This is the character sheet for Whiskey Cavalier.
Agency Task Force
- Played by: Scott Foley
A straight-laced FBI Special Agent with the code name "Whiskey Cavalier", who is very much in touch with his feelings.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In "Spain, Trains & Automobiles", Will's Marine unit in Iraq was attacked by rogue Marines led by Jimmy.
- Experienced Protagonist: He's a FBI agent stationed in Paris from the American Embassy for a long time and an ex-Iraqi War veteran with the US military.
- The Fettered: He is capable of extreme violence but tempers it with a rock-solid belief that he's supposed to save lives, not take them.
- Heartbroken Badass: Will starts the series having hit rock-bottom after his fiancée left him, locking himself away in his apartment to binge on junk food, romantic comedies, and love songs.
- Never Live It Down: His failed proposal was caught on a security camera and widely shared among American security agencies.
- Nice Guy: He's a friendly guy who tries to see the best in people Frankie calls this out as a weakness. He's so nice that he won't even directly call out his former best friend for betraying his trust... although that didn't stop him from beating the crap out of him when he first found out.
- One-Man Army: He's one of the FBI's best field operatives, capable of taking down multiple armed opponents without even blinking.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Susan, who he heavily relies on whenever he's feeling unsure about himself, and who is upgraded to his best friend after Ray slept with his then-fiance.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He enjoys romantic comedies and love ballads and turns to them for comfort in the wake of a bad breakup. He also loves romance, in general, and finds himself getting weepy when witnessing a proposal in Paris.
- Sole Survivor: Of his Marine unit in Iraq after Jimmy leads an ambush on it.
- We Used to Be Friends: Will's friendship with Ray goes right down the tubes when Will finds out that Ray's been having an affair with his ex (which started while they were still together.
- Played by: Lauren Cohan
A CIA Agent code named "Fiery Tribune", with a direct and lethal disposition.
- Action Girl: She is a cold-blooded killer who has no problem taking down pretty much every opponent who crosses her path.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Has no problem with gouging an eye out of a corpse, and does so with an almost serene, if not outright gleeful, disposition.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was an assassin for hire before joining the CIA. Frankie's parents died in a plane crash, leaving her as the only survivor.
- Experienced Protagonist: Frankie's an experienced CIA agent for many years before meeting Will.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She finds herself feeling jealous when seeing other women with Will.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Acts like she doesn't care about any of them, but she confronted Ray about sleeping with Will's then-fiance (although she acted like she was doing it to prevent Will's feelings from getting in the way of their job).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Confronts Ray and warns him not to hurt Will again.
- More Deadly Than the Male: She's the most ruthless member of the team. Whereas Will looks for ways to talk his way towards his objectives, Frankie has a strike first and strike hard mentality.
- Noodle Incident: Frankie's mercenary days in Berlin has every known bad guy trying to at least kill her (if the situation warrants it) for what happened there.
- The Only One I Trust: Jai is this, for her.
- Pet the Dog/Kick the Dog: Executes both versions of this trope with one action, for Will and Ray, respectively. At the end of the second episode, she cut Ray's brake lines and threatens him if he ever hurts Will again.
- Really Gets Around: She has no problem having sex with anyone who's interested as she sees sex as a means to an end.
- The Unfettered: She prefers inflicting the maximum possible violence in order to achieve her objectives.
- Played by: Ana Ortiz
An FBI profiler and Will's close friend.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Susan takes an immediate liking to Frankie after briefly perusing her profile and can't help but gush when the two of them finally meet.
- Omniglot: Cheerfully claims she speaks nine languages in a game of oneupmanship with Jai.
- Platonic Life-Partners: She's very close with Will, and acts as emotional support when he feels down. She's upgraded to best friend status after Ray slept with Will's then-fiance.
- The Profiler: This is her explicit job description, using her knowledge and evidence to build suspect profiles and anticipate what will happen next.
- Played by: Tyler James Williams
An NSA analyst and master hacker.
- Crazy-Prepared: "Mrs. & Mr. Trowbridge" has him bring along a second bottle of drugged wine, when the mission only called for one, in the event that their target's bodyguard turns out to be cannier than the average mook.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Edgar's accused of being a hacker selling classified info to the black market before he was cleared.
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: He accidentally shoots Jai in the arm during "When in Rome". Fortunately, it's just a graze.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: He tries show that he's suited to become a field agent by citing his extensive experience as a gamer.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: He's supposed to hang back and provide the team with information when they're out in the field. He resents this, however.
- Played by: Vir Das
A CIA agent who provides Frankie with technical support and may be her only real friend.
- Agent Peacock: A natty dresser and one of the few people Frankie actually trusts to have her back.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He is responsible for much of tech the team uses.
- Insufferable Genius: Jai is a master at what he does and it gives him a massive ego.
- Knife Nut: He carries at least two knives with him and uses a kerambit for hand-to-hand combat.
- Omniglot: He says he can speak seven languages.
- The Only One I Trust: Jai is the only one Frankie trusts.
- Platonic Life-Partners: He is Frankie's closest (and maybe only) friend.
- Properly Paranoid: He doesn't trust easily and keeps his teammates bugged so he can keep tabs on them.
- Played by: Josh Hopkins
An idiotic FBI Special Agent who used to be friends with Will, he is also the team's handler.
- Butt-Monkey: His boss had been stealing from the evidence locker because of his incompetence, and even the team now treats him this way after he slept with Will's then-fiance.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can mow through multiple armed mooks with little trouble.
- Friendless Background: He says he never had many friends and that Will, in fact, was his only friend for a while.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Types II, IV, and possibly VI. VERY quickly falls into this position after sleeping with Will's then-girlfriend and being partly responsible for the failed proposal that sends Will into a Heroic BSoD. In fact, NOBODY on the team has any sympathy for him because of it. Frankie even goes as far as to call him out for it. Ray appears to be utterly and completely oblivious to the fact no one on the team can stand him and acts like he's accepted as one of them. He also doesn't seem to grasp the fact that Will isn't going to just brush off Ray sleeping with Will's ex when they were still together and hates his guts. His obvious desperation to hang out with them doesn't help, either.
Will: Ray, I feel like we've been down this road before so I'm going to let Jai take this one.Jai: Ok. Ray, you broke his heart when you stole his girl and he hates your guts. I'm on the fence.
- In episode 6, Will just has to stare when Ray talks about how his new girlfriend "is a keeper" and suggests they all go out for drinks.
- The Handler: Much to the team's chagrin, he is appointed as their liaison to their home agencies, providing them with backup, logistics and information.
- The Load: He is terrible at his job, botching an operation by running late due to sleeping with some girl, driving down the wrong road, and getting Will shot in the process. He is so incompetent that he doesn't notice his boss continuously stealing from the evidence locker Ray is in charge of, to sell the stuff on the black market.