Welcome to the character page for the webcomic, Walking in the Dark.
- Arch-Enemy: Ian Easton, the man who turned him in the first place.
- Bi the Way: Is bisexual, so doesn't mind men and woman.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Was kidnapped by vampires while helping his father do a routine checkup on a patient, turned, and starved until he killed his father out of hunger before the coucil managed to find the vampire's lair and save him.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: He never actively hunts for blood, keeping a flask of blood on him to curb his hunger and likewise seeks to keep mortals out of danger where he can.
- Nice Hat: A very nice fedora.
- Pointy Ears: A trait of a lot of vampires in this series. He can hide them if he wishes but chooses not to.
- The Worf Effect: Not exactly good in a fight.
- Asexuality: She is demisexual, and apparently has never been attracted to anyone.
- Cute Witch: Eventually finds out that she has magical powers and starts training them.
- Missing Mom: Her mother is long dead at the start of the series.
- Playing with Fire: Her main power that she first develops.
- Secret Legacy: She finds out later her mother was part of a witch society long ago and never told her. She...doesn't take the news well when she finds out.
- Skeptic No Longer: Didn't believe in the supernatural at the start and initially disliked Ben due to being a tabloid journalist which she was against. After the vampire attack at the university however she comes to accept the truth of the unknown, especially when she starts developing powers.
- A Day in the Spotlight: Issue 7, Issue 15 is centered around him as well as
- Do You Think I Can't Feel: Tells Greg this when he gets into an argument with him, telling Greg just because he isn't human doesn't mean he's not trying to understand others feelings.
- One-Winged Angel: He can change back to his tengu form at will, though he only uses it when against major threats.
- Language Barrier: A problem he had upon first arriving in the human realm, as he only knew Japanese at the time. Didn't help that he landed in an American city.
- Youkai: As stated, he's a tengu.
- A Day in the Spotlight: The first side story stars him.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Ben when he ends up thrown down some stairs and into an open window while it's still daylight. Pickles manages to case a shadow over Ben, giving him time to get out of the sunlight.
- Foreshadowing: The crystal he comes from is later revealed to have been used to trap demons and Ian is harvesting them for his plan.
- Team Pet: To Ben.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Ian killed his family before his very eyes and made him into an orphan. He hated vampires as a result and attacked them regardless if they were evil or not until he was caught and brought before the council. It was only due to Ben that he was spared from being killed and became an ally.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's gruff but he understandable and tries to a decent figure to both humans and monsters.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Kicks himself for acting rashly around Nai when he allows him to join a strange theft investigation and calling him a monster during an argument. Realizing that Nai is nothing like the ones he's fighting against.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a nasty gash on his left cheek.
- Secret Keeper: Knows largely about the supernatural of the city and covers them up from the public. Largely out of fear due to how humans would react to monsters and, at worst, could seek to use the powers for themsevles.
- Van Helsing Hate Crime: How he initially acted against vampires regardless if they were evil or not, the only thing he saw was monsters.
- Freak Out!: Has one upon seeing Stella wield fire. Coming off an attack on vampire, this revelation didn't help things.
- Heel Realization: After talking with Reece, she comes to realize her knee jerk reaction to Stella was wrong and goes to make amends with her.
- Secret Keeper: Eventually brought into the know about supernaturals after a talk with Reece and patching things up with Stella.
- The Resenter: Somewhat touched upon in the 10th chapter with Sumi even noticing she's slightly jealous of Stella's newfound power.
- Too Dumb to Live: She ends up spoiling Ben, Stella and Nai's stakeout against Ian's cronies by brazenly trying to arrest the latter. Even if they weren't vampires, going in without backup against people who clearly outnumber her was not a smart move.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Greg gets on her for this after she initially shuns Stella upon finding out she can wield powers and never telling her. Stating that her reaction is exactly the reason why Stella was reluctant to do so in the first place.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to his sister's Cain.
- Oh, Crap!: Upon realizing that his sister, who likewise murdered him, is involved in Ian's scheme.
- Royal Brat: His first interaction with Nai and Reece wasn't the best as he still wishes to be addressed as a Pharaoh despite clearly being a different timeline and not even in his correct country. Stella and Linda likewise have to put up with his attitude when they allow him to join on an investigation in a mine.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Sports these due to his mummy nature.
- The Royal We: Talk in this manner due to having died in ancient times when it was more commonplace.
- Mummy: Is one, having revived when his amulet was stolen.
- Whip It Good: Can uses his banages as whips and bindings. It does come with a drawback that his assailant could potentially rip the bandages off his body if they're strong enough. And since he needs them to keep himself together, welp....
- Jerkass: Specks, Punch isn't a saint either but at least she doesn't trying to do anything excessive, unlike her brother.
- Kick the Dog: Quite literally in their first appearance, where they kick around Pickles to shut him up.
- Siblings in Crime: Again they work for the mob.
- Those Two Guys: More or less show up whenever the Mob gets involved in the story.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Ben saves Punch from Fern, Specks responds by trying to shoot him much to Ben's annoyance. Punch is at least willing to show some gratitude for the save.
Ian EastonA main recurring threat of the comic. Ian is a vampire that seek to have vampires as the dominant race and is enacting a plan for it to happen.
- Bad Boss: Does not tolerate failure as he's punished Rhonda for her mess ups.
- Big Bad: At the current, the #1 threat with Ben and the vampire council trying to stop him.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: How he usually gets those he turns to join him if they aren't already evil to begin with. He tortures them till they're driven mad enough to work for him.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Ironiclly we find out in a flashback that Priscilla had turned him in the past. From the looks on his expression, it looks he wasn't evil from the get go.
- Puny Humans: Has this mindset and drills it into his followers as well that humans are nothing more than food for them.
- The Leader: Of his small gang of vampires.
- Skunk Stripe: Has a streak of white in his hair.
- The Sociopath: Has completely and utterly let his power go to his head, he kills without impunity and will stop at nothing for his plan to succeed.
- Arch-Enemy: A slight one to Stella since the raid on the college. She's had it out for her since being thwarted by her.
- Being Evil Sucks: There are hints that she really only doing her deeds out of fear of Ian and would likely be a harmless vampire if it wasn't for him.
- Boom, Headshot!: Got hit by a fireball thrown by Starla right in the face during the mine arc. It doesn't kill her but horribly scorches he face.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: She, along with Ben, were kidnapped, turned and tortured to be bloodthirsty vampires. Ben was rescued by the council but Rhonda was pulled away by Ben's gang.
- Fat Bitch: The chubbiest of Ian's gang.
- Ill Girl: She was as a human when Ian and his father came to her to treat her her. But unfortunately Ian and his gang likewise targeted her.
- Know When To Fold Them: During the mine arc, after being hit by a fireball, she prepare to continue the fight only for the spider monster to make an illusion of smaller monster to surround her. She falls for it and decides to flee.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair in her case.
- Bratty Half-Pint: In life, she was one. This is the reason she becomes fully corrupted when turned as she didn't have the discipline and maturity to restrain herself.
- Evil Mentor: Ian's minions usually always address her as Lady Priscilla, implying they look up to her.
- Greater-Scope Villain: She was one of the earlier vampires created by the vampire queen leader at the time (who severely came to regret it later). Despite the leader trying best to care for her, she couldn't control Priscilla's newfound evil nature. Pricilla soon broke off from the group, creating Ian in the process, which in turn led to a whole mess of problems later.
- Kids Are Cruel: Particularly why she's one of the more savage vampires in the series. Being turned so young just warped her already bratty mindset, only now with none of the morality. The one who turned her immediately regretted this when she saw how fast Priscilla took to killing her father.
- Really 700 Years Old: Was turned in medieval times Her backstory even implies she was the one that started Ian's gang in the first place, being the one that turned Ian.
- Royal Blood: A former princess in life.
- Undead Child: Turned at a very young age. She actually the oldest of the gang because of it.
- Fiery Redhead
- I Love You, Vampire Son: Turned Ben, has referred to him as "her Ben" before. He doesn't return the sentiment.
- Sadist: Sadistic streak a mile long.