HE★VENS in general
- Canon Foreigner: Appeared in the second season of the anime, and have been exclusively in the anime continuity since. However, they do have game-style concept art and appear on the games' official website.
- Fun with Acronyms: With the additional four members, Heavens is now an acronym of their names. (H from Hyuga, E from Eiichi, A from Amakusa, V from Van, E from Eiji, N from Nagi, S from Sumeragi)
- Image Song: "HEAVENS GATE".
- The Rival: In the anime continuity, to ST☆RISH, in every sense of the word. They're picked up by Saotome's music rival, openly challenge them throughout Season 2's second half and Season 4, and when they get four other members, their numbers match up cleanly with ST☆RISH's.
- Whatever Happened to the Mouse?: ST☆RISH mentions at the start of Season 3 that they haven't been seen since the Uta Pri awards. They return in the Season 3 finale with an additional four members, setting up rivalries between the individual members of HE★VENS and ST☆RISH.
HE★VENS' leader. Has absolute confidence and pride on HE★VENS and its members. Eldest son of the president of Raging Entertainment, Raging Ootori.
- Beauty Mark: Next to his mouth.
- Big Brother Instinct: Is seen to look out and have concerns for his other band members. Most especially seen when Shion has a massive anxiety attack and breakdown.
- Calling the Old Man Out: He finally stands up to his father, enraging him so much that he pulls HEAVENS out of the competition. He regrets doing so, until his teammates remind him that he did the best for the team.
- The Casanova: His game profile states that he's "good with the ladies".
- Creepy Good: He tends to be rather creepy whenever he's too happy or excited about something, as Nagi points out.
- HeelFace Turn: After hearing ST☆RISH's song.
- Hidden Depths: He's not as creepy and antagonistic as you would expect. Season 4 shows him as legitimately watching out for and concerned for his other members as shown when Shion has a breakdown. Additionally, he believes in performing his very best and was revealed to be very excited about performing his duet with Otoya. Him pushing Otoya was so that they could perform the very best song they could give to those who supported them.
- Missing Mom: Unlike Otoya whose mom is mentioned to be dead, there is no word of where and what happened to his and Eiji's mother.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He doesn't hesitate to get as close as he can to Haruka to make her join them as their composer. Gets in Otoya's space quite a lot as well.
- Pet the Dog: Was legitimately concerned and worried for Otoya after learning that the latter had run away.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Eiichi's outgoing personality is balanced by his younger brother, Eiji's, more timid one.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Happens whenever he gets menacing.
Born in the historical and venerable Sumeragi household. Usually silent and taciturn, he is very popular thanks to his charisma and handsome looks.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Stated to have done so in the past, telling his father his intentions to become an idol despite his family's wishes.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Plays the piano.
- Friendly Enemy: Has never been confrontational against ST☆RISH, and is rather friendly to everyone in his own stoic way.
- He's also the one who actually figures out what was wrong with Masato during their duet project, and is even the one to ultimately get him to confront his father on not wanting to be the head of the Hijirikawa family and pursue music.
- HeelFace Turn: After hearing ST☆RISH's song. Although he didn't dislike them as much as his partners.
- Princely Young Man: Heir son to the prestigious Sumeragi family, silent and stoic yet wise and kind.
- The Rival: For Season 4, Masato's.
He's a genius, and because he is too smart he felt life was boring. He was attracted to the idol job because he perceives an idol = person that captivates others' hearts.
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest out of the HEAVENS members, at 13 years old.
- Cry Cute: He tears up when HEAVENS loses the competition, like a kid his age would. The rest of HEAVENS members take turns comforting him until he smiles again.
- Deliberately Cute Child: He's 13, but otherwise he fits.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Can play both the viola and the violin.
- The Fake Cutie: Acts like The Cutie on stage. Off of it, however...
- Hidden Depths: Though he's obsessed with cuteness and being seen as the cutest, he's surprisingly observant and sharp-minded. The official game site describes him as being "an intellectual" and he was able to pick up that Natsuki has multiple personalities by simply watching his performance as Satsuki.
- Jerkass: His real personality. Also, Nagi was probably the only person in the theater that didn't feel anything after hearing ST☆RISH's song.
- During his meetings with Natsuki, he pressures him on why he doesn't play the violin anymore - refusing to back off even when Haruka tells him to stop it. In the second meeting, he also taunts Satsuki when correctly assuming that Natsuki has multiple personality disorder.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He pushed Natsuki to the limit because he wants him to face his issues, give his all during their duet performance and grow enough to be able to play the piano again. Nagi had honest intentions, he just has some empathy issues as Eiji pointed out. He grows enough to be able to strike a friendship with Natsuki by the end of the season. There is a reason his duet with Natsuki is named Grown Empathy.
- Voice for the Voiceless: Usually speaks for Kira.
He has a calm, modest personality. Has a simple, natural atmosphere to him, but actually has a very high hidden potential. Raging Ootori's second song and Eiichi's younger brother.
- Adorkable: His eagerness with working with Tokiya and making expressions like this◊ definitely shows that he's this trope.
- Missing Mom: As mentioned in Eiichi's entry, there is no mention at all of their mother.
- Morality Pet: Quite possibly one to Eiichi. When Eiichi sees Tokiya in Raging Production, he is clearly suspicious and ready to confront him but immediately stops when Eiji happily greets him. Once he asks Eiji if he invited him and gets the confirmation, Eiichi noticeably backs off. Could also be one for the rest of Heavens
- Nice Guy: Out of all the members in HEAVENS, he's very caring and gentle. Not only that but he's probably one of the nicest characters even possibly out of all the cast. In the episode he collaborates with Tokiya, he has angel wings and is bathed in soft, bright light while he sings.
- When HEAVENS confronts ST☆RISH in regards of Shion's breakdown, he's also the one to try and break up the fight by trying to tell his fellow members to calm down and tell ST☆RISH that though this situation isn't ideal, it happened because they care about Shion.
- In the episode where Natsuki and Nagi collaborate, after Nagi complains about Natsuki, Eiji asks him if he took Natsuki's feelings into consideration.
- Only Sane Man: The most level-headed member of HEAVENS (sans perhaps Kira) and the mediator on most conflicts.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Really different from his brother, Eiichi, and his father, Raging Ootori.
- Symbolic Wings: When Haruka and Tokiya first meet up with him for the Duet Project, they see him singing with angel wings and bathed in light.
- Teen Genius: Stated to be one.
- Friendly Rival: He and Tokiya quite possibly get along the most out of all the rivals.
He has a sharp intuition and acts upon it, prioritizing the things he likes to do over everything else. Tends to be honest and expresses his opinions and beliefs loudly without thinking.
- Adorkable: Despite his appearance seemingly pegging him as a flirt like Ren, he's actually more like a huge and excitable kid.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Does this to Haruka after he gets rejected by her.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: When it comes to his acting; he's silly and doesn't seem very serious, but once he's acting he's spot on, and his ad-libbing is extremely good.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite his light-hearted appearance and demeanor making him seem like less than a threat, he's very serious and talented in acting to the point he actually makes Ren uncomfortable with the intensity he radiates during the filming of a confrontational scene.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: He looks absolutely dashing in the white suit for the law drama he and Ren perform in.
- The Hyena: Has a tendency to laugh quite a lot. Hell, after he gets rejected by Haruka, he laughs in response.
- Love Before First Sight: Van admits that he first fell in love with Haruka after hearing HEAVENS GATE, which is her composition.
- Love Confession: To date, he is the second(The first being Cecil) person in the anime to actually be able to confess to Haruka clearly and concisely. Though he does take her rejection to stride, he hasn't given up.
- Nice Guy: Though not to to Eiji's extent, Van is a pretty good-natured and otherwise decent guy.
- The Idiot from Osaka: While it is not confirmed if he's from Osaka he fits the trope to a T, from his kansai-ben dialect to his personality and mannerisms.
He has an athlete-like body built and high physical abilities. He's slightly belligerent, but he's also pure, honest and straightforward. He's Ryuya Hyuga's younger brother but feels a strong rivalry towards him.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention his brother Ryuya around him.
- Canon Immigrant: He was only ever mentioned in Ryuuya's route in Debut, but this makes him the first member of Heavens to have pre-existed in series.
- Dumb Muscle: His approach to problem-solving almost always involves his fists.
- Funny Background Event: More often than not when the rest of HEAVENS are relaxing together he's in the background doing handstands or push-ups.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Reveals he's only an idol to fuel his one-sided rivalry towards his brother, and tends to get angry very easily. Implied he lied about the first part, though.
- Hot-Blooded: Gives off the impression by his introductory line.
- Pet the Dog: Was willing to fly in and knock down ST☆RISH's dorm door as well as beat them up when finding out that they had something to do with Shion's breakdown.
- Rated M for Manly: Just like his older brother, he exudes this. His friendship with Syo was born while beating each other to a pulp.
- Real Men Wear Pink: When opposing Syo, he's color-coded in pink.
- Sibling Rivalry: One-sidedly, he longs to defeat and surpass Ryuuya, no matter what; Ryuuya loves him unconditionally, however.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has the same fiery attitude as his older brother.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: However, he is more pugnacious than Ryuuya and is said that whenever the two see each other, they wind up fighting. He's even more different to his younger two brothers who greatly love and care about Ryuuya, while Yamato is rather indifferent.
- Tsundere: Definitely gives off this vibe, particularly Type A. During his boxing match with Syo in the final Muscle Fight challenge, when Syo tells him that he's being cheered at, Yamato simply says that everyone is just being loud. Syo doesn't believe him.Syo: You heard our song, right? Wasn't it so passionate and awesome?Yamato: That was just a hallucination.(The crowd of girls start screaming and cheering on the two boys.)Syo: Don't you want everyone to hear our song? Look at how much they support us.Yamato: They're just loud.Syo: You're not very honest.
- Worthy Opponent: By the end of his episode with Syo, he seems to at least regard him as this considering he didn't just flat-out ignore him like he did before.
He has an otherworldly atmosphere around him and often gives unique remarks and speeches that are difficult to understand by most people, but he deeply loves HE★VENS and shows a very high performance power.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Considering how highly devoted he is to HEAVENS to the point of obsession and the huge panic attack he has because of his extreme devotion to them, along with how barely responsive he is with others besides them, it's clear that he does suffer from some form of social anxiety.
- He could also possibly have self-esteem and dependency issues considering his eagerness to please HEAVENS and how he even describes breaking an oath with them as being the same as "defiling his soul."
- Sadly, this can be seen as Truth in Television. Idols have such busy and overbearing schedules, management and fans along with needing to maintain their image, that it's unsurprising most of them develop disorders such as forms of anxiety, paranoia and eating disorders or body dysmorphia as a result of all of the above, along with possibly having extreme devotion to their activities, company and group.
- Cuteness Proximity: Finds Nagi cute, though unlike Natsuki with Syo, Shion wants Nagi to carry him.
- Defrosting Ice King: Very distant and heavily guarded until he warms up to people. It was that way with HEAVENS when he joined them and was like that towards Cecil too.
- Shrinking Violet: Extremely shy and silent when around people he doesn't know.
- Third-Person Person: Tends to refer to himself as 'Amakusa'.
- Undying Loyalty: To HEAVENS.