open/close all folders
VIPPERloidsVIPPERloids are a line of UTAUloids created by the denizens of vip@2ch. Initially they were made to fool people into believing that a new Vocaloid was being released, but after the failure (or was it success?) of Ruko, they have moved on to general trolling.
- Ambiguous Gender: Seems to be a running theme amongst VIPPERloids. Her gender is officially described as "Chimera"; Word of God states on the official Teto website that there's no particular meaning to this in regards to her gender. She's generally seen as female due to her appearance, but her gender is up for interpretation.
- April Fools' Day: Conceived as a joke product for this day. This is largely responsible for her somewhat...odd characteristics.
- She replaced Miku on the Hatsune Miku Symphony site page for April Fools 2018.
- Attention Whore: She loves being in the spotlight.
- Bilingual Bonus: She has a CVVC English bank.
- The Cameo: A picture of Teto appears on a sake bottle label in Hatsune Mix. In a later installment of the same manga, she can be seen as a scientist. She's also a prominent recurring Downloadable Content character for the popular Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA franchise.
- Canon Immigrant: She was originally supposed to be an April Fool's joke. Her first song was sung by a real singer, and had nothing to do with UTAU initially. After the prank was over, a real voicebank was recorded and released. Also, she appears as a DLC in the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series beginning with Project Diva 2.
- Catch Phrase: Oftentimes seen as having one that translates to "You are so fool", or perhaps more accurately, "I'm Surrounded by Idiots".
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Commonly portrayed as such, possibly due to her birthdate being April Fool's Day.
- Cute Monster Girl: Her chimera form.
- Gender Flip: Ted Kasane, who is considered his own person and separate from Teto, as opposed to other genderbends. His personality can range from being a kindly, protective older brother to... strange.
- High-Class Call Girl: She plays a courtesan in "Yoshiwara Lament".
- Idiot Hair: Has one between her hair drills. With her common portrayal as a Cloud Cuckoo Lander, this is rather fitting.
- Narcissist: Downplayed. She's not a total unsympathetic jerk, but she does like when the focus is put on her.
- Mega Twintails: She has some very big twintails. So much so that the term "twindrills" was coined for her.
- Older Than She Looks: According to the original joke, Teto should be 31 years old. This makes her older than most Vocaloid characters, even though she looks like a young teenager.
- Regal Ringlets: She has the look, but her personality should not fit.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Most of the time, anyway.
- Significant Birth Date: April 1st, which goes hand in hand with her starting out as an April Fools' Day joke.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: She's the most well-known Utau, and for the most part the Vocaloid Fan Dumb has no idea there are others. Triple Baka probably had something to do with it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: French bread.
- Tsundere: Downplayed Harsh. She tends to be naughty and teases the people she cares about because she doesn't want to be direct about her feelings, but she really isn't an especially angry type like most tsunderes.
- Winged Humanoid: Her chimera form sports a striking set of red, batlike wings.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: We know for sure that Ruko is intersex, but what gender identity she aligns with is unclear. It's generally assumed that she identifies as female since she has a feminine appearance and is canonically referred to with feminine pronouns, but some go along with her being a male crossdresser among the lines of Ritsu as her sex is mostly male. There's even some interpretations of her identifying as nonbinary, such as in Problems AU.
- And I Must Scream: Her cameo in Kagome Kagome suggests that they're still alive even after getting her head chopped off.
- C-List Fodder: Surprisingly for a Vocaloid-sung video, both of the "April Fool's" UTAU characters show up in the video for Kagome Kagome. Unlike Teto though, who has no solid role past 'extra', Ruko exists in the video solely to get decapitated.
- Duality Motif: It's subtle, but there's certain elements in her design that imply a dual nature, in reference to her sex; for example, she has Mismatched Eyes, with one being red and the other blue, a glove on her left hand but not the other, and Girlish Pigtails.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Downplayed; she has a glove on her left hand, while her right hand is bare.
- Gentle Giant: She's basically the personification of this trope, with her deredere personality.
- Girlish Pigtails: These makes her appear more feminine, as well as hinting at her duality as a hermaphrodite.
- Hermaphrodite: Is said to be "90% male and 10% female". She looks pretty feminine though, and her bio uses female pronouns.
- Meaningful Name: Yokune Ruko = yoku neru ko = "girl who sleeps well(or often)". "Yokune" also means "greedy sound", which is a reference to having both male and female voicebanks.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has one red eye and one blue.
- Sleepy Head: She is known to be very drowsy most of the time. It's also a possible cause of her unusual height due to a Japanese proverb that says 寝る子は育つ (neru ko wa sodatsu), which means that "A child who sleeps a lot grows up greatly."
- Statuesque Stunner: Her height is 6'5" ft (197 cm). She's also described as being romantic.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee.
- Younger Than They Look: Ruko is 12 years old officially, but looks like she could be in her early twenties. Strangely, her official birthday is November 17, 1989, so she technically could've been 19 at the time of her release (November 17, 2008).
- Affectionate Parody: Supposedly, his bio was intentionally made ridiculous to poke fun at some of the more interesting UTAU character bios out there. Not that this stops some fans from defending it as a canon fact.
- Ambiguous Gender: Because it's unknown how much of his bio is meant to be taken seriously, there is the distinct possibility that Ritsu isn't a crossdressing boy at all, but actually a girl. Given his in-universe portrayal as something of a Troll, however, it could go either way.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: In addition to a good chunk of his profile being a joke, thus it being unknown how much of it is supposed to be taken seriously, his gender is described as "okama", which is a slang term for feminine gay men, drag queens, or transgender women, but it's unclear which applies to him. Word of God states his gender identity is up for interpretation, however.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Sorta.
- Fake Boobs: His boobs are actually missiles.
- Jerkass: He's described as a bully.
- Poe's Law: Despite the fact that his profile is obviously not supposed be taken seriously, and there's even a (supposed) rumor going around the net that his creator deliberately made the bio to be as ridiculous as possible in an attempt to make UTAU fans focus less on the character and more on the music, there are quite a few UTAU fans who will viciously defend the fact that he is supposed to be a six year old, 25-ton crossdresser who pads his chest with missiles.
- Rapunzel Hair: His hair goes below his waist.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: If you believe the fact that "he" really is supposed to be male. Maybe not so wholesome. But certainly not villainous or creepy.
- Younger Than They Look: He is apparently six years old.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is wordplay on "Ookami-ko", which means "wolf girl".
- Little Bit Beastly: She has a wolf tail and ears, but otherwise looks like a normal person. The ears aren't immediately obvious, though, as they're covered by a hood, but the hood still gives off the impression of wolf ears.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Whenever she's pictured with Len, he's very understandably freaked out by her presence. It's not that she's ugly by any means, it's just that she's... well, Tei.
- Arch-Enemy: Considers herself this to Miku.
- Big Bad: Quite a few works involving her will cast her as the villain, and for very, very good reason.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: She has a fetish for traffic lights and isn't afraid to masturbate in public. With her Trademark Favorite Food, no less.
- Character Name Alias: Scottei, a pun on "Scottie", the brand of tissue.
- Four Is Death: She's the fourth official VIP release (she'd be the sixth, if people counted with the unofficial releases, Rook and Miko, but it's another completely different bad number), she's yandere, and her series "number" is a Q, which is a really loose pun on "kill". One has to wonder if it's just a coincidence or if it was fully intentional.
- Godhood Seeker: Just listen to her Declare War on All Vocaloid, but this line just screams this, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and OFF at once.To erase the data, or to destroy the laws of nature? You must pick one; the darkness becomes despair, I will get rid of and make a key of the universal white. And when I do, I will be known as the GOD of destruction and creation
- Griefer: Her second desire in her info page states "To Usurp Hatsune's status". Her massive fanbase makes it so.
- The Heart: If Tei's not playing the Big Bad, it's this.
- Hell Is That Noise: Tei's solo for Five Nights at Freddys.
- Hotter and Sexier: Tei's MMD videos, her White-Haired Pretty Girl status, and her response to one of Len's songs are just only the beginning of Tei's Sex-tei-ness.
- Hot Scientist: While she's very smart, the range of evil slings from one side to the other...
- Limited Wardrobe: Aside from her MMD videos, Tei rarely switches clothing. Her renditions for The Path to Eternal Happiness, I've Found It and Electric Angel are the most noticeable outfit changes.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Depends on the general opinion, but in between her consistent lusting for Len, her chronic masturbating with her favorite vegetable, and her enduring popularity, she can be seen as this. Especially when her actions are Played for Laughs. For the most part anyway...
- Lust Object: Len Kagamine. Noticing a pattern, here?
- Nightmare Face: Has it and knows it.
- Parody Sue: Considering how outlandish her profile is, she certainly fits the bill.
- Pet the Dog: Doesn't cover Len's songs, presumably because unlike Miku, she doesn't want to usurp him. Doesn't mean she'll make a duet with him however, or even follow his song with her own.
- Relationship Sabotage: What her Yandere and Griefer actions generally boil down towards, with the relationships of both Len Kagamine (Whom she loves), and Hatsune Miku (due to trying to usurp her).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She has the sharingan, in fact.
- Shout-Out: Let's see...she's a Sharingan-eyed killer that has a god-like attitude who wants to "Purify" the world. Any questions?
- Stalker with a Crush: On Len Kagamine.
- Super Strength: Usually within fanfiction or MMD, along with Super Speed.
- Surprisingly Good English: Her english voice is comparable to that of Glados herself.
- Take That!: Was made entirely with this trope in mind, picking apart various common tropes with both Vocaloid fan characters and Naruto fan characters. Her design is reference to how many UTAU characters are Palette Swaps of Miku, her obsession with Len and Miku mirrors fans' obsessions with the pair, and her Sharingan is a jab at most Naruto characters (at the time) having one. Personality wise, Tei does this against the other Vocaloids, ranging from a cute White-Haired Pretty Girl Stalker with a Crush to an ironic White Hair, Black Heart Griefer, whereas the Vocaloids either have one personality or multiple personalities at a time.
- Team Pet: Towards the other Vippers, depending on the situation.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cucumbers.
- Unknown Rival: To Hatsune Miku in general...until this song was made.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has white hair and is generally depicted as (usually) absolutely evil.
- The Wonka: The most dysfunctional of the Vippers, but also the one who brings them all together, usually by said dysfunction. Also comes as a rare female example.
- Yandere: Her profile fits this perfectly. In fact, most of her songs usually follow this route, usually towards Len.
- Fantastic Racism: She was created as a parody of the anti-Japan movement in China.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: His personality is described as "Alien. He is quiet. And a little masochist."
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Apparently, Rook is his "favorite person" and is listed among his "Likes".
- In the Hood: He wears a black and green hoodie. Apparently he was affected by radiation after the tsunami in Japan, which is why his clothes glow in the dark.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has purple hair and purple eyes.
- Fan Nickname: Defoko, due to being the default voice in UTAU.
- Meaningful Name: Her nickname literally means "default child".
- Robo Speak: Due to having no human voice source.
- Repetitive Name: Her name repeats the "uta" sound.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Her character item is a rocket-propelled grenade.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: She's voiced by a synthesized text-to-speech program called AquesTalk.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair in this case.
- Cute Bruiser: She can exert a whopping amount of strength if provoked, but her strength can only last for five minutes at a time.
- Friend to All Children: Presumably, as her catchphrase is "I can amuse any child."note .
- Losing Your Head: Her head is detachable. While this does no harm to her, she's not too fond of when people remove it.
- Meaningful Name: "Momo" means peach, which is an allusion to her hair color. It's also a reference to her voice provider, Momoko Fujimoto.
- Meido: She's designed to be a maid and wears a cute maid outfit.
- Ninja Maid: Downplayed. As mentioned under Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids and Cute Bruiser, she has powerful strength if provoked but it doesn't last long.
- Robot Maid: She is a robot designed for being a maid and housekeeping.
- Repetitive Name: Her name repeats the "momo" sound.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and while she's shy, she seems to be quite the sweetheart.
- Shrinking Violet: She's described as being rather shy and sensitive.
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: She's designed for housekeeping and singing, and also can kick some serious ass when provoked. Downplayed as her strength only lasts for 5 minutes at a time.
- Super-Strong Child: See Cute Bruiser above.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair in this case.
- Gender Bender: Sara Suiga, who is declared a separate person from Sora, as opposed to other gender bends who are regarded as simply that.
- An Ice Person: In some videos, she's portrayed as having ice-based powers. This, coupled with the fact she wants winter to be forever makes her fit the trope in both senses.
- Kuudere: Although her personality is not yet established, her profile assumes it's similar to her brother
- Brutal Honesty: Tends to speak in such manner.
- Cat Girl: Her original design was a more straightforward example. Her recent redesign is more of a Cat Girl cosplay than an actual Cat Girl.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her profile lists her as this to people she's just met.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Her bio also states that you have to invoke this trope if you want to be friends with her.
- Kuudere: Her profile refers to her as this by name.
- Surprisingly Good English: Has an English voicebank in the works, that's coming together quite nicely.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Her profile states she has a short attention span.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Her profile also says she has a short temper.
- Surprisingly Good English: Though her Act 3 voicebank supported English pretty well, it's taken Up to Eleven with her official English voicebank.
- Tomboy: Her profile lists her as this.
- Tsundere: Described by fellow UTAUloid Mathieu Rosaire (also created by the same person who made Aiko) as this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Aiko's hair is blue.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of a castella cake. And since castella cakes are Yufu's character item, it tends to jokes in the fandom. Of course, it was probably intentional from Teira's creator's part.
- Creepy Child: She (and her "genderbents", Tiramisu and Mashuu) might appear to be like that, to some fans.
- Gender Bender: Mashuu, who's just as popular as her.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Teira also has a younger sister (produced with the g- flag instead of Mashuu's g+ flag), called Tiramisu.
- Flower Motifs: She is a human-shaped plant who sings through her flower.
- Older Than They Look (or Really 700 Years Old): Her real age is unknown, but she's said to be a perennial plant.
- Plant Person: She's a plant that takes on a human-like form. She can even photosynthesize and can survive with just water.
- Repetitive Name: Her name repeats the "ne" sound. Four times.
- Ax-Crazy: His most famous song, Despair in the Hamburger Factory, portrays him and Teto in this fashion, even though his original personality isn't like that. It's generally (though, not canonically) accepted that this is how his angry side must be, therefore, making him Cute and Psycho.
- The Ditz: He can alternate between this Genius Ditz and Cloud Cuckoo Lander, depending on how he's interpreted.
- Gender Bender: Shemu Chikune. She's a cyborg vampire partially made with Lego pieces.
- Keet: He's pretty tall, but fits all the other characteristics.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Kenta can walk under strong sunlight and doesn't need to drink blood, as well as he's a ball of cheerfulness, and, to pepper it all up, he's Christian as well. Though, in the situations where he gets angry, he becomes more like a traditional vampire. Apparently, according to his creator on Formspring, he's still vulnerable to garlic, but doesn't notice it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lemons. He can live without blood, but not without lemons. In his Formspring, it was joked about how he must smell like lemon detergent.
- Bandaged Face: Although they only cover his eyes, not his entire face.
- Bare Your Midriff: His shirt is very short and only covers the area between his chest and above his bellybutton.
- Hidden Eyes: His eyes are covered by the bandages he wears.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: His shirt is very, very far from his neckline - you can even see a bit of his chest.
- Keet: Summarized in the fact that his "official personality" can be described as ＼(^o^)／.
- Ambiguous Gender: Assumed to be male, though.
- Meaningful Name: His name literally means "Dog Snake". No points guessing why.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Has the head of a dog and the body of a snake. He generally behaves like a dog (barking, fear of vacuum cleaners, etc.) but is cold blooded like a snake.
- Precious Puppy: A friendly little creature, if his character descriptions are to be believed.
- A Dog Named "Dog": He's a tree named "Tree".
- Ambiguous Gender: His gender is defined as "Male/Female/Hermaphrodite/None", though he's generally referred to as male.
- No Indoor Voice: Every single one of his samples are loud grunts and screaming. This is part of what makes his Stylistic Suck so... sucky.
- Plant Person: Well, despite his appearance presumably being that of a normal tree (his official artwork isn't... the most detailed, to say the least), he's capable of communicating and healing people of erectile dysfunction with his singing. He's also presumably capable of mobility in some way, as his backstory says that he travels the world putting his abilities to use.
- Refuge in Audacity: His character item is Helen Keller.
- Sensory Abuse: All of his voice samples are very loud grunts and screaming.
- Stylistic Suck: Not only are his voice samples very screechy, he has a poorly made OTO. This is all intentional.
- Time Abyss: He's 361,030,115 years old.
- Wise Tree: Parodied. In his backstory, he's described as a magical tree capable of singing. When a traveling peddler sat under his shade, he was generous enough to sing the peddler a song (the narrator calling The Giving Tree a stuck-up bitch in comparison), which amazed the peddler so much that he got a boner. He now travels the world, singing songs and curing men of erectile dysfunction.
- Ambiguous Gender: Her gender is simply described as 'witch'. It should be mentioned, however, the kanji for 'witch'note in her Japanese profile implies that she's a girl.
- Cute Witch: She is a 16 year old witch. Her given name even means "mage"!
- Fairy Companion: Has a companion named Frill. Frill looks like a candle with a blue flames, has wings and a tail, and wears a little dress.
- Meaningful Name: "Meiji" is a transliteration of "Mage".
- Trademark Favorite Drink: Tea, especially when mixed with sweet milk.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light pink hair.
- Canon Immigrant: Is one of the free voices available in Synth V, and so far the only voice in that program with multiple voicebanks.
- Giant Waist Ribbon: Dons one in her winter outfit.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Her winter outfit is fancy and has ribbons and frills all over.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
- Ambiguously Human: According to his creator, he's definitely not, though no one knows what he is. He's theorized to either be a demon or a tengu.
- Animal Motif: Crows. His stage name is the Japanese word for crow and his creator, revolocities, frequently draws him accompanied by images of black feathers and wings. He's also implied to be a tengu in human form. This compliments Kurobousuku's wolf motif somewhat.
- Bishōnen: He's short, thin and pretty.
- Has a Type: He apparently likes tall guys with dark hair.
- Mixed Ancestry: He's part-German and part-Japanese.
- Official Couple: Well, of a Loose Canon variety—his creator frequently pairs him with Kurobousuku.
- Opposites Attract: When paired with Kuro, it's definitely this—Karasu is a stingy, conceited Jerk with a Heart of Gold while Kuro is a friendly, energetic Nice Guy.
- Vague Age: Seems to be invoked, as his age is only listed as "Young". His creator notes that if he has to be given an age, he's at least 19 years old and he's generally agreed to be a young adult, though his short stature and slender build cause people to mistake him for a teenager.
- Yōkai: He's apparently either a demon or tengu in human form.
- Animal Motifs: Wolves. His name translates to "black wolf" and he's said to have a friendly, loyal personality, not unlike a Big Friendly Dog. This seems to compliment Karasu's crow motif.
- Hunk: Contrasting with Karasu's Bishōnen status, Kuro is tall and muscular.
- Manchild: Can apparently be childish sometimes.
- Official Couple: In a Loose Canon sense, due to canon being fluid in the UTAU community, but he's generally agreed to be Karasu's boyfriend.
- Opposites Attract: When paired with Karasu, it's definitely this—Karasu is a stingy, conceited Jerk with a Heart of Gold while Kuro is a friendly, energetic Nice Guy.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pasta.