All Trope names will be unmarked. Beware of spoiler Tropes.
The main protagonist.
He was transferred to Yeondu Highschool in 2001. He became involved in the paranormal events that took place on March 13th, when he sneaked into the school to give So-Yeong her diary back, as well as some White Day candy.
- Canon Name: Lee Hui-Min.
- Dub Name Change: The Japanese version calls him Yamamoto Yuuto.
- Generic Guy: Very little is known about him.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The player could name him whatever they wanted in the original version. The remake removed this option, giving him an official name.
- New Transfer Student: Seong-Ah and Ji-Hyeon quickly identify him as this.
- Nice Guy: All he wants to do is return So-Yeong's diary and give her some candy.
- Silent Protagonist: Never says a word, but does have dialogue options during certain cutscenes.
So-Yeong is a mysterious, yet polite girl at Yeondu Highschool, and is the object of Hui-Min's affection. She left her diary behind during a break, which Hui-Min picked up and is planning to return to her.
She had an older sister, Na-Yeong, who hung herself three years prior.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Seong-Ah's Veronica.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Seong-Ah is suspicious of her and her involvement with the school.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Not very affected by the strange going-ons at the school and doesn't let it stop her working towards her goal. Justified, as she has been seeing her sister's ghost for three years.
- Damsel in Distress: The first Boss is a tree ghost, whose roots kidnap her.
- Dub Name Change: She is called Shinomiya Shizuku in the Japanese version.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Seong-Ah's red. She's quite and passive, compared to Seong-Ah.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: The former game director said that the personalities of the three female students have the motifs of the characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion. So-Yeong was based off of Rei.
Seong-Ah is a very hot-headed girl. She's a student at the Yeondu Highschool and has a connection to a fire accident that occured in 1998. Seong-Ah doesn't trust Hui-Min or So-Yeong, even having a strong dislike for the latter.
- Alpha Bitch: Has a very sharp tongue and won't hesitate to tell Hui-Min off.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to So-Yeong's Betty.
- Dead All Along: Died from an asthma attack during the fire in the Home Economics Room three years ago.
- Dub Name Change: The Japanese version calls her Fujinoi Sayaka.
- Expy: The former game director said that the personalities of the three female students have the motifs of the characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion. Seong-Ah was based off of the hot-headed Asuka.
- Hot-Blooded: She can snap easily.
- Ms. Fanservice: Definitely this in the remake. Her swimsuit and her Christmas◊ dlc outfits certainly show off a lot of her figure. Especially her rather impressive bust.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to So-Yeong's blue. Seong-Ah is loud and aggressive, compared to So-Yeong.
- Tsundere: Shows shades of this when she learns that Hui-Min is planning on giving White Day candy to So-Yeong.
Ji-Hyeon is a shy, timid, and also very curious girl. She seems to be close friends with Seong-Ah and So-Yeong. She helps Hui-Min dodge the janitor early on, warning him that he can be a little intense with his punishment for students roaming the school at night.
- Break the Cutie: Seems to be the only one affected by what's going on.
- Dub Name Change: She's called Tominaga Hikari in the Japanese version.
- Extreme Doormat: Averted. She starts out as one, but stands up to Seong-Ah partway through the game.
- Expy: The former game director said that the personalities of the three female students have the motifs of the characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion. Ji-Hyeon was based off of Shinji.
- In-Series Nickname: Called Glasses Girl by some students.
- Meganekko: Rectangular glasses.
Yoo Ji-Min is a new protagonist in the 2017 remake.
- Dub Name Change: The Japanese version calls her Kisaragi Hina.
- Fangirl: Admires So-Yeong and is fascinated by her.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hair is divided into two pigtails.
- Guide Dang It!: Unlocking and playing as her. Obtain one of So-Yeong's endings. Find at least 10 of her wall doodles in Section 1 by the time you obtain the Wooden Token. Watch the CCTV footage in the principal's office 3 times, then head to the biology lab immediately. Once Hui-Min saves Ji-Min, the player switches over to her.
- Hair Decorations: Wears small, blue ribbons.
- New Game+: She is only playable on a second playthrough or onward.