open/close all folders
- Adaptational Wimp: In the animated series, he went from a legitimate threat to Team Rocket levels of threatening. Averted in Trouble in Paradise where he's a Knight of Cerebus.
- Big Bad: He is the one who leads the ruffians and is responsible for turning Stardos into Dastardos. In the TV show, he is also the one who created the sour piñatas.
- Catchphrase: "Victory is/will be mine!"
- The Ditz: In Trouble in Paradise, you can build a wall along the edge of the garden where he normally enters to keep him out. He never thinks to simply go around the wall.
- Evil Is Hammy: Especially so in the TV show where he frequently acknowledges himself as a villain in several episodes. He definitely has moments in the games too, but not as frequent.
- Fun-Hating Villain: He tends to care only for his own happiness and tries to make piñatas unenjoyable for parties so that he can have all their candy to himself.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He created the sours and Dastardos and only gets involved with the player when their garden is valuable enough to raid.
- Knight of Cerebus: In the first game, he's treated as a dangerous threat having turned Stardos into a piñata-smashing maniac and creating the sour Piñatas, and he's also a sign that your garden is valuable.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: A lot of the disguises he wears in the cartoon are simply a change of hat and sometimes a pair of glasses. Subverted in one episode where he attempts to disguise himself as a baby, which all the piñatas see through. The only reason they put up with him in that instant is because he gets amnesia in that episode.
- Surrounded by Idiots: He clearly can't stand how dumb his ruffian henchmen are, and he can't get the sours to listen to him.
- Weaksauce Weakness: In the first game, he's terrified of the Captain's Cutlass, but he grows out this fear in Trouble in Paradise and now fears a Limocerous headbutt.
- The Corruptible: He used to be a master gardener named Stardos until Professor Pester tricked him into consuming a sour candy which resulted in him falling down a dark path.
- The Grim Reaper: He invades your garden whenever a pinñata gets sick. Upon reaching it, he breaks it open.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Jardiniero expresses that Stardos was a good boy who loved piñatas as much as the rest of his family before Professor Pester warped his mind.