Tropes related to the 13 Month Weapon Series
- Battle Aura: Wielders of a 13 Month Series weapon can sense the aura of another 13 Month Series weapon if they are used in the general area.
- Empathic Weapon: When ignited, the weapon can take physical form.
- Out of Focus: Similar to the Floor Guardians, their role in the story has taken a backseat for season two, which is understandable considering that the weapons are pretty much the end-game when a Zahard Princess becomes a Ranker.
- They finally make a reappearance when Yuri ignites her 13-Month weapons on the 43rd Floor of Death.
- Plot Device: The 13 Month Weapon Series all-together serve as half the key that keeps the door to reach the Tower's 135th Floor locked. The other half being the Zahard rings. And, the Weapons have a role in keeping themselves out of the hands of people who can't join them up... by driving Princesses who try either mad and/or against one another. It seems to be an involuntary function/ curse.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: Every weapon has a soul sealed within them, and if it allows the user to do so, become even more powerful when their Ignite is activated.
- Talking Weapon: Weapons are capable of communicating with their users, if they so choose.
- Theme Naming: All of them are named in Korean in the general format 'Color Number Moon' (with Black March being 'Black Third Moon', White February being 'White Second Moon'). Although they are named in Korean through the Lunar Calendar, this is translated to English using conventional Calendar Months (with Undecimber being the 13th).
Ghost of the 13 Months
The spirit of a woman that failed to become a Zahard Princess, and now resides within the 13 Month weapons. Said to have made a promise with Zahard to make sure that the Zahard Princess competition is never able to finish, the ghost goes about taking control of any Princess that manages to ignite more than one 13 Month weapon at the same time. The ghost then forces the Zahard Princess to go on a rampage to make it seem like trying to gather the 13 Months will result in the Princesses going insane.
In the present, the ghost of the 13 Months makes her first appearance on the Floor of Death taking control over Yuri after she ignites the Black March and Green April at the same time.
- Ax-Crazy: Enjoys making the Zahard Princesses fight one another, and goes on massive rampages to make it look like the Princess went insane after igniting two 13 Month weapons at the same time.
- Demonic Possession: When a Zahard Princess ignites more than one 13 Month weapon at once, the ghost steps in to take control of said Princess.
- Driven by Envy: Due to failing to become a Zahard Princess, the ghost came to resent those that did, and now torments those that try to obtain more than one 13 Month weapon.
- The Plan: The ghost helps Zahard stay in power by making sure that the Zahard Princesses are never able to obtain more than one 13 Month Weapon. Those that do, the ghost takes control over the Princess, and goes on a rampage to make it look like igniting more than one 13 Month results in the Zahard Princess going insane.
Currently carried by An Zahard.
Granted to an unknown Princess who was killed by Eurasia Enne Zahard when she went berserk. Currently in the possession of Zahard himself.
Originally given to Yuri Zahard, the Black March changed owners when she decided to help Baam with his 1st Floor test. It is a sleek black needle (a stabbing tool) with a self-confident, hedonistic attitude. She did not even talk to Yuri because they were alike, but heeds Baam's call, because he is cute. note
During Baam's 2nd Floor journey, the Black March is taken away by Anak after Baam lost a wager during the Crown Game and was then used by Androssi in the fight against Ren. Yuri interferes in said fight, drives Ren away and takes back Black March near the end of season 1. Since then, Black March has remained in Yuri's possession, and is finally brought out again on the 43rd Floor of Death.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her humanoid projection has very long, golden hair. It's probably based on what the weaponised soul looked like before... um... she was manufactured.
- Christmas Cake: Acts like she'd hitting 30, but wants to flirt and pretend to be 19. Her actual age is in the hundreds.
- Curtains Match the Window: Yellow-eyes with yellow-hair.
- Foil: Turns out she doesn't much want to ignite for, or just plain talk to, Yuri. Baam? Sure! No prob! The more the Weapon and the Princess bicker upon this coming out, the more you realise it's basically because they're way too very similar in a lot of very headstrong ways.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Abrasive, condescending, quick to insult... But, she actually doesn't want to harm Yuri, and talks April into a plan to try limiting the damage of Ms Too Headstrong's not listening. Training from Hell: it's a Weapon and Princess thing.
- Put on a Bus: Yuri took Black March away at the end of the Submerged Fish Hunt Test, and it hasn't been seen since.
- The Bus Came Back: Black March, and its spirit, are finally seen again when Yuri attacks Hell Joe's castle on the 43rd Floor of Death.
- Troll: One possible interpretation of her swanning off to have some fun with a cute guy she knew Yuri liked? Trolling her Princess (with a little help from Headon).
Anak's green hook weapon that originally belonged to her mother. Green April can expand, and split into several hooks at the hilt. In season 1, Green April is never seen talking, but seems to be insane and blood thirsty. After rescuing Anak from Ren, Yuri takes Green April away from her near the end of season 1.
Since then, Green April has remained in Yuri's possession, and is finally brought out again on the 43rd Floor of Death. In addition, Green April's spirit finally makes its first full appearance here.
- Curtains Match the Window: Green-hair with green-eyes.
- Improbable Weapon: A hook?
- Morph Weapon: Green April can expand to ludicrous sizes when ignited, and even be used more like a whip than a hook.
- Put on a Bus: Yuri took Green April away along with Black March at the end of the Submerged Fish Hunt Test, and it hasn't been seen since.
- The Bus Came Back: Green April is finally seen again when Yuri attacks Hell Joe's castle on the 43rd Floor of Death. In addition, the spirit of Green April finally makes its first appearance here.
- Slasher Smile: One of the few things we see it do◊.
- Uncatty Resemblance: Hmmm. Maybe there's a reason she's attached to the Anaks Snr and Jnr... She may not take the shape of a lizard-woman upon full igition, but the similarities are striking.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Implied to be the case with April herself. Well, either this, or losing Anak Zahard Snr unhinged the Weapon. However, Yuri and other Rankers who realised what Anak held tended to be of the opinion that she would be slowly driven over the edge herself simply trying to use and control April at her relatively low level. In rebuttal: Anak Jnr had been paired with April for quite a while before trying to Climb, with surprisingly few noticeable issues. Well, given the usual nature of those with Zahard's blood, at least. It turns out that April really doesn't want to harm people, including idiots like Yuri. She probably occasionally acts like a maniac to not have to.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Just like her 13-Month name, the Green April spirit has green hair.
Currently carried by Koon Maschenny Zahard. For an as-of-yet unexplored reason during the Hell Train saga, Maschenny bets her Yellow May for the Green April that's currently in the possession of Princess Yuri.
Translates as 'Luminous Sixth Moon', one of 3 in the 13 Month Series to not have a specific color. Currently carried by Alphid Zahard, confirmed to be a sword.
Currently one of two Series weapons carried by Garam Zahard, first Princess to possess two of the 13 Month Series, acquired by killing fellow Princess Yuram Zahard.
Second of two Series weapons carried by Garam Zahard.
Translates as 'Ninth Moon of Darkness', one of 3 in the 13 Month Series to not have a color. Unknown attributes and whereabouts.
Confirmed to be a sword, currently carried by Arie Hagipherione Zahard.
Currently carried by Adori Zahard, currently highest ranked active Princess of Zahard and joint highest ranked non-Irregular alongside Enne Zahard (ranked 7th in the Tower).
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: The only S-ranked weapon among the 13 Month Series.
Translates as 'Twelfth Moon of Nothingness/Emptiness', one of 3 in the 13 Month Series to not have a specific color. Used by Eurasia Enne Zahard, joint highest ranked Princess and non-Irregular alongside Adori Zahard (ranked 7th in the Tower).
- Only the Chosen May Wield: The weapon is rumored to drive the wielder insane if they are not it's destined wielder.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Sealed along with Enne when she went berserk.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Rumored to have caused Enne's madness. The spirit of the weapon went insane along with Enne, causing it to be sealed along with her.
The 13th item of the series.
- Hammerspace: As with every Arms Inventory, stores other weapons this way when not in use.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: Is an Arms Inventory, rather than a weapon. The full implications of this difference have yet to be revealed.
- Too Awesome to Use: Is the only item of the 13 Series that has never been given to a Princess.
- Wild Mass Guessing: Since it is an Arms Inventory and the rest are weapons, there is rampant speculation among fans about what would happen if one (or all) of the 13 Month Series weapons were to be put inside it.
- And has now been confirmed that once all of the Series weapons are placed into the Arms Inventory they act as one of the 2 keys for the 134th floor.