open/close all folders
AAABBHM (Abbaheim, Amber)A girl from Pallet Town, designed after Maribel Hearn. She chose Sanae as her starter.
- Amazon Brigade: This 11 year old girl somehow has control and leadership over some of the strongest yokai women Gensokyo has to offer.
- Moment of Silence: During a training session in the Bonéka Tower, she suddenly stopped training her Bonékas. Why? The Mob, that usually told her what to do, was mourning the passing of one of the voices.
- Gender-Blender Name: Her in-game name resembles the name "Abraham", and some have taken to calling her that. Coincidentally enough, our previous protagonist had the same name according to the majority of fans, only his was generally shortened to Abe.
- Momma's Boy: She visited her mother a lot on Mother's Day due to numerous blackouts.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Those who believe she is called Amber tend to believe that she chose her own name in honour of Amber, God of Balance.
GreenAAABBHM's rival, designed after Renko Usami. She defeated Sanae in their first match.
- Anti-Climax Boss: Even more so than her Moémon counterpart; she was easily defeated in the first Champion battle.
- Legacy Character: To FireRed's Green, who may himself be a Legacy Character to Red's Blue.
- Stone Wall: Rather infamously, her Alice has stalled AAABBHM's team for half an hour in the Silph Co headquarters, without so much as a single attacking move at her disposal.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Hero: Lady Sanae, the starter and by far the highest-leveled.
- The Lancer: AWOO, the Number Two whose hard-hitting moves rolled through Lance.
- The Big Guy: BB, Dumb Muscle with a One Hit KO move.
- The Smart Guy: Book Jesus, Badass Bookworm who knows how to heal in battle.
- The Heart: Chauzu, a Heart-type named to honor a prominent member who'd been permabanned who ended up carrying the day in the final battle.
- Sixth Ranger/Token Evil Teammate: Mima, who didn't join until after the seventh badge.
(Lady) SanaeAAABBHM's starter, she is Faith-type. She lost the first battle against Green.
- A God Am I: The reason behind her whole journey. She wants to proclaim herself as a goddess.
- Born Unlucky: Lost her first battle and many battles after that due to Tackle dealing supereffective damage. After Mt. Moon, though...
- Born Lucky: She won 3 badges so far, out of 5. Two of them were what the Mob calls "Clutch Revenge", meaning she was almost killed, but scored a critical hit and saved the day.
- Butt-Monkey: Before evolving, she was consistently knocked out by Com Mons.
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: The chat insists that all she needs is some faith to be useful.
- The Quiet One: Her Nature is Quiet.
- Villain Protagonist: Justified/Averted. If you look at the source material, she actually is a descendant of the gods, so her journey is less about conquering the world, and more about getting the respect she deserves.
- Who's Laughing Now?: By the time the mob entered Bonéka Tower, she was already strong enough to sweep three enemies with type advantage against her in a row.
Chauzu (Kogasatori)A CSatori obtained from the Magikarp salesman. Due to a glitch, the party display used to say that she was a Kogasa. Eventually evolved before the winning fight against Koga, which fixed the display. She later was renamed Chauzu.
- Ascended Glitch: Two example of this. Why does the party display insist on her being a Kogasa? Because she is transformed, of course. See AWOO's page for more information.
- Dating Catwoman/Foe Romance Subtext: Continually falls victim to Attract and Lovely Kiss from Lorelei's Mai, leading to the chat shipping Chauzu X Mai.
- Ditto Fighter: Touhoumon's equivalent of the Trope Namer, at least until she reaches level 20. The Daycare was used to speed up this process, and Recollection was later deleted.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her type, which was effective against many of the Champion's Bonéka.
- HeelFace Turn: She's been an heretic spy all along, and even when Koga was defeated, it was unsure if she really sided with Lady Sanae, as she attacked Momiji and barely helped in important battles. However, when the team finally reached Green, the Champion and leader of the heretics, she was the only one left standing, and despite all odds, she beat Green by spamming Signal Beam.
- Name's the Same: As Chauzu_VGC, as the voices ordered Amber to honor him.
- The Mole: Thought to have been a spy sent by Koga, or Koga himself, all along. It would explain why the chat couldn't find him in the gym and why the sidebar showed her correct species just before beating him; he took off his disguise.
- Sharp Dressed Woman: Her held item has been a Blazer ever since its acquisition in Bonéka Tower. note Which means that Lorelei's Mai's Knock Off attack is stripping her.
- We Named the Monkey "Jack": Named after a prominent mob member who fell to the streamer's wrath.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Recollection has been deleted, leaving her with only Mirror Shot as a move. This surprisingly makes her one of the best damage dealing party members simply because she has no non-damaging moves.
A (Book Jesus)A familiarly-named CTokiko. She evolved to Tokiko at level 25 in Democracy.
- Badass Bookworm: Portrayed as this. That's where the "Book Jesus" nickname comes from.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: Defeats Giovanni's AKeine with headbutts.
- Call-Back: Her name is the same as two past protagonists and a past party member, and her role (and thus nickname) is a reference to Bird Jesus.
- Determinator: Between Roost and her sheer bulk, it takes a lot to take her down.
- Genius Bruiser: Not only she has got good attack, decent defenses and good speed, but she is also portrayed as a bookworm.
- Name's the Same: As AAtatat's first Ekans.
- Running Gag: By far not the first TPP character with her in-game name.
- Throw the Book at Them: Frequently depicted fighting by smacking other Touhoumon upside the head with her book.
AUUUUABBBB (AWOO, Lord Wood, Wood Jesus)A CMomiji caught on Route 25 and brought into the party in democracy after dropping off XXXXXXXXQk in the Daycare. Evolved to Momiji after fighting ghosts for half a day. May be the flip side of Butterbae's soul (explanation in Butterbae's section).
- Ascended Glitch: Shared with Satori and CMeiling, she flashes on the party display. It first happened with AWOO and CMeiling, then Satori was moved in first place and started flashing together with AWOO. Why? AWOO realized there was a spy in the team, she thought it was Meiling, and tried to fight her, before turning her attention to Satori, who attacked her during a Double Battle.
- Ascended Meme: In a sense. An "AWOO" emote◊ was made for her using a Twitch emoticon extension.
- Call-Back: To the protagonist of Twitch Plays Pokémon HeartGold, who was thought to be a werewolf.
- Eye Scream: Its sword is so big it stabs AM in the eye.
- Face Your Fears: She's scared by fire, since she's really (4x) weak to it. In Blaine's gym, however, after Tokiko swept through most of his team, she was left alone against Blaine's last Pokèmon, who could end her with a Flare Blitz. Guess what? Momiji won.
- Force and Finesse: AWOO is the forceful side, compared to her Moémon counterpart's finesse.
- The Lancer: She is this to Sanae.
- Mighty Lumberjack: Between the maple leaf, her knowing Cut, and her cry sounding like wood falling on the floor, she has been interpreted as being one.
BB the CirnoA CCirno that was highly coveted by the mob, and then placed in daycare to have it catch up with the rest of the team. Evolved into Cirno after defeating Giovanni's Suika.
- An Ice Person
- Memetic Badass: Defeating the PC does that.
- Resurrective Immortality: Was released in democracy, but came right back because she was the only mon with Surf (an anti-Unwinnable by Insanity feature). An unprecedented twist for TPP, after losing dozens of mons to the normally invincible PC in previous runs. Amusingly, this is consistent with how fairies are portrayed in Touhou, as being able to resurrect after being killed.
Mima (Lady Mima, Isamima)The legendary Mima found on top of Mt. Ember, caught at level 50 in Democracy using the Lunatic Orb. Depicted as Lady Sanae's mother and an even more powerful being than her daughter.
- Bigger Bad: She's acknowledged as an evil goddess of chaos and destruction that ruled over the world for years.
- Casting a Shadow
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: The party overlay has her shown as Isami Asama, who is completely smashed with a couple of mugs of beer. Naturally, Mima was quickly associated with drinking as well.
- I Shall Taunt You: Learned Taunt during a battle against Lorelei, overwriting Dark Pulse in the process.
AHHIAHATUUU (I hate you)A CNazrin caught on Route 1.
Aghicccccd (Hiccup)A CStar Sapphire caught in Viridian Forest, filling out the team.
- Angrish: What her name sounds like.
A pair of nameless CSunny.
, (Commachu)A CNazrin.
- History Repeats: A rodent with a single bit of punctuation for a name, just like Apostrachu and Exclamachu.
An unnamed CNazrin.
An unnamed CDaiyousei that was eventually renamed.
ag 66 ITTT
AAAAAAAAAA the CToyohimeA CToyohime picked up in the Saffron City dojo.
At the daycare
AM the CMeiling (The Morning Gatekeeper, Chun Li)A CMeiling caught on Route 8. Currently serving as a HM slave.
Mai (Chauzu's Waifu)A Bonéka belonging to Lorelei of the Elite Four. Her frequent usage of Attract on Chauzu the Satori led to both it and its namesake being shipped with her. The rest of her moveset only supports this idea.
- Foe Romance Subtext: Uses Attract on Chauzu, (Lovely) kisses her and even removes her clothes with Knock Off. Of course, every meeting between then ends with one of them getting knocked out.
- Kiss-Kiss-Slap: Usually uses Lovely Kiss before her damaging moves regardless of opponent, and both Attract and Lovely Kiss against Chauzu.
- Shameful Strip: When she uses Knock Off on Chauzu.
AAtatat (AT-AT, Ratat, Athena)A girl from Pallet Town. She chose Charmander as her starter.
- All of the Other Reindeer: In some depictions, she was bullied before the start of her run.
- Amazon Brigade: See Amber's entry. This time, it's just personifications of regular Pokemon.
- Ambiguously Human: Given her name, some think she's a Rattata Moemon.
- Cool Mask: In some lore, she is pictured as wearing a black respirator.
- Identical Stranger: She's either this or the exact same person as Amber. It helps to know that their adventures are taking place within the same continent.
- No Sense of Direction: The Mob meant for her to stay in Diglett's Cave. She ended up in Pallet Town.
GreenAAtatat's rival. He chose Squirtle.
- Anti-Climax Boss: Could have easily defeated AAtatat if he hadn't used Hydropump on a Water Absorb Vaporeon during the final battle.
DEKU and REVO
DEKU and REVOThe player character and rival from the post-crash new game on day 8. Were erased shortly after character generation.
- Five-Man Band
FFF the Charizard (Ffffffff..., Effie, White)A Charmander chosen as AAtatat's starter. It won the first battle against Green, and evolved into Charizard.
- Ascended Fanon: She is often portrayed with a nearly all-white color scheme. The official Moemon project decided to make the Charmander family line's shiny form white in honor of her (as opposed to the official gold (Charmander, Charmeleon) and black (Charizard) scheme of the actual games).
- Heroic Albino: Her name is the color symbol for white, so she's sometimes drawn as an albino.
- History Repeats: Yet another Fire starter. She also uses growl a lot, like the Charmander from the previous run. Notably Averted the fire starter curse, though, making her the first fire starter when releasing wasn't disabled completely to survive a run.
- The Trickster: Her Nature is Naughty.
T the Pidgeot (Miss T, Girl Jesus)A Pidgey who became one of the strongest members of the team other than FFF.
Butterbae the Butterfree (Bug Waifu)An unnamed Caterpie who quickly became a fan favorite. It was successfully evolved to Metapod at Level 7 and to Butterfree at Level 10, both times using Democracy. It was later renamed to Butterbae in democracy.
- Ascended Meme: Butterfree (at the time a Caterpie) was not originally given a nickname when it was caught, but "Butterbae" was basically a universal Fan Nickname among the community. This ended up becoming its actual in-game name through democracy.
- Force and Finesse: The Finesse to AWOO's Force. Explanation
- History Repeats: This isn't the first time an early-game bug-type caught the chat's interest.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: The Mob first encountered Moe-Butterfree via Teachy TV and decided they wanted their own. They got it.
- The Smart Girl: Earns this place in the Five-Man Band by virtue of her heavy use of status effects which allowed her to take out three of Blaine's Moemon despite being weak against fire.
- Worth It: The mob extended Democracy twice in a row to ensure that Butterfree would be obtained at the earliest level possible.
AHHHHHIIII the DugtrioA Dugtrio caught in Diglett's Cave. It was already on par with T and FFF when captured, making its acquisition into the party a priority.
- Ace Pilot: Learned the move Aerial Ace, which people interpreted as her spontaneously taking off with a plane.
- Crutch Character: When captured, she was at a very high level compared to what most of the party was at; even T and FFF were only around the same level. By the end, she was horribly underleveled and her purpose was to sit in the first party slot to get destroyed so that Electabuzz could sweep Lorelei while still having Vaporeon lead off against all future members of the Elite Four.
- Sacrificial Lamb: The strategy for beating the Elite Four involved sending her out first to get destroyed so that Electabuzz could sweep Lorelei without being in the first position against Bruno.
- The Un-Favourite: Between her low level, ground type, and not at all fanservicey design, much of the mob consider her to be The Scrappy.
ACCCIOOWWW the Vaporeon (Baeporeon)Originally an Eevee collected in Celadon City, the chat resolved to evolve it in order to have a surf-capable -mon for later.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Her nature is Quiet, and she pretty much soloed the Elite Four from Bruno on.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Completely walled by Water-types (especially Lorelei's Lapras due to Water Absorb and Ice typing) due to only knowing Water- and Ice-type moves.
- History Repeats: Even without the Curse of the Fire Starter, it's still a Water-type who ends up The Hero.
- Making a Splash: Knows both Surf and Water Pulse.
AAAVX the ElectabuzzCaught in the power plant. After a fraction of the mob switched AAACCCVV out for Lady Helix, everybody else decided that a level 5 'mon with redundant types was NOT what the party needed, and hastily withdrew AAAVX instead before democracy ran out.
AAACCCVV the Vileplume (Goddish [as an Oddish], All Cabbage Vehicle/All Cabbage Vegetable)An Oddish. Stood out for holding out much longer against Giovanni's mons than her low level would have assumed. Evolved to Gloom in Democracy and was immediately given a Leaf Stone.
- Ambiguously Gay: Briefly knew Attract despite male Moemon being restricted to the few species that are always male in the original game. This is the most common interpretation, with some theorizing that Butterbae (who almost received the TM before ACV did instead) might be her lover.
- Call-Back: A dual Shout-Out to Cabbage the White and All Terrain Venomoth who shares the latter's penchant for taking down foes of a higher level than itself.
- Parasol of Prettiness: Made of a rafflesia flower. May overlap with Parasol of Pain if she uses it for her Cut somehow or if she learns Petal Dance.
A Rattata, the first capture of the game. Was the first to learn Cut, but was eventually boxed after AAACCCVV's "Goddish" run.
Two Zubat captured in Mt. Moon. Neither has a nickname.
An unnamed Geodude captured in Mt. Moon.
An unnamed Rattata.
Two unnamed Ekans.
An Ekans with a familiar name.
- Name's the Same: As AAABBHM's Tokiko.
ATTTTZ ST the Spearow (Saint Attttz/Atz/Attiz, Saint AT&T, Attttz Street)A Spearow thought to be a follower of Bird Jesus.
A Pidgey that was accidentally captured while the Mob was trying to guide AAABBHM through Lt. Surge's trashcan puzzle.
Fff the HitmonchanPicked up at the Saffron dojo.
MQONhttt the Illumise (Moon Hat)An Illumise captured during the postgame, remarkable only for the fact that she actually received a nickname and that said nickname didn't consist primarily of a single letter repeated multiple times.
At the daycare:
AA the Magikarp (Baba)A Magikarp purchased at the Mt. Moon Pokémon Center to complete the party. The chat is currently waiting for her to complete her training at the daycare.
- The Load: A species trait.
The Ivysaur Brigade
Six Ivysaur that appeared out of nowhere due to a glitch at the Daycare. All six were at level 2 and we're displayed as being at 119% of maximum health. They were erased when the game was restored to an earlier save state.