open/close all folders
Velvet ScarlatinaA student of Beacon and until chapter 69, the only student in Beacon with no team until late in Volume One.
- An Axe to Grind: Her axe, Grimmbane.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She refuses to harm anyone she considers a friend because of this.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She turns the author himself into a Butt-Monkey!
- Butt-Monkey: To Vivi. Much to her distress.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Definitely.
- Cute Bruiser
- Dogged Nice Guy: She just wants Weiss to notice her.....she just goes around it the entirely wrong way.
- Everyone Has Standards: She refuses to kill her friends to get at Weiss at Yuno's suggestion and even inflicts a Curb-Stomp Battle on a Mary Sue for suggesting she kill Ruby to get at Weiss.
- Genre Savvy: She knows she's doomed to be a Dogged Nice Guy to Weiss and Ruby. She revels in her role to entertain everyone. She also realises that Tharja does not have the same role as her, being closer to an Unrequited Tragic Maiden than Velvet.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: She's only actually succeeded in kidnapping Weiss once.
- Good Feels Good: A variation. She does what she does because it makes people laugh. And she loves it.
- Hidden Depths: Her reasons for pursuing Weiss are not romantic: She knows people love her antics and so does it for the love of entertainment.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: In her case, a humongous axe with a chainsaw edge.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Her reaction to all things Weiss.
- Meta Guy: One of her gimmicks.
- To the extent that she knows her antics entertain people and keeps it up for their sake.
- Nice Girl: Hinted at with The Reveal that she acts like a Yandere to entertain her readers on the other side of the fourth wall.
- Single-Target Sexuality: To Weiss, although she has some Ship Tease with Jaune.
- Stalker Shrine: Owns one.
- Stalker with a Crush: To Weiss.
- Yandere: To Weiss. She often attempts to kidnap her for her own needs.
- It's revealed to be an act. Velvet acts like that in order to entertain her audience.
CocoA member of team CFVY with a crush on Velvet. She is revealed to have several different personalities as of chapter 78.
- Apologises a Lot: Coco and Latte.
- Butt-Monkey: Mocha and Coco. Espresso to a lesser extent.
- Cute But Psycho: Mocha. Coco herself could qualify.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Latte is this to Weiss.
- Expy: Coco's default personality is this of Tohru.
- Making the contrast with the REAL Tohru even funnier.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Espresso, definitely.
- Ms. Fanservice: Espresso, again.
- Nice Girl: Coco.
- Theme Naming: All of her split personalities are named after types of coffee.
- Sorry I Fell on Your Fist: Coco, again.
- Split Personality: Coco has four personalities:
- Stalker with a Crush: To Velvet, again. Or rather, Mocha is.
- Latte is this to Weiss.
Fox and YatsuhashiThe two male members of team CFVY.
- Big Eater: Fox.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Yatsuhashi 'Yatsu'.
- Butt-Monkey: Fox.
- The Comically Serious: Yatsuhashi.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yatsuhashi, although Fox gets some in.
- Handsome Lech: Fox. Also a Chivalrous Pervert due to how he helps out Coco after the latter has a Split-Personality Takeover.
- Implied Love Interest: Coco for Yatsuhashi.
- Latte is also implied to have a crush on him.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Fox is revealed to be a mecha fan as of "CFVY Reacts to Recaps".
- Motor Mouth: Fox, again.
- Nice Guy: Yatsuhashi. At least to Coco- the person and the personality. Fox, however....
- Fox has this sometimes.
- Only Sane Man: Yatsuhashi acts as this to team CFVY.
- The Quiet One: Yatsuhashi, again.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Fox is a fast talking Handsome Lech, Yatsuhashi is a calm and quiet Straight Man.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Yatsuhashi and Fox.
- Team Dad: Yatsuhashi, again. At least, he acts at this to Coco.
- The Stoic: Yatsuhashi.
- Those Two Guys
Melodia ViridiThe leader of team MLDY.
- Expy: Of Chie and Rhyme. Her fighting style is similar to Lee Sin.
- Improbable Weapon User: A yoyo.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her Semblance.
- Meaningful Name: Melodia is the Italian word for Melody, and Viridi is short for Viridian, a shade of green.
- Kick Chick: She uses this in tandem with her yoyo, Viridian Sonata.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Steak.
- Tsundere: To Fionn.
Fionn DubhainThe Lancer to Melodia and her childhood friend.
- Blade on a Stick: Mors Certa, his weapon.
- Butt-Monkey: His Semblance's disadvantage is to make him suffer misfortune out of combat.
- Expy: Of both Lancers and Yosuke.
- Its Pronounced Tro PAY: His name is pronounced 'Finn Devane'- it's merely spelled in a manner more fitting of his inspirations.
- Meaningful Name: Mors Certa means 'certain death'. The spear is based off of Gae Bulg and Fragarach, two weapons that would reputedly instantly kill you in one strike.
- Tsundere: A male one to Melodia.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: His Semblance, but it only works in combat.
Lukas RasmussenThe Smart Guy of Team MLDY.
- Deadpan Snarker: The primary snarker of team MLDY.
- Expy: Specifically, of Tom Hiddleston's Loki.
- Knife Nut: His weapons, Nari and Vali.
- Master of Illusion: His Semblance.
- Meaningful Name: Lukas is based off of Loki. Nari and Vali were two of his sons in Norse Mythology.
- Meta Guy: He often likes Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Medium Awareness: He is aware that he is in a fanfic.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Often with Yukari.
- Trickster Archetype
- Unknown Rival: To Yang. She doesn't even acknowledge his attempts to out-prank her.
- Troll: Especially towards Yukari.
Yukari NarukamiThe Quiet One of the team.
- Blow You Away: Her Semblance.
- Deadpan Snarker: Towards Lukas.
- Dual Wielding: Her weapons, Twin Heavens.
- Expy: Of Yukari and Miyamoto Musashi.
- Meaningful Name: Narukami means Wind God in Japanese.
- Two Heavens In One was the name of the fighting style Miyamoto Musashi pioneered.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Often with Lukas.
- Tsundere: Towards Lukas.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: Twin Heavens, her chosen pair of weapons.