As per wiki policy, spoiler tags can no longer be used on trope names. Therefore, spoilers below!
Sam GladiatorSam is a student at a high school. He lives with his best friend, Taurtis.
- All for Nothing: He spends a lot of money on invitations and a ring for his and Sookie's "wedding" and yet, Sookie turns out to be a lesbian.
- Alternate Self: The Alternate Universe that he and his friends go to reveals that his alternate counterpart is eviler than the original.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parent: His father, StanleyGladiator as he reveals embarrassing things about him.
- Ambiguously Evil: He makes horrible choices throughout the whole series, but he does care about his friends and he tries to help people.
- Anti-Hero: He goes back and forth from being this and a Villain Protagonist, considering the worst things he's done throughout the series.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Frequently goes from talking about one thing to another almost without skipping a beat.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: While as "Samantha", he attracts Sookie's affections.... as well as Dom's.
- Butt-Monkey: He gets picked on a lot by his classmates and even Rowan.
- Comedic Sociopathy: He stabs Taurtis, tries to poison SoulOwl, takes bribes, laughs at a grieving mother, and knowingly causes many of the problems he's forced to resolve later. Then again, after the first few episodes, he's depicted more frequently as a Villain Protagonist.
- Corrupt Cop: He decides to let his Yakuza girlfriend Yuki go after she's been arrested. What makes it even better is that he knows that she's a Yandere and is the daughter of the Yakuza leader.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He acts like this towards Sookie. Even though she confesses to being a lesbian and is going out with Soul, he still can't stand the latter for being "in the way" of his relationship with Sookie. He drops this later, thankfully.
- Disguised in Drag: He and Taurtis dress up in a couple of girls' uniforms for a few episodes.
- Everyone Has Standards: He doesn't like his classmates for making suicide jokes after Gareth's death.
- Failed a Spot Check: Frequently misses things characters say in chat, even when directed toward him.
- For the Lulz: He wants to shoot someone just because he's bored.
- Fourth Date Marriage: He attempts to propose to Sookie, even though they've barely interacted with each other and he's been stalking her for who knows how long.
- Friendless Background: The prequel to Yandere High School, simply titled Yandere, reveals that he didn't really have any friends when he was a child until he met Taurtis.
- Grave Robbing: He tends to go through people's graves for clothes.
- Heel Realization: He realizes during Episode 40 that he went off the deep end trying to get Sookie's affections.
- Heroes Want Redheads: He's interested in Sookie, an auburn-haired lesbian, and Yuki, a Yandere Rosehaired Sweetie, daughter of the Yakuza.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Taurtis. They both live in the same house and they spend a lot of time together. One episode centers around Sam going insane without Taurtis.
- Hopeless Suitor: For Sookie. He tries and fails to interact with her at school and she reveals herself to be a lesbian. He eventually gives up on her halfway through the first series.
- Hypocrite: He tends to contradict himself on multiple occasions.
- Identity Denial: He chooses to believe that Grian is Taurtis to cope with Taurtis's admission to the hospital after Halloween.
- It's All About Me: He's sometimes concerned about a situation affecting him.
- Jerkass: He tries to act like this to get Invader to not like him anymore. It doesn't work.
- Karma Houdini: After stabbing Taurtis, poisoning Sookie, robbing graves and joining the Yakuza, he never gets punished by the end.
- Kick the Dog:
- After Salex's tragic death at Yuki's hands, Sam grave-robs the body for her uniform and other things.
- Repeatedly throughout the series, Sam also mocks people for their misfortunes rather than sympathize with them.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He abuses Dom, a classmate who used to bully him, after his father forces him on the streets.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": Possibly not intentional, but Sam frequently misreads words in chat.
- Lethal Chef: Invader gets violently sick after eating Sam's salex.
- Little Bit Beastly: He has bunny ears on his head. It's never stated if he's part rabbit or he's wearing a bunny hood.
- It's implied that he is a rabbit-boy, judging by his father.
- Love Potion: He considers doing this to Sookie after she reveals herself to be a lesbian.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Rather than go to the nurse's office or hospital after breaking his limbs in Episode 56, he decides that he should go lay down on his bed. That and he thinks "Jerry" kissing his broken limbs will make them feel better.
- Manchild: He's very attached to his teddy bear and has a childlike behavior.
- Psychopathic Man Child: When he snaps, he treads into this territory.
- Missing Mom: It's never stated what happened to his mother. Yandere shows him just living with his dad.
- Mr. Exposition: He frequently exposits about what will happen for an episode/chain of episodes.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: He tries to poison SoulOwl (he claims he wasn't trying to kill her necessarily) so that he could have a chance with Sookie.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He feels horrible after Sookie gets sick from the poisoned drink that was meant for Soul.
- Never My Fault: He's not too keen on accepting responsibility for his actions.
- Rather than accept that he's insane, he blames Grian who is forced to be Taurtis.
- Whenever he does something bad, he never admits that he did anything wrong.
- Nice Guy: When he's not acting like an Anti-Hero, he can be this.
- Noodle Incident: During his mental breakdown, he confirms that he was once admitted to a mental institution.
- No Social Skills: He doesn't know how to talk to girls as apparent with his first interaction with Sookie (note: he throws a carrot at her and runs away).
- Not So Different: Than Yuki. They're both insane and murderous and they're willing to do anything for the object of their obsession.
- Only Sane Man: He can be this sometimes.
- He scolds Taurtis for looking both ways in the middle of a street. After Salex's death in a car accident, though, Taurtis learns his lesson.
- He was the only one who saw the problem with Taurtis selling Toritos, a knockoff of Doritos. Unfortunately, he goes along with the scheme and it leads to a lawsuit from Doritos.
- When Taurtis starts getting messages from Salex's phone even though they both saw Salex's dead body at the scene of the accident, Sam tells him to block the number and get rid of his phone.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He doesn't look any different in a girl's uniform, but some people easily believe that he and Samantha are different people. That is, until Taurtis outs him.
- Perverted Sniffing: He sniffs Sookie's hair twice during his "date" with Invader.
- Pet the Dog: Even though he can't stand Invader, he does express concern for her every now and then.
- Sanity Slippage: He goes through one when he's without Taurtis.
- Shipper on Deck: He's very supportive of Taurtis' relationships. That is, unless the relationship involves Sam's "girlfriend".
- Smarter Than You Look: He suspects that something's up with ChanYandere getting arrested for Salex's murder. He and Taurtis decide to look into the case.
- Spoiled Brat: As revealed in the prequel, Yandere. Despite acting utterly spiteful toward Okami after she started grieving over her lost daughter, Sam never receives any punishment from his Doting Father.
- Stalker with a Crush: He's this for Sookie. He openly admits that he watches her multiple times.
- Stepford Smiler: Type C. He normally hides his violent and mentally unstable side with a cheerful smile.
- Too Dumb to Live: He creates a new meal called Salex, named after Taurtis's dead girlfriend. Sam makes it by cooking it in the microwave for ten hours, which naturally causes it to break.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: He starts taking advantage of Yuki's violent behavior to make Grian do what he wants.
- Troubled Fetal Position: During his Sanity Slippage, he rocks in a prison cell, muttering Taurtis's name.
- Would Hit a Girl: He's pretty eager to hit Invader, whether or not he's dressed as a girl.
- Yandere: For Sookie. During his "talk" with Taurtis, he tells him that he needs to stalk the girl he loves and either kill for or kill the object of his affections. Fortunately, he finally gives up on her after Taurtis reveals that Samantha was Sam.
TaurtisTaurtis is Sam's best friend and roommate. He starts his own line of chips called Toritos, which leads to a lawsuit against him.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: As "Taurisa", he wears Sookie's blue uniform and a brown wig.
- Big Man on Campus: Unlike Sam, Taurtis is pretty popular with his class.
- Book Dumb:
- He's not very good at math.
- Apparently, he unintentionally killed the pufferfish he bought because he didn't realize that fish need water to survive.
- BrotherSister Incest: Played for Laughs. Taurtis believes that he almost engaged in this with his supposed sister, Yuki, thanks to Karu messing with him by claiming to be his father.
- Butt-Monkey: When Geode makes several clones of him, Sam abuses him and calls him "Bad Taurtis".
- Cassandra Truth: He's constantly blamed for the death of Gareth's wife. It turns out that Yuki killed her possibly because of an innocent comment he made about being into Gareth's ex-wife.
- Chick Magnet: He's able to get girls a lot more easily than Sam.
- Cloning Blues: He question his existence when Geode reveals that he's a clone.
- Covert Pervert: He records Yuki while she's bathing and watches the video while waiting for the train.
- Disney Death: He's almost eaten by the Snowman in the Christmas Episode. This comes as a result of Sam pushing Taurtis into the Snowman's mouth.
- The Ditz: An airhead and a big dreamer.
- Easily Forgiven: Rather than being angry with Sam for stabbing him, he forgives him, claiming that it was an accident.
- Everyone Has Standards: He's horrified to discover that Sam raided through Salex's grave for her uniform.
- He gets uncomfortable when Sam tells him to be a total Yandere for his girlfriend.
- Fat Best Friend: Type C, in the prequel, Yandere.
- The Gadfly: He purposefully tries to get Sam as "Samantha" kiss Dom multiple times.
- Gag Nose: You know that big black box in between his eyes? Apparently, that's his nose, not his mouth.
- Gratuitous Japanese: In an Alternate Universe in Tokyo Soul, he speaks in fluent Japanese. The reason why Taurtis doesn't show up in Tokyo Soul for a while is because he was learning how to speak Japanese.
- Hello, Nurse!: He's forced to wear a short and tight nurse's outfit for one of DrNurseMD's classes.
- Heroic BSoD: When he finds a letter allegedly from the real Taurtis, he wonders if his entire existence is a lie.
- Honorary Uncle: He becomes this for PufferFishPete's children.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: He feels this way after Salex getting hit by a car, something Taurtis never quite gets over..
- Identity Amnesia: After he gets stabbed by Sam, he suffers from amnesia for a few episodes.
- Interspecies Adoption: Since PufferfishPete shows no interest in raising his children, Taurtis decides to take as many pufferfish as he can.
- Kick the Dog: He asks questions regarding Gareth's ex-wife, leading him to be on Gareth's bad side.
- Killed Off for Real: TS implies that the real Taurtis was killed when Geode made clones of him.
- The Lancer: He's Sam's right-hand man.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: When he tries to get Dom to tell the truth about the Yakuza's leaders death, Sam uses the electric chair against him to get him to forget about the event. Sam and Grian try to cover it up with wacky antics.
- Loose Lips: He has a hard time keeping things secret.
- Meaningful Name: He lampshades how similar his name sounds to "tortoise".
- Morality Pet: He seems to be the only one to keep everything in balance for Sam.
- Never My Fault: He orders a lot of food on his "date" with Samantha and he refuses to help pay for his meal.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Him storing away the payment slips in the safe is what led to him and Sam getting evicted from their first house. That and he put a mortgage on the house for his Toritos business.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: He wears a blue outfit with suspenders with red and blue wristbands when he doesn't wear his school uniform.
- Noodle Incident: In the first episode, he supposedly killed someone. It's unknown if he was joking or not.
- It seems like he worked at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria and wears a Freddy suit for his cosplay assignment.
- No Sense of Direction: He gets lost pretty easy.
- Opposite Gender Clone: Geode makes a Taurissa clone.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He tends to be this.
- Properly Paranoid: When he starts receiving messages from Salex's phone, he becomes suspicious of who's messaging him. He blocks the number and throws away his phone.
- Shipper on Deck: He's all for Sam going out with Invader, with or without her beard.
- Smarter Than You Look: When he and Sam get on the train in Episode 17, he figures out that he and PufferFishPete are in the opposite end of the train.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Doritos/Toritos.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sam.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He occasionally calls Sam out on his behavior.
GrianGrian is Sam and Taurtis's new friend from the United Kingdom. He occasionally comes to Japan to visit his friends.
- Ambiguously Bi: Because Ellen's gender is unknown, he doesn't know if he was going out with a girl or a guy.
- Butt-Monkey: He easily goes into woobie territory during Taurtis's absence.
- Chick Magnet: He catches quite a few girls' eyes.
- Even the Guys Want Him: It depends on whether or not Ellen and Pie are girls or boys.
- Cosplay: Sam forces him to be dressed up as Princess Leia during the Star Wars special.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: For the Beach Episode, he has a dark spray-on tan.
- Deadpan Snarker: All too happy to point out the flaws in Sam and Taurtis' plans.
- Disney Death: In the Christmas Episode, this happens to Grian, Taurtis, and residents in the town after they are all pushed into the Snowman's mouth.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even though he's willing to go along with his friends' antics, he will draw the line if they go too far.
- Funny Foreigner: Sam and Taurtis consider him this, due to his accent and English customs.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: He's able to play the Bad Cop part surprisingly well.
- Good Is Not Soft: When he, Sam and Taurtis are made into police officers, he threatens to shoot Sam when interrogating Yuki about her father's whereabouts.
- Innocently Insensitive: He unknowingly insults Taurtis by telling him that he could tell his (dead) pufferfish children about his antics.
- Kids Are Cruel: The prequel series to Yandere High School shows him to be needlessly mean to Sam and Taurtis when they were kids, not to mention Okami and others.
- Made a Slave: He's forced to endure Sam's insanity and be Taurtis under the threat of being killed.
- Mistaken Nationality: For some reason in the Christmas Episode, Sam and Taurtis believe him to be Jewish.
- Nice Guy: Like Sam and Taurtis, he's pretty nice.
- He's pretty nice to other people in the series, especially Silly who gets mistreated by Sam quite often
- No Sympathy: He doesn't feel the least bit sorry for Yuki after she dies, which is pretty justified considering that she was a Serial Killer that wanted him dead, among others.
- Odd Friendship: With Sam and Taurtis. One does wonder why and how he became friends with them.
- It turns out that in Yandere, the prequel series to Yandere Heigh School, he was very mean to them before he became their friend.
- Only Sane Man: He's the more sane one in the group. When Sam goes insane without Taurtis, he fulfills this trope.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: After Taurtis conveniently loses his memory of the Yakuza leader's death, Grian is forced to wear the man's now decrepit outfit and pretend to be his "father".
- Prank Date: He asks Chan out, even though he knows he can't make it to the prom. This leads to Chan hooking up with Taurtis.
- Replacement Goldfish: Sam forces him to become a second Taurtis. Unfortunately, this leads to Sam becoming insane without Taurtis.
- The Scapegoat: Sam chooses to blame Grian for his insanity and for stabbing Taurtis when Sam was responsible for all of it.
- In general, other characters choose to blame him for things that he didn't really do.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He starts running away towards the end of Episode 53.
- Suddenly Sexuality: In Tokyo Soul episode 6, he immediately says he's gay to avoid the interest of a creep old man disguised as a schoolgirl. He then follows it up with saying he's not sure anymore after dating the very androgynous Ellen, who never had a gender reveal.
- Tritagonist: He becomes this after Taurtis disappears.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He frequently calls his friends out on their behavior, yet usually begrudgingly goes along with it.
- You Can't Go Home Again: After the Halloween Episode, the bus ended up crashing and left him stranded in Japan. Even worse when, he is put into a Witness Protection program with Sam, Taurtis and Dom to protect them from the Yakuza.
JerryJerry is a defected Taurtis clone He joins Sam and his friends after he was rescued from Geode.
- Ascended Extra: He becomes a regular character in Tokyo Soul season 2 and the reboot of YHS.
- Bland-Name Product: Like Taurtis, he creates a rip-off of a big-name product.
- Call-Back: His name and his product (Jerry Kats) are one big reference to YHS when Taurtis suffered from amnesia.
- Domestic Abuse: He was on the receiving end of an abusive relationship with Jorje.
- Fish Eyes: His eyes are always crossed, making him look stupid.
- Lethally Stupid: He's the stupidest character in the series.
- Those Two Guys: He forms a bond with DoughBoy.
JTheStarJTheStar is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates.
- Cool Car: He has a wide variety of them, which he brings to school.
- Mad Scientist: Possibly, considering he killed a failed subject.
- Megane: He wears large glasses.
- Noodle Incident: Just what kind of experiments was J performing?
- Retro Rocket: He has one. He ends up crashing it into his house.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: He has a lot of money, which he uses to help Sam and Taurtis.
- Sixth Ranger: He occasionally tags along with Sam and his friends.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: He's seen at Professor Gareth's house and runs away saying, "You didn't see anything!"
- Too Dumb to Live: He steps outside during a vicious thunderstorm and gets hit by lightning. He survives, but he suffers from a temporary glitch.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Sam saves him from sneaking into Gareth's house, he starts tweeting about the incident. Sam retaliates by throwing him out of the house.
- What, Exactly, Is His Job?: He may be a Jack-of-All-Trades since he's a lawyer and a scientist.
YuroYuro is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates.
JtsTheDaneJtsTheDane is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. He's an exchange student from Denmark.
- Badass Gay: He owns an axe (which he brings to school occasionally), has attacked and skinned wolves and serves in the war and he's also involved with Hidden.
- Man Bites Man: He was attacked by a pack of wolves and he defeated them with his teeth and skinned them.
- Put On The Bus: In the middle of the series, he's sent back to Denmark to fight in the war. He dies on the battlefield, as the protagonists find out in Hidden's diary.
- Rugged Scar: He has one on the left side of his face.
SirCutieYukiSirCutieYuki is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates.
- Ambiguously Bi: After watching the video Taurtis recorded of her bathing, she assumes "Taurissa" is a lesbian and gets a little close to her.
- Ax-Crazy: The prom episodes reveal that she's this when she tries to kill Sam for breaking up with her.
- Big Bad: In the second half of the series, Yuki increasingly fits more and more into this role, before finally cementing herself as this trope after murdering Paul Blart.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Yuki appears to be innocent in regards to Salex's death when she, in fact, was the culprit. In episode 35-36, she attempts to frame ChanYandere for Salex's murder.
- Curtains Match the Window: Bubblegum pink hair and eyes. Sometimes, her eyes turn red.
- Daddy's Little Villain: She's the daughter of Yakuza leader Karu. Near the end of the series, she takes over the Yakuza after his death.
- Driven to Suicide: At the final battle, this trope is fulfilled as she decides she'd rather die than be captured by the protagonists.
- Evil Redhead: She's got noticeably bright pink hair, and as it turns out she's a Yandere and the daughter of the yakuza leader.
- Flat "What": This is her response to Sam breaking up with her in YHS's finale.
- Gender-Blender Name: She has "Sir" as a part of her name.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a white ribbon in her hair.
- Knife Nut: She typically stabs people with her favorite knife, which she seems to carry everywhere. She also temporarily gives one to Sam, who for a short while picks up her tendencies.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Near the end of YHS the protagonists talk about how she probably killed Salex's because she wanted to have a chance with Taurtis.
- Not Good with Rejection: When Sam and Taurtis decide to both dump her during prom, she pulls a knife on Sam, who was the one to break the news to her. In the after party at Sookie's house, she looks for Sam while wielding the very same knife.
- Peeping Tom: She sneaks into the boys' locker room to spy on the guys.
- Perverted Sniffing: She sniffs Taurtis's hair a couple of times.
- Pink Means Feminine: When she's out of her school uniform, she wears pink outfits.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: If you look closely, her eyes switch from pink to red, which Sam points out at least once. This is an indicator that there's something wrong with her.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: When she dates Sam and Taurtis, she shows her softer side.
- Stalker with a Crush: As it turns out, she is this for Taurtis. After she kills Salex she steals her phone and sends him creepy texts.
- Third Wheel: She joins "Samantha" and "Taurissa" on their date.
- Tsundere: She seems like a Type B for Sam and Taurtis.
- Villain Has a Point: In the message she leaves for Sam, she mentions that Sam's to blame for Paul Blart and Rowan dying since he helped in her father's murder.
- Walking Spoiler: There's a reason why most of her tropes are marked and it's because she's secretly crazy and the Big Bad of YHS!
- Yandere: This trope comes into play after the protagonists find out that she regularly threatens others with a knife.
HiddenSentinelsOne of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. He always wears a crown on his head.
- Disney Death: In the Christmas Episode, along with others Hidden gets eaten by the Snowman only to be spat back out later.
- The Mourning After: The Christmas Episode reveals that he's not over Jts's death. He built a "replacement" for him and claims that it's him.
- Straight Gay: There's no indication that he's gay until he admits his relationship with Jts.
- Those Two Guys: He shares this with Jts.
- Younger Than They Look: His mustache makes him look older than a teenager.
PowerDragonOne of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. He's obsessed with anything that glows in the dark.
- Catchphrase: "Does it (any random item) glow in the dark?"
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has bright pink hair.
SoulOwlSoulOwl is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. She's an anthropomorphized owl who really doesn't like Sam.
- Cute Owl: Since Yandere is set when everyone is a child, she becomes this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She acts like a complete jerk to Sam, but she cares about Sookie.
- Petting Zoo People: She's a snowy owl girl.
- The Rival: Sam considered her a rival for Sookie's affections. He gave up on Sookie, which allowed Soul and Sookie to develop their relationship.
- School Girl Lesbians: When Sookie comes out as a lesbian, they get together and are seen making out in their dorms.
- Shipper on Deck: For Invadiator (KawaiiInvader/SamGladiator).
Sookie YakiSookie is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. Sam has an unrequited crush on her.
- Cute Monster Girl: She admits that she's some kind of monster girl.
- Driven to Suicide: The note she leaves on Salex's grave implies she will kill herself to be with her friend.
- Fiery Redhead: She can be this around Sam.
- Loves My Alter Ego: When Sam and Taurtis dress up as girls, Sookie seemingly expresses interest in "Samantha". Her feelings change after she learns that it was Sam all along.
- Nice Girl: For the most part, she's a sweet girl. However, whenever Sam is involved...
- Romantic False Lead: For the first 40 episodes, Sam relentlessly pursues Sookie, even after she confesses that she's a lesbian. However, after Taurtis reveals that Sam was dressed as a girl, she hates him and Sam finally gives up on her.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Once she comes out as a lesbian, she gets together with Soulowl.
- Stepford Smiler: Whatever was going on with her was enough to push her to suicide. It's possible that she may be bothered by Salex's death more than Taurtis was.
- True Blue Femininity: She's the only girl in YHS who wears a blue uniform.
KawaiiInvaderKawaiiInvader is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. She's often paired up with Sam, much to his chagrin.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Sam. It's primarily because of her beard and her constant attempts to be with him, even though he's made it clear that he doesn't like her.
- Cat Fight: She nearly engages in one with Sookie. It doesn't take off because Sookie tells Invader that she can have Sam.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She frequently tries to chase away any girls that she perceives to be a threat to her "relationship" with Sam.
- Daddy's Girl: She seems close to her father.
- Facial Horror: In Tokyo Soul, after Sam drops her into a vat of acid.
- Girls with Moustaches: She has a black beard, which is a skin condition, according to her.
- When she dresses up as her father, she trims her beard to look like a moustache.
- Hopeless Suitor: She makes several attempts to be with Sam, even when he acts like jerk to her.
- Kiss of Life: She gives this to Sam, much to his disgust. This prompts to them "dating" for a few weeks.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: She had blonde hair and a black beard. She shaves her beard after her breakup with Sam and wears glasses because she ate so many Toritos.
- Not Good with Rejection: She doesn't handle Sam breaking up with her well.
- Put On The Bus: Like most of the Yandere High School characters, she doesn't show up as much in Tokyo Soul.
- The Bus Came Back: That is until the last third or so of Tokyo Soul, with stronger feelings for Sam.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After she learns that her father is dead, she goes after everyone responsible for his death. This includes Paul Blart and Rowan. She wanted to kill Grian for being involved, but Sam refused to let her have him.
- Stalker Shrine: She has one dedicated to Sam. She has a lot of his saliva, his teddy bear and his Game Crab.
- Stalker with a Crush: She's able to find out where Sam lives in Tokyo Soul and is not so subtle about being the one who left a note for him in the mailbox.
- In the Continuity Reboot, her stalking escalates to her buying a house next to Sam's and somehow knowing where his room is.
- Strong Family Resemblance: With her father, Paul Blart.
- Signature Laugh: Kekeke.
- Unwanted Spouse: Well, girlfriend, but Sam still isn't happy about "being in a relationship" with her.
- What Does She See in Him?: She maintains a steady crush on Sam, even though he has a crush on someone else and he hurts her intentionally and unintentionally.
- She was originally with Dom who's just as bad as Sam.
- Yandere: She has an unhealthy obsession with Sam. When Sam and his friends go into her house, they discover her shrine, which has Sam's belongings and saliva. When she walks in the house, she assumes Sam is there for her and she declares that they can get married and have lots of children together.
- Your Cheating Heart: She was originally in a relationship with Dom before the story starts. She later breaks up with him because she develops feelings for Sam.
DomRaoDom is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. He holds a grudge against Sam for being the object of Invader's affections. He, Sam and Taurtis go under witness protection in Tokyo Soul.
- Antagonistic Offspring: He doesn't get along with his father, Mr. Dorito. Being kicked out of his house makes him be a nicer person.
- Ascended Extra: He starts becoming a major character after Yuki's father is killed.
- When DomRao is first introduced, he's shown liking his ex-girlfriend KawaiiInvader, who has no interest in him whatsoever and instead prefers Sam.
- Later, when Sam and Taurtis dress up as girl versions of themselves, Dom falls in love with those versions, both of whom have no interest in Dom.
- After Sam and Taurtis have both of their female counterparts revealed, Dom is distraught at liking guys, let alone his love rival for Invader. Dom's father, that being Mr. Dorito, soon finds out about this and decides to kick his son out of their home, leaving Dom poor and taking shelter under a nearby bridge.
- Dom was originally a bully to Sam, but because of what happened, the tables are now turned with Sam being the bully instead. It takes some time for them to mend their relationship into something more neutral.
- Past this point, the main trio continue to notice that Dom's clothes get more and more tattered as the series goes on, until he is left with only a cape and very small shorts. People start to notice that his nipples are lopsided, which are frequently made fun of. He also fights Pepe for scraps of food and pennies.
- What's even worse, Dom eventually gets used by the trio as a fall guy, the one to take the blame for the murder of Yuki's father. Not soon after, Dom also gets bribed with pennies to go act as bait for Yuki, who was on a murderous rampage no less! Luckily for Dom, he was (surprisingly) nimble enough to climb away to safety.
- At the end of the originally YHS series, Dom has been caught up in all of the main trio's antics with the Yakuza, and now has to move with them away from town in order to live in safety from the Yakuza. Out of those four, Dom is only a bystander and definitely the most innocent of the four, having killed no one but a snail when he was younger. And he still feels bad about it!
- To look even more pathetic, at the final battle between the main trio's allies and the Yakuza, almost everyone is decked out with actual guns. Dom, on the other hand, has nothing but a fishing pole, of all things!
- He starts to develop incredibly weird tendencies after being kicked out of his house and living on the street for too long. Once he gets a gun from the main trio, Dom originally rejects the offer, saying "Cool cats says no to guns". After being coaxed into taking the gun, he starts shooting everywhere while making sound effect noises for each bullet shot.
- He then decides to call himself "DOMWOW" and runs all across town half naked. Granted, he's homeless and low on money, but it's still weird.
- Later, when Dom is being interrogated about the murder of the Yakuza leader, Dom gives a very interesting explanation of what happened at the scene.DomRao: [Your] dad tripped and fell on a banana peel and Dorito Trucks just made him EXPLODE PEW PEW KABOOM! He saved a kid in the process, that kid became the president! So be thankful your dad died!
- Crazy Jealous Guy: For Invader. When Sam allows her to cry on his shoulder, he gets jealous and tells Sam to stay away from Invader.
- Everyone Has Standards: When Taurtis stands on the stool where Gareth hung himself, he comments about how dark he thinks it is.
- Freudian Excuse: His girlfriend leaves him for someone else, his sexuality is questioned by Sam and Taurtis, and his father kicks him out of his house because he thinks that he's gay.
- The Grinch: For the Christmas Episode, he was a parody called "The Drinch".
- Heel Realization: As a part of his Took a Level in Kindness, he decides that he's done with bullying.
- Jerk Jock: Acts like this to Sam.
- Like Father, Like Son: He shares some similar traits with his father.
- Loves My Alter Ego: He develops feelings for "Samantha" and "Taurisa". That is, until he learns the truth.
- Nice Hat: He has a wide collection of hats he wears.
- Not Good with Rejection: He starts harassing Sam for "stealing" Invader away from him.
- Riches to Rags: He wasn't exactly the richest character in the series. However, he was able to maintain his clothes better when he was living with his dad.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Towards Sam. He follows him around just to harass and/or attack him for being the object of Invader's affections.
- Street Urchin: He's forced to live on the streets after his dad kicks him out of the house. Even in Tokyo Soul, he's sleeping in a dumpster instead of, you know, the house that he, Sam and Taurtis are sharing.
- Strong Family Resemblance: With his father, Mr. Dorito. The only difference being a lack of facial hair and different color of hair.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He becomes nicer to Sam and Taurtis after he's forced out of his house.
- Trauma Conga Line: Played for Laughs, obviously. Dom's life was fine at the beginning of the series, with no major problems except for the fact that Sam inadvertently took his ex-girlfriend, Invader. After Dom realizes that he is supposedly gay, his life definitely takes a turn for the worse and never gets much better after that for the entirety of YHS. See Butt-Monkey for details.
- Villainous BSoD: He has one after learning that he was attracted to Taurtis, who was disguised as Taurisa. It gets worse when he also learns that he kissed Sam.
SalexBrownSalex is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. She was Taurtis's girlfriend until her death.
- Death of the Hypotenuse: In an unfortunate turn of events, Salex is killed in the thirteenth episode by the local Yandere, Yuki.
- Diary: She has one in her apartment, which hints at who her murderer is.
- Friendly Ghost: Unlike her former teacher Gareth, she doesn't want to hurt Sam and Taurtis.
- Properly Paranoid: During her diary entries, she became nervous and feels like she was being watched.
- Satellite Love Interest: Not much is known about her character. Then again, it was probably done on purpose to emphasize the tragedy of her death.
- True Blue Femininity: The outfit she wears on her date is mostly blue.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: This trope comes into effect as she dies in the thirteenth episode, but the audience knows very little about her personality.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has a blue streak in her hair.
Majo EllenMajo Ellen is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates.
- Ambiguous Gender: No one knows what gender Ellen is. They have worn both female and male school uniforms.
- Just about everybody uses feminine pronouns for them more than masculine ones.
- Ambiguously Bi: Because Ellen and Pie's genders are never revealed, it's never established what Ellen's sexuality is.
- Eye Scream: Their left eye is covered up by a bandage, which comes off during Halloween.
- Expy: Possibly one for this Ellen.
- Hair Decorations: They have a red ribbon in the back of their hair.
- Meaningful Name: "Majo" means "witch" and Ellen is the name of the titular witch in The Witch's House. Ellen also has supernatural powers, which impacts the plot early on.
- Noodle Incident: Ellen doesn't like to talk about what happened to their left eye.
- It's implied that their left eye has some supernatural powers.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Ellen has purple hair covering the left side of their face.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Ellen is fixated on the supernatural. During Sam and Taurtis's double date, they predict Salex's death.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Subverted. Their gender is never revealed, which leads to Grian question his sexuality.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ellen has long purple hair.
ChanYandereChanYandere is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. She hasn't been to school because she was helping her family moving in their house.
- Advertised Extra: She appears quite a few times in the thumbnails for the videos. However, she doesn't appear until the fifth episode and she doesn't get as much screen time as the main duo does. Also, she's not a Yandere like the thumbnails suggest.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She goes into Yuki's bathroom in an attempt to kill her. That's because she knows that Yuki is dangerous.
- Cassandra Truth: She claims that Yuki was the one who killed Salex. She was right.
- Color Motif: She wears purple, which matches her eye color. The color has a Red Herring meaning.
- Expy: Obviously, of Yandere-chan, only with the words switched around.
- Knife Nut: She goes into the bathroom where Yuki is taking a bath. This and the assumption that she killed Salex is what get her arrested.
- Nice Girl: She's one of the nicest characters in the series. However, she's willing to kill Yuki in order to stop her from hurting anyone else.
- Purple Eyes
- Red Herring: ChanYandere is eventually found as this for the murder of Salex. Don't be fooled by her name; she's decidedly not a Yandere.
- Second Love: For Taurtis.
- Stood Up: This happens to her when she's waiting for Grian at the prom. Taurtis turns her night around and hangs out with her.
- Wrongfully Accused: After being spotted in the bathrooom with Yuki, Chan gets accused of attempting to kill Yuki and having killed Salex.
SillyJillySilly is one of Sam and Taurtis's classmates. She's Okami and Rowan's daughter.
- Cute Bookworm: Implied to be the case in Yandere, as she appears to be the youngest in the class.
- The Cutie: Especially in the prequel, Yandere. Some of the top rated comments in the first few episodes remark on how adorable she is.
- Everyone Has Standards: As nice as she is, she draws the line with Sam when he threatens to stab her if she tells Okami about seeing Taurtis jaywalking across the crosswalkless streets.
- Fun Size: In the prequel, Yandere, even compared to the others.
- Little Miss Badass: She's a SWAT trainee.
- Nice Girl: She stops Pepe Frogman from leaping from the second floor of the school and she gets her father when Samantha tries to fight Invader.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Like her mother.
- Taking the Heat: She claims that the love note that Samantha threw to Sookie was actually hers.
Pepe FrogmanPepe is a new student in Sam and Taurtis's class. He's a frog person who lives in the dumpsters and has very little clothing.
- Black Comedy Suicide: His suicidal behavior is played for laughs.
- Butt-Monkey: He gets bullied by Dom and harassed by PufferFishPete.
- Character Development: He goes from being very morose to more cheerful.
- Interspecies Romance: With PufferFishPatty.
- Petting Zoo People: Obviously, he's a frog person.
- Replacement Goldfish: He reminds Sam and Taurtis of Gareth.
DaPieLordDaPieLord is a new student in Sam and Taurtis's class.
- Ambiguous Gender: Like Ellen, Pie's gender is unknown. The Christmas special implies that Pie is female based off their face.
- Ambiguously Bi: It's never revealed if Pie or Ellen are boys, girls, or one boy and one girl. It doesn't help that they develop an interest in Grian who briefly dated Ellen as well.
- Expy: Might be one for Samus.
- The Unintelligible: Because of their mask, their speech is muffled.
PufferFishPattyPufferFishPatty is PufferFishPete's daughter.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Her dad can't stand Pepe simply because he's a frog.
- Interspecies Romance: With Pepe the frog.
- Parental Favoritism: She's the only one that Pete is proud of.
- Petting Zoo People: Like her father.
MegaNecraMegaNecra is Rowan and Okami's son and Silly's brother.
GarethGareth was Sam and Taurtis's first homeroom teacher. He starts off as a divorced teacher.
- Driven to Suicide: In the seventh episode, he hangs himself.
- Good Parents: He seems to be one for Pepe.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: After Sam was humiliated during show-and-tell and ran away, Gareth goes to find him and gives him 1000 yen to cheer him up.
- He finds Sam's discarded bear and brings it to his house.
- Sadist Teacher: To Sam and Taurtis.
- Justified with his behavior towards Taurtis.
- He says that he would buy one of Sam's cookie... and then he says that he's not interested in buying anything before he eats the cookie.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He follows Sam and Taurtis around to bother them.
- Unfinished Business: The reason why he had become a ghost was because he wanted to know who killed his wife. With Yuki dead, he finally passes on.
RowanArtifexRowanArtifex is Sam and Taurtis's gym teacher. He wears a military outfit and talks and acts like a drill sergeant.
- Badass Mustache: He has a long mustache and is a former army man.
- Catchphrase: MAGGOTS.
- Character Death: When he tried to confront Yuki as she was going on a killing spree, he gets stabbed and is drowned in the boy's locker room.
- Doting Parent: To Silly. He willingly dresses up as a dog for one of her class assignments and stayed up on Halloween night to comfort her after Sam scared her.
- Everyone Has Standards: He beats up Sam for hitting Invader.
- Happily Married
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He seems like a jerk at first, yelling at his students and beating them up. However, when he finds Gareth's corpse in the classroom, he tells the students to clear out so that he can handle the situation.
- He may not like Sam and he likes to pick on him, but when Yakuza Karu comes looking for him, he acts like he isn't there and demands that Karu never come back.
- He also genuinely love his family, despite the personality differences.
- Large Ham: He always speaks in large caps.
- Moment Killer: He frequently interrupts Sam and Taurtis' attempts to flirt.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's so ripped that his muscles are completely detailed.
- Nepotism: Like his wife, he favors his daughter in competitions.
- Noodle Incident: Something has caused him to be triggered by reading and "My Little Buttercup".
- Papa Wolf: He acts like this after Sam unintentionally threatened Silly. Bonus points for him being dressed as a dog.
- Sadist Teacher: More so than Gareth. He yells at his students, hits them, and goes into the locker room while they're changing.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: He mentions that he may have been in the Vietnam War.
OkamiArtistOkami is Sam and Taurtis's second homeroom teacher. She later becomes Rowan's wife.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't be fooled by her cheerful demeanor. She's actually a part of the SWAT.
- When Silly tells her that Sam threatened her (even though he claims that he didn't really mean it), Okami resents him. This leads to a drastic change in her behavior towards Sam.
- Break the Cutie: She's pretty cheerful and friendly since her first appearance. After Rowan's death, her original personality becomes a thing of the past.
- Character Development: After Sam threatens to stab Silly, she becomes less friendly towards him. Towards the end, her Genki levels have decreased drastically.
- Cool Teacher: She likes anime and manga, has a Gamecrab, and shoots off fireworks in her classroom.
- Genki Girl: She uses emoticons when she speaks and is always enthusiastic.
- Heartbroken Badass: Due to the fact that she is a SWAT member, she becomes this after her husband is killed by Yuki.
- Happily Married
- Nepotism: She tends to favor Silly with just about anything related to a contest.
- Opposites Attract: She's a Genki Girl Cool Teacher while Rowan is a stoic Sadist Teacher.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: It's hard to see on her sprite, but she wears a pair of small-framed glasses.
- True Blue Femininity: She tends to wear a lot of blue outfits.
KiyuA Japanese girl working in the witness protection program. She becomes Sam, Taurtis, Grian and Dom's new classmate during the Tokyo Soul saga.
- The Commissioner Gordon: She serves as Sam, Taurtis and Dom's contact for the witness protection program.
- Demoted to Extra: She becomes one of the supporting characters after the first few episodes.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's half-human and half-ghoul.
- Mismatched Eyes: She has one pink eye and one black eye.
- No Sense of Direction: She's pretty clueless when it comes to directions.
- Red Herring: Her name is just "Yuki" with the letters rearranged. However, Samgladiator has confirmed that the two girls have nothing in common except the user, SirCutieYuki.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Like Yuki.
Shana ChanShana-chan is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She looks an awful lot like Salex.
Igbar Von SquidIgbar Von Squid is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates in Tokyo Soul.
- Petting Zoo People: He's an anthropomorphized squid.
- Symbiotic Possession: At one point, Cthulu possesses his body. Later, it's revealed that he and Cthulu have decided to share it.
JamberiteJamberite is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates. She works at Sushi-Wushi.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: She chases Taurtis out of the girls' locker room when he and Sam sneak in it.
SanslrSanslr is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates.
- Dem Bones: Since he's a skeleton, it makes sense.
- Pungeon Master: Since he's an Expy of Sans, he enjoys puns.
- Shout-Out: If his name and appearance didn't give it away, he's one for Sans.
CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates.
- 0% Approval Rating: He's despised because he's a notorious hacker and counterfeiter.
- Butt-Monkey: He's constantly being picked on by his teachers and classmates.
YeeYee is one of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's classmates.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Once she takes off her sunglasses, Grian is instantly turned off.
- Cute Monster Girl: Subverted. Grian doesn't find her attractive after she takes off her sunglasses.
- Sunglasses at Night: She's first shown wearing sunglasses early in the morning.
JorjeJorje is one of Senor's lost goats.
- Abhorrent Admirer: For Jerry.
- Ambiguously Bi: He has a relationship with the androgynous CringyGeorge and has a strange obsession with Jerry.
- Date My Avatar: He has an Internet girlfriend.
- No Sense of Direction: He's worse than Taurtis.
- Petting Zoo People: He's one of the few goat people in TS.
CringyGeorgeCringyGeorge is Jorje's Internet girlfriend/boyfriend.
- Ambiguous Gender: Even though Jorje calls them his girlfriend, they look like a guy.
- Date My Avatar: Until Sam helps Jorje meet George, they pursued an Internet relationship.
Taurtis clonesClones made by Geode.
- Clones Are People, Too: Taurtis' justification for trying to keep the clones alive.
- Cloning Blues: Geode clones them and kills them. It also doesn't help that they explode, possibly due to unstable genetics.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Taurtis69 is the only one with pale skin.
- You Are Number 6: They all have assigned numbers. This doesn't help distinguish the real Taurtis from the clones.
TaurissaTaurissa is Taurtis' female clone.
- Call-Back: "Taurissa" is the alias that Taurtis used when he was disguised as a girl.
- Opposite Gender Clone: The only one for Taurtis.
LizzieLizzie is Grian's friend from England and is the "queen".
Senor LoroSenor Loro is Sam, Taurtis and Grian's guidance counselor. He wears a luchador mask and likes wrestling.
- Adults Are Useless: He doesn't think it's strange that one of his teachers is asking his students to bring in some blood.
- Badass Mustache: Which somehow sticks out of his mask.
- Body Paint: He has a large rose tattoo on his right shoulder.
- Glasses Pull: Anytime he gets ready to wrestle, he takes off his glasses.
- Hidden Depths: In his free time, he likes to play Minecraft.
- Masked Luchador: He wears a red and green mask.
- Megane: He, along with Tori and Yeb, are
- Professional Wrestling: He's noted for his wrestling skills. That and his unusual student initiation involves the students wrestling for their schedules.
- Shirtless Scene: Anytime he wants to wrestle, he pulls off his sweater.
ToriTori is Sam, Taurtis and Grian's agriculture teacher.
- Call to Agriculture: Her subject.
- Cool Teacher: She takes her classes on literal field trips.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: She wears a long purple dress.
- Only Sane Woman: She's regarded as the only normal teacher in TS.
- Petting Zoo People: A goat-woman.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. Yes, she has red eyes, but she's the nicest teacher in TS.
- Shout-Out: A goat-woman named Tori? Sounds familiar...
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Not long after she's introduced she's killed by the Chupacabra pretty early on.
DrNurseMDDrNurseMD is Sam, Taurtis and Grian's health teacher.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: His name is comprised of three medical titles.
- Subverted as this isn't his real name. It's actually Jangus Lipperbottom.
- Dirty Coward: Grian suspects that he's this during the Star Wars special when he decides not to join Sam, Taurtis and Grian in their quest to defeat Geode.
- Phony Degree: His name suggests that he's a doctor. However, his classes make it pretty clear that he doesn't know anything about his subject.
HelenaHelena is Sam and Taurtis's gym teacher. She's very particular about her students' gender.
- Does Not Like Men: She purposefully discriminates her male students from her female ones. One of her classes involves her making the girls' obstacle course easier than the boys'.
- Palette Swap: She seems to share a lot of physical similarities with Okami.
- Sadist Teacher: She doesn't care about one of her students vomiting up blood.
- Stronger Than They Look: She claims that she can bench-press her students.
Professor GeodeProfessor Geode is Sam, Taurtis and Grian's teacher. He is unnaturally creepy and likes to do very strange things with his students.
- Alien Among Us: It's revealed that he's an alien disguised as a human.
- Ax-Crazy: His first reaction to seeing one of his clones blow up in front of him is to celebrate and laugh.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: He has piercing blue eyes.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: One of the big indicators that there's something wrong with him.
- Facial Horror: His face starts to melt after a few episodes.
- Karma Houdini: He's never punished for what he's done.
- Mad Scientist: He experiments on his students, including cloning one of them.
- No Sense of Personal Space: During Sam and Taurtis's first day of school, he gets really close to Taurtis's face.
- Obviously Evil: In his first class, he asks Sam, Dom and Taurtis state their medical information and he screams "world domination" after ripping out some of Taurtis's hair.
- Take Over the World: His ultimate goal.
Principal YebPrincipal Yeb is the principal of Sam, Taurtis and Grian's school.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He wears a black pin-stripped suit.
Mr. ChupaMr. Chupa is the Chupacabra who replaces TeacherTori after he kills her.
- Ambiguously Evil: He's a goat-eating creature who replaces one of his victims, tries to eat one of his students, uses one of his students as a vessel for Cthulhu, teaches a lesson on how to hide a body and chases after his class with a knife. After the latter, he gives his class A's for making it to the end.
- Knife Nut: For one of his "lessons", he chases after his students with a blood knife.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He tends to wear a dark tuxedo.
GalaxyMonsteroA classmate as young and tiny as SillyJilly. Often seen carrying a wrench twice her size.
- Little Miss Con Artist: Tricked the main trio into buying comic books without any pages, and even convinced Sam and Taurtis to pay for five non-existent bottles of Mountain Dew... until later, when she seemingly steals them from a vending machine, only for them to turn out to be bottles she filled with sprinkly water.
Teacher_JaneTeacher Jane is Gareth's wife. She doesn't like kids, and she doesn't like Gareth much either.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The first time she's introduced, she comes across as a kind-hearted person. Later, this is proven to be just a mask.
- Would Hurt a Child: In the first episode where she's introduced, she sends her students out a window to try some parkour.
TeacherVonHeimerA racist old war veteran bound to a wheelchair. He believes fish people are an inferior species.
- Butt-Monkey: On a few occasions. He's laughed at when knocked out of his chair, and Taurtis makes fun of his score in League of Legends.
- Disability as an Excuse for Jerkassery: Invoked when he is first seen protesting against the rights of fish people outside the convenience store. When Rowan confronts him, Heimer claims he cannot hit him because he's in a wheelchair. Rowan hits him anyway.
- Herr Doktor: He teaches science, has an exaggerated German accent, and is very self-entitled.
StormformStormform is a shady guy who offers Sam and Taurtis money if they sell "special sugar".
- Blatant Lies: He claims that he's selling "sugar". Obviously, it's a drug of some sort.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He's only in the series for a few episodes, but he's killed by Paul and Okami during a drug bust.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Literally blue, which matches his skin and eye color.
Yakuza KaruYakuza Karu is the leader of the Yakuza.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Yes, even the Yakuza has a family. During the Halloween special, he forces Sam to date Yuki, his daughter.
- Knife Nut: He pulls out a knife while talking to Green. That's one thing that Yuki inherited from him.
- Manipulative Bastard: Definitely. Sam and Grian think that he was trying to pull a Luke, I Am Your Father on Taurtis in order to be spared from being killed.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He starts following Samantha and Taurisa around, suspecting them of being Sam and Taurtis.
StarFinderStarFinder is a member of the Yakuza. He's killed by Taurtis while he's holding up a store.
- Boom, Headshot!: This is what happens with his death via Taurtis.
MarthyMarthy is a member of the Yakuza.
CrabManCarlCrabManCarl is a store owner.
- Dirty Coward: He and PufferFishPete don't back up Sam and Taurtis when Mr. Dorito tries to get them arrested. He at least tries to justify his actions by saying that Mr. Dorito could have his store shut down.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He works multiple jobs, other than the main store.
- Petting Zoo People: He's a crab person.
PufferFishPetePufferFishPete is a store owner.
- Abusive Parents: He sells his children because they're weak. He even threw them under the train that he conducts because he didn't want them.
- Dirty Coward: He and CrabManCarl don't back up Sam and Taurtis when Mr. Dorito tries to get them arrested.
- Fantastic Racism: He discriminates against Pepe because fish hate frogs.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He works multiple jobs. Because of this, he doesn't have a real home.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Even though he resents his other children, he does love his daughter, Patty.
- Overprotective Dad: He doesn't approve of Pepe showing interest in his daughter, PufferFishPatty.
- Petting Zoo People: He's a pufferfish.
- Big Damn Heroes: After Mezaka the robot goes rogue, he shoots it, thus saving Sam and his friends.
- Big Eater: He likes to be paid off with food.
- Master of Disguise: Subverted. He thinks he's this, but it's pretty clear he's wearing different things on his head.
- Off with His Head!: The protagonists are horrified to find out that this is his fate, curtesy of Yuki. Later Played for Laughs.
- Police are Useless: A Running Gag with him is that he doesn't know how to do his job correctly.
- Instead of arresting Dom for attacking Sam, he arrests Sam for fighting Dom.
- Rather than trying to protect Sam and Taurtis from the Yakuza, he gives out their names for chimichangas.
- Instead of arresting Sam and Taurtis for teepeeing Mr. Dorito's headquarters (Sam and Taurtis's old home), he decides to not arrest them. To be fair, even if he did, there weren't any witnesses that they were the ones who did that.
- Pungeon Master: Whenever he does standup, he uses a lot of bad puns.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He follows Sam and Taurtis around a lot.... and it's pretty obvious.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: He claims that he's a student and that he's not a cop. Too bad he has a mustache and is wearing a police uniform.
- Too Dumb to Live: He reveals that he and Sam killed Yuki's father. Even when he's cornered by her, he makes a stupid joke about her father's death.
GreenGreen is Sam and Taurtis's landlord.
- Guys Are Slobs: He has the generic appearance of one.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: It's pretty obvious that he was dressed as Mr. Dorito.
- Selective Obliviousness: He claims that he doesn't know what Sam and Taurtis are talking about when they mention the crumbling apartment complex.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He breaks into Sam and Taurtis's apartment.
- Sticky Fingers: He tries to make off with Sam's engagement ring.
Mr. DoritoMr. Dorito is the owner of the Doritos chips. He's also Dom's father.
- Abusive Parent: He turns into this after Dom learns that he unknowingly hitting on Sam and Taurtis.
- For the Christmas Episode, he buys the school so that Dom can't get an education.
- Asshole Victim: Because of what he did to Dom and everyone else, Dom tries to feed him to the Snowman in the Christmas Episode.
- Badass Mustache
- Disney Death: Like Hidden, he's seemingly fed to the Snowman, but he's found alive after the Snowman is destroyed.
- Doting Parent: For Dom, much to Dom's dismay. He quickly goes into Abusive Parents territory after Dom learns that he was unknowingly attracted to Taurtis and Sam.
- Fiery Redhead: He has vibrant red hair and tends to yell and sue people if they anger him.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He's apparently eager to sue anybody for anything.
- I Have No Son!: He rejects his son while Dom is struggling with the revelation that he was attracted to two of his male classmates.
- Like Father, Like Son: Like his son, he calls Sam and Taurtis "dorks".
StanleyGladiatorStanley is Sam's father.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parent: When Sam takes him to school he shares quite a few embarrassing stories about him.
- Doting Parent: He's not afraid to show that he loves his son.
- In Yandere, he dotes so much on Sam that he doesn't punish his son.
- Meddling Parents: Yandere reveals that he set his son up with Taurtis because he wanted his son to have friends.
- Petting Zoo People: Like his son, he has rabbit ears and a tail. Unlike Sam, though, he has more rabbit-like traits such as buck teeth and a love for carrots.
Old Man KurokamaAn old man who follows Sam and Taurtis around Tokyo regularly.
- Dirty Old Man: He constantly makes advances on Sam and his friends.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He manages multiple jobs like other adult characters.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He doesn't do a good job of hiding his identity.
- Stalker with a Crush: He might be one for Grian. He's constantly hitting on him and sneaks into the school just to spy on him.
- It's also implied that he becomes one for Lizzie. His journal details his creepy obsession for him, including a desire to have her in his house.
Mr. NautilusMr. Nautilus is the owner of the Super Store.
- Bad Boss: He doesn't really help Sam and Grian with settling into their jobs.
- Benevolent Boss: However, for whatever reason, he treats Jason as the best employee.
- Peeping Tom: He shares this with Jason when they spy on Sam and Grian in the employee bathroom.
- Petting Zoo People: He's a fish person.
- Verbal Tic: Like other fish people, he says "wolololo" a lot.
JasonAn employee at the store in Tokyo Soul
- Jerkass: He's inexplicably cruel to Sam and Grian.
- Karma Houdini: He gets away with treating Sam and Grian horribly and is rewarded for "being a good employee".
- Offscreen Teleportation: He's somehow able to beat Sam and Grian to wherever they're trying to go to sell items to a customer.
- Peeping Tom: He and Mr. Nautilus spy on Sam and Grian when they change into their uniforms and try to have private discussions in the employee bathroom.
- Stealing the Credit: He frequently steals Sam and Grian's customers.
- Villain with Good Publicity: He is antagonistic towards Sam and Grian and is constantly praised for being a "good" salesman even though he uses some underhanded tactics to sell merchandise to customers.