An old dwarf lady who kicks ass with a bow and has a cool dog named Mar.
- Never Mess with Granny: Despite her old age, Bazna can pack a huge punch.
- Pet the Dog: Bazna's faithful mastiff Mar gives her a softer edge.
- Cool Old Lady: Bazna is nearly a century and a half older than the rest of the party, but she can still keep up with them easily.
- Not Good with People: Definitely the grumpy type. Bazna has little patience for things she views as silly- especially Gil's antics.
- My Greatest Failure: Shooting Toren Pomedosa in the head 170 years ago, which accidentally sparked the War of the Lisanthius. It was a success in the greater picture, but Bazna has a lot of death on her hands because of it.
A weathered ex-sailor who was stranded on an island and was linked to the evil sea goddess Umberlee.
- The Aloner: After being stranded on an island for 25 years, Brizo can't help but have been this.
- Preacher Man: Brizo is a wandering cleric, and exudes an aura of calmness- That is, until he accidentally hits an ally with an attack and his god enjoys it.
- Talking to Plants: Brizo has a special companion in his coconut Benny.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Guiding bolt.
- Give Me a Sign: Brizo using augury to call upon Umberlee at the end of Now There Are Two Monsters. He has continued this trend, most recently in On the Shores of the Silvered Sea, cutting open a fish and reading its guts in the tradition of Umberlee.
A young bright-eyed and optimistic guy who's happy exterior hides dark powers beneath.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Gil's a nice guy, and definitely not evil...but as Brizo discovers, something tethered to him that gives him his magical ability certainly is.
- Captain Oblivious: Gil misses many hints- especially social cues.
- Parental Substitute: Gil had latched onto Brizo as his father figure in the group.
- Nice Guy: Pretty much the first thing you notice about him.
- Beauty Mark: He has a small one on his jaw.
- Evil Weapon: The weapon Gil can summon is a mass of writhing tentacles- that can't be good.
- Magical Accessory: Gil picked up the Dark Shard Amulet that grants him additional magic and relates to his patron in some way.
- Professional Sex Ed: The orc prostitute Gil hired in Vitore Harbor while drunk got his first time.
- Disappeared Dad: Gil reveals in A Once Great City that his father dropped him off to live with his uncle when he was 4.
- Big Eater: Gil is known for scarfing down his meals.
- Combat Tentacles: Most of Gil's magic involves tentacles, and his patron seems to be made of them.
A determined young dwelf from the country who wants to prove herself and become a hero.