open/close all folders
A group of thirteen great machinimators (Plus a fourteenth, dearly departed one whom they consider one of their own...). They exists to bring about the best entertainment possible for their viewers.
This group is quite varied, but this folder is dedicated to listing tropes either all of them share or a majority of them share:
- Badass Crew: Of course, this has to be a given. They are all equally badass in their own ways, whether they look so or not. Mega of course is an obvious example. AG as well is badass as hell, being able to scare the most bravest people of them all. Even small people like Iblis and Pikamaxi are capable of a wide range of skill and power.
- Friendly Enemy: They may have a rival group named Digital Shadows, but in reality they get along really well and even comment on each other's videos. They even Skype for goodness sake!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: They really love to argue and fight a lot, messing around and acting as crazy as ever, but in reality they are best friends, supporting each other and contributing as hard as they can.
The founder and leader of Virtual Smash. He is usually portrayed by a Ness recolor but for combat scenes he's featured in, he'll change into a Lucas recolor with the same palette. He looks to act like a leader towards his fellow crew, but he tends to act similar like them once you see through him.
Tropes describing Mega:
- An Ice Person: A result of his ability to discharge particles.
- Badass: Of course, this is a given.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- Kamehame Hadoken: The one and only ultimate attack: the Mega Blast.
- Only Sane Man: He can appear as this alongside AG and Tigura, though he can be as crazy as well.
- The Leader: Type II.
- Person of Mass Destruction
- Playing with Fire/ Shock and Awe/ Light 'em Up: What ever you can describe his ability to charge particles as, it'll probably be a combination of these tropes.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Mega appears to be Type 2.
- Super Mode: One could describe his "Lucas" form as this.
Yashanyu 1 is a machinimator who helped Mega to make up the Virtual Smash group alongside Electroblade. Yasha is described as a red and blue Toon Link, small like Mega and Electro and similar to Jacob and Cappy who both uses Toon Links.
Tropes describing Yashanyu 1:
- The Lancer: Given his status and sweet, silly personality, Yasha is certainly this to Mega's more mature and ill-tempered personality.
Iblis Star Evan
That One Lefty
A member of Virtual Smash, not only is Shadowlink known for his machinima Brawl Heroes, but he is well-known for singing covers of various anime songs, as well as composing his own songs. He is portrayed similar to Shadow, which gives off his name, Shadowlink.
Tropes describing Shadowlink 4321:
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Part of Shadowlink's many abilities is to conduct sound, but he usually uses this ability to produce music, often acting as entertainment towards his friends and as a hobby of his.
- Space Master: Shadowlink's ability is to control and manipulate the many elements of space, being able to move from place to place in a flash and summon waves of energy around him.
A Swedish machinimator from Virtual Smash, Pikamaxi is portrayed as a Jigglypuff with a sleeping cap. He made two machinima series from Super Smash Bros. Brawl that are centered around Jigglupuff and another dedicated to his fellow members of Virtual Smash.
Tropes describing Pikamaxi:
- Bilingual Bonus: Pikamaxi can speak English, though not as fluent, but he is a native Swedish speaker.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Pikamaxi may seem weak (as shown in his video he claims that he can be tossed about as trash), but once he perfects the time he'll be able to make you fall asleep and end up in his nightmare. What or how the dream can end depends on Pikamaxi, so you better have your guard up...
- Super Mode: Pikamaxi is capable of turning into a certain nightmare Pokemon...
Sight 360 X
Captain D 64
A well-known machinimator for his series Smash King, Tigura is portrayed as his favorite staple character of his series, Bowser. He is the oldest member of Virtual Smash, and he has a sense of maturity around him (at least, so we think). Tigura's avatar is a recolor of Bowser, being the color of silver which leads to his name, The Mercuric Giant.
Tropes describing Tigura 21:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Tigura may be a mature and honest guy, but once provoked by any one of his friends, he can get a real hot-temper. If you're lucky, you will only be a victim to a Giga Tigura's death stare.
- Death Glare: He is capable of expressing one when you provoked him enough.
- Emotional Powers: Tigura, as said in a video of his, will be able to conduct electricity or turn into Giga Tigura when provoked.
- Only Sane Man: Tigura can appear as this alongside Mega and AG.
- The Big Guy: Given his sanity and his age, he certainly fits this role.
- Shock and Awe: Tigura's ability is to conduct electricity once pestered or annoyed, thanks to his silver skin. But if you annoy him even further, then...
- Super Mode: Tigura is a rather lenient guy, but when you really provoke him he will engage into a beast (also known as Bowser's final smash). You better watch out. If you're lucky...
The Rolling Nolan
The seemingly comedic member of Virtual Smash, Nolan himself has made a rather silly machinima series called Smasherz. Nolan is portrayed as Sonic with yellow quills and chest fluff. He also holds a huge obession towards the best food in the entire universe... MELONS!
Trope describing The Rolling Nolan:
- Manchild: He may be in his 20s, but he is a childish and ditzy guy. Of course, that is a trait of his that stands out among the group, but you can't help but worry...
- Older Than They Look: Well, Nolan seems to act a bit childish and he even sounds young, but in reality he is in his 20s.
- The Ditz: He acts as though he was like this, but it is a preferable trait of his that we all seem to adore and love. He is the only member of Virtual Smash who acts comedic and silly, only rivaling Sight.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ha! Melons apparently (no pun intended).
A member to fear, Angelglory first used his avatar as Lucario before switching to a wingless red-clothed Pit. Angelglory has made a lot of Super Smash Bros. machinima, often pertaining to the Tales Of series. Angelglory acts a bit more mature and apathetic towards the Virtual Smash members, but you can't really blame him...
Tropes describing Angelglory:
- Casting a Shadow: Angelglory's ability is to take the form of his opponents, being able to take over their body by will and use his opponent's powers and skill. A really creepy ability if you ask me.
- Child Hater: He really, really hates children.
- Creator Breakdown: Sadly has retired from making machinima due to real life issues. This isn't stopping him from continuing voice acting, however.
- Death Glare: Oh boy is he good at this!
- Deadpan Snarker: Angelglory is a sarcastic individual, but a fun person at that. He makes snide remarks and states the obvious, but he makes plenty of friends.
- Good Is Not Nice: With Angelglory's powers and sarcastic, arrogant personality, he certainly fits this trope. He even hates kids (though he has his exceptions as he had said) and is capable of pulling pranks to his friends for that matter.
- Karaoke Box: AG sang some famous songs we may know off alongside Toast, Wario, and Dropkick. He started doing this when he made Brawlulz (though where are the videos for numbers 3 and 4 we don't know)....
- Only Sane Man: He may appear as this alongside Mega and Tigura, but he himself can act a bit...well, creepy to say at the most.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Angelglory (or AG, if you prefer) is no laughing matter. He is scary enough as it already is, being able to succeed Dropkick's (his friend) trials with only a glare. Of course in the web series called Virtual Smash (obviously) he stared down "Mega".
Lord Cray Z Brawl R
A machinimator who was part of Virtual Smash. A very dear member towards the members...
Tropes describing Fortyniner 235:
- Killed Off for Real: He committed suicide for unknown reasons... May you rest in peace.