open/close all folders
The Voodoo King
Basically the final boss of the series, the Voodoo King is one of the Voodoo children who possesses not one, not two, but three!!!
stigmas (yes, he has three eyes). He controls one of the major factions on the Belt Line and is unquestionably one of the most powerful, if not the
most powerful, characters in the series.
An assassination clan that served Kazuki's clan until they decided to wipe out the entire branch. They use the Black Thread for their techniques.
Tropes Associated With The Fake Ura-Fuuchoiin
Tropes Associated With The Real Ura-Fuuchouin
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking
- Blessed with Suck: He was born with the stigma, something that many warriors in the series such as his brother Kazuki only obtains after risking their lives fighting in the Beltline. However, the Fuuchouin head house saw it as an ill omen: in the history of the clan, a genius of the Kokuchouin was also born with the stigma; at 10 this person (accidentially ?) slaughtered the 18-year-old Fuuchouin heir in a sparring match and died insane in prison. It led to his adoption by the Ura-Fuuchouin and caused him to become the Enfant Terrible who led the rebellion against the main house.
- Child Prodigy: He is said to be an unparalleled genius of the Fuuchouin arts, having mastered the Razor Floss technique at the age of 3. The flashback shows that he already possessed full awareness in his mother's womb, and could speak within moments of being born.
- Creepy Child: The aforementioned traits of Child Prodigy became a lot less auspicious once everyone at the Fuuchouin head house saw that the baby Yohan was born with a stigma, leading to his Blessed with Suck circumstances.
- Death Seeker: Whenever Kazuki asks what he wants, he mostly responses with 'ruin' and 'destruction'. Since it's implied he deeply regrets and is embittered at causing his mother's death and having to kill his father, when all he asked that they loved him in return. Kazuki not believing his words, instead trying to forgive Yohan and give up his revenge, ends up saving him.
- Dissonant Serenity
- The Dreaded
- Evil Genius
- Exotic Eye Designs: The same one that Ban's dad, Pau, Kazukil and Teshimine have. When Kazuki uses the 'Phoenix' technique to allow Yohan to communicate with the spirits of the dead Fuuchouins and learns from his mother and father that he's forgiven, the curse is broken and his stigma disappears.
- Freudian Excuse: His father tried to kill him as soon as he was born because he had the stigma. His mother, while loving him, could only manage to convince his father to let the Kokuchouin adopt him. When they met again in the extinction of the Fuuchouin house, his father tried to kill him again, choosing death rather than loving his son. His mother took the attack for him and died, and Yohan killed his father in his grief. It really messes Yohan up.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: At heart he wants to be loved by his parents. When this wish was denied and his parents died as a results of his actions, he turned into a Death Seeker.
- Improbable Weapon User: Turns out his Character Tic of folding paper crane serves a purpose. His ultimate technique, Dance of A Thousand Black Cranes, gathers every paper crane he's folded over the years into a giant bird, which attacks with deadly force.
- Invincible Villain: He is so incredibly powerful that Paul Wan and several other characters suspect he must be on par with the Voodoo King, as the King has not been able to kill him and instead has to make an ally of Yohan. And indeed, he wipes the floor with Juubei (who single-handedly defeats the black string-empowered 13 Strings, said to be the best fighters of the Fuuchouin in life) and Kazuki, with the stigma, can barely scratch him. He even counters Kazuki's ultimate technique, which he has never seen before, by a complete reverse version of that technique right ater he's attacked by it. Kazuki only manages to take him down with a secret technique he learnt from his mother, which allows Yohan to speak to the spirits of their dead parents and breaks his will to continue the fight.
- Long-Lost Relative: He is Kazuki's younger brother, who was declared stillborn at birth by his father and given to the Kokuchouin for adoption, due to being born with a stigmata.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Redemption Equals Life: When he learns he's truly forgiven by Kazuki and his parents, Yohan apologizes to the spirits of the dead Fuuchouins and breaks the stigma curse. At the end of the series, he becomes the new head of the revived Fuuchouin-Kokuchouin clan with Kazuki's blessings, no longer seeking destruction.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Though not initiated by his actions, but his father. Due to the Fuuchouin's superstition about the stigma, his father tried to kill him as a baby, then gave him to the Kokuchouin to avoid Yohan going up against Kazuki in the future. This only fostered Yohan's bitterness against the main family and caused him to lead the Kokuchouin in rebellion... which eventually ends up in the two brothers fighting to the death in the Beltline. Though it eventually turns out for the best, since at the end, his actions cause Kazuki to realize the sins of the Fuuchouin against the Ura-Fuuchouin, save Maiya and Yuuri from the curse, seek reconciliation with his brother and unify the two clans.
- Self-Made Orphan: Appears to be this way to Kazuki, especially considering as he led the Fuuchouin civil war that killed his and Kazuki's parents, but reality turned out to be a bit different. His father tried to kill him, but his mother took the attack for him and die. Yohan then killed his father in retaliation.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The Stoic and a Cultured Badass compared to his brutish brother Yuuri and Genki Girl sister Maiya. Compared to his older brother Kazuki who attracts loyalty from others due to his charisma and kindness (when not being in 'Prince of Terror' mode), he mostly inspires fear in his subordinates.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has similar character design to Kazuki, especially after Kazuki's haircut. It foreshadows the fact thay they are related by blood.
- The Stoic
- Third-Person Person: Often speaks this way.
- Tranquil Fury: After Maiya and Yuuri are defeated by the GB, he does not punish them, just waxes poetic about how beautiful the moon that night is and gives Maiya a kiss (while planting the black cocoon inside her). Maiya and Yuuri are left trembling in terror because they know Yohan is now pissed.
- Wicked Cultured: He is the Voodoo King's chess partner, likes to fold paper crane, and composes poetry in the middle of his battle with Kazuki.
- You Are in Command Now: After the brothers reconciles Kazuki departs from Mugenjou and leaves Yohan in command of the unified Fuuchouin-Kokuchouin clan, which now inhabits the Beltline.