Back to the main page here
Per Handling Spoilers trope names are not to be spoiler-marked! Read on at your own risk!
Kimura Kenta (Lung)Crime lord of the pan-Asian gang Azn Bad Boys (ABB). His gangs murders were responsible for driving Parian to Jack Slash.
Classification: Brute/Blaster (Trump?)
- Fandom Nod: Sitting in a La-Z-Boy in 3.4.2.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Gets coated with a Tinkertech solvent that works faster the stronger it's heated, resulting in his own power consuming himself.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets murdered by the Society in his first appearance.
- Make Way for the New Villains: In canon Lung was a recurring threat who was always beaten, but never truly defeated. Here he doesn't last a chapter after he appears.
EkwensuA parahuman encountered by the Society, presumably an Igbo from Nigeria. He was fought and killed by Harbinger. His ability grants him a new powerset every ten seconds.
Jacob Hebert (Jack Slash)Blaster with the ability to elongate any blade he touches. Might or might not have other tricks up his sleeve.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jack steps in to help Panacea when Good Girl hits her with one too many Armor Piercing Questions.
- Bishōnen/Mr. Fanservice: In-universe he's described as 'like a young Johnny Depp without the moustache'.
- Blood Knight: Jack. Jack.
- The Corrupter: Talked Parian/Voodoo into murdering a group of teenagers. Neo-nazi teenagers who had been cheering for the brutal murder of a black girl not ten minutes earlier, but teenagers nonetheless.
- Determinator: What does he do when realises that using his power on Armsmaster's nanothorn blade would also result in him losing whatever appendage he touches it with? Mutilates his own hand without a second thought. Once his left hand has been disintegrated almost to the elbow, he moves on to his right arm. When two capes fly down and bestow regeneration on him, he doesn't even wait until his arms are fully grown back before doing the same thing all over again, only this time without any painkillers. Once Labrat's formula mutates him into an insectoid monster with eight arms, he proceeds to disintegrate all of them. As Leviathan breaks free, he even moves onto his foot. In total, over the entire fight, he disintegrates thirteen of his own limbs to help kill Leviathan and save the other heroes, despite beginning the fight with only four.
- Fan Nickname: When comparing the canon version of Jack to the Weaver Nine Jacob Hebert, they are invariably named Canon!Jack and Hero?Jack.
- For Want of a Nail: Taylor and Jacob are born in each other's places.
- Manipulative Bastard: Jack is still this, of course.
- Mysterious Backer: Has one for most of Arc Two. Later revealed to be The Society, and previously Coil.
- Sociopathic Hero: Shows many sociopathic tendencies, but he is still a hero.
- Warrior Therapist: Jack Slash is a silver-tongued viper, as in canon.
Sabah (Parian/Voodoo)A Rogue recruited into Jack Slashs group following the murder of one of her friends by the ABB.
LeviathanEndbringer of Water.
- Critical Existence Failure: Kept fighting and killing capes without any apparent impairment all the way until the very last bits of his core were destroyed.
- Desperation Attack: Reveals several new tricks over the course of the Brockton Bay fight. He summons a lightning storm via friction between water molecules, creates a kill-zone where all organic matter is instantly vaporized by vibrating the water inside it, generates dozens of water-pressure cannons that reach targets clear across the city, and finishes with a truly massive wave that flattens everything from Brockton to Boston.
- Didn't Need Those Anyway!: Pretty much everything not part of his core is not vital to his operation.
- Killed Off for Real: No. Seriously.
- Last Ditch Move: Creates an absolutely gigantic - as in reaches above the clouds - wave. It pretty much destroys Brockton Bay as a city and severely floods all the way to Boston.
- Lightning Bruiser: The swiftest of the Endbringers. Still as ridiculously deadly and durable as any of his "brothers".
- Making a Splash: Taken to Semantic Superpower levels. Hydrokinesis, taken to its absolute furthest extent, makes him far deadlier than any of his showings in canon.
- Shock and Awe: In addition to canon powers, Leviathan is able to create and direct enormous lightning storms using friction in water molecules.