BEWARE OF SPOILERS. Due to the nature of the show, with its many Walking Spoiler characters, twists, and turns, the only spoilers whited out are those for the current season "24: Live Another Day". Proceed with caution!
A former Al-Qaeda operative who masterminded a plot to commandeer U.S. drones during Day 9. This was part of an effort to assassinate the visiting U.S. President James Heller, in revenge for the drone attack that killed her husband. Margot's children, Simone and Ian, assisted her in her mission.
- Abusive Parents: She willingly sends her daughter as a whore and cuts her finger to keep her husband on the line. She also pulls a gun on her son when he suggests that maybe they flee after their location is leaked.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Subverted, as Chloe successfully took control of the drone's camera feed to fake Heller's death.
- Character Death: Jack throws her out a window, killing her.
- Defiant to the End: Even as her base of operations gets surrounded she chooses to hold a last stand rather than flee, and seconds before Jack kills her she curses him and President Heller out.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Like Abu Fayed before her, she acts as the primary threat from the very start of the season and isn't working under anyone else, but gets killed in the latter part of the season, letting someone else take over as the Big Bad, by the same person who took over the position from Fayed no less.
- Disney Villain Death: With a bit of help from Jack.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her having one of her own daughter's fingers cut off to force her daughter's husband to keep aiding her demonstrates how ruthless and committed to her cause she is.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Heller offers up his own life, she promises not to go after further civilian casualties once he's dead, and her conversation afterwards with her son indicates that she meant it note . Though it's also for quite practical reasons, as she'd lose any shred of credibility she has left if she continued going after innocents after completing her primary objective.
- Evil Matriarch: Of the Al-Harazi family; she's the one in charge, and is easily the most ruthless and dedicated.
- Expy: Given the actress, it's pretty easy to see her as what would have happened if Catelyn Stark had a rather darker reaction to her husband's death.
- Genre Savvy/Genre Blind: Switches back and forth. She recognizes Naveed as a security leak, and so kills him right away. But then she orders Naveed's family to be killed, too, despite Simone's assurance that they know nothing, which causes Simone to have doubts about her mission. Later, when she and Ian finally goes after Simone with drones, she is clever enough to recheck the car they've blown up.
- Hate Sink: She's a pretty despicable and unlikeable antagonist. She is ostensibly driven by familial love as she wants Revenge for the death of her husband, yet she is horribly abusive to her own children and unafraid to berate and even mutilate them to keep them in line, and perfectly willing to murder non-blood relatives who step out of line or are a threat to her plans. She has a severe case of Moral Myopia as the husband in question was a notorious murderous terrorist and both he and she were perfectly happy to kill thousands of people for ideological reasons, but nonetheless treats it as absolutely outrageous that people would target her or her family or that the family in question would turn against her.
- Hero Killer: Out of all of the adversaries that were related to James Heller, she is the one that personally killed him, using a drone strike on him. It later turns out to been a setup, however, as Heller survives due to Chloe's last-minute intervention.
- Hypocrite: Thinks that President Heller is a monster for causing the deaths of innocent children in the attack that killed her husband (a terrorist, who himself killed children), even though Heller had no idea, the deaths were an accident, and he is clearly horrified after discovering the truth. Margot, as the Would Hurt A Child trope below demonstrates, has zero problem ordering the deaths of children herself, intentionally in her case even if they aren't a threat at all, and does so without batting an eye.
- Noble Demon: Monstrous as she is, she keeps her word and destroys the drones after Heller's apparent death. She specifically points out doing this to prove that a terrorist can keep their word.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The character seems to be inspired by "The White Widow" Samantha Louthwaite, Real Life wife of one of the 7/7 London bombers, or at least the popular perception of her as a terrorist mastermind rather than the wife of a suicide bomber turned low-level financier and supporter. The fact that both are white British women who are the widows of terrorists and bring their children into the world of Islamic terrorism makes it likely she was the basis of this character.
- Offing the Offspring: Attempts to do this to Simone, but fails.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The drone hijackings are all in an effort to avenge her husband's death, who was killed in an operation approved by President Heller.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She's essentially a Distaff Counterpart to Victor Drazen from the first season turned Up to Eleven: both of them are seeking revenge against a major governmental figurehead for the death of their spouse and are teaming up with their children to achieve it by any means necessary, but in her case she's even willing to harm her own offspring if it helps her, a line even Victor would have thought twice about before crossing.
- Villainous Breakdown: After discovering that Heller's death was faked, she gradually begins losing her composure.
- Western Terrorists: A white British woman whose Middle Eastern husband turned out to be a terrorist and quickly indoctrinated her.
- Would Hurt a Child: Orders the death of her daughter's niece just in case Naveed managed to tell her anything before his death. This is enough to get even the previously loyal Simone to start having doubts about her.
The daughter of Margot, and a major terrorist operative in her mother's mission to assassinate President James Heller.
- Accidental Murder: Accidentally stabbed her sister-in-law to death, ironically enough while trying to calm her down and warn her to escape from London.
- Butt-Monkey: Out of all the members of the Al-Harazi family, she easily winds up suffering the most abuse: her hand is mutilated on her mother's orders, she watches her husband get killed, she accidentally kills her sister-in-law which earns her the permanent hatred of her niece, she gets hit by a bus, and her mother repeatedly tries to have her killed. Jack even gets fed up with her attitude and in a rare uncharacteristic move starts actively insulting her.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Margot ordering the death of Naveed's sister and niece seems to be one ruthless act too many for her.
- Evil Redhead: Like her mother.
- Fingore: On her mother's orders, no less.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Her moral compass swings five times in as many hours. First she tries to abandon Margot and run away with Naveed, then betrays and lets Naveed die, then tries to disobey Margot by warning Farah and Yasmin (but accidentally kills the former anyway), then refuses to give Jack information, and then finally betrays Margot for good after seeing the destruction at the hospital.
- Honey Trap: For Derrick Yates.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: When she was with Yates while undercover.
- She Knows Too Much/You Have Failed Me: The reasons her mother has ordered her death.
- Redemption Equals Death: Possibly. After she betrays the location of Margot's house to Kate, Simone goes into shock—her fate is never made clear.
- Sole Survivor: Of the Al-Harazi family (possibly).
- Too Dumb to Live/Genre Blind: Simone, if your mother was willing to mutilate you even when you were still 100% on her side, then yes, she'd most definitely be willing to see you dead too.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Is last seen going into a seizure during surgery, and is never mentioned again.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Escapes from Jack by literally wounding herself and claiming he's a madman who attacked her.
A member of the Al-Harazi family and the technological expert for their revenge mission during Day 9.
- Big "YES!": After when he believed to have killed his sister Simone, Kate Morgan, and Jack Bauer with a drone strike. He does one in a Boris Grishenko sorta way.
- Character Death: Jack pulls him out of a window, letting him fall to the ground.
- Disney Villain Death: With a bit of help from Jack.
- The Dragon: He is one to his mother.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He has some grievances about Margot killing Naveed in front of Simone.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: At first he looks like a typical Playful Hacker, who doesn't talk much. Turns out he is actually a capable drone pilot and is willing to follow his mother's order to drone-bomb his own sister, along with god knows how many civilians in the process. By the end of it all, he's shown to be even more bloodthirsty than his mother, and still wants to use the drones to cause death and destruction on a massive scale even after Heller supposedly sacrifices himself. It's only the fact that he's still somewhat afraid of his mother that prevents him from outright turning into The Starscream.
The husband of Simone Al-Harazi and drone pilot for the Al-Harazi family's revenge plot during Day 9.
- Boom, Headshot!: How Margot kills him.
- Butt-Monkey: Nobody respects him. Not his mother-in-law. Not his brother-in-law. Not even his wife.
- Character Death: Margot shoots him in the head.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite being an Al-Queda operative, he starts getting cold feet at the thought of killing innocents via drone strikes.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: He attempts to stop Margot's plan, but she puts a halt to his efforts before he can achieve anything.
- My God, What Have I Done?: A preemptive one, as it suddenly hits him that Margot's plan will have real mass casualties on the very day of the attack, forcing her to take drastic measures to keep him in line.
- Token Good Teammate: For the Al-Harazi family.
- Too Dumb to Live: The poor bastard just keeps refusing to believe his wife is a true believer in her mother's cause, right up until it gets him killed.
Farah & Yasmin Azizan
Respectively Naveed's sister and niece.
- Innocence Lost: While talking to Kate, a very frightened Yasmin reveals Simone said she tried to help them. Then Simone accidentally killed her, and she had this to say about Simone — "I hope she dies".
- Infant Immortality: Yasmin's mother dies but she survives. Kate also successfully evacuates her from the hospital before one of the drones starts to blow it up.
- Trauma Conga Line: In just a few hours Yasmin has lost her uncle, her mother, and nearly been blown up in a terrorist attack. This kid is definitely going to need therapy down the line.
A British computer hacker who was responsible for hacking a drone used by the U.S. military and causing the deaths of four soldiers, staging it as an act of friendly fire. Yates had also been in possession of a device that allowed him to hack into military drones, which he intended to sell to Margot Al-Harazi.
- Asshole Victim: He was such an idiotic self-absorbed dick it's hard to feel sorry for him when Simone kills him.
- Character Death: Simone stabs him through the skull with a stiletto blade, killing him.
- Only in It for the Money: Everything he does is solely motivated by greed, which was also why he was ousted from Adrian's organization.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Although he was right about Margot betraying him, he falsely believed that Jack was an agent of hers sent to eliminate him, failing to realize that her agent had actually been with him the entire time.
A German arms dealer who Jack used to work for; sabotaging his operations and covertly working to bring his clients down. Has worked for Margot Al Harazi forcing Jack to attempt to regain his cover.