Donald "Don" Harris
The husband of Alice and father of Tammy and Andy.
- Ax-Crazy: After the virus takes him, he spirals into this within seconds, but hes a notable case in that hes smart enough to be somewhat aware of what hes doing, and enjoy it.
- Almighty Janitor: According to him he 'runs the place' and has access to pretty much everywhere.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: He's infected via saliva when he kisses his (unknown to him) infected wife.
- Decoy Protagonist: Despite the film opening with him and following him for a good bit, he's not the protagonist.
- Idiot Ball: Breaking into a quarantined laboratory and kissing your clearly infected wife was quite the boneheaded decision.
- It Can Think: As an Infected, Don seems to be fairly intelligent and stalks his children instead of rushing towards them and getting killed by any other Infected would. He also manages to escape the room that Alice was confined to, a room that requires a keycard to get in and out, by using said keycard. His final act that showcases his above average intelligence is inflicting a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Scarlet Ross with her own gun, tool usage not being used by said infected until that point.
The daughter of Don and Alice and older sister to Andy. Unlike her mother and brother, she has no heterochromial eye colours, presumably taking more characteristics from her father. She originally lives with her family in a house in London where they were able to get by financially, but her parents barely manage to pay for a school trip to Spain. Eventually, Andy and Tammy come back to London in District 1.
The son of Don and Alice and younger brother to Tammy. Like his mother, he has heterochromatic eye colours.
The wife of Don and mother of Tammy and Andy. One of her most distinguished features was that she has heterochromatic eye color, which she passes onto Andy.
- Eye Scream: One of the more memorably awful cases in recent cinema.
- No Holds Barred Beat Down: On the receiving end of one from an infected Don, and by GOD is it a nasty way to go.
- Shared Unusual Trait: Both she and her son have heterochromia iridium.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Her status as a carrier ultimately decimates Britain yet again.
Brigadier General Stone
A high-ranking member of the United States Army's 82nd Airborne Division. Following the original outbreak of the Rage virus and subsequent demise of all Infected of starvation, Stone is chosen to lead a force of 7,000 NATO troops, under U.S. supervision, into London and begin work to make an area habitable for re-habitation by British refugees.
- Kill 'Em All: Orders U.S troops to do this to everyone in District One after effeorts to contain the infected fail.Stone: Abandon selective targeting. Shoot everything. We've lost control.
- No Kill Like Overkill: After efforts to contain and cull only the infected fail, Stone orders his men to shoot everything that moves and bomb District One to the ground.
- Whatever Happened to the Mouse?: He disappears from the film after he sees the Infected escape into London.
Major Scarlet Levy
Chief medical officer of District 1. She becomes one of the foremost experts in the Rage Virus following the original outbreak and assists in the creation of the military camps in Britain to protect survivors stranded in the country, and refugee camps to house any British citizens who escaped quarantine of the British Isles.
A Delta marksman with the rooftop observation unit of District 1. He is an excellent marksman and expert on hand-to-hand combat. Doyle is good friends with an attack pilot named Flynn.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: A sniper in the U.S. Army's Delta Force. For those not in the know, Delta Force is one of (if not the) most elite military units in the world.
- Friendly Sniper: He comes off as one of the most compassionate characters in the series by far. He went against orders to kill survivors and risked his life to help two kids he barely knew. Sadly, he sacrifices his life to protect said kids.
- Kill It with Fire: He is burnt alive by flamethrower-wielding soldiers.
- Sacrificial Lion: He is killed helping Tammy and Andy get away from other American soldiers who have been ordered to kill any survivors (the outbreak had gotten out of hand).
A helicopter pilot in 160th SOAR and a family man. He and Doyle are assigned to the Delta detachment which joins the U.S.-led NATO force of 7,000 soldiers under Brigadier General Stone's command as they are assigned with patrolling District 1.