This page is for the Let's Play series. The film does not have a page as of yet.
Tyler Sederwall (formerly known as AttackingTucans)
The creator of the versus series, and usually the editor. He tends to be very sexual and inappropriate with his commentary to a hilarious degree, particularly by how casually he makes jokes of the sort. So far, he has appeared in all of the Versus LPs except Link to the Past and a couple mini or MOOSE ones. His team is the 'Tyclan' (formerly the 'Tuclan').
- The Alcoholic: Briefly wondered during Super Mario Galaxy 2 if he could be considered this, because he spent 6-7 nights drinking for most of a year.
- Ass Shove: A frequent part of his comedy.
- Bad Liar: He invokes this often for humour purposes. However, when he actually tries to lie to Josh, he usually pulls it off.
- Berserk Button: Donna calling the stars "Shines" annoys him.
- Big "NO!" / Big "YES!": Frequently when he fails or succeeds. Sometimes he'll let one off just because Josh shouts out the opposite.
- Butt-Monkey: Lost the first four Versus in a row (not counting one-offs), and even after his first victory, his wins stayed few and far between. However, this changed in late 2015 (see Took a Level in Badass below).
- Camp Gay: He came out a few years before Twilight Princess HD Versus, though Episode 2 of that versus was the first time he discussed it on video.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Exemplified in Luigi's Mansion Versus episode 6, when he goes on a long string of talking about wanting to lie down and how candy corn and pixie sticks sound awesome right now... Then squees over finding a golden mouse, sucks it up and goes right back to his train of thought.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the giving end of this against Josh during Break the Targets of Super Smash Bros. Melee Versus where he has 20 wins to Josh's 5
- On the receiving end of this during Mega Man Versus against NintendoCapriSun.
- Despair Event Horizon: Parodied in Sunshine Versus.Tyler: I hate this project! I hate you! I hate Piantas! I hate their porn! I hate Vagisil! I hate Jesus Grandma! I hate...eating old men!
- Played a bit more straight later on, when he dies literally right before getting the Shine Sprite in a level he had been having lots of trouble with. He ends up breaking down crying for a little bit.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite trying to win and usually trying to screw with the other person so he can gain an edge, he'll still sometimes help them out if help is needed, or extend a video's length so they can finish up.
- He also starts posting Content Warnings during Galaxy Versus after seeing how much swearing and such was present in Sunshine Versus.
- Got Me Doing It: He's started calling stars "shines" because of Donna.
- Heroic BSoD: See Despair Event Horizon above.
- Hidden Depths: He makes some awesome music, such as the intro music for Sunshine Versus and Galaxy Versus.
- Also, as revealed in Luigi's Mansion Versus, he has an IQ of 142, which is genius level.
- Large Ham
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: "Shut up, [X], your life is not as difficult as mine!" Replace [X] with something like Anne Frank or starving African children, and you get the basic idea of the phrase.
- Malaproper: Sometimes done jokingly, like when he calls the anteroom "the anteater room". Other times he really does keep saying it wrong, like saying "Luigi Mansions" instead of "Luigi's Mansion".
- Manchild: He's likely one of the most immature people you'll ever meet. He seems to use his off-color commentary in place of anything intelligent.
- Oh, Crap!: A lot. If it's a big one, usually followed by a Big "NO!" or Atomic F-Bomb.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Zig-zagged. The people he races against call him Tyler, but he always introduces himself as AttackingTucans.
- Completely inverted since he started going by 'Tyler Sederwall' rather than 'AttackingTucans'.
- Overprotective Dad: A rare non-dating example; his dad is so overprotective that he forbids Tyler from visiting Donna during the summer, even though Tyler had already paid a bunch of money for the plane ticket, forcing him to pay an extra $200 for a different ticket. All of this was just because he didn't want Tyler meeting up with someone he only knew on the Internet. He even threatened to stop paying for Tyler's car insurance and college if he went.
- Phrase Catcher: "Goddammit, Tyler", most often said by Josh to him.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Most noticeable in Galaxy Versus, in which he often manages to out-girly Donnabellez.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Always red.
- Sir Swearsalot: Given that he has a very vulgar sense of humor.
- Tantrum Throwing: In "Flappy Bird Versus".
- Toilet Humour: Regularly.
- Took a Level in Badass: After losing the vast majority of Versus in the channel's first few years, he began rebounding with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and spent much of 2016 dramatically narrowing the gap between his and Josh's win counts.
- Totally Radical: Uses this way of speaking sometimes, particularly his constant usage of the word "totally" (occasionally shortened to "totes").
- Troll: During Sunshine, he flips Josh's screen upside-down in editing for a few minutes. Then in part 5 of Galaxy, not only does he get away with losing fewer star bits from a Bit Blowout, he previously had Donna do a double Bit Blowout.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to episode 10 of Galaxy, anyway.
- Later in episode 24(?) he reveals that he once won a prize for being best Christian Boy Scout in the state of Missouri.Tyler: ...WHAT WENT WRONG?!
- Later in episode 24(?) he reveals that he once won a prize for being best Christian Boy Scout in the state of Missouri.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: When it seemed like he was going to win 64 versus, along with winning his first versus ever, he died near the end of the final red coin mission. Josh caught up, and won the versus because of that.
- In Sunshine Versus 2, Tyler had a massive, massive lead over Josh for a large chunk of the Versus, but all it took was one stroke of luck and better pathing to get blue coins, and Josh not only caught up, but beat him by at least ten minutes.
The first person Tyler raced against, and his usual opponent. Co-founder of the versus series. First appeared in Sunshine Versus and Luigi's Mansion Versus, latter of which he hosted and edited. His commentary is a bit like Tyler's, likely due to being around him, but not nearly as bad and he is usually the more down-to-earth of the two. His team is the 'Jepsquad'.
- Alliterative Name
- Aw Look They Really Are Friends: Mentions how much fun he had doing Sunshine Versus with Tyler at the end of the project, despite the constant bickering, yelling, and fighting the two did throughout the whole thing.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his grandma seems to be one.
Josh: (to his dad) Close the door, you fucker!
- He also got pissed and started cussing at his dad when he came in and interrupted their recording. Yes, cussing at his dad.
- Held this status throughout most of Sunshine Versus at the hands of Tyler.
- Happened in Galaxy too, despite his not even being involved.
- Big time in Donkey Kong Country Versus and Super Mario 64 4-Way.
- In general, he essentially became the channel's official Butt Monkey in late 2015, thanks to an almost yearlong drought in which he not only lost to Tyler consistently, but came in last for Versus with more than two competitors (i.e. Pokémon FireRed and Super Mario 64 4-Way). The only victories he did have during this period were for minor or one-off Versus, and even those were rare.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of this in Super Smash Bros. Melee's Break the Targets, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country MOOSE (which Tyler mocks him for in The Stinger), and Super Mario 64 4-Way.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-universe; his reaction to Tyler's "funny" story about these dogs attacking another dog.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Though he curses a lot, he avoids saying a certain word.
- HA HA HA No: During the game of twenty questions with Tyler, he does this a lot.
- Happily Married: His wife Brooke accompies him in "Pokémon Go! Versus".
- Heroic BSoD: Has them quite a bit, when it's not a raging freakout.
- Heroic Second Wind: After spending most of Super Mario Sunshine Versus 2 lagging behind Tyler, he manages to catch up and take the lead in time for the end.
- Hope Spot: Had one in the Ocarina of Time finale, making his frustration at losing even worse.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Played for Laughs; he claims to be "eating old men" in an episode of Sunshine Versus during a game of Bop.Josh: The first verb I thought of was "eating" and I was right next to an old man.
- Insistent Terminology: What becomes a Running Gag:Josh: I don't listen to shitty music.
- Large Ham: "NO! BANANAS! BANAAAANAAAS! MY BANANAS!"
- Line-of-Sight Name: How he created his infamous "eating old men" phrase, at least for the "old men" part.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: To Tyler, quite a bit.
- Only Sane Man
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Tyler's red, red to Stephen's and Jirard's blue.
- Sir Swearsalot: Less than Tyler, but still enough to qualify for this trope.
- Sore Loser: He's friendly and agreeable most of the time, but when he's noticeably falling behind, his temper and vocabulary reflect it. Tyler lampshades this during the Spirit Temple episodes of Ocarina of Time Versus.Josh: You know what my favourite part of a Versus is? NOT! FUCKING! LOSING!
- Straight Man
- Tempting Fate: Occasionally. In a rare case where it ended up helping, he says near the beginning of Sunshine Versus that he's going to suck, only to end up winning.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Played for Laughs with how he went from tolerating and snarking at Tyler to bluntly insulting and yelling at him, with little provocation besides Tyler being Tyler.
- Unreliable Narrator: He makes use of lying to Tyler about his progress often, and more than Tyler does to him.
The second person Tyler raced against, appearing in Super Mario Galaxy Versus. Usually on par with Tyler in terms of energy. Her team is 'Bellez Bitches'.
- Alliterative Name: Her "team" is named Bellezbitches, or Bellez Bitches.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: The first competitor that isn't Tyler or Josh.
- Bad Liar: She has trouble lying to Tyler, and can easily be seen through, though Tyler seems to usually believe her (albeit not without suspicion).
- The Cameo: Appeared in the Cuckoo challenge of Tyler and Josh's community versus.
- Catchphrase: "SHINE!" when she gets a star.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Less than Tyler, but still there.
- Genki Girl
- Ms. Fanservice: In the last episode of Galaxy versus, she ends up taking off both her pants and bra because of how hot her room is. And on top of that, she starts cheering upon getting the "shine".Tyler: You're exciting all the fanboys excited right now. They're all- You giving them all boners right now. God damn it Donna.
- Never Say That Again: Her response to the nickname Donnaballz by Tyler.
- Oh, Crap!: Upon realizing that, though she thought she cleared the surfing level, she actually died after completing it and had to redo it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: While she is the blue to Tyler's red, she still is red generally.
- Southern Belle: Has this kind of accent.
- Troll: Uses her lifelines to do this to Tyler.
- This also seems to be why she keeps saying "SHINE!"
- Writers Cannot Do Math: When Tyler forces her to get rid of 500 Star Bits when she has 699, she does the math wrong and gets rid of 530 instead.
The third person Tyler raced against, appearing in Sonic Adventure 2 Versus. She's about as vulgar as Tyler. Her team is the 'Lucah Troopas.' At the time of writing, she has yet to have a proper appearance on the Versus channel.
- Always Someone Better: Duels with Tyler about who can be more inappropriate, and sometimes beats him.
- Butt-Monkey: In Super Mario Sunshine Versus even though she never actually appeared in it.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Determinator: Even when she got a game over in Eternal Engine, and Final Rush, she still tried to beat Tyler in those levels even though she knew she would have to start all over. Doesn't stop Tyler from winning in those two levels though.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Whenever Eggman appears on-screen, she'll make a comment about how alike they are in terms of appearance.
- The Lad-ette
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Mostly called Lucah in the versus.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Like with Josh and Donna, is the blue oni to Tyler.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
The fourth person Tyler raced against, appearing in Mega Man Versus and again with Tyler, Josh, and Jon in Super Mario 64 4-Way Versus. Is one of the three main members of The Runaway Guys, and Tyler's let's play inspiration. His team is the 'Capri Club'.
- The Ace: Shows the most skill of Tyler's competitors. Wins Mega Man Versus without breaking a sweat and is in the lead during pretty much the entirety of of the Mario 64 4-Way. He even wins it too.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Becomes this in Super Mario 64 4-way Versus, and proudly embraces it:Tim: I told you, I'm not fucking around! I'm the motherfucking antagonist, yo!
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Subverted if you watch The Runaway Guys. Used to his color being green? Well, Josh already has that as his color, so in the Super Mario 64 4-way versus, his color is red.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He stayed ahead of Tyler for pretty much all of Mega Man Versus, and also stayed ahead of Jon and especially Tyler and Josh, for nearly all of the Mario 64 4-Way Versus. By the end of the video, he decides to continue to get more stars for the heck of it while waiting for Tyler and Josh to run out of time to play.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears in the very short Mega Man Versus, years before he'd be one of the participants of the longer-running Super Mario 64 four-way versus.
- Foregone Conclusion: Winning Mega Man Versus didn't surprise very many viewers.
- Nice Guy: Easily the nicest Let's Player to appear in a Versus. He's respectful of Tyler during Mega Man Versus and when he boasts about how good he is at the game, he immediately apologizes.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the blue oni to Tyler, and is also the blue oni in comparison to the other let's players Tyler raced against.
Raced against both Tyler and Josh Pokémon FireRed versus. His team is the '8-Bit Bros'.
- The Ace: He's very experienced with Pokémon, making him a formidable opponent. Meanwhile, Josh is about average and Tyler is almost entirely new to the series.
- Berserk Button: Apparently he got fed up with his dad telling him "I am your father" due to being named Luke.
- When a lifeline forces him to get rid of his Master Ball, right as he was about to fight Articuno, he is very unhappy.
- Catchphrase: "HI!"
- Handicapped Badass: Willingly starts the series with Charmander, which gives him a disadvantage to the first two gyms, while Tyler and Josh start with ones that give them an advantage instead. He still has little problem holding a lead.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to both Tyler and Josh.
Raced against Tyler, Josh, and NCS in Super Mario 64 4-Way Versus. Is one of the three main members of The Runaway Guys. Hasn't come up with a team name yet, but comments have given his team fan names such as "Proton Jon Eggs" or "Proton Pack".
- And Now For Something Completely Different: After fulfilling the Versus requirements for beating Super Mario 64, coming in second place behind Tim, he turns off the game and opts to play Ninja Gaiden for the rest of that episode and the bonus episode instead.
- Canada, Eh?: The Canadian Let's Player joins the three Americans in a 4-Way.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He and Tim both beat Super Mario 64 with over 10 stars higher than both Tyler and Josh. By the end of the video, Jon just starts playing Ninja Gaiden while waiting for Josh and Tyler to run out of time to play.
- Deadpan Snarker: Wouldn't be Jon without his dry wit.
- Odd Name Out: In the first episode of the Super Mario 64 four-way, Tyler and Josh's usernames are their first and last names, and Tim goes along with the theme by using his real name as well. Jon at first refuses to say his name, then throughout the episode claims his name is actually Proton Jon. Doubles as a Call-Back to when a similar joke was made in early The Runaway Guys videos.
- Oh, Crap!: Has a minor one after pulling the Reality Warper moment below, since they apparently having a "no glitches" rule and he quickly checked to make sure he didn't just break it.
- Reality Warper: During the Whomp King boss fight, he pulls a glitch where he Ground Pounds and goes through the Whomp and onto his back.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Tim, but the Blue to Tyler and Josh.
- Running Gag: Tyler acting as if Jon's advertising a new channel that rhymes with Jon, such as ProtonLawn, ProtonDawn, and Proton John Cena.
Tyler's roommate who gets brought up in conversation sometimes, and runs some shows on his channel such as Who Wants to be a Gilionaire? and So You Wanna Be A Master?. Ran the tech for their Ocarina of Time: Master Quest livestream. Name is often shortened to just "Squill", and despite not being a player on Versus at the time, he has a team called the Squillionaires. He joins Tyler in a 2-vs-2 Versus in Subspace Emissary Versus.
- Ascended Extra: Made occasional appearances in some videos, but is now a challenger Subspace Emissary Versus.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Gadfly: He often taunts or teases Tyler and Josh as they play.
- The Lancer: He becomes Tyler's partner in Subspace Emissary Versus.
- Mr. Seahorse: Jokingly claims in the first episode of Subspace Emissary Versus that he gets asked at bars if he's pregnant.
- Nerves of Steel: When Josh and Tyler have to eat habanero peppers as a donation challenge, they're reduced to screaming, passing a jug of milk back and forth, and - in Tyler's case - literally running around the room flailing his arms. Squill grabs a decently sized pepper, pops it in his mouth, and after a moment of no reaction, tells Tyler to "man up". Backfires on him when he later has to eat even more peppers and it starts getting to him.
- Only Sane Man: He has his moments of snarkiness or hamminess during the Master Quest livestream, but for the most part he's just laughing at the two hosts along with us. In Subspace Emissary he shares this role with Ian.
- Phrase Catcher: "Squill?" No context, no reason, just randomly making his name a question.
- For a time, once again with no context or reason, the chat kept asking him to "drop it hard".
- Tempting Fate: Early in the Master Quest 24-hour livestream, he claims he'll end up staying up longer than Tyler. He falls asleep about three quarters into the stream and Tyler stays awake through it all.
- That's What She Said: Gets one in right before Subspace Emissary Versus part 2 ends, when something is called "long and fantastic".
A gamer who does Top 5's and "Game Reviews". He becomes Josh's partner in Subspace Emissary Versus.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Josh's player two and much better at the game than him.
- The Lancer: To Josh in Subspace Emissary Versus.
- Only Sane Man: Shares this role with Squill for their respective partners.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: He gets rather irritated (jokingly, of course) with Josh's performance, especially when he ends up killing himself twice in a row because he gets their characters mixed up.
The second person Josh raced against, appearing in Donkey Kong Country MOOSE. His team is the 'Stephenites'.
- Always Someone Better: Surpasses Tyler's famous height, as brought up in Super Monkey Ball versus.
- Bad Liar: When he tries to convince Josh that he was still doing Barrel Cannon Canyon and was messing up in it when he already finished the level.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Beat Josh in Donkey Kong Country MOOSE without losing a single level.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Josh's red oni.
The third person Josh raced against, appearing in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Versus. His team is 'Team Beardman'.
- Badass Beard: Josh jokingly says that Jirard's beard is basically a god.
- Berserk Button: According to him, saying his name as 'Jared' is this for him.
- Graceful Loser: Claims that he'll be fine if Josh wins the versus, and even says that he's rooting for the Jep Squad (though he still tries his best)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Josh's red oni.
Raced against Tyler in a series of Minecraft Parkour levels in Versus. His team is the 'Yoshi Eggs'.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Tyler's red oni.
The host of Community Versus after some time, until its cancellation.
- But Now I Must Go: The final episode is mostly dedicated to him announcing the series ending and thanking the viewers.
Josh's wife who accompanies him during "Pokémon Go! Versus".
- Happily Married: To Josh.
- Interspecies Romance: In Episode 1, Brooke jokingly claimed she was pregnant with a Squirtle while Josh was trying to catch it.
- The Lancer: Assists Josh during Pokémon Go!
- The Smurfette Principle: She is the first female to appear in a main Versus series, as Donna and Lucah were on Versus series' that went on Tyler's channel.