One of the founders of VoxMakers. Thomas Cyrix, also known as Papy Cyrix, is basically the "boss" of the VoxMakers crew. Many of his videos center around everyday topics, or aim to warn the public about things like the bad treatment of animals in pet shops or internment camps for teenagers. He also hosts a series named Cyrix Challenge, in which he does a Let's Play of a game under certain conditions (for example, playing Super Mario Bros. without ever going left).
- Blessed with Suck: He "borrowed" a device that can give life to any object. Though it sounds good on paper, it often backfires : for example, when he gave life to Oscar, his plush dog, he started to squat his apartment and play videogames all day long.
- Cool Shades
- Gratuitous German: As Hans Lallemant, he speaks with a german accent, and occasionally uses some German words in his sentences.
- Large Ham : As Hans Lallemant, he does speak in quite a loud manner.Ach, you have ten minutes to give me mein phone back before I come and put your city of Strudel on fire !
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's spelled "Cyrix", not "Ciryx", nor "Cyryx", nor "Cirix". Get it right.
- When I Was Your Age...: Though not that old, he does love to complain about how things where better "back in the days". And is often proven wrong.
The other founder of VoxMakers. The Ermite Moderne ("Modern Hermit") is a bearded guy who never goes outside, never takes out his robe, and spends most of his time playing video games, watching anime or surfing the Internet. His videos are usually about his opinions on strange video games or Japanese animation, among other topics.
- Badass Beard
- Conspicuous Robe
- Extreme Omnisexual: Women, men, children, hermaphrodites, anthropomorphs, animals, aliens, Pokémon, and the list goes on. Frankly, it's probably only a matter of time before he starts talking about the wonders of having a relationship with a laptop. Oh Wait!...
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: One of the reasons why he became an hermit is that he considers himself more intelligent than most other people.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Well, lovable to a certain point.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: He suddenly had the power to shoot lasers from is eyes for a moment. No reason really, he just did.
- Sadist: He got way too much enjoyment out of watching his fellow VoxMakers suffering through Spelunker.
Main VoxMakers members
Mickael J is a Corscican VoxMaker, whose video are mostly movie or TV series reviews, though he also occasionally makes game reviews as well. He also has two webseries going, David and Alert Spoiler, the latter being a mix between a webseries and a review show, kinda like Atop the Fourth Wall.
100Pseudo is a VoxMaker specialized in cinema, who started making videos after having been inspired by people like the Joueur du Grenier or the Nostalgia Critic. Most his videos are part of a movie review show called Moment Critique (Critical Moment). He and Mickael J are the primary cinema reviewers of the site.
- Friendly Rivalry: From time to time, with Mickael J.
- Well, mostly friendly. MJ did blow 100Pseudo up once for not having seen Spiderman 3.
- Punny Name: In French, the word "cent" ("hundred") is pronounced like the word "sans" ("without"). Thus, the name "100Pseudo" can be read as "sans pseudo" ("Without a username").
Shindehai is the primary musician of the team, and has composed most of the music that other VoxMakers use in their videos. For a long time, he made very few videos, until he started a series of videos named Tai Reflections, in which he takes up musical challenges submitted by viewers, such as making a metal song using only a flute and a triangle, or making a song that draws something with MIDI programming. He also worked on the Epic Pixel Battle series with 123Lunatic, and, since the latter's departure from the group, started a new, similar series named Extreme Pixel Battle.
- Ambiguous Gender: People just won't stop asking whether he's a boy or a girl.
- Crossdresser: With this◊ profile picture, it's no wonder people are confused about his gender.
- Facepalm: Does this a lot in his SNCFnote song.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He has been asked to play harp with them on one occasion, but apparently they only make electric guitar noises.Comment n°1: "I think he'd look better with short hair."Shindehai: "...No."Comment n°2: "Do a song while cutting your hair."Shindehai: "What, is this a conspiracy, or something?"
Sasha is a member of Shindehai's band Starrysky, as the lead singer. After participating in several videos, notably in Tai Reflections as a singer and in Epic Pixel Battle as the voice of most female characters, she ended up becoming a full-fledged member of the team. Although she does not have any video series of her own, she makes a lot of appearances in other VoxMakers videos.
- Ascended Extra: As a member of Starrysky, she appeared in several VoxMakers videos long before becoming a member herself.
- Chronic Pet Killer: In the video about pet shops, her pet dying was a in fact a Running Gag.
- To be fair though, most if not all of these deaths were due more to the pet shop's carelessness than her own negligence.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Although she has also been seen with black, ginger, and red hair.
Oscar le Chien ("Oscar the Dog") is a big plush dog belongig to Thomas Cyrix. Cyrix gave it life using a device that could give life to innanimate objects, and since then, Oscar has been squatting his apprtment and his console. He's a Jerk with extremely controversial opinions, meant to parody videomakers who dismiss old games, don't do their research, and tend to insult people who have different opinions from them.
- Animate Inanimate Object
- Jerkass: He insults people who have different opinions from him. And people who are popular. And basically every single person he meets.Oscar: "Cyrix, a bum managed to break into the living room! I'm scared!"Mad Dog: "Cyrix, your roommate is being a jerk!"
- A Day in the Limelight: For one video, he took over the entire website. Big surprise, he was being a Jerk to everyone, and wanted to fire half the team.
- Strawman Fallacy: Whenever he is present in a video, it's usually to fulfill this role.
Neku is a Belgian Voxmaker specialized in music. He reviews videos about music in a series called Les Aventures Musicales ("The Musical Adventures"), in a similar fashion to shows like =3 or Salut Les Geeks. He does not review videos in every episode though, he also shares anecdotes about being a musician, in a Vlog-like manner, does interviews, and takes up challenges like Shindehai.
- Catchphrase: "Salut les zikos !"
- I Am the Band: Since he plays every character, whenever a band is involved, he also plays every member of it.
- Multiple Personalities: Ambiguous. The off-screen voice pretends that Neku has MPD, and claims it cannot see his clones, but it is implied that it might actually be lying.
Main VoxMakers members who left the team
123Lunatic, also known as "Passage004", is a former VoxMaker specialized in Let's Plays and Youtube Poops. He tries to use his Poop experience to make his Let's Plays more entertaining, with a dynamic editing, stupid voices for the characters, and memetic jokes. He also started a series inspired by Epic Rap Battles of History, named Epic Pixel Battle. He left the team in November 2016, and moved both Paper Mario MDR' and Epic Pixel Battle'' to his own channel.
- Gentle Giant : He is really nice, and is 2 meters tall.
- Man of a Thousand Voices : He dubs every character in his Let's Plays, along with most characters in Epic Pixel Battle.
- Voice of the Legion: When voicing a Black Chest Demon in his Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Let's Play.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: His user picture does at least.
Mad Dog is a former VoxMaker who makes videos where he discusses "everyday things", like being stuck in a time loop, having a date with Death, having an evil twin, or becoming invisible because of Facebook. He also makes other videos, like his series La Chronique Facile ("The Easy Column") where he retraces the history of memes. He was unfortunately asked to leave the team in November 2016 due to contentions within the team.
- The Alcoholic
- Blessed with Suck: He is able to become invisible. To be more precise, his Facebook updates become invisible whenever he posts a new video on it.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu?: He used to date Death. Then they broke up, and their appointments became much more tense. He managed to become immortal by mixing wine and pastis though, so he doesn't have to see her as often now.. It Makes Sense in Context. Sort of.
- Evil Twin: To Noru-Da, apparently.
- Mad Scientist: He did an internship as one.
- Troll: Especially at the Japan Expo 2013 convention.Mad Dog: Guys, it's the guy from Stargate SG-1!Cosplayer: No, no, it's Star Trek.Mad Dog: What's the difference?
Kanipan is actually an authentic Japanese singer. She gained attention from Shindehai and his fans after covering his OnePunchMan song, and after doing a few musical collaborations with him, she eventually became a full-time member. Her videos for VoxMakers were part of a series called Japokani Gakushucho ("Japan's Notebook") in which she talked about Japanese culture in Japanese, with French and English subtitles.
- Ascended Fangirl: Her history with VoxMaker started when she made covers of songs by Shindehai. Then she made a few collaborations with him, and eventually became a member of the team.
- Bilingual Bonus: "Kanipan" means "bread of the form of the crab" in Japanese, and is the name of a crab shaped pastry from Japan.
- Cunning Linguist: Kanipan's videos are spoken in Japanese, with both English and French subtitles. She has also sung covers in Thai and Finnish.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: She usually wears a pink wig when making live appearences.
Sire Godefroy is a member of VoxMakers who made videos about Literature and Video Games. Some of his videos were only about one of these topics, and some were about both. He also really enjoyed writing, and often used old-fashioned, formal expressions.
- Catchphrase: "Damoiselles, Damoiseaux."note
- Nerves of Steel: He never seems to get angry in his videos, even when something infuriates him.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Well, sometimes anyway.
- Ye Olde Butcherede French: He sometimes uses antiquated expressions and words in his sentences, or even makes full sentences in a very old-fashionned and pompous manner. It's turned Up to Eleven whenever writes a story, or even in the description he wrote of himself on the VoxMaker website.
JStylesMan is a former member of the Voxmakers team, who left to focus on his own Youtube channel. His series Top Insolite ("Bizarre Top") was a monthly Top 5 of recent strange news, such as the wedding of a woman an a ferris wheel, and the release of a watch who told you the time left before you death.
Misterfox is a former member of Voxmakers, who still makes a few videos for the team as an honorary member. He started with the series À chaud (a French expression meaning "Right after"), in which he and his friend Guillaume discussed their thoughts on a movie right after seeing it. He made other series aftewards, like a few Top Ten Lists, a mini-series talking about the many problems he had with insurance companies, and a series named Flash Ciné, in which he gives his opinion on several movies, only spending a few seconds on each one.
- Hypocrite: After spending four videos complaining about the many problems he had with insurance companies, the Stinger reveals that he found a job at an insurance company.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: And then he cut them after an event involving a Michael Youn DVD during which he ended up in limbo and met his dark side and his clear side. Tears were shed.
Last Geek Hero is a former VoxMakers member. One of the series he made for the site was the Top 25 Action Movies, with each video corresponding to one entry in the list.
- Secret Identity: According to the main website:Computer graphics designer during the day, he'll put on his costume to protect widows and orphans... Except he doesn't, he'll share with you his passions through a series of videos about the greatest and most badass heroic figures in the history of pop culture! Which is already quite a mission!
Ishigata is a former VoxMaker member, who is never seen without his trademark mask. One of his main series is Le Zapping Abrégé ("The Abridged Zapping") in which he mocks series like Naruto and Code Geass in an Abridged Series-like fashion. He has also made a video about bizarre news, in the Orphaned Series Darwin News.
- A God I Am: Claimed to be a god because he managed to pause on a Game Over screen.
- Cool Shades
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: He is never seen without his mask.
- Large Ham: He often talks in a very eloquant manner.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Quite a given, seeing how he dubs an Abridged Series.
- Vocal Dissonance: It's kind of weird to hear such a normal sounding voice coming from this mask.
Team Erwan & Maël is a team made up of ChefTyrell and MacFly, former members of VoxMakers. The team was behind an animation series named Erwan & Mael, which was about two incredibly stupid men and there epic quest to get back home... said home being 50m away. Unfortunately, the series stopped after its second episode. ChefTyrell also had another series going on, Mr.Bobine, in which a talking reel with a high-pitched voice shared anecdotes and trivia about cult classic movies such as Jurassic Park or the Film/Matrix trilogy.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Mr.Bobine. appears as a talking reel with hands.
- Bubble Pipe: Mr.Bobine has one.
- Freak Lab Accident: Mr.Bobine came to life due to a reel getting inside a teleporter, resulting into a fusion between it and the man who was already inside. He didn't seem to bother, though.
- Floating Limbs: Mr.Bobine.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: His real voice is never heard.
Nunya is a former member of VoxMakers, whose videos were a Vlog Series about various subjects. Only one of his videos is present on the official VoxMakers Youtube channel, all of the other are exclusive to the Dailymotion channel.
- Nice Hat
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He only made a few videos for VoxMakers, and then was never seen again. There's not even a single mention of him on the "honorary" section of the main website.
- His website has also been unactive since 2012, so who knows if he's even on the Internet anymore.
Other VoxMakers members
Roxane was a graphic designer for the VoxMakers website. Initially recruited as an assistant graphic designer, she ended up taking Garance's position when the latter announced her departure from the site. Like her predecessor, she provides various drawings for videos. Her most notable work can be seen on Alert Spoiler, as she provided the animated intro shown on episodes about anime, and appeared as a guest on the fifth special episode.
Darts, previously known as Noru-Da, is a former VoxMaker whose videos mostly centered on Nintendo games such as Pokémon and Super Smash Bros.. His two most notorious series are Pokémon : Le Débile Challenge (Pokémon: The Dumbass Challenge), which was basically a Nuzlocke Challenge with DOZENS of additional rules, and Rémi le Radis (Rémi the Radish), a nonsensical series where every character is an Animate Inanimate Object. He left the team in November 2015, as he decided to quit videomaking to pursue other projects ; however, he came back a year later, not as a videomaker, but to offer assistance on writing and side-projects.
- Big Ol' Unibrow
- Butt-Monkey: Often fulfills that role.
- Shipping: Noru-Da makes a point of spreading the "Palucina" ship, which consists of Palutena and Lucina.
- Why Did It Have To Be Zubats?:After spending too much time in Mt. Moon in Pokémon, he started to develop a phobia of Zubats, to the point where he started to see them everywhere.
- It's revealed in the last episode that Zubat is actually one of his favourite Pokémon, and that the Zubats he saw were actually haunting memories of the one he let die for the sake of a joke.
Garance is the former graphic designer for the VoxMakers website. She participated in designing the website, gave the global artistic direction, and provided drawings for various videos. She also made a lot of comic strips that were posted on the site, making her the original VoxPlumes member. She eventually left the team, in order to pursue other career plans.
MadStalker is a former "side-member" of VoxMakers, who specializes in drawing and voice acting. Her fist collaboration with the VoxMakers was an appearance on a livestream on Undertale by Cyrix, where she, alongside Sainte Séïa, provided voiceover for the characters' dialogues. Since then, she has participated in several other videos, most often as a voice actor. She was unfortunately later asked to leave the team, along with Séïa.
- Ascended Fangirl: She was a huge fangirl of VoxMakers well before joining them. She mentioned them on occasion in some of her own videos, showed up in the chat during livestreams, and even performed a cover of an Epic Pixel Battle with Sainte Séïa.
- Height Angst: She is a pretty short girl, a fact that is sometimes brought up in order to tease her. This fanart◊ pretty much illustrates it.
Sainte Séïa is a former "side-member" of VoxMakers, specializing in drawing and voice acting. Her fist collaboration with VoxMakers was during a livestream on Undertale by Cyrix, where she, alongside MadStalker, provided voiceover for the characters' dialogues. She has then participated in several other videos, most often as a voice actor, and also participated to the site's graphic design. She was unfortunately later asked to leave the team, along with Mad.
- Ascended Fangirl: Just like MadStalker, she showed up in the chat of VoxMakers livestreams and performed an Epic Pixel Battle cover with MadStalker before they both joined the team.