The first adopted child of the Nobels, owners of Gold Dust Company, the largest subsidiary of Schnee Dust. He was a regular kid until he and his parents were caught up in a Grimm-caused car crash when he was seven, killing both his parents and leaving him with a burn scar on his left side. Swearing extermination on the Grimm to avenge his parents' death, Pius has been preparing to become a Huntsman ever since.
He was partnered with Urujauni Ukungu and leader of Team JUMP. But with Urujauni's departure and Alexia's entrance as her replacement, he became her partner and leader of Team NAMI.
- Anger Born of Worry: He gets angry at Urujauni because her arrogance threatens to harm herself and others, and he is markedly unhappy with how Alexia emotionally cut herself off from everyone else after Umbra 13.
- Badass Bookworm: Well-read in Dust mechanics, science, and Grimm-killing.
- Badass Longcoat: Though he takes it off when in school. Or when it gets real.
- Bad Dreams: Every time Pius has fallen asleep for the night, he starts resting his body, but not his mind.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: He doesn't speak much compared to the others, but he is capable of causing lots of damage on his own.
- Childhood Friends: With Alexia and—surprisingly—Weiss Schnee.
- Coat Cape: He used to his longcoat like this when in combat, but now that Dies Irae covers his entire body this trope is only in effect if he equips pieces of it.
- Color-Coded Characters: Gray
- Did Not Get the Girl: That is, if he was in love with Urujauni. Which Word of God says was slowly becoming the case with Pius.
- Et Tu, Urujauni?: Urujauni's words against him being team leader, in front of the entire assembly, cut him deeply even though he doesn't want them to.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He built Dies Irae, so far the only set of Powered Armor among the player characters, not counting Hope's Mini-Mecha Anima.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a burn scar on his side from the accident that killed his parents.
- Scars Are Forever
- Achey Scars: Whenever Grimm are around. His thought process never mentions this while he's in battle against the Grimm.
- Gray Eyes: With all the cold "ideas over people" mentality, cunning, and danger associated with being around him.
- Happily Adopted: All things considered, Pius couldn't have had a way to recover from his parents' death without the Nobels taking him in.
- Heartbroken Badass: From his parents' death, which was intensified by Urujauni's abandonment.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Despite how Urujauni has treated him, Pius helped her whenever he felt she needed it. Whether it was just carrying her to a better sleeping area than a bench, healing her at the cost of his own Dust mixtures stopping a Grimm from eating her, or Holding Hands with her to let her know You Are Not Alone, Pius has wordlessly come to her help every time. Even when she leaves Vale, intent on never returning, Pius wore out his body searching for her. After Umbra 13, Pius made an effort to keep everyone's spirits up so that they wouldn't be as miserable as he feels every day.
- It's All My Fault: What he'd say about his parents' death. He'd say it again about Urujauni's departure.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Stock Superpowers from Dust manipulation combined with his skill in martial arts make him very versatile as a fighter.
- The Leader: of Team JUMP, then of Team NAMI.
- My Greatest Failure: So far, His parents' death. Urujauni's departure becomes a second one.
- Non-Idle Rich: Since he's been the Nobels' adoptive son for ten years, and they are the owners of the biggest Schnee Dust subsidiary company, Pius counts as this for wanting to be a Huntsman while being rather wealthy.
- Not So Stoic: Pius' facade cracks under great emotional pressure, but so far he's managed to compose himself soon after.
- Orphan's Ordeal: A big part of Pius' psychology involves how he refuses to move on from his parents' death.
- Parental Abandonment: They died in a car crash caused by rampaging Grimm.
- The Southpaw: Another way Pius stands out from the crowd.
- Undying Loyalty: Pius is extremely attached to the people he has grown close to, and he will do nice things for them, often with the intent of never being discovered.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Then, one car crash later...
- You Could Have Used Your Powers for Good: His stance on the White Fang's new militancy and Schnee Dust's corrupt practices.
- You Killed My Parents: His only reaction to the Grimm's existence, followed by Tranquil Fury and Prepare to Die.
The set of Powered Armor Pius has constructed in his quest to become a Huntsman, described as a "Multi-Action Dust Armor," and currently in its fifth iteration. This metal suit covers Pius' entire body, and it can be augmented with Dust at Pius' choosing for different purposes.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Featured on Mark IV, but discarded for Mark V.
- Ace Custom: Pius personally built every bit of Dies Irae during his days at Signal Academy.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Pius uses a lot of Dust mixtures in Dies Irae.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Dies Irae's gauntlets have arm blades stored inside them until Mark V, where they are no longer present.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: These were mounted on the underside of the gauntlets, firing from the wrist like Spider-Man. They have been discarded as of Mark V.
- Gratuitous Latin: Dies Irae is Latin for "Day of Wrath, " which is used to describe the Day of God's Judgment, or the end of time.
- Mundane Utility: Pius uses it as protective gear during his scientific experiments with Dust, its suitcase form can actually be used as a suitcase, and it can hold his scroll, music player, and earphones in separate slots.
- Named Weapon
- Arm Cannon: His gauntlets when channeling Dust.
- Retractable Weapon: Dies Irae as a whole can fold up into a metal suitcase.
- Swiss Army Weapon: The suitcase form can also act as an actual suitcase.
Younger daughter to Knight Queen Lucretia, ruler of the Kingdom of Vale. All her life, Alexia was groomed for the throne, to be a leader who loved her people and gave them peace and stability and protected them to the best of her abilities. Although Alexia wholeheartedly embraced her role, her shy personality was a problem. Or, it was a problem according to her mother. The Queen wanted the Princess to go out into the world and learn to mingle with her people. So, on her seventeenth birthday, Queen Lucretia declared she would go to Beacon...
Alexia was late to Initiation and replaced Urujauni as Pius's partner and as second-in-command of the team.
- Anti-Magic and Power Nullifier: Her Semblance shuts down other Semblances.
- Badass Adorable: A cute princess that kicks as much ass as any other Huntress in the game.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Alfred. Witness the snark and insults.
- Berserk Button: Generally speaking, anything she sees as wrong can make her do very impulsive things in the name of doing the right thing. Specifically speaking, sexual deviancy, or accusations thereof.
- Betty and Veronica: This is what her father thinks is going on, with Lexi as Archie, Pius as Betty, and Alfred as Veronica.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Gentle girl to Alfred's brooding boy.
- Childhood Friends: She has known Weiss Schnee, as well as Pius and his siblings, for a long time.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Had a crush on Pius when she was thirteen. It never went anywhere, and it's not explicitly stated if she's over it.
- Combat Pragmatist: Strangely enough. She was trained by her dad in hand-to-hand. He imparted this philosophy: "If outmatched, cheat!"
- Comes Great Responsibility: Her core principle in life. This is why she wanted to go to Beacon.
- Determinator: One of her most significant traits. Lexi doesn't give up on anything. Ever.
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: The Princess of Vale.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Lexi is one of the most sincere, kind, and downright nice characters in the roleplay.
- Lady and Knight: A strange example. Bright Lady to Alfred's Black Knight.
- Long Lost Sibling: She is this to Alice.
- Luminescent Blush: Happens constantly, prude that she is.
- Ojou: Lexi is proper, always polite and loves art.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The princess of Vale is a trained Huntress.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Which is why she is so naive.
- Shrinking Violet: Lexi is very awkward when it comes to making new friends. The only ones she speaks freely to are her sister, Weiss, Pius and his siblings, as well as Ai and Charisse.
- Spare to the Throne: As noted in her character sheet, this has caused some problems for her.
- Warrior Prince: Gender flipped.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Her general world view, much to the annoyance of Pius and Alfred.
Serena and Pax
Alexia's sword and shield pair that was passed down to her from her mother. Serena is a sword that can connect with its user's Aura to release light made from it with every slash and stab; Pax is a round shield that can also transform into a powerful revolvers.
Partnered with Ieria. After Urujauni leaves, he becomes the new second-in-command. Likely one of the few students without a tragic past.
- Musical Assassin: By virtue of his semblance.
- The Power of Rock: Enough power to channel other people's Semblances and to quite literally melt the face off of Grimm, at that.
- The Rock Star: In personality.
- Bandage Babe
- Buxom Is Better: Is rated as having the biggest bust out of the new initiates.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Minus the brunette part, of course.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Although helped by her sheer speed and the fact they were super heated, Ieria used the Maiden Mashers to both: Slash a Nevermore into three pieces with one swing, and hack off a Kaijin's limb with almost no resistance.
- Shout-Out: To The King of Fighters character Iori Yagami's Shiki: Ya Otomoe (Maiden Masher) super move.}}
- Wolverine Claws: And they can direct fire as well!
- Video Game Flamethrowers Suck: The range of the installed flamethrowers is pathetic in comparison to the others' ranged components.