The characters page for Trick & Treat.
As always, beware of SPOILERS.
It's revealed the reason why she's so naive and ditzy is because she's actually a familiar created by Charlotte a few months before the beginning of the game.
- Cessation of Existence: Possibly her fate in the Bad Ending.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Amelia is very naive and whimsical, according to Charlotte. Justified, since she's a familiar.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Loyal beyond question to Charlotte, to the point she'd stop at nothing to find her. However, she gains some humanity after befriending John and Richard and, afterward, the three chatter as if nothing ever happened.
- Genki Girl
- Familiar: Amelia is a familiar born from a pumpkin created by Charlotte.
- Ms. Fanservice: If you complete the game for the first time, Amelia can wear a steampunk dress in the second playthrough. The dress is...generous to say the least.
- Nice Hat: For her Halloween costume she wears an oversized pumpkin hat.
- No Social Skills: Leaving her loyalty to Charlotte aside, it takes her a while to warm up to John, and they're more friendly in the Bonus Room. In The Witches Tea Party she's also awkward when talking to Charlotte's witch friends.
- Only Friend: Richard believes she's this to Charlotte, in the Bad Ending. And since she's a newborn, Charlotte doesn't let her to go outside, at least until the events of Trick and Treat and befriending the mansion crew.
- Player Character
- Ship Tease: With John and Charlotte.
- Undying Loyalty: Amelia is very loyal to her master Charlotte. Its later explained that she is a familiar created to serve Charlotte.However, I want to do everything I can to help Miss Charlotte...to take care of her...I was born for her. I remember this more clearly than anything..
- Younger Than They Look: According to Word of God, Amelia was created months before the events of the game, but still looks like a teenager.
After Amelia gets caught in the mansion's deathly traps, Charlotte is angered and demands John and Richard to return Amelia safe back to her. After Amelia is found, Charlotte finds out that Richard is vampirized thanks to her grandmother Marilyn putting a curse on him 70 years ago because Charlotte rejected a date with him. In the end, the four become friends (possibly because of Charlotte feeling guilt for Richard's situation).
- A Day in the Limelight: The prequel The Witches Tea Party is focused on her.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: To Amelia. However, it's not that Amelia is a ditz per se, just that Amelia is a newborn familiar who's ignorant about common sense.You have no sense of direction at all. And....it'll be terrible if you tripped and broke your head or something..
- Cute Witch
- It Amused Me: According to Word of God, this is her reason for creating Amelia.
- Insufferable Genius: It's noted she's hostile to people who can't understand what she says, even when dumbed down. In The Witches Tea Party she's much more nicer, but it's justified since she has to deal with the naive newborn Amelia and the embittered and prejudiced Richard.
- Immortal Immaturity: Due to living for long, she can be Wise Beyond Their Years and acts as a Cool Big Sis to Amelia, but she's also a Spoiled Brat and an Insufferable Genius.
- Never My Fault: If Amelia ceases to exist in the Bad Ending, Charlotte blames Richard for it, even when the latter tries to explain that it was Charlotte's fault for barging into his mansion in the first place.
- Nice Hat: For Halloween, she wears a purple with hat. Apparently, she's only allowed to use it on that day with the excuse of a costume or else people will suspect her of being a witch.
- Oblivious to Love: Or rather, she's not interested about romance yet.
- Oh, Crap!: In the True Ending, after realizing that refusing to go on a date with Richard 70 years ago resulted in her grandmother transforming him into a vampire.
- Older Than They Look: Charlotte has the same youthful appearance she had 70 years ago. Justified, since witches age slower than normal humans.
- Pet the Dog: Although she's well known for her arrogance, Amelia states that she does have a kinder side. And in the True Ending she does thank John for finding Amelia and tries to make amends to Richard and help him with his vampirism. After the events of the game, she befriends Richard and John and even visits them frequently, despite stating before that she hated the mansion and its tomatoes. It's implied it might be out of guilt that Richard's condition was indirectly because of her.
- Pimped-Out Dress: She's always wearing them. Apparently, she makes them herself.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Supernatural Powers!: Especially in the Bad Ending, when she destroys the mansion, killing Richard and John along with it.
- Ship Tease: With Amelia and Richard.
- Supernatural Is Purple: She's a witch and dresses in purple colors.
- Spoiled Brat: While not a bad person, she's rude and inconsiderate for others. And it's not helped with Amelia, the tomatoes and Richard getting on her nerves.
- Sweet Tooth: The reason why Amelia and Charlotte entered Richard's mansion was to collect all the candy scattered around the place.I won't leave until I have all the candy in this house!
- Trademark Hated Food: Apparently Charlotte dislikes tomatoes and hates hanging around Richard's mansion because the place smells like them. It's become a running gag in The Witches Tea Party.
- Tsundere: Towards Amelia and Richard.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry / Tranquil Fury: In the Bad Ending after Amelia dies.
He has not aged past being a young man in 60 years thanks to him being at the wrong place at the wrong time when Marilyn cursed Richard. Both men now live together as immortal beings in an enchanted mansion given by Marilyn.
- Almighty Janitor: He's just a butler. He's also the one controling the magic of the mansion. Yes, that includes those deathly puzzles and traps.
- Ambiguously Human: While he was cursed too, it's unknown what's his status now. He looks human, but is possibly immortal...
- Battle Butler: There's are hints that he's a capable with weapons. The newspaper page in the library has an article describing him as a ruthless man efficient with weapons.
- And the Bonus Room implies he's the one in charge of the mansion's deathly puzzles and traps.
- Beware the Nice Ones: John is usually polite, elegant, and very calm. But he admits in the Bonus Room that he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty if he has to.
- He also states that he manages the magic of the enchanted mansion. Which means he was possibly the one activating the deathly traps that resulted in Game Overs for poor Amelia....Him admitting that he knew all along that Amelia and Charlotte were inhuman gives hints that he knew what he was doing.
- Bridal Carry: Gives one to an unconscious Amelia in the one of the True Endings
- But Thou Must!: If Amelia enters the dungeons and ignored John, thus not getting the flashlight, it results in a John invoking a Black Screen of Death out of nowhere and a instant game over the moment she tries to enter the dungeons.John: Please don't ignore me. (cue Non-Standard Game Over)
- Cool Mask: Wears a Phantom Of The Opera styled one, to hide his Mismatched Eyes. After a pep talk with Amelia in the Bonus Room, he stops wearing it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was a normal servant until he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw Marilyn cursing Richard and his transformation. Due to being a witness, John was cursed as well, gaining an unnatural bright blue eye and a long life. The newspapers in the library imply that he might have murdered the people who entered the mansion and rejected Richard.
- Fantastic Time Management: The Bonus Room states he uses the power of his glowing blue eye to manage the magic of Richard's mansion.
- He Knows Too Much: The reason why Marilyn cursed him.
- Hidden Depths: According to Word of God, there's more to him than it looks like.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: John usually does most of the work at the mansion while Richard does nothing much at all.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Averted. The Bonus Room reveals he has fully embraced his status as a monster, because he got to be immortal, have an exciting life and can use his newfound powers. He has also states that he would like to assist Marilyn someday, despite Richard's resentment towards her."I received an unnaturally long life because of Richard's curse...Even if I was treated as a monster, or a murderer...I take it as an adventure..
- The Jeeves: John is always well-dressed, unfailingly polite, and loyal to Richard...he's also much level-headed than Richard too.
- Occult Blue Eyes
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: In his casual outfit, he wears glasses, even when he can see perfectly without them.
- The Scapegoat: He was blamed for Richard's dissapearance around his country, after the latter was transformed into a vampire and forced to hide from the public. The Bonus Room reveals he doesn't mind much about this.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly to Richard's Sensitive.
- Straight Man: Compared to Amelia, Charlotte or Richard, he can come across as this.
- Sweat Drop: He always gets one when nervous, like when Amelia barges into the staff room.
He's actually a human. He has not aged past being a young man in 60 years thanks to Marilyn cursing him. Originally he was the prince of a Western country who was troubled about everyone loving and praising him for his title and not for whom he was. After Charlotte rejected a date with him, Marilyn transformed him into a vampire in order to help him find true love.
- Born Unlucky: According to Word of God.
- Butt-Monkey: Nothing ever goes right for the poor guy. He can't catch a break neither in the 4-koma or the sequel Airi's Adventure.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He used to be a sheltered prince who had no luck in love and was rejected by Charlotte 70 years ago. In a twisted way to help him, Charlotte's grandmother cursed him and his butler John, transforming Richard into a vampire whose curse could only be lifted with The Power of Love. After being forced to escape his country, he tried to adjust to his new condition only to realize that his several Weaksauce Weakness prevent him to have a normal life. By the time of Trick and Treat, he's grown depressed and desperate to break his curse. So desperate that he's willing to give a chance to Charlotte, the one indirectly responsible for his current condition.
- Fantastic Racism: He's rather prejudiced towards witches, as shown by his Breaking Speech to Charlotte in the Bad Ending..
- Fragile Flower: He is prone to break out in tears a lot (complete with Ocular Gushers). When complaining about his Monster Sob Story, when afraid that Amelia forgot his name, when going unsupervised to listen to a church choir (despite religious items being harmful to him)....WHO WANTS TO UNDERSTAND A MONSTER?!.
- Freudian Excuse: His immaturity, hatred of witches and obsession with finding true love are well justified. And it's not pretty.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire
- Irony: Apparently his destined one is the girl who rejected him 70 years ago and the indirect cause of his vampirism. He's not too happy about this.
- I Just Want to Be Loved / I Just Want to Have Friends / I Just Want to Be Normal
- Immortal Immaturity: He hasn't aged past being a young man in 70 years. Due to this, he can be serious if the situation needs to be, but most of the time he acts like a whiny and lovelorn teenager.
- Locked into Strangeness: Richards hair and eye color changed when he was transformed into a vampire. (A portrait in the mansion shows him with black hair and Innocent Blue Eyes).
- Nice Guy
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive to John's Manly.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: When he was a human. It's implied that part of Charlotte's grandmother's motivation to transform him into a vampire was for him to grow out of it.
- The Resenter: Towards Marilyn and all witches per extension. He even refers to her as a Jackass Genie.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel
- Tragic Monster: Very much so.
- Undeathly Pallor
- Vampires Are Rich: Averted. While he was a prince when he was alive and was forced into hiding upon being vampirized, it's revealed his mansion was a gift from Marilyn. It's possibly as a token of apology after cursing him, And he isn't actually paying John.
- Vegetarian Vampire: He's a vampire... But, he doesn't subsist on blood. He's a vegetarian vampire that can only feed on tomatoes.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Sunlight, silverware and holy items such as Christmas. Even listening to a mere church choir is dangerous to him!
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: He certainly thinks so.Eternal loneliness or to end your life with true love...which one would you choose?.