Her routine in the debug builds before October 2017 was a lack of one she headed to the roof immediately after arriving at schoolnote and then just stood there all day, never going to class or even moving from her spot unless prompted. Players who looked into the game files discovered that she was assigned to a class: specifically, Class 1-1note .
- As of October 2017, she attends class 3-1. Whether this is a permanent change remains to be seen since Dev has also mentioned the idea of Midori being a roof sentry during class time.
- Arch-Enemy: Not in the game itself, as they don't interact in it, but in works by their shared voice actress, мσм0кι, Midori Gurin and Oka Ruto are always at odds with each other, especially in this video, showing "Magical Girl Pretty Midori" going up against the evil sorceress Oka.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: The Student Info reveals that she has a bad habit of asking foolish questions, greatly irritating her classmates and teachers, likely as a reference to her role as the Audience Surrogate in the developer videos.
- Audience Surrogate: In YandereDev's videos, she acts as the voice of the fanbase (such as suggesting "solutions" to his Schedule Slip, pointing out Acceptable Breaks from Reality, or slapping him out of his funk). This doesn't prevent her from getting killed on multiple occasions.
- Berserk Button: Midori loves the Gaming Club and does not take kindly to anyone insulting it. YandereDev calling it "background decoration" causes her to snap (see below).
- Beware the Silly Ones: In the update videos, Midori generally reacts to YandereDev getting angry at her with, at most, sadness (even crying at one point). So it's somewhat jarring to see her trying to stab him because he called her club "background decoration" in the mid-April 2016 video.
- She can snap a photo of Ayano if she sees Yan-chan kill someone or disturb a body and then upload that photo onto the internet (causing an instant Game Over), making her something of a sentry for the hallways, not unlike the Photography Club at low atmosphere.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Has one with YandereDev himself in the update videos, with Midori - of course - playing the boke.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Her routine has been updated to give her a new idle animation. In it, she texts on her phone and talks out loud to herself about the e-mails that she's sending to some game developer who is almost certainly YandereDev getting them from her from inside the game. This has been removed since her new routine was added in August 2018.
- YanDev has stated that if she were to become a DLC rival, this ability would come with her, making her very challenging since she knows how the game works and that you plan on killing her.
- Butt-Monkey: Is nearly as much of one as Kokona.
- The August 1st 2015 video, which debuts her character model, shows her having water dumped on her.
- When formally introduced in the next build, two weeks later, she lacked a set pathway or routine although you could talk to her, unlike Rival-chan, Nasu, or the teachers. She stands still on the roof next to a mop, bucket, utility sink, and knife. That's right. The Dev introduced her to the game at that point just so she could be murdered and the bucket filled with her blood dumped on unsuspecting students below.
- She's been killed at least twice in-game in the Dev's build videos (and no fewer than four times outside of the game, in both update and non-update videos). While one can maybe justify the Dev stabbing her after that time she tried to kill him, most of her other deaths are just cruel.
- In the mid-February 2016 update video, the Dev uses her to demonstrate the "carry-a-corpse" and dismemberment mechanics (though he also uses the latter on Kokona at the end).
- One of the computers in the new Gaming Club contains a fighting game. Guess who's in it and guess what happens to her? Answer
- If Yan-chan prays to Mr. Jazzy Feet, the Turtle God can spawn one of two Victims on whom she can try out various killing methods over and over again. The female victim? Yup, Midori (the male victim is Ryuto).
- The video for the mid-August 2016 build showcases the ability to repeatedly attack students at low sanity by bashing Midori's skull in with a bat over and over and over and over
- Catchphrase: In the developer videos, she always announces her appearance with "YandereDev, YandereDev!", which frustrates the Dev himself to no end.
- Color Motif: She has green hair and green eyes. Uniquely for this game, she also has green stockings and green panties. Her cellphone is green too, and she is said to prefer green-colored foods and drinks. Take a guess as to what her name means (or don't, as it's explained below).
- Disproportionate Retribution: Love or hate her, she's still basically being killed (albeit with one of an army of clones replacing her each time, if the ending of one video is to be believed) for sending YandereDev too many e-mails. Mind you, it's because unnecessary e-mail is one of his major Berserk Buttons, but still. Especially considering our protagonist is a straight-up psychopath.
- The Ditz: The developer clarified on Twitter that her stupidity is not an act."Midori is just very, very stupid."
- The Dog Bites Back: After being berated, insulted, and killed dozens of times, Midori finally snaps when YandereDev calls her beloved Gaming Club a "background decoration", and tries to stab him. It doesn't end well for her.
- Dumbass Has a Point:
- Despite her usual idiotic questions, during one of the update videos, she manages to bring up a genuinely good point, asking why students would continue to come to a school with a serial killer on the loose. After dismissing the question as being stupid, YandereDev realizes he doesn't have a good answer and is stuck using Bellisario's Maxim.
- Midori also asked an important question in the Delinquent update video. Why does the school have an incinerator? Unlike the previous question, YandereDev has an answer. Answer
- On the Internet, she asks about the meaning of the school symbol, which became a big headscratcher at the time. Compare to the alleged "proper" question from Sakyu; few fans cared much about the age of a tree.
- Midori gets him again during the discussion about an inventory system where Yan-chan keeps everything up to her skirt. YandereDev is once again stumped."But, YandereDev, YandereDev! What happens when Yandere-chan is wearing pants? What happens when Yandere-chan is naked? What happens if the player chooses to make the protagonist a male?"
- Expendable Clone: She might be this, depending on whether or not you accept the skit at the end of the March 2017 Progress update video as canon.
- In June 2017's "The Origin of Midori Gurin", YanDev referenced the March video as his desire to turn Midori's ability to return from the dead from just a Running Gag into something more interesting and twisted. He also stated that if the final game were to sell well and fans wanted more, Midori (like Kokona) would be a good candidate for a DLC rival because the combination of her resurrection ability and her probable innate knowledge of the game (thanks to her asking Dev all those questions) would make her difficult to eliminate.
- Expy: Originally one for Tsuruya from the Haruhi Suzumiya series, which is where she got her early Fan Nickname, "Churuya". However, she quickly evolved beyond that.
- Gamer Chick: Like Pippi, she is part of the Gaming Club and seems to be very passionate about it.
- Genki Girl: She has been shown to have an extremely happy-go-lucky personality. This is true in the game (where she used to spend all her time texting someone, presumably YandereDev), in the development videos, and especially the music video made by her voice actress.
- Hidden Depths:
- мσм0кι's (non-canonical) SoundCloud account delves more into her character. For example, Midori thinks that Pippi and Ryuto's mutual crushes on each other are a case of Everyone Can See It, and the Will They or Won't They? aspect of it annoys her. This is surprisingly lucid for Midori.
- Also according to Mom0ki, she's secretly a Magical Girl.
- Plus, she's able to officiate rap battles and knows about Ayano's hammerspace where all her weapons (chainsaw included) are hidden.
- Hypocritical Humor: Midori hates it when people send YandereDev annoying emails, yet she does it all the time.
- Innocently Insensitive:
- Her characterization in the development videos involves her being blind to the fact that YandereDev needs people to stop asking him questions or giving suggestions.
- One piece on her SoundCloud has Oka pitch the Occult Club, only for Midori to pipe up that she's already in a club and that she doesn't know who'd join a club about occult stuff anyway. You know it's bad when Oka is chewing you out.
- In the Blood: YanDev has said her parents are just as dumb and prone to asking annoying questions.
- Invincible Hero: She could become this if she is chosen as a DLC Rival when the game is completed as Midori would have a wide supply of clone bodies and have extensive knowledge of the game. Possibly making her the game's most challenging rival to eliminate.
- It's Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Her last name is pronounced 'Gu-RIIN', like how a Japanese person would pronounce the English word 'green'. Thanks to YouTubers, many fans incorrectly pronounce it "Gu-RI-nu". Mom0ki did this as well, but her mispronunciation was a joke and Shout-Out to Let's Player Jay from the Kubz Scouts.
- Literal-Minded: One video ends with her finally getting the hint and showing a bug to YandereDev... a ladybug, that is.
- Meaningful Name: "Midori" means "green" in Japanese, and "Gurin" (グリーン) is how Japanese would pronounce the English word. So her name is literally "Green Green".
- Phoneaholic Teenager: In the development videos (and also here), Midori is frequently seen emailing the Dev questions about the game on her phone. She used to have a unique idle animation
where she's texting him from within the game!"I wonder if he already answered this on the FAQ? I'll ask him anyway!"
- The "Bullies and Phone Addicts" update makes this aspect of her personality dangerous since she has her cellphone out all the time, she would think to use its camera to snap a picture of Ayano at the scene of a crime and then run off while uploading it to the internet, which would give Yan-chan an instant Game Over.
- Take That, Audience!: Her characterization is one towards the game's Fan Dumb, specifically those who waste YandereDev's time with silly questions. Doesn't stop her from being one of the most popular characters in the game, or people from roleplaying as her.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Continually comes back despite being murdered by YandereDev in almost every appearance she's made. this is because there's a lab full of clones of her, and one is released every time the previous one dies
- This Loser Is You: See Take That, Audience! just above.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Has shades of this in some of the developer's update videos, like the one where she decides to stab the Dev after he insulted her club, she changes her mind once she learns her club has been given a purpose, makes up a bad lie on the spot once he sees the knife, and then gives him the knife when he asks for it.
- In her music video, she says she wants to be made a rival despite knowing full-well what that entails.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves anything green, of course.
- Unwanted Assistance: Her appearance in development videos involves her constantly offering unwanted advice. As time goes on, YandereDev gets more and more hostile towards her
although he did murder her offscreen in her very first appearance, it took him nearly twenty minutes to snap. By March 2017 she barely got a sentence out before he retaliated.Midori: So, like, yeah. I just saw your latest video, and I came up with an idea and I wanted to suggest it to you, and also wanted to ask a few questions about
YanDev: Shut. Up. [stabs Midori in the face]
- Yandere: It has been increasingly implied in development videos that she's one for YandereDev himself. For example, her reaction upon waking up at the end of the March 2017 Progress Report.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In some builds, she wears dark green stockings. She's a Grade A.
A pink-haired student with a bust that rivals Kokona's. She was added in the mid-November 2015 build and is a reference to a Twitter conversation with the developer wherein he claimed he was a pink-haired Japanese schoolgirl with large breasts. She's in the Gaming Club (naturally) and is one of only eight students thus far (Summer 2019) to have a crush on someone other than Senpai.note She is in class 1-2.
- Buxom Is Better: Hers is just as big as Kokona's.note
- Eye Colour Change: Her eyes, originally pink, now gradually cycle through the rainbow. You can see this up close by pointing the camera at her. Pink is still her default, however, as shown by her profile picture
and/or dismembering her.
- Then again, YandereDev stated in a Reddit post that her real eye color is something more mundane like black or brown, just like her hair.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Is very feminine and is stated to enjoy cooking.
- Gag Boobs: Has them to fit with her being a gag character.
- Gamer Chick: Part of the Gaming Club and is apparently dating (or wants to date) a game developer. However, she averts the tomboyishness and outspokenness that is usually associated with this trope.
- Girlfriend in Canada: A rare gender inversion of the trope. She has sworn her heart to an unnamed game developer who lives overseas.
- Kawaiiko: Her previous profile stated that people see her as "moë", "kawaii", and "deredere".
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She has a reputation for being a sweet girl, and her Interests page states that she likes cats.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: She has the longest hair of anyone in the game and has a reputation as cute, sweet, kind, and attractive.
- Longing Look: She used to spend much of her time on the roof, gazing off into the distance and thinking about her lover.
- Parody Sue: She's got long pink hair, huge breasts, rainbow eyes, and everyone loves her because she's so cute but sorry, she only loves an overseas independent game developer (who isn't YandereDev at all).
- Phoneaholic Teenager: Ever since the August 1st, 2018 Build, her personality is "Phone Addict". If that is not enough to prove it, she spends most of her free time playing an augmented reality game with her fellow club members.
- Punny Name: Her name references the "waifu" term used by Otaku. Of course, she has admirers and has sworn her heart to a game developer overseas, who isn't based off YandereDev, honest!
- Averted in "LoveSick Mode" where her last name is Wakabayashi, a normal Japanese family name.
- Rapunzel Hair: Is stated to have the longest hair of any girl in the game (only Saki, Osana, and Kiba come close); it's down to her knees. Somehow that doesn't stop you from being able to take panty shots of her from behind.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Bubblegum-pink hair, and is admired for being moë.
- Shrinking Violet: She had a "Loner" persona and spent most of her free time on the roof, far away from everyone. Try to take a photo of her without being in the Photography Club in old builds, she'd give you a terrified look and hide her face.
- Tareme Eyes: Her eyes were visibly shaped differently from the other students'◊ as of the 9/1/2017 update.
- Taken out of the game a few days later due to insane texture bugs, but returned once Dev figured out how to make different facial structures work.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Word of God has stated that her favorite food is strawberries.
A first-year student with a striking hairstyle and a substantial figure. Of all the in-game characters introduced in the debug builds, she's the most developed outside of Ayano herself due to her status as the test rival. She's a Social Butterfly and a member of the Drama Club as of August 18th, 2018. She was in class 3-2 for a while and sat next to Senpai.
Note that because she is a test rival (and therefore will not be one in the final gamenote ), there is a likelihood that some or all of her backstory and many of her associated tropes could be transferred to proper rivals later in development.
- Abusive Parents: Subverted. Eavesdropping on a conversation between her and Saki makes it sound like her father is an abusive drunkard; he is actually confronting her about domestic abuse reveals that all he does is cry about his problems, which stresses her out but is far less severe than what her earlier conversation implied.
- Ascended Extra: An unusual meta example. YandereDev said many times that Kokona was only supposed to be a test dummy, and in the final game would either be a background character or dropped entirely. He never expected the fanbase to become so attached to her, to the point that several people begged him to keep her around. Thus, he used his May 2017 Kokona Retrospective video to discuss ways to give her some sort of role in the final game like making her the unwilling victim of Kizana's friendship task, being the game's mechanic tutorial (and possible Unwitting Instigator of Doom), or even being a post-story DLC rival. Or all of those things.
- Batter Up!: After hearing one too many taunts from Musume, Kokona snaps and violently beats her to death with a baseball bat.
- Berserk Button: In this video, Kokona becomes angry when she discovers that Musume is not only the daughter of the loan shark extorting her father but a Spoiled Brat who isn't even grateful for the expensive things he's bought her using the money he's gotten from his victims (Kokona's dad included). What really causes her to flip out and fly into a murderous rage, though, is when Musume mocks her and her father's situation, managing to slut-shame and victim-blame her in the process.
- Butt-Monkey: Hoo boy. The Dev decided in May 2015 to make her the test rival , so all subsequent elimination methods in the debug builds specifically involve her. She's the general victim of a lot of bad things in the game.
- Even after her role as test dummy officially ended at the end of September 2016, a few 2017-era update videos from the Dev still had her being murdered for old time's sake
and he showed storyboards for one last elimination method that will feature Kokona, but said he won't program it in until after Osana is further along.
- September 30th, 2017: He unveiled it. It involves manipulating a rival to commit murder. As noted above, Kokona is sent through the emotional wringer in a very short amount of time.
- Even after her role as test dummy officially ended at the end of September 2016, a few 2017-era update videos from the Dev still had her being murdered for old time's sake and he showed storyboards for one last elimination method that will feature Kokona, but said he won't program it in until after Osana is further along.
- Buxom Is Better: She has the largest chest size of any student in the game.note
- The Chew Toy: From April 2015 to September 2016, the Dev used her to show off new features in the game. By this, we mean that every time he came up with a new method of murder, Kokona was the guinea pig. At one point, he even referred to her as "everyone's favorite punching bag".
- Color Motif: Purple hair, eyes, stockings, and panties. She also finds purple hair on guys desirable.
- Compensated Dating: If you listen to her phone call, she's involved in something that gives her lots of money but that she's ashamed of and possibly criminal. After hearing it, her profile gets updated to "Maybe engaging in compensated dating in Shisuta Town" as well.
- Composite Character: Due to being used to test out mechanics, blackmail included, she is one for at least two rivals.
- She was in the Cooking Club in the earlier debug builds and is a Nice Girl, not unlike Amai Odayaka, the club's president, who is absent during the first week. Her look is (intentionally or not) very similar to that of Kizana Sunobu, the president of the Drama Club.
- The visual similarity between the two characters, coupled with their polar opposite personalities, eventually caused YanDev a massive headache. He released this video that went into technical detail on Kokona's existence and his available options on how to rectify the situation. One option, which he dismissed due in part to anticipated blowback, would have been to make Kokona and Kizana one and the same.
- She was in the Cooking Club in the earlier debug builds and is a Nice Girl, not unlike Amai Odayaka, the club's president, who is absent during the first week. Her look is (intentionally or not) very similar to that of Kizana Sunobu, the president of the Drama Club.
- Daddy's Girl: Given how worried she sounds when talking about him, and the fact that she's willing to engage in Compensated Dating (and maybe worse) just to help him, Kokona seems to be very close to her father. Makes sense, considering
- Dark and Troubled Past: The only classmate with it in the debug builds.
- Dark Secret: Judging by her conversation with Saki Miyu and her phone call, she seems to have two. They're actually different facets of the same problem, which you'll only learn if you Befriend her.
- From her conversation with Saki, her dad seems to be abusing her, possibly sexually. Turns out that's not true, as her father is in deep debt to a loan-shark.
- From her conversation on the phone, she's engaged in Compensated Dating and is very ashamed of it, yet can't resist the money. See the preceding bullet-point for why.
- D-Cup Distress: She doesn't usually talk about it but, when pressed, she tells Yan-chan that her uniform is too tight around the chest and she cannot afford to buy a larger one. Yan-chan can obtain a new uniform and alter it for her to gain her trust.
- When taunted about it by Musume, she protests that she never asked for her body to be the way it is, clearly offended at the stereotype of "large chest = promiscuous".
- The Dreaded: There used to be a bug in the game some time ago that caused her to be this. It was triggered in one of two similar ways set her on fire while she's in the middle of an uninterruptable action like stepping into the bath, or set her on fire while she's at the fountain and then immediately trigger the courtship minigame before she finishes burning. Either way, once her action was over, she would be alive and resume her normal routine, but everyone else in the game would treat her as if she were a corpse, meaning they would adopt a terrified stance and run away from her. The cops would declare her dead, but she would be back at school the next day.
- Driven to Suicide: In the "Friendship, Gossip, and Bullying" development video. She's bullied so much by the other students over being caught engaged in enjo-kōsai that she hangs herself.
- Eating the Eye Candy: As of the Matchmaking update, she'll noticeably admire boys who have something she finds attractive. These traits are listed under Has a Type below.
- Expy: Looks quite a bit like Kasane Teto, though her hair is the wrong shade of purple (Teto's is redder) and she's considerably more stacked than most depictions of the UTAU chimera.
- Failed a Spot Check: Does not notice if Ayano takes a picture of her with her stolen phone.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Kokona was part of the Cooking Club in the early debug builds, and on Monday, she used to have an event where she made octopus hotdogs for her friends (the Rainbow Six girls, who have since been removed from the game). Yan-chan could then steal the knife once she was done and use it to frame her for murder.
- Has a Type: The Matchmaking update reveals her preferences. In particular, she's attracted to intelligence. She also likes glasses, piercings, purple hair, and slicked back hairstyles. You can tell her suitor this so that he can change his appearance and mannerisms.
- Hidden Depths: To a new player, she seems very much like an Ordinary High-School Student. You would never guess about her relationship with her father, her Missing Mom, her debt problems, her Compensated Dating... Yet she's one of the most developed characters in the debug builds.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Kokona is a sweet, friendly girl. She's also engaging in Compensated Dating, which doesn't technically need to involve sex, but usually does, and it's heavily implied that sex is involved in Kokona's case. Subverted when Kokona states in the "Driving your rivals to murder" that it only goes as far as dinner dates and there is no sex involved.
- Identical Stranger: Looks a lot like Kizana, but is otherwise unrelated. Some fans roll with the similarities and imagine that they're cousins or even sisters, despite Dev's assertions to the contrary.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Sure, she's not the first character to have twin-drills (counting preproduction, she's not even the first character in this game to have twin drills) but it still makes one wonder how much work she has to do to maintain them, especially given her situation.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Druelbozo once said that she tried hard to become popular, only to get bullied instead. As if she wasn't a Chew Toy already.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Taking her near the kitten reveals that she likes cats. She and Riku, her suitor, can bond over this.
- Mega Twintails: She has bright purple tornado drill pigtails.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died about a year before the start of the game, which has driven her father to alcoholism and caused a huge debt issue for her family.
- My God, What Have I Done?: In this video. As much as Musume had it coming, Kokona didn't exactly mean to kill her outright.
- Nice Girl: Confronting her about her issues reveals that she cares deeply about the people closest to her and went out of her way to keep them from worrying. Her motivation for engaging in Compensated Dating and selling her underwear? She's using the money to help her massively-in-debt father, who took out a shady loan to pay her tuition. Her biggest regret? Letting her best friend Saki become involved with her problems.
- Official Couple: With Riku Soma, if you go the Matchmaker route in the debug builds.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Before Mom0ki claiming the role, she had no permanent voice actress, so her various dialogue clips have different girls voicing her. The first conversation with her added to the game (in which she talks about her seemingly abusive dad) pegs her as a Fake American towards the end, her speech sounds distinctly English. Averted in all subsequent dialogue.
- Our Zombies Are Different: If you triggered the glitch described in The Dreaded above, she would be considered dead by every NPC in the game, and they would freak out when they saw her - but she looked and acted no different than normal.
- Rags to Riches: She comes from a poor household, not helped by her father's mountains of debt. That said, if you hook her up with Riku, he pays off her father's debts, and she becomes the girlfriend of a rich guy who - according to Word of God - would be more than happy to support her.
- The Rival: A temporary one. Because the debug builds lack an actual rival Osana's interactions are not yet completed Kokona is used to demonstrate all the things you will be able to do to them. In the final game, she won't like Senpai, though she has voiced lines to that effect.
- The developer has floated the idea of to help new players learn basic controls and mechanics without needing to consult any outside help the official demo having a sort of mini-tutorial, possibly connected to the Drama Club, with Kokona becoming the guinea pig yet again since her programming is already there. He further suggested this would likely be her function in his Kokona Retrospective.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes volcanic if you kill Riku Soma (after setting her up with him) or Saki Miyu in front of her.
- Running Gag: YandereDev stated that her being the perpetual victim started as just a silly running gag.
- She can get bullied because she was engaging in Compensated Dating and, according to Info-chan, sold her used panties to a boy from another school. After a certain point, her desk becomes covered with slurs and death threats.
- Musume taunts her about the Compensated Dating, and even accuses Kokona of using her chest to lure "customers". She pays for it with her life. It also crosses over with Victim Blaming because Musume also mocks the fact that Kokona's father is in serious debt to her father, to the point of suggesting he brought it on himself.
- Stalker with a Crush: Like Yan-chan, she admires Senpai from the shadows. Obviously, shes not as psychotic.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: After all the horrible things she has been subjected to for game-testing purposes, as of the Befriend/Betray* Update, Yan-chan has the opportunity to help deal with some loan sharks who are extorting her father. When she comes over to Yan-chan's house the next morning to say thanks, Kokona will willingly leave Senpai be if asked (but of course, Yan-chan can also deal with her during the cutscene).
- Now that Matchmaking is available, she can also be paired up with Riku Soma. Better yet, he comes from a wealthy family and will gladly pay off her father's debts (as per Word of God).
- As of the end of September 2016, all non-rival-specific elimination methods had been implemented into the game; the next two methods required Osana. Thus Dev announced that, after eighteen months of torture, Kokona had earned a break. He imagined this exchange between the two when shown a screencap of them meeting:Kokona: "Oh thank goodness you're finally here! I've been waiting FOREVER for someone to replace me! Have fun being the rival! I'm free now! FREEEEE!" [skips away triumphantly]
- Soon afterward, all elimination methods that are not explicitly rival-specific were modified so that they could be used on any student - not just Kokona. At last, she is no more likely to be murdered than anyone else.
- The Tragic Rose: After being moved to the Drama Club, she sports the rose in her hair that all members of that club have. She's also a Nice Girl Chew Toy who has recently experienced a terrible Trauma Conga Line.
- Trauma Conga Line: Her mother has passed away, her father is a drunk who is in huge debt to loan sharks, and she's being roped into something she isn't proud of to support her father. And that's before going into what Ayano can do to her.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: With her retirement as the game's test rival in preparation for Osana's debut running smack up against her unexpected popularity, YandereDev has on several occasions including in his video "The Curious Case of Kokona Haruka" from May 2017 toyed with giving her a final plot-relevant role as a nod to her importance in early development: Before the game proper begins, she will be in the Drama Club and ask Ayano to rehearse scenes with her for an upcoming play about a serial killer who gets away with murder. This allegedly gives Yan-chan the idea to kill her rivals. More importantly, it would serve as the game's tutorial.
- You Do Not Want To Know: Is told this by Yan-chan, so that she decides not to ask how her new friend convinced a loan shark to release all of his clients, including her father.
- Cats Are Superior: She's a Smug Snake, and she loves cats.
- Everyone Has Standards: Yanderedev has stated that despite her rivalry with Kizana, she will not want her dead at the beginning of the game.
- The Prima Donna: Like Kizana, she is an Alpha Bitch of the stage. Unlike Kizana, she is not quite so "Alpha."
- Social Climber: Her dream is to become the most famous performer in Japan.
- Tsurime Eyes: Has them, as befitting her arrogant personality.
She was introduced in mid-November 2015 build as a member of the Martial Arts Club. Like all martial artists, she has a Heroic persona. She has short brown hair and eyes and wears a white headband. She is in class 2-1 with Ayano.
- Action Girl: She's a member of the Martial Arts Club and has a Hero persona. Mina is also one of the strongest members of the club, after its leader Budo.
- Boyish Short Hair: Well, long hair would make it more difficult to practice martial arts.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Demonstrates the flip side of this; she is a tomboyish Action Girl who is stated to dislike cooking.
- Martial Arts Headband: Like the rest of the Martial Arts Club members, she wears a white headband.
- Meaningful Name: Minarai (見習い) is Japanese for "apprentice" or "disciple", which accurately describes her position as the second strongest in the club.
- Miko: She holds this position at her family's shrine and is learning martial arts to protect them after they were threatened by thugs.
- Token Religious Teammate: She's Yandere Simulator's second confirmed religious student, as she's a follower of Shinto and works as a shrine maiden at a local shrine.
- Action Girl: She's weaker than Mina but can still put up a fight against Yan-chan.
- Awesome, but Impractical: She continually frustrates Budo because she insists on using flashy Wrestler in All of Us moves instead of actual martial arts.
- Boyish Short Hair: Keeps it short, probably for the same reasons as Mina, though it used to be longer.
- Idiot Hair: As of mid-February 2016, she's got one. It may be a reference to her weakness, showing that you don't need to take her seriously.
- Martial Arts Headband: Wears one. It's a theme with the Martial Arts Club.
- Punny Name: Hers may be a play on words shita (下) means "below" or "under", which makes a good deal of sense considering her position as one of the least skilled members of the club. Her full name could be read in several different ways.
- Wrestler in All of Us: She loves wrestling, and wanted to create a wrestling club before joining the martial arts club.
One of the Occult Club members introduced in the January 1st, 2016 build, who can easily be identified by her pigtails with skull clips and a medical eye-patch on her right eye. She is in Class 2-2 and has the "Coward" persona.
- Expy: Her character modeler has confirmed that her appearance was based on Marie from Skull Girls.
- Eye Scream: She claims the eye-patch is for medical reasons, but she doesn't elaborate beyond that. As such, some people think she's lying.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears her dark blue hair in pigtails, with skull-shaped clips.
- Punny Name: Her name is an attempt to Japanify the pronunciation of "supernatural".
- Signature Headgear: She sports a pair of skull clips that keep her pigtails together, fitting for a member of the Occult club. According to Druelbozo, they can change their expression.
A member of the Occult Club introduced in the January 1st, 2016 build. She is identified by her short dark blue hair and a bandage around her right eye. She is a Coward assigned to Class 1-2.
- Abusive Parents: May or may not have a physically abusive father.
- Supported by the fact that she is stated to have a negative opinion of family.
- Bandage Babe: Interestingly, her hairstyle is similar to that of Kuu Dere, the game's resident Rei Ayanami Expy.
- Cut Himself Shaving: She says that her eye was injured from an unfortunate encounter with a wild animal, but a rumor's going around that her father is responsible.
- Expy: for Kobushi Abiru from Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei.
- Eye Scream: Wears a bandage around her eye and claims it's from a wild animal. However, a rumor says it's from her father beating her.
- Punny Name: Kokumajutsu (黒魔術) means "black magic".
A rich but kind member of the Photography Club and is best friends with Beruma Dinkuri. She has the Sleuth persona.
- Childhood Friends: With Beruma Dinkuri, below.
- The Fashionista: Dafuni cares a lot about her appearance.
- Girly Bruiser: Is both a Girly Girl and an Action Girl; her femininity won't stop her from hunting down a murderer.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Has long, well-groomed hair to symbolize her Girly Girl nature, in contrast to Tomboy Beruma's Boyish Short Hair.
- Punny Name: Daphne Blake.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes feral if you kill a member of the Photography Club in front of her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly girl to Beruma's tomboy.
A studious member of the Photography Club and is best friends with Dafuni Bureiku. She has the Sleuth persona, meaning that she will change from being Social Butterfly-esque when the school atmosphere is high to investigating every student and reacting to murder like a Phone Addict when it's low. Getting away with murder while leaving her as a witness will have her (and the entire photography club) switch to the Stalker persona.
- Badass Bookworm: Beruma is very intelligent, but if you attack the other members of the photography club, she will try to restrain you, and if the school atmosphere drops, she will try her best to find the culprit for the disappearances and deaths of the students.
- Boyish Short Hair: She's a hardworking, nerdy Badass Bookworm, and her hair is relatively short.
- Childhood Friends: With Dafuni Bureiku.
- Forgets to Eat: She sometimes gets so invested in her studies that she forgets to take care of herself.
- Nerd Glasses: Wears rectangular ones, just like Velma.
- Punny Name: Velma Dinkley.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: She goes feral if you kill a member of the Photography Club in front of her.
- The Smart Girl: She is the most intelligent member of the Photography Club.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Dafuni's girly girl.
- Caring Gardener: She loves plants.
- Cloudcuckoolander: See that giant flower in her hair? Amid questioning by fans whether it was real or fake, YanDev hedged and gave two possible explanations
- It's fake because she loves plants so much she would never intentionally harm one.
- It's real, but she justifies it because she "asked the plant's permission first".
- Cool Big Sis: She is nicknamed "Big Sister" because she is so caring.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Says this almost verbatim if you fail at the pickpocketing QTE."I don't know what you're trying to do, but if it's supposed to be a joke, it's not funny."
- Flowers of Nature: Like all the other members of the Gardening Club, she wears a flower in her hair to symbolize her love of nature.
- Implied Love Interest: While she is not a rival (largely because she and Senpai don't interact or even know each other), Word of God has stated that if none of the rivals (or Ayano) existed, Senpai would probably end up with her eventually.
- Meaningful Name: Her name (植木屋園芸家) basically translates to "Gardener Gardener". note
- Not Good with People: YandereDev has considered giving her this as Hidden Depths. The idea is she's been hurt enough times in the past that, deep down, she prefers working with plants rather than people. If true, this would also make her a Stepford Smiler.
A member of the gardening club. Pure and innocent, to the point where she never understands double entendres.
- Flowers of Nature: It's the Gardening Club's symbol.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Doesn't even understand innuendo.
- Meaningful Name: Her first name means 'Violet', going with her purple hair, and her last name means 'Bellwood'.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It was originally brown in the Pickpocketing update, but it was changed to purple when her routine was fully implemented.
A girl with incurable heart disease which will probably kill her before her thirties. She's in the gardening club to spend her remaining days peacefully, surrounded by flowers, which she finds comforting.
- Flowers of Nature: Hers is purple.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has two short pink pigtails.
- Ill Girl: Has a terminal heart condition and probably won't live to see 30.
- Meaningful Name: 'Sakura' means 'Cherry Blossom'. Her hair is the color of cherry blossoms, and she's in the Gardening Club. Cherry trees also don't bloom for long, and their flowers are thus associated with ephemeral beauty. Sakura is also destined to not live for that long.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Pink hair, and the sweetest girl you'll ever meet.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It was brown before she was fully implemented, but it's pink now.
A deeply spiritual girl who's fascinated by Japanese history and the religion of Shinto.
- Flowers of Nature: Hers is white.
- Meaningful Name: Tsubaki means 'Camellia', and 'Uesugi' means 'Cedar Tree'.
- Token Religious Teammate: She's Yandere Simulator's only confirmed religious character, other than Mina, as she believes in Shintoism.
A bright and cheerful girl known for her (sometimes overbearing) friendliness and loyalty.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If she sees you murder anyone, she will try to apprehend you.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She has a long ponytail on the left side of her head.
- Flowers of Nature It's blue.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde and a very nice person.
- Honor Before Reason: She has the Heroic persona, meaning she'll attempt to take down Yan-chan with her bare hands rather than running away and calling the cops.
- Meaningful Name: Sunflower, referencing both her hair color and her sunny nature.
- Undying Loyalty: Called out by name in her Student Info entry.
Akademi High's resident band, the Strawberry Thieves. They spend most of their downtime in out-of-the-way spots practicing their instruments, which allows them both to be loud without being obnoxious and catch any yandere behavior out of the other students' sights.
Tropes common with all of them:
- Multicoloured Hair: Most of them have multiple shades in their hair.
- Punny Name: Most of their names reference their positions in the band.
- Signature Headgear: As members of the Light Music Club, all of them have a different music-themed hairclip.
- Anime Hair: Black with hot pink streaks. So perhaps more punk than anything.
- Broken Bird: If one of her bandmates is killed, she will immediately disband the club without explanation. The next day, she will have removed all her rocker elements, stopped socializing with others, and will spend her time on the rooftop looking mournful.
- Expy: Her energetic personality, black-and-pink hair, and being punk associated with light music sounds an awful like like Ibuki Mioda.
- Genki Girl: She used to be shy. Now, she's outgoing and energetic.
- Parental Neglect: According to Word of God, her parents rarely interact with her or acknowledge that she exists. They haven't even realized that their daughter changed her appearance and personality.
- Punny Name: Her name is Engrish for "Musician".
- Shrinking Violet: Who she was before she took over the club. She will go back to this persona if one of her bandmates is killed.
- Mega Twintails: She has a messy pair of black twin tails.
- Multicoloured Hair: Has a large green patch in her fringe.
- Punny Name: "Gita" is a Japanese-style pronunciation for "guitar", and the second name, Yamahato, is an obvious reference for Yamaha brand of musical instruments.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: She can play almost any instrument...
- Master of None: ...But none to a professional level.
- Multicolored Hair: Mostly sky blue, with around a third of it dyed green.
- Punny Name: "Beshi" is "Bass" pronounced in a Japanese way, and Takamine is a brand of musical instruments that releases guitars and basses.
- Shout-Out: Her mostly blue with patches of green hair may be a reference to Earth-Chan.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Punny Name: "Dora" would be short for "Doramu", Japanese pronunciation for "drum", and "Tamamoto" refers to Tama drumkit brand.
- Stage Fright: She becomes shy when too many people look at her, so she prefers to play her drums at the back of the stage.
- Multicolored Hair: Silver and deep purple.
- Punny Name: "Kiba" is a modified "Kiboodo", which is "Keyboard" pronounced as Japanese people would do, and "Kawaito" is derived from Kawai keyboard instruments brand.
- Rapunzel Hair: Tied in a long ponytail. She probably has the second-longest hair in the game, behind Osana and Saki and being surpassed by Mai.
An eccentric girl who doesn't care what others think of her. She has the social butterfly persona and is incapable of self-defense. Does abstract artworks that only really make sense to herself. She spends her time in the halls outside the Science Club, drawing the boxes that sit on a table outside.
- Book Dumb: 'School' and 'Reading' are among her dislikes, so probably.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: An eccentric girl who makes abstract artworks.
- Gamer Girl: She feels positive about video games.
- Punny Name: Maka=Marker.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Hers is colored green.
An anime-obsessed girl who didn't quite fit in with the Photography and Gaming clubs, so she settled for the art club. She spends all her time drawing Fan Art of anime and manga characters. She sits outside the Gaming Club, drawing the anime figurines there.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She feels positive about cosplay, and with her anime obsession, she probably tried it herself.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She thinks positively of both cats and justice.
- Meaningful Name: Efude Nurimono translates to 'Paintbrush Paint'.
- Otaku: She spends her time drawing fanart of anime and manga characters.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's a very dark shade, but blue nonetheless.
A cold and emotionless young woman who is building a replica of herself in the Science Club. Some presume she is motivated by narcissism, but others think she is attempting to build a replica of her dead twin sister. Her persona is Teacher's Pet.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Her twin sister passed away due to unknown circumstances, and it is rumored among the students that she is trying to build a robot duplicate of her.
- Emotionless Girl: Described as cold and emotionless.
- It's All About Me: One of her speculated motivations for creating a robot duplicate of herself.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Engrish of "Homunculus", usually used in fantasy to mean some kind of artificial human. Her Emotionless Girl nature also fits popular depictions of such people.
- Punny Name: Her name is Engrish for "Homunculus".
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Has short, bobbed gray hair, never expresses emotions, and her name is essentially Artificial Human. She's even working on a robot duplicate of herself.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Is possibly trying to do this to her deceased twin sister.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark grey with neon turquoise highlights that resemble Tron Lines.
A lifelong fan of Giant Robot anime, her dream is building a giant bipedal robot. She is presumably the one who chose the science club's activity. Her persona is Teacher's Pet.
- Gadgeteer Genius: A talented roboticist who has already built several small bipedal robots, and is aiming to go much bigger.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Inverted. Her interests tab reveal that she hates cats.
- Multicolored Hair: Gray with purple streaks.
- Punny Name: Meka Nikaru= Mechanical.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her theme color is purple.
- Teen Genius: She can already build articulated bipedal robots.
The girls of the Cooking Club, who visit every student to hand out snacks.
- Foil: To Seiyo Akanishi. While Seiyo adores western culture, Ajia despises it.
- Hidden Disdain Reveal: Subverted. According to YandereDev, due to Seiyo loving everything that Ajia hates, she secretly feels disdain for him. However, she would never openly express it.
A former senior-year student at school, who was in class 3-1. She's Kokona's best friend, a Social Butterfly, and a member of the Cooking Club. She prepares and hands out small pastries.
- Anime Hair: She has long twin tails, similar to Miku Hatsune, but Saki's twin tails have a distinctly corkscrew shape.
- Buxom Is Better: She has the second-largest breast size of any student in the game, after her best friend Kokona and Mai Waifu (whose chests are equally enormous).
- Expy: Her original hairstyle looked an awful lot like Miku Hatsune the current one does too, just not as blatantly. She even shares her name with Miku's voice provider, Saki Fujita (though that's a coincidence). Note though that, like with Kokona vs. Teto, Miyu-chan is noticeably bustier than the Vocaloid mascot.
- Foil: To Kenko Sukoyaka. While Kenko extols the virtues of healthy foods, Saki prefers sweets and other unhealthy items.
- Idiot Hair: Had a small ahoge from March 2017 until August 2018.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Her eyes are teal close enough to count and Kokona's speech about her suggests Saki is very innocent. So much so that Kokona feels awful about involving her in her problems.
- Nice Girl: All of her dialogs suggests she's one of the sweetest girls you'll meet.
- When her best friend Kokona isn't acting like she usually does, Saki takes her aside during lunch and asks what's wrong. When Kokona tells Saki her problem (part of it anyway), Saki shows nothing but concern for her friend and only wants to help.
- Before the Rainbow Students got removed, when word got out that Kokona engaged in Compensated Dating, Saki wasn't as quick to pile on as the rest of her friends, her reaction being stunned disbelief rather than immediate scorn."No...Kokona-chan... it's not true, is it?"
- If Ayano tries to spread a false rumor about a student, Saki immediately jumps in to set the record straight, which tanks Yan-chan's reputation."Wow, lame. Don't post stupid lies on the internet."
- The circumstances of how she lost her bra previously a Noodle Incident that pegged her as a ditz were revealed in the Befriend/Betraynote update. She heard about Kokona's money problem (though not the lengths to which Kokona was willing to go to fix it) and decided to try selling her underwear. However, she couldn't go through with it, panicked, and tried to toss her bra away. That's right, Saki is so nice perhaps to a fault that she's (almost) willing to sexually exploit herself to help her friend.
- Rapunzel Hair: Tied into corkscrew pigtails. She likely has the fourth-longest hair in the game, after Mai Waifu, Kiba Kawaito, and Osana Najimi.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Kill her best friend Kokona in front of her, and she will make you regret it.
- Sweet Tooth: Her biography was modified in August 2018 to say that she adores junk food and sweets, and yet curiously, never seems to get fat from it.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: They're authorized to carry pepper spray and restrain students with zip-tie cables, rather than someone like a school resource officer. And it's projected to get worse during Megami's week.
- Amazon Brigade: An all-girl student government with the duty of maintaining order in the school. The fact that they're all female created rumors that Megami Does Not Like Men.
- Anti-Hero Team: They are the student council and the main obstacle against Yandere-chan, second only the school teachers and guidance counselor. However, each of them has a dark secret, and most of them are morally questionable.
- Brought Down to Normal: For 25 info points, Info-chan can get one of the girls fired from the Student Council. She will lose her pepper spray and will no longer be immune to certain execution methods like immolation. This is presently only available in Mission Mode.
- Celibate Hero: They are immune to seduction. Even if your seduction stat is maxed out, which allows you to attract other female students, they will not be affected by it.
- Co-Dragons: From Yan-chan's perspective, they are this to Megami, who is a Hero Antagonist.
- Colorful Theme Naming: Each of their first names matches their hair color and corresponds to one of The Four Gods of Chinese mythology.
- For Kuroko, kuro means black, representing the Black Tortoise of the North.
- For Akane, aka means red, representing the Vermillion Bird of the South.
- For Aoi, aoi means blue, representing the Azure Dragon of the East.
- For Shiromi, shiro means white, representing the White Tiger of the West.
- Crazy-Prepared: They carry pepper spray and zip-ties to use on misbehaving students. If they see you coming with a weapon, they will use them to subdue and restrain you.
- Custom Uniform: They get their white blazers and skirts as perks of being members of the student council. Yan-chan herself can get the same outfit if she joins the council.
- Dark Secret: All of them are rumored to have some kind of sinister side, but the rumors have not yet proven to be true.
- Kuroko is said to secretly resent the fact that Megami took her position as the student council president.
- Akane's friendly persona is rumored to be nothing but a façade and her true personality is much different.
- Aoi and Megami are said to have been acquaintances for a long time, and Aoi's missing eye has something to do with Megami.
- Shiromi is said to do all sorts of dirty things for the student council, mainly finding out information about the other students.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: At first, it will be impossible to befriend them. But if your reputation is high enough, they may allow you to do favors for them, allowing you to gain the sixth spot on the Student Council.
- The Dreaded: All of them have the personality type "Dangerous", even the friendly Akane and eccentric Shiromi.
- Elite Four: The four most powerful students at the school, all loyal to the unquestioned leader of the student body, Megami Saikou.
- Expy: Like Megami being an Expy for Kiryuin Satsuki, they seem similar to the Elite Four and are her Morality Pets.
- Five-Man Band: When Megami is included, they fill the archetypes, albeit as Hero Antagonists instead of as heroes as protagonists.
- The Leader: Megami Saikou. She's in charge of the Council as the President and finalizes all major decisions. She also fits as doubling as The Hero since she is going up in a confrontation with Ayano.
- The Lancer: Kuroko Kamenaga. She is the Number Two as Vice-President. Also, her Dark Secret shows her relationship with Megami as being central to her character. Other than that, there are notable contrasts. Megami is passionate, extreme and Family is a Positive Topic for her. Kuroko is emotionally subdued, diplomatic and Solitude is a Positive Topic for her.
- The Big Guy: Aoi Ryugoku. Appropriately enough, she is known as the "Enforcer" of the Student Council. Her problem-solving consists of intimidation, if not outright violence. She's noted to be as strong as Budo Matsuda and Osoro Shidesu. It also fits that she's Hopeless with Tech, which adds to the archetype as fitting for Dumb Muscle characters.
- The Smart Guy: Shiromi Torayoshi. As the Student Council's Treasurer, she would be required to have good management skills. Additionally, Shiromi is noted to be the best with computers, which contrasts with Aoi. Though, it also fits with her role as an information gatherer. She's also a good manipulator since she's able to cause a fight between students whenever she needs a distraction.
- The Chick: Akane Toriyasu. As a secretary, she is called upon to be good at handling people. Otherwise, it should be noted that her emotions and relationships are very key to her character since her Dark Secret is whether or not she is truly a positive individual or if it's all an act.
- Sixth Ranger: Ayano Aishi, if the player chooses to join. Can turn into Sixth Ranger Traitor if the player uses the position to violently or underhandedly take out Megami.
- Foil: They are A Lighter Shade of Black to Musume and her Gang of Bullies, another five-member Girl Posse that rules the school.
- While the Student Council members use their power to maintain order in the school and protect the students, Musume's Girl Posse uses their popularity to get away with bullying unpopular students.
- The Student Council girls have unique designs and fleshed-out personalities; Musume and her friends dress and act almost identically, only differing in the ways they bully other students.
- The Student Council members dress in professional-looking Custom Uniforms, while the bullies wear many fashion accessories with their school uniforms, including hair clips, bracelets, and brightly dyed hair.
- The Student Council members are dangerous because they will hear you coming from farther away and can take you down instantly with pepper spray. The bullies are completely incapable of physical self-defense.
- The Four Gods: Their motif is the Four Gods of Chinese mythology. Kuroko represents the Black Tortoise, Akane represents the Vermillion Bird, Aoi represents the Azure Dragon, and Shiromi represents the White Tiger.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Kuroko (Melancholic - the most responsible one and formal at all times), Akane (Sanguine - friendly, gentle and ditzy... or not), Aoi (Choleric - prefers to use intimidation and violence to achieve her goals) and Shiromi (Phlegmatic - eccentric, perpetually calm and always smiling).
- Hates Being Touched: If you get too close to them, they will push you away.Kuroko: You're in my personal space.Akane: Sorry, dear! That's too close!Aoi: What are you up to? Back off!Shiromi: Nope.
- Morality Pet: For the stern and strict Megami. She cares about them and doesn't want to see them hurt.
- Mythical Motifs: They're named after the Four Gods of Chinese mythology and are designed after them. Kuroko represents the Black Tortoise, Akane represents the Vermillion Bird, Aoi represents the Azure Dragon, and Shiromi represents the White Tiger.
- No-Sell: Because they take their positions so seriously, they cannot be befriended like other students. They won't accept apologies, they don't care if you compliment them, they do not participate in gossip, they won't do favors for you, you can't give them snacks,, and they are immune to seduction. YandereDev has discussed the possibility of being able to do tasks for them in the future to get on their good sides, which will be instrumental in gaining a position on the Student Council.
- Not So Invincible After All: They are armed with pepper spray and will jump you if they see you coming with a weapon, and they have a wider range of vision than normal students, so they will see you coming from farther away. However, it is possible to kill them by sneaking up on them and stabbing them to death before they can react. Just be prepared for the consequences if you choose to do so... see Video Game Cruelty Punishment below.
- Odd Friendship: A stoic nerd, a friendly and outgoing nature lover, a Grumpy Bear, and a Cloudcuckoolander. Surprisingly, all four regard each other as friends.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: If you approach them with a weapon, they will yell, "Cease and desist!" or "Stop, you villain!" before pepper-spraying and restraining you with a zip-tie.
- Punny Name: All of their names are references to The Four Guardians of the Asian mythology - Kuroko Kamenaga (Black Tortoise), Akane Toriyasu (Red Bird), Aoi Ryugoku (Blue Dragon) and Shiromi Torayoshi (White Tiger).
- Red Armband of Leadership: They all wear them, setting them apart from the other clubs where only the leader wears one.
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: You can sneak up on and kill them. But if you do, Megami will be enraged and order additional security measures at the school, adding security cameras and metal detectors in the hallways. Besides, the school's Atmosphere will permanently drop to the lowest possible level, and the surviving Student Council members will even have a wider range of vision and almost instantly detect you doing anything suspicious. According to YandereDev, killing a member of the Student Council is equivalent to setting the game on the hardest difficulty mode.
- Weapon of Choice: Pepper spray, which they will use on you if they catch you with a weapon.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Akane is Grade B, Aoi is Grade A, and Shiromi is Grade D.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: She tends to adjust her glasses when irritated.
- Alliterative Name: Kuroko Kamenaga.
- Badass Bookworm: She wears nerdy glasses, and her topic interests reveal that she likes science, studying, and school. All the same, she can defend herself just as well as her friends.
- Demoted to Dragon: Megami beat her in this year's Student Council president election but asked her to stay on as vice-president.
- Force and Finesse: Finesse to Aoi's Force, Kuroko prefers to solve things with diplomacy and agreement rather than her fists.
- It's All My Fault: Whenever Kuroko finds a corpse, her reaction is to say: "No! How could I let this happen?!"
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Inverted. Her interests tab reveal that she hates cats.
- Meaningful Name: Kuroko (黒子) means "Black Child" and Kamenaga (亀永) means "Eternal Turtle".
- Number Two: She was acknowledged as the second-best person to be president and thus was offered the position of vice president. While Megami is away, Kuroko will be substituting as temporary president.
- The Resenter: Implied. There are rumors that she resents Megami for defeating her in the elections.
- The Stoic: She puts on a formal demeanor at all times, and it is said that she has never been seen laughing.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Smart enough to have been the former president of the Student Council.
- Animals Hate Her: According to YandereDev, she claims to love animals, but they all run away from her.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is described as a nice, friendly person, but she will still try to stop you if you do something bad, and her cheerful personality is implied to be an act.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Implied. There are rumors that she hides something more under that kind of facade.
- Dissonant Serenity: She has a happy, friendly face at all times. Even when witnessing a murder and pepper spraying the murderer into submission.
- Dude Magnet: She has many male admirers, even more than Mai Waifu. Luckily for you, Senpai is not one of them. Her strategy revolves around this, as she can end student conflict with her presence alone.
- Eyes Always Shut: The only character to have these.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. She's gentle and sweet, but there are rumors that she's a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing.
- Friend to All Living Things: She likes animals and nature.
- Head-Turning Beauty: Weaponised as one of her strategies. She can resolve student disputes by stopping to talk to them. The boys will immediately shy away and calm down since they don't want to embarrass themselves in front of her.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Inverted. Her interests tab reveal that she hates cats. This may also be a nod at the fact that animals run away from her.
- Meaningful Name: Akane (茜) means "Deep Red" and Toriyasu (鳥安) means "Peaceful Bird".
- Stepford Smiler: Another interpretation could be that her constant smiling and formal attitude hides something darker beneath.
- Aggressive Negotiations: Her preferred method of settling disputes is to intimidate the involved parties until they back down.
- Childhood Friends: Rumors have it that she and Megami have been acquainted with each other for a long time, suggesting they could be this.
- Eye Scream: Unlike most students who wear eye patches, she is genuinely missing her left eye. There are rumors that Megami might be involved with the loss of her eye.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one of these to hide her missing eye. Other students cover one of their eyes, but Aoi is the only one who is known to have a missing eye.
- Force and Finesse: The Force to Kuroko's Finesse, preferring to intimidate and use violence to restore order.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Her eyepatch is on her left eye. When facing her, she will not notice a weapon you are holding in your right hand.
- Grumpy Bear: Quite abrasive and rather rough when dealing with troublemakers.
- Hopeless with Tech: According to YandereDev, she is the worst with technology among the Student Council.
- Japanese Delinquents: Despite being on the student council, her behavior quite resembles that of a delinquent, from the way she walks and her preference for intimidation. The actual delinquents dislike and distrust her, however.
- Meaningful Name: Aoi (碧) means "Blue" and Ryugoku (龍獄) means "Dragon Prison", fitting for a person who likes justice.
- Slouch of Villainy: She has poor posture, which can be seen in her walking animation. Downplayed, as she is an Anti-Hero.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Her interests reveal that she likes cats, despite her gruff exterior.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is blue.
- Animal Motifs: Tigers, she's designed after the White Tiger, and her clothes are designed with white tiger stripes. She's also rumored to be a stalker towards the students. In fact, Yandere-Dev states that Shiromi has kissed a Bengal Tiger
- Apologetic Attacker: Shiromi says, "Sorry." to Yandere-chan while apprehending her if she was caught committing or attempting murder.
- Army Scout: She's rumored to be this for the student council, doing "dirty business" for the other council members and stalking the students for any evidence of law-breaking.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite her eccentricity, she is a member of the Student Council for a reason.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She is described as more than a little eccentric.
- Death Seeker: She was ready to die at a young age. If she's murdered, she responds with dignity and calmness rather than fear.
- Dissonant Serenity: Her perpetual calm demeanor makes her come off as unnerving at times.
- Divide and Conquer: Her strategy as a council member is to cause student arguments so she can search through their belongings while they're distracted.
- Do Wrong, Right: Catching Yandere-chan making trouble that doesn't involve murder causes Shiromi to call out Yandere-chan as "sloppy" and needing to be more careful before sending her to the counselor's office.
- Impossible Thief: In the future, if Yandere-chan walks by her with a stolen item on her person, Shiromi may steal the item and leave a cheeky note in its place.
- Meaningful Name: Shiromi (白美) means "White Beauty" and Torayoshi (虎吉) means "Tiger Luck".
- Perpetual Smiler: Always smiling regardless of the situation. Other students find this unsettling.
- Scarf of Asskicking: She wears one and is just as capable of dealing with Yandere-chan as the other members.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Implied. There are rumors that she stalks other students and records their conversations.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Her stockings and scarf are white with black tiger stripes, representing her position as the White Tiger of the Student Council.
- Token Evil Teammate: Perhaps not evil, but she is quite possibly the most morally ambiguous of the Student Council, spying on other students, deliberately starting fights, and discreetly collecting private information.
- The Trickster: She's the type to, rather than settle disputes, start them to create a distraction so she can investigate rumors closely.
Tropes All Bullies Have in Common
A group of students whose role is to bully anyone whose reputation drops too low. They are an unwitting ally to the player when they bully students whose reputation the player has deliberately lowered - but also a major obstacle if the player themself develops a low reputation. Their members are Musume Ronshaku, Kokoro Momoiro, Kashiko Murasaki, Hoshiko Mizudori, and Hana Daidaiyama. All of them are Phone Addicts, so if they witness a murder, they'll snap a photo and text it to the police while running away. If you don't stop them before their countdown timer ends, you'll get a Game Over since the police now have irrefutable evidence that you're a murderer.
- Alpha Bitch: They are all very popular and very cruel.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: The delinquents (along with any Spiteful student they have chosen as their victim) won't turn you into the police if they see you kill one of the bullies because they believe that the bullies had it coming.
- Asshole Victim: If you choose to make them victims.
- Bad is Good and Good is Bad: All of them have negative feelings about the concept of justice and positive feelings about violence, according to their profiles.
- Beauty Is Bad: They're as beautiful as they are cruel.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: All of them. They put on a facade of being sweet and polite, but they are all total assholes underneath.
- The Bully: Their entire reason for existing in the game. Most of the students (with a few exceptions) are too nice to bully people, the Occult Club is too cowardly, the Delinquents keep to themselves unless disturbed, and the Martial Arts club have sworn themselves to defend justice. So YandereDev implemented these girls to carry out the dirty work of the Bullying elimination method.
- Bully Brutality: Not currently (as programmed, the bullies will graffiti a target's desk with encouragement to commit suicide and play a rather mean-spirited prank with erasers), but in the introduction to the 'Fragile' personality type, YandereDev states that he wants there to be multiple levels of bullying, with the last being serious and potentially life-threatening (which will make the Fragile person willing to kill whoever you say is bullying them). It's worth mentioning that they broke Gaku Hikitsuri's arm prior to the game's beginning.
- Bullying a Dragon: When they were first introduced, they were not afraid to pick on the Delinquents, council members, or even the teachers. They have since wised up and will refuse to even talk to the delinquents because they know it will end badly for them. They will still bully the Martial Arts Club though, including Budo Masuta.
- Color-Coded Characters: Musume is blue, Kokoro is pink, Kashiko is purple, Hoshiko is green, and Hana is orange.
- This actually extends to their full names. Kokoro's full name means "pink heart", Kashiko's name is "purple candy", Hoshiko's is "turquoise star", and Hana's is "orange flower".
- Colorful Theme Naming: The first names of Musume's friends are symbols, while their last names are colors.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: All of them wear skirts that are even shorter than the regular school Dangerously Short Skirt. They are pretty much-flashing everyone.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: All of them, since they follow the gyaru fashion trend.
- The Dreaded: When first introduced, they would bully anyone, including the Delinquents, Teachers, and Student Council, none of whom would do anything about it. If none of them would fight back, that's saying something. This is no longer the case, as they will no longer mess with any of them and won't even speak to the Delinquents. They will still pick on the Martial Arts Club though, including Budo Masuta.
- Even Evil Has Standards: They might not be the nicest people, but if they see you murdering someone or find a corpse, they'll report it to the police immediately.
- Eviler Than Thou:
- They are this to the Delinquents; while they have no respect for authority, they are content to keep to themselves. The Bullies, on the other hand, actively make other people's lives miserable. The Bullies are also responsible for them becoming delinquents in the first place.
- Yan-chan can be this to them, as she is capable of outright murder.
- Faux Affably Evil: All of them appear to be nice on the outside, but inside, all of them are bullies.
- Foil: A Shadow Archetype to the Student Council, another five-member Girl Posse that rules the school.
- While the Student Council members use their power to maintain order in the school and protect the students, Musume's Girl Posse uses their popularity to get away with bullying unpopular students.
- The Student Council members dress in professional-looking Custom Uniforms, while the bullies wear tons of fashion accessories with their school uniforms, including hair clips, bracelets, and brightly dyed hair.
- The Student Council members are dangerous to you because they will hear you coming from farther away and can take you down instantly with pepper spray. The bullies are completely incapable of physical self-defense but are dangerous to you since if they catch you committing murder, they will text a photo to the police.
- They can also be seen as one to the Delinquents. Both are cliques of people who aren't particularly nice. However, the Bullies are jerks with good publicity while the Delinquents are feared throughout the school. Also, the Delinquents keep to themselves unless provoked while the Bullies actively harass people because they feel like it. Finally, the Delinquents are fighters, while the Bullies are not.
- Gang of Bullies: A group of five girls who harass the least popular student in school.
- Genius Ditz: They are all shallow valley girls; however, they are smart enough to remain as popular students while hiding their nasty sides. They are skilled in digging up the dirt and finding out secrets. Hoshiko in particular runs an internet hate blog.
- Girl Posse: For Musume, who's the one who actively bullies someone while the others point and laugh.
- Gyaru Girl: All of them follow this fashion trend, specifically the Kogal and Ganguro styles.
- I'm Not Afraid of You: They are not afraid to pick on the Martial Arts Club, including Budo Masuta. They are, however, afraid to pick on the Teachers, Delinquents, or the Student Council.
- Jerkass: They pull mean-spirited pranks on unpopular students and even encourage them to commit suicide. Their bullying is what turned Umeji Kizuguchi, Hayanari Tsumeato, Gaku Hikitsuri, Hokuto Furukizu, and Dairoku Surikizu into delinquents. They even broke Gaku's left arm.They also blow off the school cleanup at the end of the day.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: When asked what would happen if a student was bullied into suicide, YandereDev explains here that the school would feel regret for what happened and would therefore be less likely to gossip afterward to prevent another suicide, causing gossip to have less of an effect each time. However, he then elaborates that this wouldn't extend to the Bullies themselves, who would either feel no regret for what they did or convince themselves that it wasn't their fault.
- Karma Houdini: They can get away with bullying a student badly enough that the student commits suicide. Of course, you can subvert it yourself if you decide to murder them.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: As of later builds, they know better than to mess with the Delinquents, Teachers, or Student Council.
- Makeup Is Evil: They all wear a lot more makeup than normal students and are also bigger bitches.
- Never My Fault: YandereDev has confirmed that if a student committed suicide because of what they did, they'd just convince themselves that it wasn't their fault.
- Phoneaholic Teenager: Their personality dossier even includes this. This makes them effectively walking sentinels against your murder sprees since they will use said phones to snap a photo of you in the act and upload it to social media, giving you an instant Game Over.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Their uniform skirts are noticeably shorter than the other girls' skirts.
- Social Media Before Reason: Subverted, in that while they have "Phone Addict" as their personality, in terms of gameplay, they serve as walking security cameras because of their obsession with their phones. If they see a corpse or see Yandere-chan murdering someone, they will text an incriminating photo to the police, with Yandere-chan having a small time limit to stop them. While other students will also report a picture to the police if they have their phone on them, they will take twice as long as the bullies unless they also have the "Phone Addict" personality.
- Stock Shoujo Bullying Tactics: They'll do the 'deface someone's desk' and 'put flower on desk' variants, and Musume is implied to do the 'cutting up clothing' variant (when explaining mission requirements in Mission Mode, YandereDev gives as an example 'Musume cuts up a girl's swimsuit with scissors, so the girl calls in a hit on Musume with the requirements that the assassin wear a school swimsuit and kill her with a pair of scissors').
- Valley Girl: Let's see... Blonde and tanned? Check. Very fashionable, even in a school uniform? Check. Shallow and vain? Check. Talk in the stereotypical valley girl manner? Check.
- Villain Decay: They used to be able to pick on the student council, the Delinquents, and even the teachers with no repercussions at all. Now they can't, and they will refuse to even talk to the Delinquents.
- Villainous Friendship: They all have positive feelings about friendship, and Word of God states that they would never bully a member of their group, no matter how low that member's reputation got, and would stay friends with her. The one exception is Musume, who it's been stated would backstab anyone if it benefited her.
- It was subverted in the first build as they were in since they weren't programmed to make any distinction in who they bullied (they would happily bully the teachers and student council too), but that was swiftly patched out.
- Villain with Good Publicity: They're a very popular clique, and most students think highly of them. Too bad they're all bullying assholes. The only students who seem to know what they are really like are their victims and the Delinquents.
- Subverted in a Reddit post by YandereDev, where he reveals that by the time Musume and Kashiko have graduated, the bully clique won't get any more members because students have started to suspect that they're two-faced bitches, and by the time only Hoshiko is left, she's going to spend her last year as a bitter outcast because by that time, everyone knows what she's truly like.
- With Friends Like These...: When they were first implemented, they would happily turn on and bully any member of their group if that member's reputation was lowered enough. This is no longer the case in later builds, as it was stated that they would never turn on each other, and this was a glitch. It's hinted, however, that Musume may still count, considering it's been stated she would backstab her best friend in a heartbeat.
Musume is "the most flashy girl at school", spoiled rotten by her loan-shark father. Kidnapping her and holding her ransom is a key part in solving Kokona's problems and befriending her. She is a Phone Addict and can be distinguished by her ganguro appearance (and from the other ganguro members of her posse by her association with blue and orange). She attends Class 3-2 and is not in any club - unless you count the Bullies.
- Alpha Bitch: All of the bullies are Alpha Bitches, but Musume was the first member of her group to be added to the game before bullying as a mechanic was fully implemented and is implied to be the leader.
- She's also the one to actively bully the least popular student in school, while her friends point and laugh.
- Asshole Victim: A recurring one. She's put through hell fairly often but, when compared to Kokona, Osana, or even Midori, it's harder to feel bad for her.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: YandereDev states that she pretends to like Ayano after she completes her task but will insult her when they're apart; in general, she talks behind people's back, and she backstabs her friends if she gets anything out of it.
- Break the Haughty: Musume can end up being kidnapped, threatened with fingore, and held for ransom. She also ends up being bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat after Slut-Shaming and Victim Blaming Kokona to the point the girl snaps in one video. Hard to feel much sympathy for her.
- Bright Is Not Good: She wears very bright, flashy clothes, makeup, and jewelry all thanks to her loan shark father. On top of being a Spoiled Brat, she's also quite a bitch.
- Broken Bird: Kidnapping her and holding her for ransom to clear Kokona's father's debts results in her becoming withdrawn and paranoid for the rest of the game.
- Butt-Monkey: While not as immediately obvious as Kokona, Midori, or Osana, she tends to be abused. She was initially introduced into the builds as part of Kokona's Befriend/Betray elimination, where she gets kidnapped, held for ransom, and threatened, which ends with her traumatized for life. She has since been used as an example of a target in the video introducing "Mission Mode", come across Ayano killing someone while innocently taking a selfie, sold to the Yakuza where she meets an unknown fate, and beaten to death by Kokona in a fit of rage. Unlike them, however, it's kind of hard to feel sympathy for her.
- Buxom Is Better: She has one of the largest bust sizes of any student in the game.note
- Crocodile Tears: In one video, it is stated that if Musume wants something, she will pretend to cry until her father buys it for her, and later in the same video, Musume gloats that it works every time.
- Custom Uniform of Sexy: She has a significantly shorter skirt than the other girls. YandereDev hung a lampshade on it during the teaser featuring her original design."Whos that girl with tanned skin, loose socks, and a skirt way shorter than school regulation?"
- Daddy's Girl: Her father spoils her rotten.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: As part of the Ganguro fashion style, she likes to wear.
- Damsel in Distress: One method of solving Kokona's father's debt problem is to kidnap Musume and send the video to her father to convince him to clear all debts.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: After letting her go following the ransom ploy, she gets these for the rest of the game.
- The Fashionista: Info-chan describes her as "the most flashy girl in school".
- Fingore: In Yan-chan's hostage negotiations with Musume's father, she threatens to remove one of Musume's fingers for every day that Ronshaku Loans keeps its clients in debt.
- The polar opposite of Megami Saikou. Both are wealthy, popular girls who lead Girl Posses and wield great amounts of influence over the school. Musume openly flouts school rules thanks to her father's wealth and is the leader of her Gang of Bullies, while Megami is strict, professional, and leads the powerful Student Council. While Musume is a Hate Sink whose only purpose is to make other students' lives miserable, Megami is a Hero Antagonist who wants to make the school a safer place.
- She also serves as one to Osoro Shidesu. Both are blond-haired female leaders of not-particularly-nice cliques. However, Osoro is feared throughout the school, while Musume is considered a nice person. Musume and her group actively harass other students, while Osoro and her group keep to themselves. Osoro has a softer side to her, while Musume is a Hate Sink. Finally, Musume is not a fighter, while Osoro is the strongest student in the school.
- Gyaru Girl: She exemplifies both the Kogal and Ganguro subtypes.
- Hate Sink: She is a Spoiled Brat who leads a gang of bullies in tormenting unpopular students, writing notes on their desks telling them to kill themselves and smacking them with chalk erasers. She also feels no empathy and, when she learns that Kokona is engaging in compensated dating to try and get money to help her father who is in debt to Musume's loan shark father, she laughs her head off and mocks Kokona, telling her that she and her dad are pathetic and deserve everything that happens to them, while also slut-shaming Kokona. It has been stated that she would backstab her best friend in a heartbeat if she'd get something out of it.
- Heroic BSoD: After you let her loose, she becomes traumatized by what you did to her. It's a price to pay for helping Kokona.
- Hypocrite: She ruthlessly mocks and slut-shames Kokona for her big breasts, even though Musume's not that far behind her and dresses far more skimpily than Kokona does.
- Irony: Musume dresses in a mixture of Kogal and Ganguro fashion. She also mocks Kokona for engaging in Compensated Dating because her father is in debt to Musume's. A major stereotype associated with Gyaru culture is... engaging in enjo kosai. She doesn't seem to be aware of the irony.
- Jerkass: As befitting a bully. She angrily calls you a goody-two-shoes if you refuse to bring her cigarettes in old builds.
- In "Driving Your Rivals to Murder", Yan-chan reveals that Musume isn't even grateful for the expensive things her father buys her. Musume then slut-shames Kokona and laughs at her father's situation. That promptly gets her killed.
- She leads a gang of bullies that harass students, writing notes on their desks telling them to commit suicide and smacking them with chalk erasers. She and her friends are also responsible for turning Umeji Kizuguchi, Hayanari Tsumeato, Gaku Hikitsuri, Hokuto Furukizu, and Dairoku Surikizu into delinquents with their bullying.
- It has been stated that she would backstab her best friend in a heartbeat if it benefitted her.
- Prior to the implementation of the bullies, she was the only student in the game who did not take part in Cleaning Time she went straight home the minute class ends for the day. Now, she and the other bullies sneak off to the bathroom during Cleaning Time to gossip.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Started the Gyaru Girl trend the other bullies adhere to because she wanted to stand out.
- Karma Houdini: WordOfGod mentions that throughout her life, Musume was rarely facing any consequences for her poor behavior. Most authority figures refused to discipline her, and most classmates refused to stand up to her because her father's reputation intimidated them. If she ever did anything seriously bad, her father would make the problem go away using money or his special brand of intimidation. He knew that "the right thing to do" would be to scold Musume for her behavior, but he feared that she might stop loving him if he disciplined her. This can be subverted if she is killed.
- Mafia Princess: Her daddy is a Loan Shark.
- Makeup Is Evil: The third girl introduced in the game, who has visible makeup (after the Basu sisters). She's not exactly a paragon of virtue.
- Meaningful Name: "Musume" translates to "daughter". She's the daughter of the head of a loan company. Combined with Punny Name below, she's basically called "loan-shark's daughter".
- Phoneaholic Teenager: In YandereDev's video on Midori Gurin, she is given as an example of a student who would have their phone out enough to think to use it to snap a picture if she witnesses a murder and then uploads the picture to the internet, exposing Ayano and giving her a Game Over.
- Punny Name: Her family name, Ronshaku, is literally "loan shark" in Engrish. Guess how her father gets all that money to spoil her?
- Shrinking Violet: Becomes this if you kidnap her and hold her for ransom as part of the Befriend/Betray path.
- Smoking Is Glamorous: Well, she thinks so. Her Friendship Task involves her asking you for cigarettes in old builds, and a hypothetical social media post by her is about her preferred cigarette brand.
- The Sociopath: At least has some of the traits of one. She is manipulative, being able to hide her true nature from the school and appear as a nice girl. She is ruthless, bullying students and not feeling remorse when they commit suicide, as well as mocking Kokona's family situation and slut-shaming her. She surrounds herself with other girls, but it's been stated she would backstab any of them if it benefited her. She is ungrateful to her father and would never go to the lengths to help him that Kokona would to help her father. Overall, she's manipulative, cruel, and lacks empathy.
- Spoiled Brat: Her Student Profile mentions that her father dotes on her and gives her anything she wants. She insults Yan-chan for being a "little miss goody-two-shoes" if you refuse to do her old quest. According to Yan-chan in one video, she has a habit of manipulating her father by begging and crying if he doesn't give her something. She also doesn't understand why someone would give money they got through Compensated Dating to their dad to help with his money problems.
- Too Dumb to Live: Sure, Musume. Go ahead and taunt the emotionally unstable pissed-off girl wielding a baseball bat who holds a personal grudge against you, while you're tied to a chair. Surely nothing bad will come of it.
- True Blue Femininity: She wears a blue butterfly-shaped hairclip, blue eyeshadow, and blue nail polish.
- Valley Girl: Especially during her old task for "ciggies".
A bully with a pink/blue color scheme. She is in class 2-1. She goes through the motions of opposing bullying, but she's as big a bully as they come. She likes to shame and make fun of people.
- Cute Is Evil: She has a very cutesy design and is a vicious bully.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Kokoro was a victim of merciless bullying at her last school, thus becoming a member of The Bullies at Akademi to avoid being bullied again.
- Hypocrite: According to her profile, she pretends to oppose bullying, but in private, she harasses the people she dislikes.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Inverted. Not only is she a Jerkass, her interest tab also reveals that she hates cats.
- Pink Means Feminine: She has pink-dyed bangs, paints her nails pink, and wears pink hairclips. Her last name is a word used to describe the pink color of a peach blossom.
- Regal Ringlets: She has two long, pink ringlets that frame her face.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: She pretends to be a bully to avoid being hurt again.
- Token Good Teammate: She is the least cruel bully and has a very strong anti-bully stance.
- Wicked Heart Symbol: Her name means "pink heart", and she wears a heart-shaped barrette. She is also a bully who enjoys shaming and ridiculing other people.
- You Are What You Hate: She hates bullies but pretends to be one to avoid being a victim again since her last school. It caused her to loathe herself deeply, but she prefers to hate herself than being harmed by others.
A bully with a purple/pink color scheme. She is in class 3-1. Pretends to be sweet and nice but is quite a nasty piece of work. Her favorite activity is rumormongering.
- Gossipy Hens: Her favorite activity is gossiping and spreading rumors.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Her theme color is purple, and the persona she presents to others fits the type.
- It Amused Me: Kashiko creates problems for other lives for amusement.
- Meaningful Name: Her first name translates to 'confectionary', and her outward presentation is as a sweet girl.
- Nature Lover: Inverted; her interests revealed that she hates nature.
- Nice Girl: She'd like you to believe so. She's anything but nice.
- Pet the Dog: A small one, but still. When doing Gema's task of asking them their opinion of him, her comment is about his posture, rather than his appearance, and how he'll have back problems.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Well, not exactly food, but in most of her illustrations, she is always seen blowing some bubblegum.
A bully with a green/blue color scheme. She is in Class 1-2. Acts positive and upbeat in public, but in private, she only says negative things about other people. She operates an internet hate blog.
- All of the Other Reindeer: A rare justified example. YandereDev has stated that by the time her third year rolls around, she will be shunned by the other students because her true nature has become apparent.
- The Baby of the Bunch: She is the youngest of the bullies and also the cruelest.
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry: She has a green star barrette and earrings.
- Green and Mean: She's associated with the color green and is very mean.
- Hate Dumb: In-universe, she does this on the internet.
- Informed Attribute: YandereDev describes her as the cruelest of the Bullies. In the game, she does nothing worse than what Hana, Kashiko, and Kokoro do, and Musume comes off as the worst of them since she smacks the students with chalk erasers while the other four just point and laugh.
- Though it's said she operates an Internet hate blog, we don't get to see what she does online, so maybe it's just that she specializes in cyberbullying.
- Internet Tough Guy: She runs a hate blog.
- Laser-Guided Karma: She is the youngest member of the bullies. According to YandereDev, when the others graduate and leave her behind, she will be shunned and forced to spend her final year as an outcast because everyone knows what she's really like.
- The Pollyanna: Acts like this around other people, even though, in reality, she's hateful and negative.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Her father is a police officer who smooths things over, so the bullies don't get in trouble for, say, having cigarettes at school.
- The Sociopath: She doesn't care about anyone, not even their feelings and thoughts, but herself and her gratification.
- Take That!: It's speculated that she is a deliberate reference to Kiwifarms, a notoriously toxic internet forum whose sole purpose is to mock, troll, and harass various internet personalities. YandereDev was targeted by them for some time, nearly driving him to a breaking point. This would explain her green theme (the same as Kiwifarms' color theme), her cyberbullying, and the fact that Word of God states her to be the cruelest of the bullies (and the only one to get Laser-Guided Karma).
- Token Evil Teammate: Well, they're all evil, but Hoshiko is said to be the most vicious of the bullying girls. She would often try to convince the other bullies to do things like burning their victim with lit cigarettes, but they always have to talk her out of it. Good thing she is not the leader; otherwise, their victims would have serious scars.
A bully with an orange/pink-and-yellow color scheme. She is in class 2-2. Pretends to be innocent, but in private is extremely vulgar. Likes finding dirt in people's pasts.
- Dark Secret: Enjoys finding this sort of thing out about others.
- Femme Fatale: Her real personality is extremely vulgar, to the point where her original portrait had her making an obscene gesture.
- Gamer Chick: Spends most of her time playing games on her phone.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: The persona she puts on in front of others.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Because of several incidents in her past, Hana has developed a severe inferiority complex and is insecure about everything she has. As a result, she wants to find reasons to look down on others so that she can feel better about herself. For this reason, she is obsessed with finding skeletons in other people's closets and dragging out those skeletons for the world to see. She doesn't care how her actions affect the lives of others as long as she can feel superior to them.