Characters who appear in Twisted Cogs.
A Caelator who has a temper but truly believes in art. She doesn't start out as the happiest person, but by the end she at least has respect for Elena and is shown in a more positive light.
- Berserk Button: Breaking her supplies. She became a screaming fit when it happened.
- Also, disrespecting art. It is Serious Business to her and those who disrespect it may find themselves on the wrong end of her metal brushes.
- Big Sister Instinct: Not at first, but she comes to be protective of Elena because of her naive nature. So much so, she initiated an attack on another studio based on a slight to Elena.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Apparently had this bad when she started at the studio. It cooled down, but she still has a temper.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her hostility, she is one of the most honest if blunt characters shown, and she believes in building herself up as an artist to stay at the studio instead of bringing other artists down.
- Berserk Button: Whether it was based on principles or because it was happening to Elena, he didn't take the fact that her mother was abusing her very well.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Very friendly and charming, as well as an excellent fighter.
- The Champion: As the only sagittari in the studio, he defends the studio constantly. This allows some perks such as not really having to worry or work as much as everyone else.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest guys in the setting.
- Realizing that Arturo had a crush on Elena didn't elicit any open hostility in him.
The protagonist whose journey To Be a Master artist is chronicled throughout the story. Elena is new to the city and just wants to be a good Fabera, but soon finds herself in the middle of studio politics, Ancient Conspiracy, and a lot of Character Development, both good and bad. Currently the de facto The Leader of the studio Da Rose.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Admit it. Her storm is this. It lets her automatically learn about the workings of just about anything as long as she tricks herself into thinking she owns it. ANYTHING.
- Action Girl: She's growing into this, though she's mostly trying to grow into a young woman who is confident in her abilities than an outright fighter. She definitely becomes an Action Girl when she defeats Patchwork in 3.3.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Elena feels like this when she begins in Studio De Luca and again when she starts at Da Rose.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Could be considered this for Master Da Rose. She's trying to fix the entire studio for the better while he could care less.
- Nice Girl: One of the kindest characters in the books. As an example, one of the first projects she creates after starting the competition for her job is making better tools for her fellow competitors.
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't see that Arturo has crush on her.
- Perpetual Smiler: As described in the first chapter, having big green eyes along with smiling perpetually is why she still appears childlike.
- Rule-Abiding Rebel: She's trying to be this because it means she can give her studio a competitive edge in the competition while not having to worry about any major consequences.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Very naïve and overly trusting. It starts to disappear throughout the story.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Usually inverted. Since he's almost always serious, his OOC moments are usually happiness and cheer when things are going well.
- Tenor Boy: Explicitly described as having a "strong tenor voice" in the first chapter.
One of, if not the very first person Elena officially meets in Milia. Kind and supportive to her face, though he does have a dark side.
- Agony Beam: Actually, an agony touch. It makes him a very good asset to the studio.
- Only Friend: To Elena while she's at the Da Rose studio.