A young man who is abducted and placed in the mysterious Tower Preparatory School. He, with his friends, seeks to escape and reunite with his family.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Somewhat Melancholic. He's hard working and very passionate
- Love Triangle: Competes with Cal for C.J.'s affection. Funnily enough he's kind of in another with Suki and Ray. Ray likes Suki and Suki is hinted to have some sort of attraction towards Ian if her dreams are any indication.
- Mr. Fanservice: Have we mention yet his actor's a model?
- Super Reflexes: His "preflex" ability allows him to see moves before they happen and react to them almost instantaneously.
- Over the series it evolves to the point to where he can use it outside of battle and predict oncoming events. He can also seem to sense other people around him whom may be hiding.
- The Casanova: Funnily enough, he never actively pursues this role, but his looks attract at least three significant female characters to him, and possibly Gabe.
- The Chosen One: Possibly. He has some relation to the school's founder, Cornelius Tower, and is treated as a threat to the school board. He's also sought after by The Broken, The Exiles, and even Headmaster himself. Conner even calls him his liege.
- The Leader: Takes on this role once he joins up with the others and they tend to differ to him on tough calls.
- He's also The Big Guy as he's the team's primary source of muscle to get past enemies.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Big time with C.J. May have some with Emily, it's possible.
Candice "CJ" Ward
A young woman who gathered a few students to try and escape Tower Prep. Interestingly unlike the others she has no memory of life outside Tower Prep and desperately wishes to find out.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Her ability allows her to read even the smallest facial change to determine your mood and whether or not you are lying. It also grew to the point where she can psychologically profile a person based on their hand writing alone. There are some down sides however. She cannot read herself and her powers fail when she's under emotional stress.
- Daddy's Little Villain: She doesn't do anything overly malicious but she does leak info of the group's escape attempts and knowledge to Headmaster. Who is also her father.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Did NOT take it kindly when her dance was ruined.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Definitely Chloric. Task Oriented? Check. Tactical and Passionate. Check.
- Five-Man Band: Falls somewhere between The Lancer and The Chick.
- The Mole: She was the one who had been leaking info to Headmaster. This wasn't out of any malicious intent against the group but out of, as Headmaster puts it, "serving a greater cause.''
- Love Triangle: In one with Ian and Cal with the both of them having their eyes on her.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With both Ian and Cal. She and Cal had a thing but then Ian came and she developed feelings for him too.
Gabriel "Gabe" Lexington Forrest
- Berserk Button: He'd rather not be called Gabriel And don't try to hurt his friends.
- Deadpan Snarker: More snark than deadpan but always has a quip about something.
- Compelling Voice: His "hypersuasion" can convince anyone to do what he wants even if they don't realize it. The one caveat is that those who are aware that he's trying to hypersuade them are immune.
- The Heart: Out of all the group members it's really Gabe that ties them all together with his humor and empathy.
- Morality Pet: For Ray oddly enough. He becomes noticeably less of an ass when he's trying to impress her.
- The Smart Girl: A major whiz with technology especially ones from her family's company. Along with this comes the following:
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls out Ian on being so suspicious of the group for the mole as, from their perspective, there are many instances where he's done things that can be construed as shady.
- Voice Changeling: Can imitate anything from a person's voice, to an animal's, complete with intensity, to even a synthesised computer voice. She can even replicate a voice she may not have, consciously, heard with perfect clarity.
Star player of the Gold Buffer team as well as Ian's rival in C.J.'s affection.
- Super Senses: He has super hearing but it can be impeded by too many voices coupled with an echoing effect.
- The Leader: Of his buffer team and many of the students at the school look up to him.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Major amounts with C.J. They may have had a thing before but Ian showed up and sh'es split, but still cares about him enough for it to cloud her abilities
Redfang & The Broken
A group of former students who supposedly "broke" under the stress of Tower Prep's curriculum and fled to the wild. The most signiicant of these students is Stephen Phillips, someone who's the core subject of a school myth. However; these are not falsehoods but true. The students banded together to fight back against the school with Redfang as a symbol of the resistance.
- Checkov'sGun: Math mentioned in one episode that some students break at Tower Prep. Philips was quickly mentioned in a throwaway line in the very first episode, which leads to this also being an example of...
- La Résistance
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: They all have a disheveled look to them but are willing to lead a campaign against the school.
- The Dreaded: Even the Gnomes are afraid o Redfang, opting instead not to go near his territory. This appears to be the group's greatest weapon.
A group of people who claim to still be loyal to the founder of Tower Prep's ideals and seek to take it back.