open/close all folders
Characters within Ostrachai College
The Player/The MC
- Audience? What Audience?: When Professor Ennui mentions the Fourth Dimension, the player has this reaction.
- Character Customisation: The player can be customised according to the introduction scene.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The player can choose a name for the mc during the introduction scene.
- Human Pincushion: Anger a Venusian enough and you might become this!
- Killed to Uphold the Masquerade: If (as a reporter) the mc decides to reveal the university to Earth's broadcaster...
- Longest Pregnancy Ever: If your MC happens to be female.
- Redshirt Reporter: Can become this on one of the routes.
Kalliope the Koala
Akashic the Secretary (aka, Lady Wisdom)
- Akashic Records: Her namesake, and it acts more like a Magical Database.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Wisdom, of all things! More specifically, Lady Wisdom from The Bible (Book of Proverbs).
- Benevolent A.I.: She is made out of the final Professor's Biodata.
- Broken Smile: Because whatever happens to the Professor is reflected, whenever she has a broken smile, something's not right...
- Computer Voice: A monotone one.
- Can't Use Stairs: A side effect of her computerised nature.
- Clocks of Control: She is obsessed with steampunk clocks, as Akashic is a bit of a Control Freak.
- Impossible Genius: Her unique status as an Artificial Intelligence allows her to do impossible stuff in-story.
- Insufferable Genius: She does ocassionally have "Duh" moments, but she's rather good natured.
- Light/Darkness Juxtaposition: She shares this role with Misako. Akashic represents 'light'.
- Klatchian Coffee: The player can get Akashic a coffee that's so strong that it melts the metal spoon... She likes it.
- Screens Are Cameras: If you block the whole screen with a piece of cardboard, Akashic is rendered effectively blind...
- Soul-Crushing Desk Job: She doesn't like sitting at a desk, much less sitting in her office-like environment.
- The Singularity: She's implied to be created from this event.
Elohaine the Fire Draconibus
- Canon Immigrant: Was based on a rather casual roleplay session done by Olapen and Aeroseyr.
- Elemental Powers: Mastery over fire.
- Horny Devils: Is the descendant of Olapen and a female ice-dragon, but in this case Olapen's the father...
- Hybrid Power: Half dragon, half succubus.
- Weredragon: Can appear as an anthro-dragon or a humanoid succubus.
Milo the Newborn-Hybrid, aka Vampcubus
- Child of Forbidden Love: The offspring of a succubus and a vampire.
- Fearless Infant: Milo regularly boops Lexi's nose.
- Goo Goo Godlike: As a newborn hybrid, his moveset is simply too overwhelming for either of his parents to handle.
- Hybrid Power: He's what happens when you combine a succubus and a vampire's powers together. He has the strengths of both!
Olapen the succubus-mage
- All Witches Have Cats: Subverted, Olapen does have a purple bat though!
- Beware the Silly Ones: Olapen becomes extremely dangerous in the Dream Realm as Odaxitar
- Bite of Affection: If Olapen loves you as more than a friend, shi'll start biting. Which is a really good sign.
- Cute Little Fangs: As a succubus, shi's prone to this.
- Cute Approaches Camera: Does this when the MC tries to film everyone in the dorms using a video-camera.
- Ear Wings: In hir succubus form
- Electric Instant Gratification: Being a succubus with the element of electricity, shi does get happy around electronics (computers and tvs)
- Elemental Powers: Mastery over electricity.
- Even the Subtitler Is Stumped: Happens whenever Olapen glomps a person, which Misako has to translate to the audience.
- Friend to All Living Things: Olapen presumes hirself to be this incarnate.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Hir dad's an Incubus and hir own mum is terrified of hir.
- Group Hug: Hir newest catchphrase, "Group hug~!"
- Hide Your Otherness: Olapen tries to hide hir succubus nature from humans.
- Mood Ring Eyes: In this game, shi generally has rather colourful eyes.
- Miss Conception: Due to hir naive nature as a succubus.
- My Secret Pregnancy: Olapen laughs awkwardly whenever shi mentions any eggs, including omelettes.
- Overly Long Name: Paloma Olapen Kananari Jinitro.
- Shock and Awe: Since this succubus is just learning about electricity, this demonstrates the first time she causes a power outage in the dormitories!
- Stepford Smiler: Olapen smiles, but who knows if it's truly out of fear or despair?
- Sweet Tooth: Whenever there's a candy in the area, Olapen would scoop the delicacy up easily. "Yay, cookies!"
- Teasing from Behind the Language Barrier: For succubi, The Glomp is a way of showing Fantastic Arousal and is considered Better Than Sex!
- Token Rich Student: Because hir father gave hir all the luxuries.
- The Glomp: Does this so often, but deconstructed when it hurts others in the vinicity.
- Whale Egg: Lays several robin-blue eggs over the course of the game... which she then eats.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Is generally clueless about it. Until a certain vampire tells it as it is.
Trinenna Pyre the Necromancer
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She's notably silent.
- Necromancer: She helps out during Necromancy classes.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: She has a thick Romanian accent, but it sounds mangled beyond belief.
Tetris the Vampire
- Animal Species Accent: He hisses like a bat.
- Afraid of Blood: He's hemogoblin-phobic, ironically enough for a vampire.
- Daywalking Vampire: He's able to get sunburnt really easily, but can otherwise walk in the light of the sun.
- Dumb Muscle: He may talk lots, but he isn't very bright.
- Forgot About His Powers: Sometimes he forgets that he's a vampire and tries to eat human food.
- Funetik Aksent: He frequently mispronounces words.
- I Minored in Tropology: He claims to have minored in "Vampirology." (MC: "Tetris, that's not a real course...")
- Inhumanly Beautiful Race: Vampires as a species have this trait.
- Let's Have Another Baby: This is said to Olapen, and shi faints shortly afterwards.
- Really 700 Years Old: Or more like 3,000 years old as of this year — he's ancient, but doesn't look it or act like it.
- Simpleton Voice: He talks like a country bumpkin. But can be eloquent when he wants to.
Alica the Succubus
Cameron the Human
Lexi the Werewolf
- All Animals Are Domesticated: She grudgingly allows the player to take her for a walk in the local park.
- Hairy Girl: Lexi's human form.
- Humans Are Smelly: She has this view about humans, due to her wolflike nose.
- Noble Wolf: Lexi is one of the last lycans in her community, so she tries to respect humans as much as they respect her.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Pizza! She regularly chases the pizza truck on the campus grounds.
Myano the Catgirl
- Catgirl: Subverted in that Myano acts completely like a cat, but when she's lucid she acts like a human.
Samuel the Slime
- Anthrophomorphic: They are supposed to represent organs of the body, on a smaller scale.
Professors of the College
- Cool Hand: He has an actual lion's paw functioning as his right hand.
- Creepy Good: He will occasionally blackmail students in order for them to get a good grade.
- Good Counterpart: Of Cheney Therus, at least in this dimension!
- Great Big Library of Everything: He owns quite a collection of hidden tomes.
- Knowledge Broker: He knows pretty much everything that goes on within the college.
- Meaningful Name: The name Leonidas means "Lion-like".
- Panthera Awesome: He is obsessed with lions and is quite knowledgable in them.
- Smug Snake: Won't stop boasting about his own accomplishments
- Animal Motifs: Scorpions.
Professor of Tea Ceremonies
- Animal Motifs: Tigeresses.
- The Chessmaster: She's always two steps ahead of everyone else.
- Dual Wielding: She wields her two swords, one blue and one red, at the same time.
- Fertile Blood: Her blood can make plants grow from out of nowhere.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: She can even observe the players playing the game and gives sarcastic remarks...
- In Your Nature to Destroy Yourselves: She has this cynical worldview about humanity.
- List of Transgressions: Before the final battle, the Professor gives a huge list of everything bad the mc did.
- Meaningful Name: Her actual name is Ennui, "Boredom", which is why she's always creating weird things.
- Mad God: A deposed nature goddess who is mainly a Control Freak.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: She has a replica of her original lab somewhere within the university campus.
- Multiversal Conqueror: This deity's ultimate goal, which luckily goes unfulfilled.
- Nature Is Not Nice: She spells this out to the mc constantly.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her whole outfit, which Misako is very embarrassed about.
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes: The Final Professor is able to use this ability whenever occupying any of the Venusians, even Misako's... This is also how she is able to pronounce judgement on the player's actions, by witnessing their actions through this ability...
- Synchronization: Since she is the "core-self". whatever happens to the Venusians is mirrored.
- Talking to Plants: She's always doing this.
- Wham Line: Professor Ennui gazes at Misako, "At last, one who takes after my own heart,"
Cult of Xanadu
- Animal Motifs: Cockatrices.
- Meaningful Name: They hope that, by destroying the human world due to their mistress's commands, they may start a paradise of their own. Luckily the Professor of Tea Ceremonies soon puts an end to their plans.
Sargent Strath the Martian
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Kotone embodies the darkest choices.
- Featureless Plane of Disembodied Dialogue: Kotone awakens in this plane.
- Kill the God: Kotone's main goal. Also wants to kill Misako.
- The Voice: Kotone can speak to the mc directly through their thoughts.
The Monster King
- Father Of A Thousand Young: All monstrous beings from the third dimension (aka Earth) originate from time that the Monster King got married.
- Klingon Promotion: Whatever defeats the Monster King becomes the new Monster King or Queen themselves.
- Abstract Eater: They eat dreams and souls.
- Benevolent Alien Invasion: They are actually aliens and lived on the planet called Gliese 581.
- Ear Wings: Their ears resemble bat wings, specifically.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Most succubi have dark magic, but all they actually want to do is have a good time and party.
- Greek Chorus: They often comment on things in-story to the audience.
- Heart Drive: Their soul-gems act like this.
- Human Pet: How the succubi tend to see humans in general.
- Lie to the Beholder: They often appear as the same type of species that the beholder is, as a type of Glamour.
- Life of the Party: The succubi love to party hard!
- Genki Girl: They're quite excitable, and all female.
- National Geographic Nudity: They are fairly humble about this.
- Overly Long Tongue: A species trait.
- Soul Eating: They can consume souls by using their Vacuum Mouths.
Tropes common to all Archangels
Tropes common to all Venusians
- Alien Plants: They use their plant-bodies to operate humanoid mannequins.
- Butterfly of Death and Rebirth: Butterflies are said to be messengers of the alien gods while on Venus.
- Color Motif: Their petal colours: Misako's petals are bright red, Landon's are light blue and Cynthia's are bright yellow.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: They tend to project thousands of poisonous quills at their opponents whenever startled.
- Death World: Venus is so hot that only Venusians can live with the constant heat.
- Emotion Eater: Some Venusians can absorb primary emotions better than others. This comes at the expense of others.
- Flower Motifs: Each Venusian is based off a specific flower or plant.
- Food Eats You: Threaten to eat them and this will surely happen.
- Guardian Entity: They're often said to be this, which is why, unlike the Martians, most of them are peaceful with humankind and other species.
- Heat Wave: They're well adapted for dealing with these phenomenons.
- Human Pet: How the Venusians tend to see other humans.
- Sensory Tentacles: Their vine-like "antennae", which are often hidden when not in their actual forms.
- Spike Shooter: Their main defensive tactic consists of shooting out thousands of poisonous spikes.
- Dirty Coward: She tends to run away from a fight most of the time.
- Emotion Eater: She tends to leech away positive emotions, Olapen being the most affected of all.
- Endless Daytime: One of the first thing Cynthia does when she arrives is to make it constant daytime until she is defeated.
- Fill It with Flowers: Cynthia wants to fill the Earth with Venusian flowers, so they'll all live in harmony...
- Hypnotic Eyes: Her main feature, as her pinkish-red eyes testify.
- Meaningful Name: The defintion of thrall is the state of being in someone's power, or of having great power over someone.
- The Hypnotoad: If her voice doesn't work, she'll resort to this.
- Lazy Bum: He's so lazy that he spends most of his time in plant-form or sleeping in a cardboard box...
Misako Irwa, the ronin or Jihibukai "Merciful"
- Alternate Identity Amnesia: She doesn't recall whatever she does as Jihibukai.
- Blood Knight: She was this incarnate before she became a police-officer.
- Blood Lust: It's strongly implied that she drinks huma -blood in her plant form.
- Blood Is the New Black: She quite regularly covered in blood, and drinks most of it up.
- Combat Sadomasochist: She revels in slaying others for more blood until her HeelFace Turn near the finale of the entire game.
- Dream Walker: She has her dream-walking abilities.
- Emotion Suppression: Misako can still feel mild emotions of happiness, sadness etc; she just suppresses them.
- Empty Shell: Prior to her development in Officer Misako fanfic, Misako was much more of a Blank Slate. Made more deliberate here.
- Establishing Character Moment: She chomps the player's hands playfully, but evilly.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: At first.
- Faux Affably Evil: She does have devious thoughts more often here!
- Game Face: When longing for blood, her pupils glow golden and her mannequin's tongue and fangs are even longer than Tetris's...
- Genki Girl: Lapses sporadically into this mode on occasion.
- Hates Being Touched: Misako's main dislike.
- High on Homicide: A main reason why she likes slaying monsters.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: She has blue eyes, and has yet to learn of the world's logic.
- Japanese Ranguage: When she learns Japanese, she speaks like this temporarily.
- Karmic Trickster: She starts off as this before learning of right and wrong.
- Keet: Since this is set before the events of most story arcs, Misako is noticeably more happier here and younger.
- Kendo Team Captain: She's this when not slaying monsters.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She cuts her hair at the end of the game, signifying her more serious nature.
- Letting Her Hair Down: As Jihibukai, she wears Oriental styled clothing called a Shenyi.
- Light/Darkness Juxtaposition: Shares this role with Akashic. Represents 'darkness' in this case.
- My Instincts Are Showing: In a funny scene, just before she climbs into her mannequin, Misako's plant-form chomps the player's hand!
- Nerds Love Tough Schoolwork: While everyone else groans, Misako is the only one excited about more homework.
- Restored My Faith in Humanity: What Misako learns here is humans are good-natured at best. After this, she swears off human blood.
- Rousseau Was Right: The player needs to demonstrate to Misako the concept of justice and kindness.
- Starfish Language: She can only communicate in melodic screeches while in her Venusian form.
- Wicked Heart Symbol: Her main motif, which is deliberate...