Featured are some of the most prominent characters in When Universes Collide. Keep in mind that there are a variety of canonical characters used within the server, and thus will not be noted here. Listed will be original characters, and canonical characters that have enough changes to differentiate themselves from their original counterparts.
As A Whole:
- Kid Hero: Nearly the entire group consists of children, including the captain.
Zachary "Zach" Higgins
- Badass Normal: Despite being probably the most normal person in WUC, Zachary takes on malignant alien overlords, evil androids, and authoritarian societies on the regular.
- The Gunslinger: His main weapon is not one, but two revolvers. At fourteen years old.
- The Leader: Zachary Higgins is the leader of the STARBORD group, often manning the ship himself.
- Parental Abandonment: From a very early age, Zachary's father had been missing from his life, the only thing in his life relating directly back to his father being the ship he pilots, the STARBORD.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Subverted. It is made apparent that because of his frequent adventuring, Zachary doesn't have an active school life, much to the distress of his mother.
- Aliens Speaking English: Kherrack is able to speak fluent English despite not being human.
- Anti-Hero: Because of forced Sith training, Kherrack had been introduced to the Dark Side of the Force, and often has outbursts of unwarranted violence because of it.
- Kung-Fu Kid: Kherrack is trained in martial arts in accordance with the alien people he hails from.
- The Lancer: Generally faithful to this trope. Kherrack is often critical of his leader Zach, disarming him with snarky comments and the like.
- Alternate Universe: WUC follows the same continuity as the original Phantom Blood, in which Jonathan Joestar dies in the end after a final confrontation with the bodyless head of Dio Brando, however this version of Jonathan hails from an alternate timeline in which he survives.
- The Big Guy: Subverted, sort of. Jojo doesn't represent a stereotypical big guy, but he does exhibit signs of being a Gentle Giant, often acting as a sort of father figure for Zachary.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Jonathan Joestar appears through a temporal rip, transporting him from the past to the present (2066 in WUC's case). As such, he is subject to the changes in society brought upon by a century of human development.
Penelope "Penny" Bartlett
- Chosen One: Penny is the ninth in a line of legendary warriors known as the Valkyr, which, as described in ancient texts, would be the Valkyr to emerge during the return of the evil deity Aldruidt and the one to lead the galaxy against him. Or so she is led to believe.
- Henshin Hero: Penny has a superpowered form inherent to her bloodline that she can trigger at will.
- Prehensile Hair: One of Penny's abilities is to stretch out the length of her hair and use it as a weapon. It can also conduct electricity.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Penny's primary method of attack, and probably the closest hint you're ever going to get that her powers were inspired by Jojo's Star Platinum.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Penny barely has any friends outside of the STARBORD crew, and often falls behind when it comes to social interactions with others.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Aside from her normal superpowered form, Penny also has a more bestial form in which an animalistic, ravenous persona takes over.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Generally more faithful to the trope than Zach, considering that they live quite a few states away and she doesn't have a trans-dimensional spaceship at the ready, evil usually has to come her way.
- Eldritch Abomination: This.
- Destroyer Deity: According to ancient texts, Aldruidt is destined to make his return and destroy everything.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Aldruidt had to be sealed away in a dimension made just to contain him, since he was one of the more powerful of the pantheon of gods, however the seal gets weaker and weaker with every passing eon.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Aldruidt's goal is to destroy the omniverse, however by doing this he means to end the cycle of war and destruction that he believes the omniverse is stuck in.
- Bio-Augmentation: Malthael begins to genetically modify Arya's internal anatomy to resemble an Angel's the longer he's inside Arya's body, simply by his presence alone. An example of this is that her body no longer contains a single drop of blood. When she's injured in any way, the skin around the wound disintegrates into metallic dust and heavenly light seeps through the open wound.
- Mind Rape: Often a tactic employed by Arya Stark upon her victims. And Sansa Stark upon Arya.
- Willing Channeler: Arya Stark willingly allows the Angel Malthael of the Diablo franchise to possess her body in order to take revenge for the apparent death of Jon Snow at the hands of Dark Phoenix.