We Are All Pokémon Trainers - Alternate Player Characters
This page alternate or secondary characters the different players have rolled out. These are considered secondary or guest-starring characters. Scroll to the bottom for more character listings.
Spoilers prior to Orre are unmarked.
- Played by: FullMoon
A ten year old mute girl who is a big fan of the J-Team, who wanted to go on a journey so that she could have explore Kalos and see all kinds of new things, but her parents didn't allow it due to fearing that she wouldn't fare well alone, she met Dune while he was in Lumiose and he offered to keep her safe during the journey. She has been with the team since.
- Adorably Precocious Child: She tries her best to be mature even though she's still fairly childish.
- Badass Adorable: She rushes in to save Shingeko from attackers, though she fails badly at it. Among her friends she's also the most capable and even has a Noivern at age 9.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: She's the brunnete to her friends Eve (blonde) and Lara (redhead)
- Cute Mute: According to some characters.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The color of her writing is her "tone of voice", though she never actually explained that to the others.
- Fangirl: Of pretty much every main character.
- Friend to All Living Things/Nice Girl: She seems to get along very well with pretty much everyone she meets.
- Heroic Mime: Has some sort of mutism, though she's not deaf and is otherwise fairly healthy.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With pretty much everybody she befriends, as she's one of the few little kids in the RP.
- Rainbow Speak: In-universe, see Color-Coded for Your Convenience above.
- Shipper on Deck: She shipped Dune and Deziree almost immediately after meeting them, not being aware that they were already together.
- Talking with Signs: How she communicates, though she eventually learned sign language as well.
- Tagalong Kid: Is this for Dune and Deziree/Galvani, later on for Sakura/Lyuri/Hikari/Duke.
Divoom (Noibat -> Noivern)
One of the first Pokémon Aline got, Divoom is usually the one that takes care of her and keeps her out of trouble. As a Noibat, he spent most of the time hiding under her hat, sometimes working as Aline's voice. Once Aline got attacked by the Neo-Galactic Hero Killer squad, he evolved in order to protect her.
- Played by: Eskay 64 (formerly), Tropers/Umbramatic
Alli is Sarah's younger sister, and one of her few friends after their mother's death. Sarah — as Eskay, at the time — acted as her guardian for several years.
An awkward 18-year-old girl who is immediately recognizable by her incredibly long hair. She lost both her parents at three years old due to a hotel fire, and ended up growing up in the wild with her Feraligatr, Rain.
- Foil: To Diane. They both lived with Pokemon for the majority of their lives. However, while Diane lived as a mon with her parents in Treasure Town, Alyssa's parents died, leaving her to live as a lonely human girl amongst wild mons. Alyssa became horribly, socially awkward, while Diane is unafraid to jump into social situations on a whim. While Alyssa is a gentle girl, Diane has tendencies to be aggressive and kind of a jerk. Alyssa also ended up joining the Illusion Project, the Shadow Archetype to the J-Team, which Diane sticks with firmly.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Although she wasn't a literal schoolgirl, at 17 years old she was and remains the third tallest player character at 6'1" — only a few inches shorter than Tagg, who himself is a few inches shorter than Max.
- The Load: Believes herself to be this in-universe since she's mostly ignorant of the greater world and not much of a battler, and joined the Illusion Project in an attempt to change this.
- Luminescent Blush: A persistent blush tinges her face, even when she's not embarrassed.
- Obliviously Evil: Joined the Illusion Project thinking she'd finally be able to do something for the better, only for it to turn out she'd miscalculated horribly.
- Polyamory: Is in a relationship with both Skye and Diane.
- Rapunzel Hair: Roughly 5 feet long.
- Raised by Wolves: Lived among Pokemon for most of her life.
- Scars Are Forever: In addition to permanent burn scars on her back, her hair gives a variation in that it is permanently scorched at the end, which she refuses to cut as the last remaining reminder of her parents.
- Shrinking Violet: Incredibly shy and awkward, although she's been opening up to others more.
- Spanner in the Works: Hampers the J-Team's plan to put a spy within the Illusion Project by unknowingly alerting Echo of the text they sent regarding it, though thanks to some Xanatos Speed Chess on Tagg's part things still go more or less as planned.
- Played by: memyselfand I 2
Amanita is a Poison-type trainer who met the group at Fortree during the Pokeringer, and has been following/stuck with them since. Is revealed to be a descendant of Revy following his affair with a Spectran servant.
- Headbutting Heroes: Does not get along with Ever especially well at first, and the feeling's mutual. They do eventually end up reconciling, though she's still not a fan of how he got her involved in all the weird stuff the J-Team does.
- The New Guy: Gets more that a little disturbed by all the strange happenings that occur when she's a new member.
- Relationship Upgrade: Has one with Pianis during Kalos.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Amanita's hair is dyed purple.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- Poisonous Person: Her whole team is either full or partially Poison type.
Ares the Crobat (Male)
Emperor the Drapion (Male)
Box the Tentacruel (Female)
Dart the Toxicroak (Male)
Thorn the Roserade (Male)
Musket the Skuntank (Female)
Phobos the Gengar (Male)
Dinacia the Nidoqueen
Kazekage the Beedrill (Male)
Formerly just a Volcarona from PMD-B, Ammy has since used her armband to become a Bug-Type Trainer and set her own path in life.
- Ascended Extra: Started as just another team member of Umbra's before getting her own mons.
- Baleful Polymorph: Gets transformed into a white and orange Arcanine for Okamiquest.
- Berserk Button: Insulting Bug types.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Her entire team as well as herself.
- Eternal Love: With Umbra.
- Friend to Bugs: Trains nothing but Bug-Types, and hates when people insult them, due to being one herself.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Gets sent along with Tagg and Herbert to 15th Century Ransei, and she herself is from the early 27th Century of an alternate universe.
- Genki Girl: Is very bubbly and energetic.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Had been stuck in a cave for her entire life until meeting Umbra.
- Kid from the Future: Her mother is the PMD-B version of Jenna, who was turned into a Volcarona. Ammy's appearance has caused some distress to the present Jenna.
- Long-Lived: As a Volcarona, she can live for at least 1,000 years.
- Modest Royalty: Is the daughter of the king and queen of Orre-B.
- Mystical White Hair: As a human.
- Older Than They Look: Is about 60 years old chronologically, but her armband makes her look like a human in her 20s due to Volcarona taking longer to get old.
- Pyromaniac: Really loves burning things, which may have to do with her natural form being a Volcarona.
- Semi-Divine: Following Okamiquest, Ammy has a divine spark as a leftover of her transformation.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands at 5'9" in human form, which is taller than most of the girls, and a lot of the guys.
- Transformation Trinket: Has a Pokémon to human armband.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheats on Umbra with Vlad, and even has a child by him due to confusion over her feelings. They do end up reconciling though.
A trainer from Slateport City, Hoenn specializing in Water types. Upon meeting her Tagg notes that she has an unusual Aura, which is later revealed to be the result of her being a fusion between the assassin Ren Kaiken and the spirit of the Lunar Pendant.
- Ambiguously Brown: Has dark skin, but no defined race at first due to her true nature. Metawise this ended up being subverted and now Arika identifies as Native Alolan.
- Berserk Button: Being compared to Pheobe due to similar attire.
- Fangirl: Of Wallace.
- Happily Adopted: Arika was found by her adoptive parents on the beach one day.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Is the transformed Lunar Pendant.
- Making a Splash: Her entire team, and herself as a Gorebyss.
- MayflyDecember Romance: With "Micheal" aka Chrome due to him using a Pokémon to human armband and gaining sexuality as a result. It also doubles as an Interspecies Romance.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Thinks most of the weird or even horrifying stuff the J-Team gets up to is pretty cool.
- Split-Personality Merge: Following her acceptance of Ren Kaiken, her personality shifts to become a combination of both herself and Ren, though they exist as separate entities inside her Mindscape.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's natural in Arika's case.
- Played by: Pikaninja 7
Casval's Younger Sister. She's a supposed Elite Trainer, which although she has the Pokémon to back up the title with, doesn't really have much else. Awkwardly thrust into the world, she is a simplistic soul that finds solace usually in her main Pokémon, Rai-kun. Despite personality and appearances, she is a very insecure and attaches easily onto anyone that opens up to her. She has been genetically engineered to be infused with Rai-kun's stabilizer, a Light Ball, preventing the Mouse Pokémon from straying too far from her.
- Deadpan Snarker: Where her brother is concerned.
- Played by Routeferret
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is shown friendly in their introduction, but is revealed to be a skilled Cyber Ninja in the next scene.
- Bilingual Bonus: Some of Bastion's lines are in French.
- Cyber Ninja: Built a suitcase which explodes in mid-air to reveal a mask with electrified studs, nunchucks, and knuckledusters.
- Gamer Girl: Played with. Bastion is a non-binary.
- Morphic Resonance: Inverted; Bastion is DESIGNED to look like a Froakie.
- Technicolor Ninjas: Mainly wears blue clothing. Though, their ninja "outfit" is just their normal attire (a hoodie, jeans and some trainers) with a blue studded mask.
- Played by: MeMyselfAndI2
A Kantonese trainer who joined the J-Team during the Holon arc who specializes in Flying types.
- Ambiguously Brown: Dark-skinned, but with no defined race or ethnicity at first. Subverted when it's shown that she identifies as Poké-Hispanic.
- Blow You Away: Specializes in Flying-types but has a strong enough dislike for avian mons that she refuses to train them.
- Hidden Depths: Is secretly scared of being seen as unlikable and indecisive, which has given her issues regarding self care.
- Mysterious Past: Out of all the Memito J-Team members, we know the least about Brie, with her pre-J-Team history being a complete mystery.
- Nice Girl: Brie is unfailingly kind and polite no matter what.
- Walking the Earth: Traveled quite a bit before joining the J-Team.
- Wind Is Green: Purposely invoked by Brie, who wears green to represent her Flying-type specialization.
- Played by: AZealousIndividual
A Ground monotyper from Cyllage City who was going to be a Dark Monotyper, but changed his mind.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's not entirely all there.
- Catch Phrase: "BRILLIANT~!"
- Dishing Out Dirt: Uses Ground-types.
- Establishing Character Moment: In his first appearance, he runs around Cyllage looking for random strangers to inform them that the sky looks "brilliant".
- Hot-Blooded: If his catch phrase isn't any indication.
Ashes the QuilavaThe original Pokemon Crewe received from Professor Elm. Along with Hermes, she is the only remaining member of Crewe's Johto team. In the OT, she is dead.
Hermes the FurretAlong with Ashes, the only remaining member of Crewe's Johto team. In the OT, he is dead.
Epona the RapidashA Rapidash that Crewe received from her dad when he learned she was training. In the OT, she was released years ago.
Katan the ScytherA Scyther that Crewe received from her dad along with Epona. In the OT, he was released years ago.
Tweedle the ChatotHecate's Chatot partner while she was impersonating Pryce. While she isn't that good at battling, she often watches over Dana, Ashes, and Hermes from Crewe is busy.
A 21-year-old girl who spent almost 15 years of her life in PMD-A as a Staraptor. Until she met the J-Team and followed them into the OU, she had no idea she was born human.
- Badass Normal: Has no Auric abilities and isn't a weremon, but easily defeats the pan-Auric Vierr during a fight in Pastoria.
- Boobs of Steel: She's fairly athletic and Lucius mentions that she's well endowed while telling Sakura her lack of endowment is a plus while disguised as the male Shingeko.
- Defied Trope: Unlike the RP's title suggests, she is not a Pokemon Trainer and never plans on becoming one.
- Fisher Kingdom: She lived her life in PMD-A as a Staraptor before returning to the OU.
- Foil: To Alyssa. They both lived with Pokemon for the majority of their lives. However, while Alyssa's parents died, leaving her to live as a lonely human girl amongst wild mons, Diane lived as a mon alongside her parent. Diane is unafraid to jump into social situations on a whim, while Alyssa became horribly, socially awkward. While Diane has tendencies to be aggressive and kind of a jerk, Alyssa is a gentle girl, if a bit of a klutz. Diane also sticks firmly with the J-Team, while Alyssa ended up joining its Shadow Archetype, the Illusion Project.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She's the inventor of Vierr's Aurasaber.
- Interspecies Romance: With Skye. The species barrier is weakened by both's tendencies to use transformation armbands.
- Mixed Ancestry: Half white, half black.
- Morphic Resonance: Has a streak of red in her otherwise black hair, resembling a Staraptor.
- Mythology Gag: Her name was a reference to Pokemon Diamond, and later to Telefang (AKA Pokemon Diamond and Jade).
- Polyamory: Is in a relationship with both Skye and Alyssa.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the red to both Alyssa's and Skye's blues, in different ways. Reflected in the former pair with their eyes and color schemes.
Lyuri's Lucario and strongest Pokémon, Duke is held in high regards by everyone in the team due to his prowess in combat. He's a very calm, friendly and loyal guy who tries to be as helpful as possible while also aiming to be the strongest he can.
- Accidental Pervert: It happens and he doesn't even realize it until someone calls him out on it.
- Ascended Extra: He already had a good bit of screentime earlier on, being probably Lyuri's second Pokémon with the most screentime. However, starting in Unova-2 where he turned into a human, he eventually got as much screentime as the other PCs, got into a relationship, became an Aura teacher and as of now even became a trainer himself, culminating in becoming a Alternate PC himself.
- Badass Teacher: To Jordan, Gex, Lyuri and Herbert.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Both as a Pokémon and a human, Duke is quite skillful on physical combat.
- Berserk Button: Causing any harm to his belongings is one for him, those close to him also qualify as "belongings".
- Beware the Nice Ones: See Berserk Button above, also, he's not Lyuri's best Pokémon for nothing.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Riku and also Lucius, and doubles as a Big Brother Mentor to the latter
- Blood Knight: Enjoys challenges and battles, but not excessively so. He can be a bit brutal when fighting though.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Becomes a Shadow Pokémon in the Orre arc.
- Bishōnen: As a human.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: As a human, though he has at least been the target of the affections of at least one Pokémon as a Lucario.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He has a tendency to deliver these, most notably taking down Kirk easily and, as Mega Lucario, being able to defeat Omega while only being hit once.
- First Kiss: With Lyuri
- He acts as one for Lyuri in that he's calm, nice and easygoing while Lyuri is more active and impulsive, being much more likely to start fights. They do share similar tastes and tendencies, such as trying to help anyone they can, but differ mostly in their methods and atittudes.
- He's also one for Herbert in that he's idealistic and optimistic to the point of coming out as almost naive and also cheerful, nice and tough; while Herbert is cynical, pessimistic, frequently on an either depressed or bad mood, has some Jerkass tendencies and being much frailer physically. Despite all this, they have a brotherly relationship complete with some Big Brother Worship from Herbert's part.
- Geek: Reads the same comics as Lyuri and seems to enjoy them, again, it's not revealed which ones he reads though. Herbert eventually gives him some Crobatman comics to read as well.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: He leans more towards punches than kicks.
- Humanity Ensues: Became human during Unova-2 and even after going back to normal he often makes use of one of armbands due to eventually deciding he liked being human more than a Pokémon.
- Hunk: As a human, he's quite buff and again, quite handsome, which becomes a bit of a problem for Tori who even describes him as a Hunk.
- Interspecies Romance: With Lyuri
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Is good at both physical and ranged combat, can buff all of his stats except Speed due to knowing Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, can act as a supporter with Heal Pulse and Helping Hand, has an extense list of moves to choose from when fighting and a good number of resistances. All in all, Duke has either a big advantage or can fight most opponents on even grounds, even those who have a typing that is super-effective against him. It's no wonder he became Lyuri's most reliable and strongest Pokémon.
- Meaningful Name: It means "leader", his role in the team and also reflects his position as a teacher to both Lyuri and especially Herbert, who thinks of him as a mentor.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Once he's purified he has this reaction to his actions as a Shadow Pokémon.
- Name's the Same: In-universe. His ancestor has the same name as him. Justified because Duke explains to Herbert that it's a bit of a tradition in his family.
- Nice Guy: He's polite, kind, reasonable and hardly holds a grudge against anyone.
- Nice Mean And Inbetween: The Nice to Herbert's Mean and Lyuri's Inbetween.
- Oblivious to Love: To great extents, though this changed slightly after he and Lyuri started dating. Emphasis on "slightly"
- Official Couple: With Lyuri
- Shirtless Scene: Which brings a lot of problems to Tori.
- Super Mode: Can Mega Evolve.
- Team Dad: Not shown often, but he does take care of the kids on Lyuri's team most of the time. He's also the one who tends to keep everyone in line among those he's close to, mostly due to him being the least likely to lose his temper.
- Training from Hell: His training comes close to this at certain points.
- Tranquil Fury: He keeps a calm composure at all times, though it's not too hard to tell if he's angry or not.
- Unknown Rival: Zack is one to him, on the human side of things, this was Jason's case initially until he eventually got on better terms with him.
- Younger Than They Look: As a human he looks about 17, but in actuality he's about 9 or 10, the fact that he is more mature than the average teenager makes him look even older.
Tropes Applying to Shadow!Duke
- Blood Knight: Of the worst kind.
- Breaking Speech: Gives one to Herbert in Duke's mindscape. It doesn't quite work as he expected.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Was quite obviously planning to do this to Herbert and his team after beating them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to Herbert and his team
- Dissonant Serenity: Always smiling and usually talks in casual speech
- Implacable Mon: Nothing Herbert's team did to him managed to phase him much, until their last battle.
- Lack of Empathy: Doesn't care one bit about how others feel about what he does
- Morality Chain: Alexia. She was the only thing stopping him from committing multiple murders, however that's only because she has his Pokéball on her rather than any emotional attachment he has to her. Played straight once he's snagged, thanks to Herbert.
- The Sociopath: Doesn't care about anything other than causing pain.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Acts as this in Duke's mindscape, being the only truly evil "aspect" in there, though his presence there is due to the Aura Locket's corruption.
- Played by: Strawberryflavored
An 18 year old girl from Lacunosa Town who met the group by accidentally ending up traveling with them to PEFE. She has a history with the legendary Pokemon Kyurem, who saved her as a young girl from dying of hypothermia in Giant Chasm. Since then, she has a great deal of respect for Kyurem, despite being unable to understand him. Because of her encounter with Kyurem, she became an Ice trainer. Due to the events of a Cipher experiment, she gained a mental link with a Mienshao, who would later join her team.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- An Ice Person: All of her Pokemon are Ice type, with the exception of Pandora.
Seven the Sneasel
Elise's starter Pokemon. Despite this, she has not evolved, due to Elise never getting around to giving her a Razor Claw and the fact that Seven isn't really concerned with evolving.
Cola the Beartic
The first Pokemon Elise ever caught. Cola tends to be somewhat dim-witted, but can hold his own in a fight. He is never afraid to say what's on his mind, even when it's not an appropriate time for it.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Powerful, friendly, and willing to share a Croagunk Cola with you.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While he may seem dumb and ridiculous on the outside, he will not hesitate to wipe the floor with you in battle.
- Large Ham: He is quite fond of shouting, especially during battle.
Momohime the Froslass
Momohime is probably Elise's one of closest friends on her team. She is willing to defend her at all costs, despite Elise's protests against it. She always refers to Elise as "Lady Elise."
- Soul Power: Is part Ghost
Fontaine the Frost Rotom
Fontaine is a Rotom that Elise found in PEFE, and eventually stalked her until she gave in and caught him. He has a somewhat crude sense of humor, and frequently makes puns.
- Hurricane of Puns: Much to the rest of the team's chagrin, he almost always makes some kind of pun.
- Shock and Awe: Is part Electric.
Serenity the Lapras
Matoro the Vanillish
Despite being from Holon, Matoro is one of few Pokemon there that is not a Delta Species. He tends to worry more than he should over things that happen.
Pandora the Mienshao
A former Shadow Pokemon, Pandora first met Elise when they both ended up in a Cipher lab. The experiments done on her and Elise would cause the two of them to have a permanent mind link. As a result, Pandora knows all of Elise's secrets, revealing her possible crush on Straw at one point. She is the only Pokemon on Elise's team that is not Ice type.
- Psychic Link: Has one with Elise.
- Soul Power: Possesses some sort of Aura power, but not as much as a Lucario would.
Australis the Amaura
Australis was revived from a Sail Fossil by Elise in Kalos. Upon revival, she was initially confused by her surroundings, as well as the lack of other Amaura and Aurorus. Despite the culture shock, Elise is slowly helping her get comfortable in the world.
The youngest of the four Morendo siblings, Fortissimo, or Fortis for short, is a girl who joined the J-Team shortly after just starting her Pokémon journey. Like her siblings, she plans to specialize in a specific type; for her, Flying types.
First appearance: Page 5700.
- Born Lucky: Fortis has a plain ridiculous amount of luck.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Fortis may act silly, but she's a very competent battler.
- Future Badass:
- Her future self appears and ends up challenging Pianis at one point. She defeats him in a Curb-Stomp Battle, despite her type disadvantage.
- More recently, her future self was revealed to be an Elite Four member.
- The Gift: Has the most raw talent out of all her siblings as a trainer despite her inexperience.
- Girlish Pigtails: Which have grown into Mega Twintails on her future self.
- Harmful to Minors: Some of the stuff that Fortis has seen aren't exactly child-friendly.
- Kiddie Kid: A little bit starting out, as her exuberant demeanor can make her seem younger than she actually is.
- Motor Mouth: Can talk a lot, to the point that when she first met Tagg he asked her to slow down.
- Musical Theme Naming: Like the rest of her siblings.
- Stable Time Loop: She wants to become an Elite Four member, because she met her future self who is in the Elite Four.
- Tomboy And Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Mezzo's Tomboy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like her siblings, it's natural.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- Blow You Away: They're all Flying type, naturally.
Mercury (Male Murkrow)
A messenger Murkrow that worked in Mezzo's army during the AU arc. He didn't get his name until he joined Mezzo's team. In the original timeline, he ended up becoming Fortis' starter.
- Ascended Extra: Was originally known as "The Messenger Murkrow" in the AU. He joined Mezzo's team after Scolipede and Artemis were defeated.
- Messenger: Of course.
- Verbal Tic: Calls everyone "boss".
Aeropolis (Female Staraptor)
A Starly caught on Route 209 that was Fortis' first proper capture. She is boastful and loves to fight.
Strahl (Male Drifblim)
A Drifloon that was caught when he attempted to prey on Fortis. He's a bit uneasy about being a captured mon.
Avice (Female Dodrio)
- Nature: DocileAbility: Early BirdMet: Twinleaf Town (gift from Rex)Ball: QuickFavorite move: Roost
- Meaningful Name: Avice is a variant spelling of English Avis, meaning "bird."
Condy (Female Vullaby)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Big PecksMet: Twinleaf Town (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
A Vullaby that Fortis received as an egg. Not much is known about her at the moment since she only recently hatched.
Minty (Male Braviary)
- Nature: GentleAbility: DefiantMet: Treasure Town (gift from Fool)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Sky Drop
A Braviary that was given as a gift to Fortis from Fool as a Rufflet. He is green rather than the usual red for his species.
- Full-Name Basis: Always calls Fortis "Lady Fortissimo" or "my lady".
- Undying Loyalty: Shows this for his trainer.
Lakitu (Male Altaria)
- Nature: DocileAbility: Natural CureMet: Nutty Noon, PMD-ABall: PokeFavorite move: Fly
- Interspecies Romance: He has a crush on his trainer. Then again, when they first met, she was a Swablu.
Xaldin (Male Skarmory)
- Nature: SeriousAbility: Keen EyeMet: Nutty Noon, PMD-ABall: PokeFavorite move: Whirlwind
Papillon (Female Beautifly)
A Beautifly that Fortis caught in the Bug-Catching Contest. She has a violent personality and isn't afraid to attack everything in sight.
- Expy: Of Anom's Beautifly according to Word Of God.
- Ineffectual Death Threats: She shouts them at everyone and everything in range, but she's a rather weak mon so she can't actually do that much.
Olive (Shiny Female Pidgey)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Keen EyeMet: Ilex ForestBall: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
Jack (Male Spearow)
- Nature: HastyAbility: Keen EyeMet: Ilex ForestBall: PokéFavorite move: Peck
Cogsworth (Male Hoothoot)
- Nature: CalmAbility: Keen EyeMet: Ilex ForestBall: PokéFavorite move: Hypnosis
Neuron (Female Natu)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: SynchronizeMet: Snowpoint City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
- Psychic Powers: Like all Natu.
- Seers: Neuron will answer a question before it's even asked by looking into the future.
Azzy (Female Sigilyph)
- Nature: QuietAbility: Magic GuardMet: Snowpoint City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
Echo (Female Chatot)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Tangled FeetMet: Olivine City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
Ridley (Male Aerodactyl)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Rock HeadMet: Nacrene City (Revived from fossil)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
- Stable Time Loop: He's named after an Aerodactyl belonging to an Elite Four, who is actually Fortis' future self.
Tonberry (Female Archen)
- Nature: QuietAbility: DefeatistMet: Nacrene City (Revived from fossil)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
- Ax-Crazy: Tries to murder everything she locks eyes with. Fortis is oblivious to this aspect of her personality.
- The Quiet One: With the only words she says being some variation of "KILL!"
Rouge (Female Swoobat)
- Nature: NaughtyAbility: UnawareMet: Agate VillageBall: PokéFavorite move: Thief
Shade (Female Noibat)
- Nature: QuietAbility: InfiltratorMet: Ecruteak City (Gift from Amber)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
A Noibat that was given to Fortis by her friend Amber. She tends to speak either extremely softly or extremely loudly.
Grayson (Male Fletchinder)
A Fletchling that was Fortis' first capture in Kalos.
- Catch Phrase: "Holy (insert object here)!", much like a particular version of his namesake.
- Shout Out: Named after Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Robin.
Airy (Female Togekiss)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Serene GraceMet: Ecruteak City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
- Played by: Crowlover
First Appearance: Page 17645
- Flower in Her Hair: He wears a daisy in his hair.
- Non-Action Guy: Doesn't see himself as especially skilled at or interested in Pokemon battling, for the most part, though, once he found out what kind of things the J-Team goes through, is training to be able to handle such situations, if they arise.
- Shrinking Violet: Tends to be fairly withdrawn.
- Played by: Stargirl 93
In the AU, they headed a resistance force during the Kanjo raids. What effect they had on the raids has yet to be fully revealed.
- ¡Three Amigos!: Are always seen together.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Most of their gym battles are done off screen. The same can be said for the entirety or Ian's Sinnoh Journey.
- Ascended Fans: Nina and Ian are fans of the J-team, to the point where Nina is almost like a Jr. Paparazzi.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Ian is a Downplayed example.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dave.
An "11 year old" girl who formerly was Lane's Darumaka and is working with a Poison-monotype team contest team.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Happily snuggles her Poison-type mons on a regular basis and showed no ill effects (other than needing a few bandages) after falling in the water with a school of Poison Point Qwilfish.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's small, cute, and a genuine sweetie... But Arceus help you if you try to mess up her family.
- Happily Adopted: She was originally a Darumaka hatched from an apparently abandoned egg, and has happily called Lane "Papa" for as long as she could talk.
- Hidden Depths: She doesn't talk about it, but Lane's mutual breakup with his first girlfriend was heart wrenching for the then months old Darumaka, and she has had nightmares of her Pokémon parents "rescuing" her before.
- Improbable Weapon User: Has used a sack of bricks to perform the move Brick Break in gym battles, and she's still strong enough to swing it around as a little girl while in human form.
- Living Emotional Crutch: She intentionally plays one to Lane. But being young, this results mostly in her trying to be extra peppy and cute to the point she started wearing an Everstone as a pendant to keep from ever evolving. She still wears it as a human.
- Playing with Fire: While she's in Darumaka form.
- Poisonous Person: Specializes in Poison types.
- Shipper on Deck: Is an avid ToriXLane shipper, and has taken occasional steps to make sure the two have opportunities to fall in love.
- Younger Than They Look: She had her first birthday in 2015, but her human form looks about 11 years old, and is about mentally equivalent to one as well.
- Played by: Bad Wolf 21
Wolf's younger sister, who started her journey and met the others in the Orange Islands.
Cayenne (Male Quilava)
Basil (Male Rattata)
Peppermint (Female Kingler)
Jillian (Female Sandslash)
Robin (Male Kadabra)
Sassafras (Female Sableye)
Nova (Female Quilava)
Adopted from Crewe
Amberjack (Female Shiny Zigzagoon)
Adopted from Crewe
Aurelia (Female Shiny Mightyena)
Adopted from Crewe
Serena (Female Gardevoir)
Nutmeg (Female Deerling)
Oregano (Male Electrike)
Cyanide (Male Zubat)
Frosting (Female-identifying Cryogonal)
Cinnamon (Male Tepig)
Dandelion (Female Sewaddle)
Paprika (Female Dwebble)
Liquorice (Female Scraggy)
- Played by: Hobgoblin
As with most children from Vientown, Kim grew up with idolization of Pokémon Rangers, desiring to be one herself in the future. Her parents, respecting her choice in career, allowed her to study at the Vientown Ranger School for her middle and high school years.
A Ranger from Almia with a seemingly troubled, but, as of yet, undisclosed past. She seems to get along with Rex, though she does not reciprocate his crush. Though she is normally polite and formal, she occasionally slips into a tomboyish attitude, usually when irritated or dealing with adversaries.
First appearance: Page 3690
#1: Blossom the Leafeon (♀)
#2: Eclair the Luxray (♀)
- Meaningful Name: Eclair means "lightning" in French.
#3: Youko the Ninetales (♀)
- Meaningful Name: Youko means "sun child" in Japanese, a reference to her Drought ability.
#4: Clover the Lopunny (♀)
#5: Maria the Gardevoir (♀)
- L33t L1ng0: Is capable of writing human language, but only in this.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Revery (Rex x Every) for some odd reason.
#6: Aqua the Vaporeon (♀)
- The Chessmaster: Revealed to be this in her takeover plan for Team Aqua.
- Genki Girl: Is very energetic.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Most people in-universe think so at any rate.
#7: Glaze the Minunδ (♂)
- An Ice Person: Due to his Delta mutation.
#8: Alcyone the Noctowl (♀)
#9: Figaro the Altaria (♂)
The younger brother of Maria Heiden, and a Fire monotyper.
- Muggle Born of Mages: While Marianne Heiden is herself a psychic, Lane and Maria have never exhibited any Auric potential.
- Official Couple: With Tori.
- Parental Neglect: While Maria was smothered by their parents in general and their mother in particular, Lane was mostly neglected.
- Playing with Fire:Trains primarily Fire types.
- Red Is Heroic: Is red-headed and a good guy, though for the most part he's less Hot-Blooded than most examples.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Volunteered to go find Maria because he wanted his parents to acknowledge him.
- Played by: AZealousIndividual
Zeal's younger sister. She joined the group during Unova-2.
- Ascended Fangirl: One of the J-Team's fans who ended up joining the group.
- Badass Adorable: Zeal has said that she's better than him at pretty much everything. She's also more than five years younger.
- Beware the Honest Ones: After seeing [Tagg's video of the Very Bad Thing, she breaks into a minor Cipher base on her own in order to fight Cipher "the right way".
- Brainwashed and Crazy: When her memories are altered, she believes that she was behind the killings of the Octet members.
- Eye Screw: Loses her left eye as the result of more than a year of torture, but doesn't let it keep her down.
- Sibling Team: With Zeal on multiple occasions, most notably during her Kalos gym challenge.
- Ditzy Genius: Loses her Unova League challenge because she forgot to buy items, to name one example.
- Genki Girl: Has shades of this at times.
- Memory Gambit: Agrees to have her memory altered to help Iulianus find the culprit behind the Octet killings. It fails. Horribly.
- The Nicknamer: Gives a nickname to everyone she meets.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Is openly a huge fangirl of all sorts of things, most notably the J-Team TV Show.
- Tears of Remorse: When her Memory Gambit fails.
A redheaded woman first seen in Sinnoh, little is known about Lina at first aside from that she has a lot of energy, and she dislikes Ghost types. She is eventually revealed to be an immortal like Umbra who ruled over Dragnor 600 years ago as Warlord, and an ancestor of Sarah, Alli, and their mother Ellen, as well as Skye.
- Been There, Shaped History: Lina is revealed to have invented (Or at least popularized) the four move limit in terms of official battles during the Conquest arc as a result of having to fight General Stone.
- Fiery Redhead: Definitely.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks a bit like a redheaded Alli.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Much like Umbra, Lina is an immortal, though slightly younger than him.
- Irony: Becomes a Gengar when armbanded, despite her general dislike for Ghost types.
- Lady of War: Back when she was ruling Dragnor alongside Kaius.
- Red Baron: The Crimson Lady back in 15th Century Ransei.
- Soul Power: Has Obscuric abilities much like Umbra.
(Work in progress)
Chrome The Metagross
Originally a duo of Illusion Project members, Linnéa and Ray joined the J-Team after the fall of their organization.
- Abusive Parents: Linnéa's stepmother was abusive, causing her to unknowingly create Ray out of the desire for a protector.
- HeelFace Turn: Decide to join up with the J-Team after the Illusion Project goes defunct.
- Missing Mom: Linnéa's birth mother died of an illness when Linnéa was little.
- Split Personality: Linnéa and Ray share the same body, though Ray is the only one aware of the duo aware of that fact.
- Multi-Gendered Split Personalities: Ray's her male split personality born out of a desire for a protector from her stepmother's abuse.
Cinder (Male Typhlosion)
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh, so much.
- Green Thumb: Knows Solarbeam.
- Not So Different: He's a lot more cynical than Lake, but he pretty much only wants the same things out of life as Lake does.
- Playing with Fire: Fire type.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Why Did It Have To Be Nidorans! Going for a cuddlepile!
Zap (Male Raichu)
- Shock and Awe: Electric type.
Luna (Female Umbreon)
- Casting a Shadow: Dark type.
- Stone Wall: Her offensive skills aren't that strong, but she can tank hits better than anyone else on the team.
Gregory (Male Slowking)
Bullet (Male Scizor)
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Bug type.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Steel type.
- The Voiceless: Never says a word, no matter what the situation.
Dusty (Male Flygon)
- Played by: FullMoon
Lyuri is Sakura's lost sister who disappeared after Sakura accidentally caused a cave-in that killed their parents, she was later found at New Moon Island. Lyuri is a tomboy who is as subtle as a rampaging Gyarados and prone to sarcastic comments, however, she's not a bad person and is actually quite willing to help others in need.
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: The Brawn to Sakura's Beauty and Hikari's brains.
- Berserk Button: Do not happen to hurt Sakura in any way, seriously, don't.
- Big Brother Instinct: Sister in her case, but never try to harm Sakura.
- Blackmail: What Alexiel does to her to make her work for him.
- BrokenBird: During Orre, especially after revealing herself to be Alexia
- Deadpan Snarker: Very much so.
- Drop the Hammer: Has a sledgehammer that she got in her adventures through the Magic Mirror.
- First Kiss: With Duke.
- Freudian Trio: The Id to Sakura's Ego and Hikari's Superego.
- Geek: Reads comics in her spare time, though it's never revealed which ones.
- Goggles Do Nothing: She used to have never-used googles on her head.
- Hammerspace: Keeps her hammer here most of the time.
- Little Bit Beastly: Became half Lucario in April Fools 2013
- Heroic BSoD: Spends the entirety of Orre like this. She actually got out of it pretty soon and started acting, but unfortunately it was for the wrong side, see Blackmail above.
- Idiot Ball: Her holding it for too long in Orre resulted in basically making a bad situation even worse. Trying to take down a big organization like Cipher all on her own to save Duke and underestimating Alexiel clearly didn't work very well.
- Interspecies Romance: Initially defied as she considered this kind of relationship "wrong", she ended up falling in love with Duke though and they started dating. However, she still felt uncomfortable with the concept for a long time before finally accepting it fully.
- Lampshade Hanging: Does it frequently.
- Loves My Alter Ego: She fell in love with Duke's human form and wasn't sure of what she would do once Duke became a Lucario again. Turns out that she still loves him and they're still dating.
- Nice Mean And Inbetween: The Inbetween to Duke's Nice and Herbert's Mean. However, she's the Mean to Sakura's Nice and Hikari's Inbetween.
- Not Quite Back to Normal: She found out she could use Aura after turning into half a Lucario on April Fool's 2013.
- Odd Friendship: Lyrui and Darkrai are not particularly close and are very different in personality, yet they get along very well and Lyuri is very casual with Darkrai, who enjoys her company.
- Official Couple: With Duke.
- Pals with Jesus: Rather unexpectedly for her, she managed to befriend Darkrai sometime after getting separated from her family and acts as a messenger of sorts to him.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses: Subverted, she doesn't like them, but she does wear them on occasion, mostly due to Sakura, then it's completely averted once she started wearing a dress as a sign that she'll try to change her "tough" image, she doesn't really change much though.
- Self-Made Orphan: Accidentally killed her parents in a rockslide created by Riku as a Sandshrew.
- Signature Move: Duke, her Lucario.
- Tears of Joy: If she cries, it's often like this.
- Tears of Remorse: Upon revealing herself to be Alexia, it also mixes with Tears of Joy when she and Duke are reunited.
- Tomboy And Girly Girl - The Tomboy to Sakura's Girly Girl.
- Tsundere: Type A to pretty much everybody, though she's not actively rude to everyone but a few.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The one way to describe her relationship with Des and Herbert.
The Team in General
- Five-Man Band: Riku's group:
- Put on a Bus: For Holon and, for the most part, Orre
- True Companions: Even some of the more jerkish ones will do anything to save other teammates from actual danger.
Lyuri's starter Pokémon and the responsible for the cave-in accident that killed her parents, however, he was just a baby at the time and as such nobody holds it against him, but he still felt immense guilt over it, he's mostly over it now, though he was still scared of using Earthquake due to that accident. He's one of the kid Pokémon
- Cowardly Lion: Initially, seems to have becomes less of one by now.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground type.
- Meaningful Name: Riku means "earth" in Japanese
- Oblivious to Love: Works at his favor when it comes to mons using Attract on him, though it just means that he resists it slightly better than others.
- Only Sane Man: Sometimes takes this role within the group, being the most levelheaded of them and being the first to question some of their plans.
- Out of Focus: Starting at Unova-2
- Took a Level in Badass: He started improving when battling, being able to strategically KO two Krokoroks when he actually started to fight back, contributing to Lyuri's victory over Hikari in PWT and beating Argentum in her battle with Jacob, all situations involving him using Earthquake, a move that he was scared off prior to having been forced to use it.
Lyuri's second Pokémon is a rather reserved one that is used mostly for teleporting her from place to place, but he has shown himself to be just as capable in battle as the others, he tends to stay away from the team and just listen to the conversations around him, without getting himself involved.
- Mundane Utility: He's more frequently used for teleporting Lyuri and others around places than anything else, he sometimes complains about that.
- Psychic Powers: Like all Alakazam.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much.
A Staraptor that loves flirting with other bird Pokémon, but also is quite good in battling, he tends to be too busy flying around and doing other things to stay around the group.
Zap (Pikachu -> Raichu)
Riku's best friend who is frequently plotting something for them to do and drags the Sandslash along even if he doesn't want to. He's one of the kid Pokémon.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Got into a car accident immediately after stealing one.
- Shock and Awe: Electric type.
- The Prankster: Sometimes plays pranks on others, one of those pranks ended backfiring horribly on him in Unova-2, resulting in his group getting separated from each other and wandering around Unova.
- Played by: Crowlover
First Appearance: Page 7924
- Ascended Fangirl: She was a fan of the J-Team TV Show before joining the team itself, and even ended up becoming Tagg's PEFE intern.
- Genre Savvy: Unlike her mentor, in this case it's actually a minor flaw, as her knowledge of how the WAAPTverse works like a story has convinced her that nothing permanently bad can really happen to the J-Team, which can cause her to act extremely recklessly out of the belief she has Plot Armor.
- The Intern: Is one to Tagg in the PEFE.
- Mixed Ancestry: Half Poké-Japanese and the equivalent of Ashkenazi Jewish.
- Number Two: As Tagg's sole intern, she's pretty much his human example of this trope since Muddy handles the mon side of things.
- Odd Friendship: With Tagg, considering his hatred for most of the fanbase for treating him and his friends as a commodity for their consumption, making one of them his intern would come off as extremely unlikely.
- Official Couple: With Nico.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Her relationship with Tagg, not least of which because he's seven years her senior.
- Running Gag: Since getting Volcamel, Maggie has ended up having her pants burned off or otherwise removed on a couple occasions.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Her Xanadu avatar uses a bow and arrow, and she's taken archery lessons.
- Took a Level in Badass: Is undergoing this as Tagg tries to teach her how to fight.
- Undying Loyalty: To Tagg, with the only time they've fought being over how Lucius tended to treat him.
- Wrench Wench: While it rarely gets much play, Maggie has a lot of interest in engineering.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has natural pink hair.
Kernel (Female Sunflora)
- Sour Supporter: Of Maggie due to her dislike of the insanity she gets into as a J-Team member.
Sweetie (Male Combee)
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Maggie, who he considers his queen.
Slliuq (Female Qwilfish)
Scouter (Male Watchog)
Chum (Male Sharpedo)
- Becoming the Mask: Originally pretended to join Maggie's team to try and steal a supposed treasure she had, but eventually grew to like being on the team, even if he does still like Hook.
- Nice Hat: Wears a red fez.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Has expressed a disinterst in immortality due to having stayed in Neverland for too long.
Squealer (Male Emboar)
- Horrible Judge of Character: Is very easily tricked if someone happens to be charismatic enough.
- Distressed Dude: Is captured by the X-Nauts during the HTYD miniarc.
- Motor Mouth: Hasthetendencytospeakwithoutanyspacesbetweenherwords
Volcamel (Female Camerupt)
- Running Gag: Accidentally burning Maggie's pants off.
Jones (Male Basculin)
- Nice Hat: Wears a green tricorne.
Hyp (Male Rampardos)
- Hulkspeak: Rarely uses pronouns or things like conjunctions, if ever.
M. Bush (Female Venusaur)
- Dynamic Entry: Often greets people by jumping on them.
Connie (Female Mienshao)
- Ship Tease: With Aaron, Tagg's Chesnaught.
- Rollerblade Good: Loves to skate, and is currently trying to teach Aaron how.
- Expy: Of Gollum.
Hellbender (Female Quagsire)
- Fountain of Youth: Is transformed back into a Wooper due to magic.
Habakkuk (Male Avalugg)
- Verbal Tic: Always responds opposite how one normally would.
Gumbomb (Male Jigglypuff)
- HeelFace Turn: While not exactly evil, he was originally one of King Dedede's minions who attacked the group before being forced to join the King's Krew.
- Undying Loyalty: To King Dedede, as he nearly betrayed the group when they attacked Dedede while he was under mind control.
Molly (Female Beedrill)
- Ascended Extra: Was originally a Weedle Maggie met during the Bug-Catching Contest back in 2012.
- Shout Out: To Molly Walker from Pact.
Kamdida (Female Kadabra)
- Token Evil Teammate: Is an X-Naut traveling with the group mainly because Maggie caught her and the Vow compels her to obey.
Lane's older sister and a self-proclaimed treasure hunter, Maria joined the J-Team upon setting sail from Castelia in a raft and ending up in Fiore as they prepared to fight the Illusion Project.
- Break the Cutie: She did not take Samantha's kidnapping by Lazarus well.
- Character Development: Over the course of the story she's become more confident as she breaks the shackles of her mother's control and gets into Pokémon training.
- Dude Magnet: Is very pretty and has attracted a lot of guys, with her own mother describing her as one of the most beautiful women in the Unova region. Even Francis admits he finds her attractive despite his hatred for the whole Heiden family.
- Girly Girl And Tomboy: Is the more girly of the two between herself and Samantha.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses.
- Muggle Born of Mages: While Marianne Heiden is herself a psychic, Maria and Lane have never exhibited any Auric potential.
- My Beloved Smother: Spent most of her life under the thumb of her controlling mother before running away.
- Official Couple: Is currently dating Samantha.
- Plucky Girl: She's got a lot of guts and never gives up.
- "Take That!" Kiss: She shares one with Samantha in order to piss off her controlling mother.
Mezzopiano's second younger sibling. They are the original owner of Sunny and a specialist in training the Eevee line. To avoid confusion between them and their sister, they go by Forte for short. While orignally identifying as male, they've begun to question their gender identity as a result of their numerous genderbending misadventures.
In the AU, he is dead, killed by a Bisharp in the invasion of Castelia.
First appearance: Page 3586.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Pianis and Mezzo, though it gets exaggerated in the J-Team TV show.
- Baleful Polymorph: Probably has the most forced transformations out of any single J-Team member.
- Butt-Monkey: If something horrible is going to happen to someone, it's probably going to happen to Forte.
- Fanboy: Of Eevee and its evolutions, naturally.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: Thanks to different transformations, he's been a Glaceon, a Flareon, and a Jolteon.
- Friend to All Living Things: To Eevee line members in particular. Even Shadowed Eeveelutions feel comfortable around him.
- Furry Fandom: Comes out as a furry during Hoenn-2.
- Gender Bender: Has been subjected to three times. First on April Fools' Day, second when entering the PMD universe, and third shortly after reaching Kalos.
- Musical Theme Naming: Like the rest of his siblings.
- Running Gag:
- Him asking to use a Pokémon-to-Human armband and getting ignored, until he finally got his chance.
- Also, him being left behind or being called whiny.
- Squee!: What he does whenever he meets a new Eevee.
- Weirdness Magnet: Technically everyone in the group is this, but he's one of the most magnetic, especially after he annoyed a particular Mew.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair, it runs in the family.
Icicle (Male Glaceon; a Leafeon in the AU)
Forte's starter and the father of the rest of the team, as well as Sunny. While he is supposed to be the team leader, he really just wants to play in the snow.
- An Ice Person: Ice type and he loves the cold.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While Icicle tends to act rather childish, when the chips are down he will leap into action.
- Flash Step: Uses this technique in hail, thanks to Snow Cloak.
- One of the Kids: His children tend to be more mature than him.
- Papa Wolf: If you hurt one of his kids, he gets mad. That includes not blood children like Stella.
- Walking Techbane: Has managed to break a keyboard, a weather machine, and a Dream Rift machine.
Shadow (Male Espeon; an Umbreon in the AU)
The oldest of Icicle's children. He is the most calm and focused out of Forte's Pokémon and occasionally takes over as team leader. In the AU, he is owned by Mezzo and acts as her secretary and adviser.
- All Your Powers Combined: Has the Evolution Memories ability from the TCG, which allows him to use the attacks of all other Eeveeulutions he's allied with.
- Barrier Warrior: Knows both Reflect and Light Screen.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He has a wide range of abilities, but lacks motivation.
- Cain and Abel: To Sunny in the AU, at least until he switched sides.
- The Cynic: Compared to his brother.
- Hidden Depths: Is a surprisingly good singer.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To both Forte and Icicle, being the mon that drives the airship and also the most sensible one on Forte's team most of the time.
- Instant Expert: Learns how to pilot an airship by simply reading the manual.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Is the only non Ice-type member of Team Glacier.
- Nonindicative Name: The only member of Forte's team not named after their type.
- Psychic Powers: Like all Espeon.
- Shout Out: Not named after that Shadow, but has referenced him a few times.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Sunny. Sunny is idealistic while Shadow is cynical.
- Smart People Play Chess: He's noted to be fond of chess, as well as other games of strategy such as the Starcraft equivalent StellarCreation.
- The Stoic: Always keeps calm, no matter the situation.
- Translator Buddy: He translated Pokémon speech to Forte through telepathy until Forte got his chance to try an armband.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Is either at his most powerful when rendered insane for whatever reason, or becomes insane as he gets more powerful.
Fireball (Male Flareon)
- Nature: ImpishAbility: Flash FireMet: Route 3 (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Overheat
Leaflet (Male Leafeon)
- Green Thumb: Like all Leafeon.
- Shrinking Violet: Tends to be very shy.
- The Unfavorite: Sometimes feels this way due to his preference for different weather than his snow-obsessed dad.
Marine (Male Vaporeon)
- Nature: MildAbility: Water AbsorbMet: Route 3 (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Surf
Electro (Female Jolteon)
- Nature: HastyAbility: Volt AbsorbMet: Route 3 (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Thunder
- Bifauxnen: Going by how Ichtacya thought she was a guy, Electro probably looks like this to other mons.
- Psycho Electro: A mild case, but she shows just a little too much interest in frying bad guys.
- Shock and Awe: Like all Jolteon.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Does this to Ichtacya.
Stella (Female Umbreon)
An Eevee that was given as a Christmas present to Forte from Katie, and evolved into an Umbreon in PMD-A. She likes to draw attention to herself, and Icicle has pretty much adopted her as one of his daughters.
- Actual Pacifist: She doesn't battle at all, even in dire situations. And she disapproves of anyone who resorts to violence. Most Pokémon who know her think it's pretty weird.
- Attention Whore: A big one.
- Casting a Shadow: Like all Umbreon.
- Official Couple: With Odd.
Odd Zeddie Casanova (Male Umbreon)
- Played by: Tangent 128
An Eevee who tried to seduce Forte while in the PMD universe. He later ended up falling in love with Stella, and the two evolved to Umbreon together on a date. While he travels with Forte, he isn't officially part of the team.
- Actual Pacifist: Like his girlfriend, he's a lover, not a fighter.
- The Casanova: It's right there in his name. He fell out of this habit after meeting Stella, though.
- Gratuitous French: He's fond of inserting this into his speech.
- Official Couple: With Stella.
Celeste (Female Sylveon)
- Nature: DocileAbility: Cute CharmMet: Phenac City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
The daughter of Stella and Odd, and the newest member of the family. Born male and originally named Sirius, she changed her name and began identifying as female shortly after evolving.
Nico is a budding young Psychic and J-Team fan from Lentimas Town in Unova.
- Ascended Fanboy: Was a J-Team fan before joining the group.
- Character Development: Goes from outwardly friendly and enthusiastic to revealing he's rather jaded and feels useless, and then gradually grows more confident and skilled enough to take powerful foes head-on and be unafraid to state his feelings.
- Covert Pervert: Tried sneaking a peek at Maggie when she'd gotten depantsed. Subverted as he gains more and more respect and concern for her.
- Official Couple: With Maggie. Double as a Battle Couple later on.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Played for Drama, he tells Robin that he feels this way during the Hoenn-2 arc, noting that compared to the oddities making up the J-Team he feels like he's "nothing special" and constantly ignored. Eventually subverted after HTYD.
- Psychic Powers: Has them, and specializes in Psychic type Pokémon.
- Took a Level in Badass: Spends most of his initial run in the RP with no real self-confidence or idea what to do with himself, and similar lack of skill with his raw psychic strength; after the adventure with the Crystal Stars he's honed his psychic powers enough to be a force to be reckoned with on his own, and has his Pokémon team and a division of the X-Nauts to back him up.
- Played by: Strawberryflavored
Straw's little sister who currently resides with his parents in Saffron. She has gotten a few Johto and Kanto badges. She is a experienced trainer, but not an expert.
Ariel the VaporeonAriel is Crescent's sister, and Nicole's first Pokemon. She has a relationship with Nicole's Furret, Ferron. Their daughter is Belle the Eevee.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
Ferron the FurretFerron is Nicole's first wild Pokemon that she caught. He is Ariel's boyfriend, and Belle's father.
Spirit the AltariaSpirit was a Swablu the Straw's father gave Nicole as a gift, much like how Envy was given to Straw.
- Blow You Away: Flying type.
Belle the FlareonBelle is Ferron and Ariel's daughter.
- Alpha Bitch: Towards Blythe due to seeing her as an attention hog.
- Brainy Baby: She understands a lot about the world and battle mechanics. Except no one can understand her. When she is finally able to speak, she loses this intelligence.
Balthasar the Dunsparce
Kopaka the Weavile
Jormungandr the Dragonair
- Brainy Baby: He may be smart, but no one could understand him for a while. Unlike Belle, he's still just as smart after learning to talk, if not smarter.
Harley the Scolipede
The oldest of the Morendo siblings. Like his brother and sister, he specializes in training a particular type of Pokémon; in his case, Ice types. He usually goes by Pianis for short. While he is from Unova, he has also spent a lot of time in Sinnoh tracking down unique Ice type Pokémon. He has also spent a few years working as a gym trainer in the Snowpoint City gym.
In the AU, he is dead, killed by the Distortion spreading over Sinnoh.
First appearance: Page 5077.
- Aloof Big Brother: Towards his siblings most of the time.
- An Ice Person: He's an Ice type trainer, and his Pokémon form is a Vanilluxe.
- An Ice Suit: He wears cold weather gear wherever he goes, since he has an Ice type team.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning that his name sounds like "Penis".
- Freeze Ray: Happens to own one, which he uses for self-defense when his team isn't around.
- Killed Offscreen: Due to the Distortion in AU!Sinnoh.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: It goes down to his lower back.
- Musical Theme Naming: Like the rest of his siblings.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Has hair covering one of his eyes at all times, with the sole exception being when he admitted to Amanita that he liked her.
- Relationship Upgrade: With Amanita in Kalos.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Pianis' answer to most problems tends to be to use a Hail boosted triple Blizzard until it faints/dies.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like his siblings, it's natural.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- An Ice Person: They're all Ice type, naturally, and they also all know Blizzard.
- Squishy Wizard: They're all powerful special attackers, but tend to go down quickly.
Yukikaze (Male Vanilluxe)
- Nature: RelaxedAbility: Ice BodyMet: Castelia City (Vanillite)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Blizzard
- Nature: SeriousAbility: LevitateMet: Twist MountainBall: QuickFavorite move: Reflect
Icecap (Female Abomasnow)
- Nature: GentleAbility: Snow WarningMet: Route 216 (Snover)Ball: GreatFavorite move: Blizzard
Shiva (Female Froslass)
- Nature: ModestAbility: Snow CloakMet: Route 216 (Snorunt)Ball: QuickFavorite move: Blizzard
Sparkplug (Frost Rotom)
- Nature: HastyAbility: LevitateMet: Old ChateauBall: DuskFavorite move: Thunderbolt
- Expy: Of Scrapper, to Crystallux's Fi.
- Mundane Utility: In addition to battling, Pianis also uses it to keep food and drinks cold.
Boreas (Male Dewgong)
- Nature: HardyAbility: HydrationMet: Route 230 (Seel)Ball: QuickFavorite move: Surf
Vexen (Male Cloyster)
- Nature: SeriousAbility: Skill LinkMet: Route 222Ball: UltraFavorite move: Icicle Spear
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Organzation XIII member that shares his name.
- Mad Scientist: Much like his namesake.
Cirno (Female Beartic)
- Nature: BoldAbility: Snow CloakMet: Mt. AvalancheBall: NoneFavorite move: Icicle Crash
Giri (Female Weavile)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: Keen EyeMet: Brennenburg Castle (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Ice Punch
- Head Pet: Likes to cling to people's heads.
Opal (Male Aurorus)
- Nature: TimidAbility: RefrigerateMet: Ambrette Town (revived from fossil)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
An Amaura revived from a fossil Pianis dug out of a cave with an ice pick.
- Shrinking Violet: He's extremely shy and tends to panic at the sight of new people.
Elsa (Female Smoochum)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: ObliviousMet: Ecruteak City (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
Cinnamon (Female Bergmite)
- Nature: JollyAbility: SturdyMet: Snowbelle CityBall: PokéFavorite move: Unknown
A Bergmite that was created by Fool as a gift, similarly to how she created Minty and Butterscotch. Due to her odd origin, she is red instead of the usual blue.
- Played by: Umbramatic. Not to be confused with mrsunshinesprinkle's PC.
Robin is a budding new trainer with a twist: He's actually a character from a whole different Nintendo universe, specifically Fire Emblem Awakening's.
- Cloning Blues:His physical body's technically a clone of his old self; in terms of his soul and memories he's actually a mostly de-Grimafied Bad End version of Robin.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Is from a world very different from that of WAAPT.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Trains Dragon-types.
- Mystical White Hair: Has this, being based on the default Robin.
- Refugee from TV Land: Sort of. It's more due to the WAAPT multiverse's weirdness than literally coming to life from the video game he's from, but the overall effect is about the same.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: His increased suffering, depression, and self—doubt compared to his Good End counterpart are a major part of what allow him to be initially utterly subsumed by Grima.
A subset of Robin's identity, the Fell Dragon of legend who Robin became in his home timeline only for his origional personality to be exised from Grima's whole upon entering the OU. An aspect of Grima still exist as part of Robin intending to reclaim his full power in the WAAPT world somehow.
Paula after her memories were excised by the Unown, Rose joined the J-Team following finding her way to Goldenrod City after the Ranger-2 arc.
For tropes relating to Paula, see here.
- Deadpan Snarker: If pressed she has a tongue about as sharp as Paula's.
- Death Seeker: Tells Savannah during a conversation that she's not sure that if someone tried to kill her for Paula's crimes she wouldn't just let them kill her.
- HeelFace Brainwashing: Zigzagged, while the Unown removing her memories did give her a new lease on life, it was mainly Savannah's influence that helped Rose stay good rather than following her original's path.
- I Hate Past Me: Makes it clear that she finds Paula to be an abhorrent individual, and even beforehand goes to great pains to distance herself from her.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The Unown erased every non-motor skill related memory she had.
- Reformed, but Rejected:
- Despite Rose's efforts to not be Paula, Nanu attempts to arrest her thinking they're one and the same, and Lucius attacks her unprovoked much like he did to Verax when they first meet and makes his dislike of her clear to see.
- It's also deconstructed in how her awareness of how there are people who no matter what will see her as Paula has given her a deep depression as well as self-esteem issues.
- Trauma Button: Despite the fact that Diane's well aware that Paula and Rose are not the same person, she's uncomfortably reminded of the former every time she's around the latter, so Diane limits any interaction between them.
- Temporal Theme Naming: Stars AU Hoenn Mons are named after Days of the week.
Sunday The Frostlass (Female)
Monday The Marshtomp (Male)
Tuesday The Breloom (Female)
Wednesday The Mightyena (Female)
Thursday The Raichu (Male)
Friday The Torkoal (Male)
Chilliwack (Shiny Leafeon, Male)
- Ability: Leaf GuardMet: Trade (Eevee)Ball: Poke
Mint and BoldoBasket's "saplings". They help take care of operations at the PEFE HQ once it's been recovered.
- Played by: WackyPancake
An exploration team from the PMD world composed by a Magikarp (the leader), a Hoppip, and a Wynaut. They are not like you. They think Splash is the single most powerful move of them all when used properly, but nobody knows how to use it, not even themselves, so they are dedicated 24/7 to find out how. In reality, they just bounce around like morons, but hey, at least they try!
- Butt-Monkey: Hoppip.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: All members qualify to varying degrees, but Magikarp's the one who most prominently exhibits this trait.
- Comic Trio: Magikarp is the leader, Wynaut is the follower, and Hoppip is the sane one.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hoppip, in spades.
- The Fool: Magikarp.
- Only Sane Man: Hoppip.
- Plucky Comic Relief: During PMD-R.
- Pokémon Speak: Kind of, but not quite. Wynaut can only say "Why?" and "Why not?".
- Straight Man and Wise Guy / Red Oni, Blue Oni: Magikarp and Hoppip have this sort of relation.
- Silent Bob: Wynaut doesn't speak much.
- Played by: MasterJayAM
Another Intrepid Reporter and photographer with the Geographic Society who moonlights as Arachna-Guy, an oddly familiar costumed vigilante. He also hosts a Science Show and also doubles as Shutter's all-purpose assistant.
- Arachnid Appearance and Attire: He wears a superhero outfit based on a shiny Ariados.
- Ascended Fanboy: Is a general fan of science, PEFE, and superhero comics; he works as both a science journalist and superhero and got to work alongside PEFE, albeit as an assistant to the one actually assigned there.
- Big Brother Mentor: Graduated to this once he started having subordinates of his own. Shutter was this to him.
- Boss's Unfavorite Employee: Shutter notes that Hank Harvey is often meaner toward him than most other employees.
- Clark Kent Outfit: Wears Hipster clothes that are usually baggy, though people are generally aware that he is fit.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He has displayed a tendency to bail when something bad happens specifically to don his hero outfit and try to save the day. This becomes an issue when he somehow leaves his costume behind.
- Chick Magnet: Managed to attract a harem of many interested women (and Inspector Shun). His ex Jane Stacy (who he has not moved on from) is heavily implied to still be in love with him.
- Composite Character: Has the general personality and appearance of the MCU incarnation of the character , with little nods to the comics, cartoons, and Raimi and later Sony movies. His role as a television host was derived from YouTuber Mark Rober and a nod to Doc Ock in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
- Cool Loser: Much like the guy he's an expy of, he is about as archetypal as a likable person would be yet is said to be not as popular as he ought to have been, at least in his teens, possibly because he occasionally annoyed people by talking too much.
- Dumpster Dive: His main method of staking out potential criminal activity.
- Excited Kids' Show Host: He hosts a [YouTube] science program.
- Expy: He's basically MCU Peter Parker.
- Expy Coexistence: Besides one brief moment when Silas identifies him and he jokes about getting sued, he doesn't exactly notice how closely his background and life choices mirror the Spider-Man franchise IRP, which is so far entirely coincidental.
- Extraverted Nerd: Currently. He gets along remarkably well with his coworkers and is very forward and confident.
- Former Teen Rebel: Was unruly enough to commit petty thefts during field trips.
- Happily Adopted: Lives with his aunt and his cousin's family in a cramped Castelia City apartment.
- Hollywood Nerd: An athletic and handsome young man and a walking Extraverted Nerd stereotype
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Shutter's assistant is a very capable photojournalist and videographer in his own right.
- In the Hood: His original getup was a baggy "hoodie ninja" outfit similar to the one worn by Spider-man in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Intrepid Reporter: A courageous and righteous photojournalist who happens to be a superhero.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mr. Positive," due to Shutter perceiving him as a hopelessly upbeat fellow. Shutter's brother calls him "Pleasantville." Called "Andy" or by his online handle, TAP, by other people, including two office coworkers who share his first name.
- Keet: He's very personable and hyper.
- Kid Hero: His backstory reveals that he saved Tobi during a field trip and brought down an illegal spinarak silk harvesting scheme by a local Mega-Corp.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: The formal owner of a meowth and a superheroic nice guy.
- Le Parkour: He mentions that he engages in this from time to time.
- Logical Weakness: He is an asthmatic and will succumb to an attack without access to an inhaler.
- Made of Iron: He's remarkably resilient and can take a lot of physical punishment, except maybe for that spot in his left arm where Tobi bit him.
- Motor Mouth: He's an excitable guy and will gush about things at length in a single breath.
- The Nicknamer: Although usually on the receiving end, he sometimes can dish out a few nicknames of his own. "Shutter Jr." for Dave, for instance.
- Nice Guy: Gives off the impression of a trustworthy adult and more than lives up to it.
- Not a Morning Person: Reduced to a grumbling half-conscious lump when forced to get up really early.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Averted; he is specifically described as a chemist (that is, his college degree was in chemistry) and works as a science journalist rather than a scientist. Although he does have some mechanical acumen, he isn't as good as someone with better training and tools. Invoked somewhat in his webshow: he does know enough about general science topics to be trusted to teach it to a young audience.
- Pokémon-Themed Superbeing: As Arachna-Guy, down to having a spinarak sidekick.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: He occasionally wears a pair of glasses. It was remarked that he used to need them but no longer does and only wears them as a disguise. It suits his hipster nerd look.
- Purple Is Powerful: Both his superhero outfits—his hoodie outfit and his upgraded super suit—follows a shiny ariados' color scheme.
- Sniff Sniff Nom: He has acquired a habit of putting things in his mouth that aren't supposed to be there, which allows him to analyze things based on taste alone.
- Speaks Fluent Pokémon: He took a class in monese in college.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Petersen, to distinguish him from Peterson and Pearson, who work at the same floor and share the same first name (they use job descriptions and different nicknames to differentiate themselves). This doesn't stop people from addressing him as Thomas.
- Spider-Man Send-Up: To the point of Celebrity Paradox. He has the general abilities of his cross-fictional counterpart down to the polymers, the tech-savvy benefactor, and the power set. Physically, he resembles the Tom Holland version of Peter Parker with random elements of previous cinematic Spider-Men thrown in. His adventures often but not always mirror the adventures of Spider-Man in other media, despite a fictional Spider-Man franchise expy already existing in-universe. Everyone who catches on seems to notice this fairly quickly.
- Spider-Sense: He has an uncanny ability to sense danger, which motivates him to do something about it. He was recently revealed to be a very unskilled Auric.
- Super Strength: Can lift objects several times his own weight. If only he can pitch.
- Teen Genius: A Brilliant, but Lazy chemist in his teens.
- Worf Had the Flu: He lost a battle against a middle-aged cut-rate supervillain wannabe (despite physical and technological advantages) because of an asthma attack mid-battle that took place when he ran out of meds.
- Younger Than He Looks: Despite being above 18, he still passes for a teenager and is frequently carded when entering adults-only facilities. There is a precedent for this.
Tobi/Aranos the male SpinarakAn oddly colored spinarak Tommy stole/"rescued" from a Best Berry subsidiary's illegal spinarak farm who doubles as his partner/sidekick.
- Apologizes a Lot: He knows he can make people and other pokémon uncomfortable simply by being a spinarak and tries to allay their fears by being nice and apologetic.
- Arachnid Appearance and Attire: Inverted. He wears a pair of tiny sunglasses which aims to make him more anthropomorphic.
- Creepy Good: Aranos understands that Spiders Are Scary and uses this to his advantage.
- Expy: Of the spider that bit Peter Parker.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was a genetic experiment and part of an illegal spinarak silk harvesting scheme. His genetic profile is also very valuable to the parent corporation of the company that made him.
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider: Possesses an "aw shucks" likeable pleasant persona, quite similar to his trainer.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: True to form, Tobi is a genetic experiment created by Best Berry and his bite was responsible for many (though not all) of Tommy's enhanced abilities.
- Insistent Terminology: Sees himself as a superhero in his own right and claims half-jokingly that Arachna-Guy is the sidekick.
- Letters 2 Numbers: His Line-of-Sight Name was drawn from his alphanumeric designation, T-0131. Out-of-universe, he is named for Tobey Maguire, and some people have made this assumption in-universe, which was before the alphanumeric was revealed.
- Not So Different: Part of the reason why he and Tommy got along so well despite the initial antagonism.
- Palette Swap: Colored like a shiny ariados despite only being a Spinarak.
- Triangle Shades: Part of his superhero getup are triangular shades.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza time!
- Weaksauce Weakness: He is lactose intolerant and pizza is a poor substitute to his regular diet.
Drake the male JoltikA tiny, friendly joltik who was rescued from smugglers alongside his family by Arachna-Guy and was adopted by Tommy not long after.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Much younger than his fellows and also the last egg in his mother's brood to have hatched.
- Badass Adorable: A cute jumping spiderling who's good enough in combat to work as a superhero.
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider: He's a Joltik who moonlights as a superhero's sidekick. "Friendly" comes with the territory.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He and his family were smuggled from a protected area by poachers and kept in cramped inhumane conditions. He remains remarkably well adjusted after the rescue and is very grateful to Tommy for rescuing his family.
- Happily Adopted: Beyond merely being very grateful for being rescued from abusive traffickers, he sees Tommy as "like mother, but as a male human."
- Head Pet: Has been known to travel on his trainer's head a lot.
- Hero Worship: Admires his trainer a lot.
- Keet: A hyper little spiderling.
- Legacy Character: Takes on the Aranos identity in Tobi's absence
- Outnumbered Sibling: The only male joltik in his brood
- Shock and Awe: He is an electric type and one of Tommy's better battlers, surprising given his size and immaturity.
- Small, Annoying Creature: He tends to be very hyper and can come off as annoying.
- Trademark Favorite Food: As with Tobi.
Shinji the male KabutoA Kabuto cloned from a Cambrian-era fossil. Recently took on the superhero identity of Cheirurus.
- Berserk Button: Takes poorly to any insinuation that extinct pokémon are "outmoded"
- Canada, Eh?: Kinda. He was cloned from a dome fossil taken from a Cambrian Lagerstätte called the Sturgess Shales, an expy of the IRL Burgess Shales in Canada. Though he was born in the 21st Century in Unova.
- Dishing Out Dirt: It comes with being part rock-type.
- Glacier Waif: Not a very big pokémon but prone to stone walling his way through an especially thorny battle. His favored move in a type-mismatched battle is "harden."
- Fantastic Slur: Tends to call malamar [orthocones].
- Fossil Revival: Cloned from DNA extracted from a dome fossil, later found to be an egg-laying kabuto.
- Making a Splash: He also knows several water-type moves. He is a trilobite (or a horsheshoe crab, whatever).
- Massively Numbered Siblings: One of several kabuto cloned from a fossil kabuto who died in the middle of egg-laying.
- Meaningful Name: Cheirurus, his superhero name, is drawn from a genus of trilobites. Out of universe, his name is drawn from yet another Spider-Man actor, Shinji Todo.
- Stable Time Loop: In-universe he received his name by adopting the superhero identity of his future son, a kabutops nicknamed Oscar, owned by the Arachna-Guy of an alternate future timeline.
- Trademark Favorite Food: As with Tobi and Drake. As an omnivorous scavenger, he is the only one who can eat pizza without any initial ill-effects.
Felicia the female Alolan MeowthA meowth adopted by Tommy one day when he was doing stakeouts in the docks of Castelia City. So far, she spends most of her time with his Aunt April.
- A Cat Named Cat: Sort of.
- Cats Are Mean: Lightly threatens/jokes about eating fish pokémon without hesitation.
- Cats Are Snarkers: The most aloof of Tommy's pets.
- Female Feline, Male Mutt: To Norville, the furfrou who acts as the Petersen-Sanchez family dog.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her personality, she's still very loyal and affectionate to the Petersen-Sanchez family.
- Psychic Powers: She is a Delta, and has both Dark and Psychic typing, which she uses to her advantage. She reads minds and blocks other's ability to do so.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female pokémon in Tommy's roster.
- Distaff Counterpart: A lot of them are of opposite genders to his OU team.
- Theme Naming: 11 of 12 members of the team are named after video game characters. The odd duck out is named for rather obvious reasons.
Aloysius the Emboar
- Playing with Fire: Part Fire type.
Buster the Gliscor
Mike the Lucario
- Blood Knight: Loves a good battle.
- Companion Cube: A Riolu doll named Jodie, or more accurately the deranged iPhokex within said Riolu doll.
- Foil: To Audrey. Possesses developed and well-rounded battle skills and is most powerful with physical combat due to his Dream World ability, but has effectively non-existent abilities with Aura outside of battle.
Pascal the Floatzel
Nathan the Druddigon
- Fanboy: To a certain shiny Mienfoo from Dragon Spiral Tower.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Thanks to knowing Earthquake.
Vesta the Ampharos
Kyle the Salamence
- Spear Counterpart: To Nadia.
- Playing with Fire: Uses a number of Fire type moves.
- Flight: Is a very good flier.
Kit the Marowak
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground type
Kammy the Blastoise
- Distaff Counterpart: To Iggy.
Leana the Honchkrow
- Distaff Counterpart: To Sonny.
- Mafia Princess: Is the daughter of the leader of one of Celadon's largest Murkrow murders.
Guy the Unfezant
- Leeroy Jenkins: His main strategy in battle, which actually causes his death in the OT when he picks a fight with a Liepard and loses.
- Spear Counterpart: To Courtney.
- Flight: Part Flying type.
Zoe the Sandslash
A Holonian native who discovered his own potential for all four of the Auric Spectrum, Vierr joined the J-Team as an excuse to get away from home as well as to hone his own abilities.
- Butt-Monkey: Due to his scruffy appearance and lack of mastery of his powers, he's the butt of many a joke in- and out-of universe, such as his "Terrible Wizard" nickname.
- Hidden Depths: Has a great interest in mythology and lore despite appearing Book Dumb at first glance.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Not exactly the most kind person at times, but he means well when it matters.
- Kissing Cousins: Defied, he had a bit of a crush on Alyssa but it faded upon finding out about their direct relation, though they're still pretty close.
- Master of None: Despite having abilities of all four Auric types, he is not very skilled with any of them and prior to meeting the J-Team could only make wisps. He's been working to make himself more of a Jack-of-All-Stats, however.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: As of the Hoenn-2 arc, he's finally caught the Stantler duo who have tormented him for years thanks to some accidental help from Soul Arrow.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Crewe, as they constantly snipe at one another but are close friends anyway.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Has Auric, Psychic, and both Ghost and Dark Obscuric abilities.