Characters that have officially appeared in the game, the comics, and other related material to World of Warships.
Captain Bad AdviceThe official mascot of World of Warships.
- General Failure: A captain who can't seem to avoid getting sunk either by accident or by the enemy.
Lilfish OGCaptain Bad Advice's pet companion.
- Promoted to Playable: Was made available as a German Captain of the Destroyer Blue Aster in the 2018 Spaceships Special Event.
DashaThe Official spokesperson of World of Warships.
- Promoted to Playable: For the 2018 3rd Anniversary Special, Dasha was available for purchase as a Captain of any nation. Properly dressed in attire that was uniquely distinct for the represented nation. (I.E. Japanese Dasha in Kimono)
Captain of the Southern DragonA unique Captian that comes with the Southern Dragon which was available for the 2017 Lunar New Year Special Event.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Literally a Chinese Dragon. Specifically one that looks like the Southern Dragon King.
Capt. Salty McGraw & Ens. Tate R. SmithThe Main characters of Naval Nonsense, an official comic started in May 2018. Captain Salty McGraw, as his name indicates, is a veteran of (virtual) naval warfare and familiar with how life and battle goes in World of Warships ever since Open Beta. Ensign Tate R. Smith is the new crew member who is slowly realizing that the historical tactics and logistics of real life don't exactly apply here.
- Berserk Button: Capt. McGraw hates the extremely non-historical ship aesthetic "camo" designs, and Anime Ship-Girls.Smith:(In response to the Captain spotting Monaghan and her Eagle Land style ship "camo") Relax, Sir. Like you always tell me: "It's just a game!"
Capt. McGraw: A game based on history, Ensign. History!
- Cloudcuckoolander: Capt. Salty is this to the traditional warfare minded Ensign Smith. The Captain in return holds Smith as one regarding some of Smith's habits, such as wanting to make use of the classic "Crossing the T" tactic.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Of course since Captain Salty presents the "meta" or "high skill level" way of playing the game, he tends to be right.
- Insane Troll Logic: How do signal flags grant all those bonuses such as preventing magazine detonation or boosting the ship's top speed? "Magic".note
- Lampshade Hanging: Rather common with the two, given some of the game's nature.
- Copious amounts of a certain brand of lubricant and anti-corrosion oil that comes in blue and yellow cans are implied to be the secret behind how the "Expert Marksman" Captain's skill improves main battery turret traverse speeds
- One part of the ship on fire? Ah no need to worry about it. Two or more? Fine, deploy the Damage Control Party.
Ch. Eng. JoslynA supporting character that manages all the repair and resupply details back at the port.
- The Engineer: Besides the fact that her rank and role is Chief Engineer, Joslyn more than qualifies for the title given she's able to get any ship salvaged, repaired, and operational again within minutes after a battle.
Ship Girl Monaghan #1287 & Ship Girl Clemson #2441Introduced as dedicated rivals to the main characters of Naval Nonsense.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, Monaghan is the sworn mortal enemy of McGraw whose grudge is so black that she would rather die than make peace. As evidenced by Monaghan RAGING at the mere thought of talking to McGraw when Joslyn suggests doing so. Its hinted that its partly related to McGraw switching the settings for announcer voice when Monaghan first appeared from a ship-girl voice back to standard to get rid of her.
- Troll: Monaghan really enjoys pushing all of Salty McGraw's Beserk Buttons.
Ship Girl Z-39 #682 and Ship Girl Ernst Gaede #4323Introduced in the spin-off "Fune no Gaiden" as apparent stand-ins for when the main characters are absent.
- Fake Nationality: Ernst Gaede is a German shipgirl who is from...Oregon.
- Foil: To Capt. McGraw and Ensign Smith, with their behavior split and mixed between the two. Ernst Gaede is really into role-playing and using tactics questionable in effectiveness for the game like Tate. And Monaghan's more outlandish/exotic camo choices, such as a Space Gearing causes Gaede to become furious in rage much like McGraw. Z-39 however has all of McGraw's laid back attitude taken to the extreme regarding everything, as well as his knowledge of tactics in game.
Kirishima (Human)/ Kirishima (Teddy Bear)Captain of the ARP Kirishima which was available for the 2016 Arpeggio of Blue Steel Special Event. Kirishima is also the name of a Teddy Bear.
IsorokuA cat from High School Fleet.
- Promoted to Playable: Isoroku was made available to be earned as a Captain during a High School Fleet April 2018 Special Event.
Golden KonungA French Captain of the Battleship Paris during the 2018 Spaceships Special Event.
Pete EarthlingA German Captain of the Battleship AllDestroyer during the 2018 Spaceships Special Event.
Queen BeeA Japanese Captain of the Carrier Hellcarrier during the 2018 Spaceships Special Event.
11010111101001A Japanese Captain of the Cruiser Zaya during the 2018 Spaceships Special Event.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He's (or it, considering that the gender of this character has not been officially determined) an anthropomorphic dolphin robot whose design was based on the Combat Dolphins for April Fools.