Itachi van Alstyne
The central character, and bastard son of the late Itachi Uchiha.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after his father.
- Eye Scream: His eye is sliced by Yukio during their bout.
- Eyepatch of Power: Sasuke gives him a bandana bearing the Uchiha fan symbol to use as one.
- Heroic Bastard: Lucia and Itachi senior had numerous liaisons, but never actually married.
- Heroic BSoD: Goes into one when he discovers from Sasuke what his father really did.
- Mind Rape: Gets subjected to one from Sasuke, who forces him to see what the first Itachi did to the Uchiha clan.
- Nom de Mom: Uses his mother's maiden name while in Konoha.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He's described by several characters as looking exactly like Itachi senior.
- Training from Hell: Sasuke puts him through it during the month before his bout with Yukio.
- Worst Aid: During their genin test, Itachi reflexively pulls out the kunai Sakura caught him in the leg with despite Haro's warnings, and is promptly called out by Haro for it. Fortunately, Haro comes from a family of medical ninja.
Rina van Alstyne
Itachi's little sister.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: She learned how to perform Chidori by watching Sasuke.
- Child Prodigy: She has an instinctual grasp of genjutsu, and learned how to perform Chidori just by watching Sasuke do it. Sasuke actually notes this as proof that Rina is Itachi senior's daughter.
- Distressed Damsel: She's taken captive by the Grass under the employ of the Higher Houses from Lucia's homeland.
- Heroic Bastard: She was conceived during one of Lucia's various liaisons with Itachi senior.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself when Yukio damages Itachi's eye during their fight.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Lucia herself notes that Rina looks so much like her that even she isn't certain who her father is.
Lucia van Alstyne
Itachi and Rina's mother, and one of the main protagonists.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Subverted; during the climax, Marnix cuts her face with a knife, though it's uncertain if said cut will scar.
- Broken Bird: She witnessed her mother's murder as a child, and married into an abusive relationship. By the story's present, she's so broken that she regards both Hinata's love for Naruto and Ino and Sakura's friendship with curiosity.
- Casual Kink: She's a masochist.
- Good Parents: No matter how you feel about her, there's no doubt she loves Itachi and Rina dearly.
- Heroic BSoD: She completely falls apart when the Grass capture Rina.
- Love Epiphany: Comes to the realization that she had fallen in love with Itachi during their time together after a session with Ibiki. It can bring one to tears as by that point, Itachi is long dead and is not coming back.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She's dark-haired, pale-skinned, and considered beautiful by several other characters.
- Really Gets Around: She mentions at one point that she lost her virginity when she was Amaya's age (around 12-13). Furthermore, Marnix mentions in chapter 25 that she slept around with several men before she was even 16.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Subverted; despite being a masochist, she openly admits she has her limits, and her sessions with Itachi Uchiha often exceeded them.
The Chick of Team 4, Itachi's squad.
- Blinded by the Light: Her trademark White Star jutsu has this effect.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died during a mission when Amaya was just a toddler; part of the reason Naruto has her assigned to Sakura's squad is because he believes that having a female role model will benefit her.
- She Is All Grown Up: She was an early bloomer at the Ninja Academy.
The Medic of Team 4.
- Combat Medic: Like their jonin-sensei Sakura, Haro is aiming to become one.
The School Idol of Itachi's graduation class.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: At the beginning. He comes around a bit after he slices Itachi's eye during their fight and Naruto talks some sense into him.
- Jerkass: He constantly mocks Itachi's team and is overall jerkish.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite this, he tries to save Rina from getting kidnapped, and when he saves her from getting killed, he gently comforts her and holds her hand.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy he may be, but even Yukio knows that it's better for a genin like him to escape and get help rather than try to take on four Grass jonin at once.
- Innocently Insensitive: Despite having done such things as mock Amaya's bust size and constantly tease Haro, he is genuinely surprised to discover that Haro and Amaya dislike him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After he damages Itachi's eye, he's actually quite shaken up about it.
- Rage Against the Reflection: After the bout with Itachi, he punches out the bathroom mirror while washing his hands.
- School Idol: He's noted to be the best of the genin, and has quite the fan club.
A Grass chunin.
- Big Sister Instinct: Part of the reason she refuses to back out of her "mission" is to prevent her younger sister from becoming her replacement.
- The Dog Bites Back: After being forced to become Marnix's Sex Slave, during chapter 24, she stops him from torturing Lucia and attacks him directly.
- Sex Slave: She's forced to become one to Marnix, much to her disgust.
A Grass genin and Kaia's younger sister.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She's first mentioned by Kaia in chapter 22. Come the end of chapter 24, she personally goes to Naruto to beg him for aid.
- Defector from Decadence: She's so disgusted by what the Higher Houses have done to her home that she personally goes straight to Naruto and begs him to intervene and stop them before things get any worse.
- A Father to His Men: His "precious people" now comprises everyone in Konoha, and his skill with clones translates well to administration — he knows which shinobi do best at certain tasks, delegates accordingly, and respects their knowledge and abilities.
- Big Good: He's the Hokage, and he's really good at it.
- Official Couple: With Hinata.
- Birds of a Feather: With Lucia. Both are emotionally disabled people who love deeply and are forced to put up a facade and make hard choices to protect those they care about.
- Hidden Depths: Itachi used sex to train Lucia in torture resistance, and then spent his last days with her pretending to be a happy, normal couple. While it isn't clear whether or not Itachi had fallen in love with her like she had him (even if she hadn't realized it yet), and we'll never know if he did, it's quite obvious that he nonetheless cared quite deeply about her, and understood her burdens enough to help her get through them after his demise.
- Let Them Die Happy: To himself. After his disease got worse and death was soon approaching, Itachi's only request to Lucia during their last days together was that they'd act like a happy, normal couple.
- Posthumous Character: He's long dead by the start of the story, yet his influence (much like in canon) still echoes in the present storyline.
- Stealth Mentor: To Lucia. Ibiki had come to realize that Itachi constantly going beyond her limits during sex was actually him training her to withstand torture.