Character page for X-DREAMERS.
open/close all folders
X-tra Dimensional Restoration Squad (XDRS)
A yellow-furred canine cyborg alien from a race of technologically advanced warriors. Hails from the Spore universe. Aer was a pilot and a soldier before joining the XDRS.
- Ace Pilot: Aer job at home is a pilot of a spaceship.
- Cyborg: A lot of aer body parts are replaced with metal.
- Starfish Language: Voltese. In addition, without Xkers translator, it doesn't even seem like a language verbally.
An archaeologist with a knack for marksmanship, Lara goes around destroying more than she intends to. Sometimes she almost dies, but someone doesn't like to use mountain climbing gear...
- All Is Well That Ends Well: She doesn't seem to mind getting hurt or almost killed. Trip on a rock? Oh well.
- Anti-Hero: Shes the hero where shes from, but shes not necessarily lawful.
- Confronting Your Imposter: Has confronted her doppelgänger in the past.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two pistols, but uses other guns too.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Happened after her first kill. Is also something she thinks a lot.
The leader of the Illidari, a group of Demon Hunters much like himself. He was also the prophesized "Child of Light and Shadow", but he has long since rejected this destiny in favor of creating his own.
- Alien Blood: His blood is not only green in color, but has a tendency to grant demonic powers. Illidan himself is not fond of this fact.
- The Atoner: A majority of his actions in the XDRS, right down to his reasoning for staying instead of returning to Argus, are his attempt to atone for the torture and suffering he caused in the Black Temple during his insanity.
- Black Speech: Illidan is fluent in the demonic Eredun language.
- Disabled Means Helpless: Averted - not only does he have Spectral Sight to counter this, he will also lampshade it if he's called out on it by openly stating that he is blind, not deaf. Played straight, however, during the Bazaar jailbreak, as the jail's anti-magic field nullifies his Spectral Sight, making him truly blind while the field is active.
- Dual Wielding: Illidan wields the Warglaives of Azzinoth, a pair of distinct blades.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Played straight with Illidan's "eyes" glowing straight through his blindfold. Of course, they aren't exactly eyes anymore.
- In the Local Tongue: Illidan speaks Eredun, the language of Azeroth's demons, extremely often. While he only does so once for each person listening, he does explain the meaning behinds the words.
- Manly Gay: Just because Illidan has a crush on Xander doesn't mean he drops his own masculine traits.
- Mr. Fanservice: Half-elf, half-demon, muscular, perpetually shirtless, etc.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Played straight when he accidentally corrupts Xander with his blood.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Illidan's former title as the Betrayer is this. Even he occasionally wants to run away from it.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: Do not expect him to allow you to cut his hair. It has never been trimmed in his life and this is the reason why.
- Oh My Gods!: Illidan often invokes Elune (or simply "goddess").
- Poor Communication Kills: He is very bad at getting his point across, and he has very poor social skills on top of that.
- Resurrective Immortality: Heavily implied due to his immortal demon soul. Of course, it might take a few days... or weeks... or years.
- Status Buff: Downplayed as he'd prefer not to do so, but given enough focus, Illidan can share his Spectral Sight among others.
- 10,000 Years: Played straight in many of Illidan's aspects, from his imprisonment, to his memory, to his age.
- Token Evil Teammate: If not morally dubious, then he is undoubtedly one of the nastiest XDRS agents to date.
- Up to Eleven: This is especially true when it comes to Illidan's inner demon, as it increases his combat prowess at the cost of potentially becoming Drunk on the Dark Side. This gets even worse if his emotions are in turmoil.
- Violation of Common Sense: Illidan neglected to get his wounds bandaged, much less healed, before picking up Xander bridal-style and fleeing with him. This led to their blood mixing, and it all went downhill from there.
- Voice of the Legion: Getting Illidan angry enough causes his voice to gain a noticeable demonic echo.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Illidan isn't just bad at romance, he's never truly felt it before... until he met Xander.
- You Mean X Mas: A vast majority of Azeroth's hoildays are this. Noblegarden, Hallow's End, and the Feast of Winter's Veil are a few examples.
A Pokemon Trainer with three Pokemon - a Lunala nicknamed Tsuki, an Incineroar nicknamed Akatsuki, and a Malamar without a nickname - who was undergoing her Island Challenge when disaster struck in the form of Necrozma. Now she trains her Pokemon not only to finish the Island Challenge, but to stop Necrozma from stealing the light of the Alola Region.
- Hammer Space: Ray's bag can seemingly hold things that are many times her own weight and seemingly never runs out of space.
- Oh My Gods!: Ray often invokes Arceus and likens the Distortion World to Hell.
- Pokémon Speak: Played straight by Akatsuki and Malamar. Downplayed with Tsuki - while she is still perfectly capable of Pokemon Speak, the anomaly that swept up Ray granted Tsuki the ability to speak fluent English.
- Signature Move: Tsuki's Moongeist Beam and Akatsuki's Darkest Lariat (and their Z-Moves Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom and Malicious Moonsault, respectively).
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: Inverted - Tsuki has stated that she doesn't like using Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom because it is overkill.
- Up to Eleven: The name of the move Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom is already Up To Eleven. The move is even more so.
Towa Akagi/Cure Scarlet
The princess of the Hope Kingdom, Towa was kidnapped as a child and brainwashed into becoming the Black Princess, Twilight. Now broken of that brainwashing and having atoned for the wrongs she committed as Twilight, she fights as Cure Scarlet to reclaim her home from the evil Dyspear.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Towa is nice and polite and it is honestly pretty hard to make her angry... so when she does snap, run for the hills - she's going to make sure you regret it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Towa's past as the Black Princess, Twilight. It does not help that she was essentially Brainwashed and Crazy on top of that.
- Elegant Classical Musician: If her attacks relying on the Scarlet Violin are any indication, then Towa is quite the skilled violinist.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Her outfit as Cure Scarlet is quite frilly, and her Mode Elegant is even more so. It doesn't mean she can't deliver a decent butt-whooping.
- Musical Assassin: All of her attacks require the Scarlet Violin.
- Super Drowning Skills: She cannot swim under any circumstances, much to her dismay and embarrassment.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: The entire transformation scene for Towa into Cure Scarlet is implied to actually occur in an instant.
- What's Up, King Dude?: Downplayed; while Towa is quite casual with royalty, one must not forget that she is also royalty and thus is actually of equal social status.
A young Seeker of the Sun Miqote who makes ends meet as an adventurer, going wherever the wind takes her despite being the chosen warrior of the Mother Crystal Hydaelyn. Dont get her wrong: she loves taking down bad guys and helping those who are in trouble - she just doesnt care about the entire idea of being a chosen one."
- Call to Adventure: The entire sum of Temeraire's being prior to joining the XDRS is the life of an adventurer.
- The Chosen One: Expect Temeraire to downplay this; she literally does not care about this at all. Regardless, she is one of these.
- Combat Clairvoyance: Temeraire's Echo allows her to sense her own impending doom ahead of time and react accordingly; however, she can only see it if it is mere seconds ahead of time.
- The Gift: Temeraire possesses the Echo, a unique ability that allows her to witness past events as if she were there. However, it can trigger on anyone, at any time, in any place, so more often than not, the dizziness that follows serves to only piss her off.
- Good Is Not Soft: Just because Temeraire loves doing good doesn't mean she's a softie or pushover.
- Immune to Mind Control: Downplayed; while the Echo makes Temeraire this towards the Primals and their brainwashing, whether or not it works against other forms of mind control is a complete mystery, even to her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her love of doing good, Temeraire is still a crafty Miqo'te at heart, and that means playing pranks and teasing others. Most of her pranks are, unsurprisingly, aimed at those who tend to piss her off.
- Oh My Gods!: Not only does Temeraire invoke a pantheon of twelve gods as a whole, she also invokes each one by name according to the situation, or even can invoke the name of a thirteenth in the form of the Mothercrystal, Hydaelyn. To say this is taken Up to Eleven is an understatement.
- Omniglot: Downplayed; while the Echo allows Temeraire to understand any Eorzean language, whether or not it extends to every language in the multiverse is a mystery... and there's a multiversal translator anyway.
- Renaissance Man: Temeraire is skilled at pretty much everything... except for white magic.
- What's Up, King Dude?: Temeraire is very casual towards everybody she meets, even those who are of higher social standing than her (royalty or otherwise).
- You Mean X Mas: Many of Eorzea's holidays are this. Notable examples are Hatchingtide, All Saints' Wake, and the Starlight Celebration.
A missing-nin from the Village Hidden in the Mist. But surprise surprise, he is also the jinchūriki host of the six-tailed slug, Saiken!
- Backstory Horror: In headcanon, has a stepbrother from his fathers first marriage who liked to terrorize him. In canon: Exiled and lived as a fugitive because his previous master tried to extract the beast from his body, which would have killed him. Instead, his beast killed his master.
- Berserk Button: He really doesnt like it when people with some sort of great power are used as weapons or tools.
- Big Brother Instinct: Serves as a big brother figure (esp for Tien).
- Bittersweet Ending: Just as his arc ended and he finally decided to accept his role as a master to Hotaru, he was taken away by Pain to have his beast extracted and, in turn, Uta would have died. And yet he somehow wound up here...
- Idiot Hair: Has a small idiot hair sticking from his head.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Saiken doesnt pop up much. But Utakata communicates with them often.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs cover the left side of his face. Does he even have a left eye?
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Saiken is more hostile towards humans due to being used as a weapon for a long time.
- Starting a New Life: A fresh start for Utakata, the X-Dreamers seems to be much more adventurous than he expected.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Theres too much danger back at home for him to go back, at least by himself.
A rather shy young woman with some kickass powers. Possesses the ability to use water powers through her Branch. Shes also a killer kick boxer and baker.
- Good Is Not Soft: Dont get her wrong- shes a kind girl. But she isnt afraid to punch you in the face.
- Hype Aversion: In-Universe. Dont crowd her with the same recommendation. No Cheryl, she will not join your bands cult.
A sweet young kunoichi from the Village Hidden in the Leaves. Shes very adventurous and willingly came to XDRS.
- Adorkable: Just an all around sweet summer child, very dorky when it comes to her favorite things.
- Dual Wielding: Her Main weapon is a set of twin blades in which she will pin you with one and attack with the other.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: She keeps her hair in tip top shape- touch it and die.
- Twin Banter: She has a twin who she banters with a lot at home.