Our protagonist, a wizard in training. Like any other 16 year old, he bends the rules and can be conscience of his social standing. But he ultimately has a good heart and would immediately rescue someone in trouble. He finds Benny's attempts to find logic in magic exasperating, but ultimately finds him a good friend.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At times.
A young man obsessed with science, he unwittingly gets dragged into the magical world. He tries to find logic in it, despite protests magic and science work under different laws. He soon joins the fold and contributes his scientific knowledge in the battle against the Nekross.
- Badass Bookworm: Attempts to use his scientific know-how against the Nekross.
- Black and Nerdy: A certified genius, in fact.
- Muggle Best Friend: To Tom, and also the first Unenchanted (other than his father) to know about his powers.
- Straight Gay: Mostly only in spoilers here because he himself didn't come out until the world was apparently ending]].
Tom's kind grandmother, a well known magic user who is getting a bit dotty in her old years. Nevertheless, one still shouldn't cross her!
- Doting Parent: Generally more indulgent than Michael.
- Inept Mage: Her magic often messes up. By her own admission this is the result of getting on in years.
- Never Mess with Granny: She is powerful, even if her magic often backfires.
Tom's father and Ursula's son-in-law. Despite being "Unenchanted," Mr. Clarke would do anything to protect his family.
A hobgoblin who serves Ursula in the Chamber of Crowe.
- Insistent Terminology: He's a hobgoblin.
- Last-Name Basis: People often refer to him as "Moon."
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Token Non-Human: Of the main heroes.
A classmate of Tom and Benny's, she doesn't approve of Benny being bullied but doesn't go out of her way to hang out with him. Tom has a crush on her, and she seemingly returns it.
- Muggle: And unlike Benny or Michael, not really involved in the magical plot.
A friend of Tom's on the football team, who doesn't quite approve of Tom's kindling friendship with Benny.
King of the Nekross' home planet Nekron and father of Varg and Lexi, in charge of their mission to find and consume all known magic on Earth. Due to his obese size, he is immobile on the Nekross starship Zarantulus.
- Adipose Rex: So big, in fact, that his face and shoulders form a wall-sized section of the Nekross ship.
- Bad Boss: At best, he'll just gorge on magic right in front of you. At worst, he'll gorge on you, or feed you to the Skorpulus.
- Galactic Conqueror: Pretty much rules most of the universe at this point.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: According to Lexi, he ascended the throne by eating his own brother.
- When Chancellor Kooth returns to the Zarantulus after betraying him, he eats her alive.
Prince of Nekron; son of the Nekross King and Lexi's older brother, who fights the Wizards with brute strength. Like his father, he is demanding and determined to find all magic on Earth at all costs.
- The Brute: Tends to go for the direct approach, compared to Lexi, who's more of a schemer.
- The Dragon: Even moreso than his sister (though they're often Co-Dragons).
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: At times. He seems legitimately concerned about the possibility that his father might have him executed, while Lexi doesn't even question that he would.
Princess of Nekron; daughter of the Nekross King and Varg's younger sister, whose strategy skills and in-depth research into Earth's culture helps the Nekross in their battle against the Wizards. Later forms an on-again-off-again relationship with Tom. At the end of series 2, she becomes human along with son Benny JR, however it's unknown how and where they live together.
- Dating Catwoman: For Tom, and she starts developing real feelings for him.
- Females Are More Innocent: Not a strict rule of this show as there are female villains who are quite nasty and unrepentantly dangerous (hello, Kooth), but Lexi is less evil than her brother and father and shows more regard for humanity in general.
- Humanity Ensues: In the Season 2 finale.
- Younger Than They Look: She reveals to Tom that she is 17, while her actress is in her mid-thirties.