open/close all folders
AAAAAAA ("A7", "Adam", "Thomas", "Arizona")A mysterious trainer with former ties to Team Snagem. After a HeelFace Turn, he steals the Snag Machine and sets off to explore the Orre region, getting wrapped up in the Shadow Pokemon plot in the process.
- Action Survivor: If one goes by the "Orre is set After the End" Theory, then A7 had survived a long time before being taken in by Team Snagem.
- Badass Biker: Comes with a side car so Rui can ride, too!
- Call-Back: Looks like he's not the only protagonist who buys Awakenings in bulk. They're both blonde, too.
- Character Tics: Watching the news and checking his PDA.
- Chivalrous Pervert: See Covert Pervert.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: In some of the interpretations, he's portrayed as this. Rui usually serves as his Straight Man.
- Covert Pervert: As far as the mob is concerned, what with his seeming obsession of having Rui follow him into the bedroom. Some lore portrays this as them doing something innocent like helping A7's Pokemon relax or just resting in a platonic way.
- Dark and Troubled Past: One interpretation of him is that he's the player character from Pokemon Channel... who saw his Pikachu die.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Go Mad from the Isolation: What seems to have happened to him after the loss of his Pikachu before the events of the game.
- HeelFace Turn: The story begins with one of these.
- Keet: Sometimes portrayed as this.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: At least one interpretation◊ of why he joined Team Snagem is because he let his Pikachu die.
- Irony: He buys Awakenings like there's no tomorrow in the only game that doesn't necessarily need them, thanks to the "Call" function.
- Meaningful Name: His "Arizona" nickname is 7 letters long, and references the fact that the region is taking place in the Pokemon world equivalent to the U.S. state Arizona.
- Just Like Robin Hood: His ultimate goal, seeing as he steals Shadow Pokemon to purify the darkness within them.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: He starts off his journey stealing high grade technology, which itself is a machine made for stealing other people's Pokemon. Although it's somewhat Justified this time around, seeing that he mainly steals them to purify the darkness in their hearts.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Somewhat subverted, as at least one theory states that AAAAAAA or A7 is his nickname/codename and that Thomas is his real name.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: His "Thomas" nickname. It has nothing to do with AAAAAAA, coming instead from the random name Twitch got when doing Free Battles at the start of the run.
- Primary-Color Champion: Blue outfit with red accents and mostly yellow-gold skin, eyes, and hair.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: Being a thief from Team Snagem who continues to steal Pokemon from their trainers, the eye motif fits.
RuiA mysterious girl that AAAAAAA saves from some thugs. She has the unique ability to sense Shadow Pokemon.
- Aerith and Bob: Rui is still a very unusual name, but it's downright normal compared to the enigma that is AAAAAAA. Inverted if A7 is used as his nickname.
- Heroes Want Redheads: If her constant companionship with A7 is any indication.
- Psychic Block Defense: She's immune to the Voices, blocking them from assigning her anything but the default name and following A7 around to make sure he doesn't get in any trouble.
- The Straight Man: In works where A7 is portrayed as a Keet.
Teams Cipher and Snagem
EviceThe mysterious leader of Team Cipher in Colosseum. It's revealed that he is actually Mayor Es Cade of Phenac.
NascourA demonic looking man who works for Team Cipher. He is ranked higher than the Cipher Admins, yet answers to the Team's mysterious leader.
GonzapThe leader of Team Snagem. A buff and angry man who pursues AAAAAAA across Orre to get back his Snag Machine.
Miror B.One of the Cipher Admins, Miror B is a disco man who fights using Ludicolo.
DakimOne of the Cipher Admins, Dakim is a large and imposing figure.
VenusOne of the Cipher Admins, Venus is a star in the Under, and uses her fame to control the city with propaganda.
EinOne of the Cipher Admins, Ein is a cold scientist responsible for the creation of Shadow Pokemon.
ABLLLVVVVV♀ the Espeon ("Ally," "Nacho")One of AAAAAAA's starter Pokemon, along with Umbreon. He started at level 25.
Umbreon ("Scumbreon," "Taco")One of AAAAAAA's starter Pokemon, along with Espeon. He started at level 26.
Meganium ("Leaf Cena," "Luchaleaf," "Shotaleaf")AAAAAAA's first captured Shadow Pokemon, captured in Phenac City. Eventually evolved into a Meganium on day six.
- Ascended Glitch: As a Bayleef, one of the many graphical glitches in the game made it look like he was wearing a red facemask like a wrestler or luchador. Consequently, fanworks began depicting him as a wrestler.
AAAAKLV the Jumpluff ("Loliloom")AAAAAAA's second captured Shadow Pokemon, captured in Pyrite Town. It was purified and later evolved into Jumpluff.
AAAAAAAAAA the Misdreavus ("A10")A Shadow Misdreavus captured in Pyrite. It later became the first Pokemon purified in Agate Village.
UUUUV??? the Quagsire ("Quagfuhrer," "Spocksire," "Sunnysire," "UV Rays?")A Shadow Quagsire captured in Pyrite.
FlaffyA Shadow Flaffy captured in Pyrite.
PlusieA Plusle received from Duking.