Here be spoilers!Back to the main character index.
Antonia Gavilán de Logroño
A powerful witch of the 17th Century. She manifests as a spirit to the witch Marnie Stonebrook.
- And I Must Scream : When Marnie forces her to stay. Believe it or not, Jesus saves her.
- Big Bad: Shares this role with Marnie.
- Bilingual Bonus: She speaks in archaic Spanish.
- Burn the Witch!!: She was burnt at the stake by the Catholic Church, which the vampires had a hand in.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She refuses to make innocents (read: humans) suffer.
- Freudian Excuse
- Ghostly Goals: Revenge against the vampires for her torture, rape and murder.
- HeelFace Turn: In the last episode of season 4, she saves Bill and Eric from being burned alive by Marnie. Her justification is that (1) she realized that violence only spawns more violence, (2) Marnie is insane, and (3) she would rather pass on peacefully to the afterlife than remain as a wraith for all eternity.]]
- Hot Witch
- The Medic: When she was alive, she primarily used her magic to heal the sick in her village, and worked as a midwife.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Antonia after witnessing the injured and dead people following the attack on the Festival of Tolerance.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: In the flashback scenes of her death, she can't manage to fight off a small group of vampires. Then, in the present, she wipes Eric's mind. Then she mind controls a vampire. Then several vampires. Now she can apparently teleport and set up nearly impenetrable force fields as well.
- Rape as Backstory
- Rape as Drama
- She Who Fights Monsters
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Her hatred of vampires is entirely justified, considering the rape and torture she endured at their hands.
- The Witch Behind the Witch: Subverted. It seemed this way at first, but when Antonia started getting second thoughts after what happened at the festival, it was Marnie who convinced her to stay.
The Progenitor and is supposedly the "first vampire", made in God's image. She's believed by many vampires to have been created before Adam and Eve, who, according to the Original Testament, were designed to sustain Lilith; her progeny in turn would be sustained by their children, the human race. Lilith is worshipped as a god by many vampires.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Of Season 5. Whatever she is, it's clear she's not entirely a hallucination. Especially after she fuses with Bill.
- Humanoid Abomination: After fusing with Bill when he drinks all of the blood
- Imaginary Friend/Not-So-Imaginary Friend
- Kill It with Fire: How Warlow destroyed her originally, using his faerie powers to blast open a hole in her resting place, allowing daylight to stream inside and do the rest.
- Manipulative Bitch: She's been telling each Authority member that they are chosen. This leads to them scheming against each other, and ultimately ends with Bill killing the two remaining members.
- Monster Progenitor
- Ms. Fanservice: Very beautiful.
- Fan Disservice: However she's often covered in blood.
- Naked on Arrival
- The Quiet One: She has a limited vocabulary.
- Until her Season 6 appearances.