BEWARE OF SPOILERS. Due to the nature of the show, with its many Walking Spoiler characters, twists, and turns, the only spoilers whited out are those for the current season "24: Live Another Day". Proceed with caution!
President of the Islamic Republic of Kamistan who was set to sign a peace treaty with America that day, but his own brother and members of his government conspired against him to kill him and ultimately succeeded.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: A former IRK Army officer, he helps Jack kill some American commandos trying to capture him.
- Cain and Abel: He's the Abel to Farhad's Cain.
- The Charmer: Very charismatic and had the gift of gab (used to be a salesman).
- Defiant to the End/Face Death with Dignity: Even when Mehran held him prisoner and tortured him, he refused to give in to his demand of listing off his "crimes", and remained calm all the way up until his throat was slit.
- Fallen Hero: Unusually, the terrorists see him as this.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Willingly turns himself over to the men who want to kill him, so that they won't detonate a dirty bomb. He even says that he cannot live with thousands of people dying just to save his life.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: To the West, he is a dictator. To his own country, he is an American puppet.
- Our Hero Is Dead
- Our Presidents Are Different
- Papa Wolf
- Properly Paranoid: Gets steadily more paranoid after his own brother betrays him. This results in him arresting people on the barest of suspicions, up to and including his own head of security. The head of security turns out to, in fact, be in league with the terrorists.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Although more Lawful Neutral during the period of time where he goes overboard in trying to weed out traitors after the first assassination attempt.
- Sacrificial Lion
- Senseless Sacrifice: His death was for nothing as the peace treaty he was trying to sign was built on a lie and his own widow turns his country against the West again.
- Slashed Throat
- Stuffed in the Fridge
The wife of Omar Hassan and eventually the acting President of the IRK.
- Create Your Own Villain: Dalia got tired of her country getting used as a pawn by the US and Russia so she pulls out of the peace agreement and reactivates the IRK's nuclear program.
- Determined Widow
- Expy: Of Benazir Bhutto and possibly Corazon Aquino.
- FaceHeel Turn: After finding out about Pres. Taylor covered up Russia's involvement in her husband's death.
- Iron Lady
- Playing Gertrude: The actress who portrayed Dalia Hassan, Necar Zadegan, is only 67 days older than the actress that plays her daughter, Nazneen Contractor.
- You Are in Command Now: Following Omar's death.
The daughter of Omar and Dalia Hassan.
The brother to President Omar Hassan, who opposes the peace treaty because he thinks it would make the IRK look weak.
- Cain and Abel: He's the Cain to Omar's Abel.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He turns on the rest of the Kamistani terrorists after Samir Mehran reveals his intentions to use the nuclear rods to blow up Manhattan, although probably just since he knew the USA would retaliate.
- HeelFace Turn: After his Dragon changes the plan for the rods.
- HeelFace Door-Slam
- Hot-Blooded: Not as cool as his brother.
- Kingmaker Scenario: Was gonna have Omar replaced.
- Redemption Equals Death: Gets killed by one of Samir's men after trying to turn himself in to CTU.
- Too Dumb to Live: He trusts the terrorists far more than he should.
Omar Hassan's chief of security and daughter's boyfriend, secretly in league with the IRK opposition.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Single-handedly eliminates three NYPD officers sent to apprehend him, who attempted to do so on their own against Jack's orders.
- Bodyguard Crush
- Manipulative Bastard: After kidnapping Kayla Hassan and taking her to Samir Mehran, he pretends to die freeing her just to send her to CTU with an EMP, which they were intending to use to kill her too, although he does seem regretful over it.
- The Mole: Double Subverted.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: After he kidnaps President Hassan, Jack almost catches up to him, but he has Hassan transferred to another car in a parking garage and drives off the top of it to create a diversion, killing himself. Also happens in an unintended manner, as his mobile phone survives the crash undamaged, and what Jack finds on it exposes The Mole and ultimately ends up blowing the conspiracy wide open.
- Noble Top Enforcer: He even insists he is this after his betrayal is revealed.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Said to President Hassan after the man gave himself up to save Manhattan from his and Samir Mehran's dirty bomb:"You think I don't know you, Omar? I watched over you day and night, remember? Watched while you betrayed your own wife with a western whore. You care for nothing but yourself."
- Shirtless Scene
Terrorist leader working with Farhad to blow up Manhattan and kill Omar Hassan.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Essentially; his goal of stopping the peace treaty from being signed was accomplished, and chances are he was willing to die for his cause and didn't care what happened to his Russian co-conspirators.
- Beard of Evil
- Broken Pedestal: Used to idolize Pres. Hassan.
- Disc-One Final Boss
- Even Evil Has Standards: He claims he does not wish to kill innocent civilians, and actually keeps his word and stops the bomb when his demands are met.
- The Starscream: He turns on Farhad when he gets the rods.
- Unwitting Pawn: To the Russians.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He is killed by a Russian assassin after he succeeds in killing President Hassan.
Member of the Kamistani Splinter Cell who is turned into a suicide bomber to kill Farhad Hassan.