The characters of Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening. This page is under construction; beware of unmarked spoilers.
- Batter Up!: Her main weapons are baseball bats.
- Cast from Hit Points: Aside from a basic Bash, Alicia's physical skills are written in orangey-yellow text and cost HP to use, unlike the Psychic skills, which use blue for their numbers and only consume PSI.
- Counter-Attack: Alicia's Batting Stance applies a buff that allows her to counter physical attacks while drawing them in, while Miriam has an innate passive that gives her a chance to counter as well.
- Puberty Superpower: Alicia's psychic powers are this, as she started seeing things that weren't there for other people when she hit puberty.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Due to her psychic powers, she's able to remember that Daybreak and her niece exist even when the town and its inhabitants are erased from everyone else's memories.
- Action Survivor
- Badass Normal: She begins as one, fending off dangers with just a gun, until she bonds with Farudon.
- Street Smart: Contrary to Elothu's warnings and cautions, Miriam is insistent on knowing the city and its streets, seeing herself as heavily involved in the city than her superiors. She is snarky and wary, and is quite certain she knows how to handle herself.
- Take This Job and Shove It: Goes on a long, understandably infuriated tirade after being let go from her job as a mayoral secretary that she worked in for years, after she accidentally discovers one of Trautman's secret ritual rooms.
- The Gunslinger: Her main weapons are guns.
Dorothy "Dottie" Borders
- Damsel in Distress: Her being stuck in Daybreak when it disconnects from reality is what motivates Alicia to take on the role of main protagonist.
- Knife Nut: Her main weapons are knives.
- Little Miss Badass: Dottie is the youngest out of the 4 party members by far, but she's still easily able to hold her own alongside the others. Her psychic powers are so potent, she's the only human capable of dealing Eldritch-type damage.
- Puberty Superpower: Like her aunt Alicia, Dottie's powers first awoke around a year before the game starts.
- Alliance with an Abomination
- Horrifying Hero: All of the outer evocations fit this, often having horrific and/or terrifying forms but bonding and wanting to help the humans for their mutual benefit.
- Super Empowering: They provide their powers to their human hosts by forming pacts and bonding with them.
Elothu the Patient
Farudon the Scourge
Ginyagu the Inquisitive
- Condescending Compassion: Though well meaning, Ginyagu treats the humans more like cute animals and pets than actual people with feelings.
Isanir the Eidolic
Viola and ErickTwo of Miriam's friends. They follow along and provide Alicia's party with free healing, and a way to buy items and new weapons, respectively.
- Never Found the Body: She's thrown into the sewer and disappears when the Butcher ambushes the party, never being recovered... until she shows up again in the temple.
- Posthumous Character: She's been taken over by Phritotch long before the events of the game take place.
- Walking Spoiler: Anything involving her connection to Phritotch.
Zlonyth the Observer
- Chekhov's Gunman: It's properly introduced in the final area, but makes appearances whenever the player enters one of the bonus rooms locked by an ESP Card. They're also the entity that revives Vi and Erick.
- Neutral No Longer: In the final area, they recognize that the Inner Evocations summoning their Matriarch would cause an overwhelming imbalance of psychic energy, and informs Alicia's party how to fight back.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: A platonic version. She attacks Dotty and yells that she wants to be friends with her anymore, implied to be either due to being unable to control her sudden attacks of rage and/or to live in the human realm again.
- Tragic Monster: After she parts ways with Dottie, Alicia's party later encounters her as a mindless, enraged monster. And even if they go easy on her, another, stronger monster will devour her if her health reaches a certain point.
- Was Once a Man: All but stated to be Nancy Trautman, the mayor's daughter and resident Alpha Bitch, who was sent into the Playroom to keep her away from what was about to happen to Daybreak.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: He's been using his powers to "evolve" other humans, even trying to do the same to Alicia and Miriam. But when Ailtur subjects him to the same process during Clayton's boss fight, transforming him into a fleshy mass grafted to metal legs and a spine, it's clearly not what he wanted.
- Would Hurt a Child: Fed nearly her entire school to her garden to "preserve" their souls (in actuality, harvesting them for her Evocation).
William / "The Blood Moon Butcher"
- Implacable Man: In his "hunting-shape". The party can do nothing to harm him in his first encounter, and must survive long enough to escape. In the rematch, Dottie's eldritch power reverts him to human form, making him vulnerable.
Ailtur the Noxious
Moror the Voracious
Chagora the Enraged
- Barrier Change Boss: In the first form of his boss fight, he alternates resistance between physical and psychic attacks every turn.
- Demonic Possession: To the point that Chagora has consumed Bryan's soul entirely.
- Dragon with an Agenda: His plans don't completely coincide with Phritotch's. He contained Dottie as a courtesy to her, but declares that it's not his problem if she doesn't show up to actually collect the girl, and simply stands by and permits Alicia and her friends to enter the rift she's being held in. However, when the party chooses to stick around after saving her and tries to stop his summoning ritual, he puts up a fight.
Phritotch the Unknowable
- Chekhov's Gunman: Alicia first meets her host, Sadie Walters, fairly early into the game.
- Demonic Possession: Similar to Chagora, she's perfectly bonded with a human host: Sadie Walters, who is Miriam, Vi and Erick's other friend. However, said host isn't as powerful as she would prefer, so she intended to transfer herself into Dottie.