The characters from Towa no Quon.
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya (JP), Corey Hartzog (EN)
The hero of the story and leader of the Attractors, known only as "Insania" by Custos. He fights to save and protect all of the Attractors, no matter how difficult it may be.
His most notable power is immortality, being able to recover from any wound. He is also able to transform into an alternate form, granting him various other abilities.
- The Ageless
- All-Loving Hero
- The Atoner: He's killed people in the past, which he severely regrets.
- Back from the Dead: In Chapter 5. The previews didn't even try to hide this.
- Badass Longcoat
- Barrier Warrior: He can create shields (on a small scale) made of some kind of energy.
- Bash Brothers: With Epsilon/Shun in Chapter 5.
- Berserk Button: See Knight Templar Big Brother.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards the children Attractors. And towards his real brother, Towa.
- Big Brother Mentor: Again, towards the children (most notably, Yuma).
- Big Damn Heroes: Quite often.
- Bishōnen Line: His ultimate form is much more humanoid than his usual one.
- Break the Cutie: His past.
- Broken Messiah: In the finale, he comes close to killing Kamishiro in revenge for Towa's death, despite knowing that it goes against everything he stands for.
- Celibate Hero: Seems to have (gently) turned down Yuri's feelings, shows no interest in anyone, and ends up with no one. Unsurprising, given that he's too dedicated on his duties to really have much of a social life.
- Chick Magnet: Yuri's heavily implied to have a crush on him, Tei might as well, and Kiri might've had a bit of a thing for him at the start.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Complete Immortality
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deadpan Snarker: A thousand years ago.
- Declaration of Protection: All the time.
- De-Power: At the end of the OVA.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Courtesy of Towa.
- Energy Weapon: He has some sort of energy manipulation power via Pure Energy or Hard Light that allows him to create these.
- Expecting Someone Taller: In the prequel manga, Takao wasn't expecting a pipsqueak to be the almighty Quon he'd heard about.
- Failure Knight: Couldn't protect his clan, so he's trying to make up for it now.
- Flight: One of his abilities allows him to create wings to fly with.
- Friend to All Children
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Hair Decoration: Sports a black headband.
- Healing Factor
- Heartbroken Badass
- The Hero
- Heroic Safe Mode: For all intents and purposes, he's been in one for a very long time.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Though Quon tends not to go around outright putting himself down, he'll always focus on the people he's failed to save, rather than the one he's succeeded with.
- Honor Before Reason
- Hurting Hero
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Or rather, I Let My Entire Clan (and Towa Especially) Die.
- Ideal Hero: A deconstruction. See the main page for more details.
- Immortality Hurts
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Don't mess with Towa. Seriously, no matter who you are, don't.
- Laser Blade: See Energy Weapon.
- Meaningful Name: His first name is written with the kanji for eternity.
- Messianic Archetype: There's something messianic about all the damage he takes for his friends, at least.
- Mind over Matter: It's never quite stated and tends to be overshadowed by his flashier powers, but he appears to have some form of this—manipulating wires, rain, rubble, bullets, etc.
- Mouthy Kid: He used to be a bit of one, a thousand years ago.
- My Greatest Failure: Not being there for his clan when they were wiped out.
- Nice Guy
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: While he was aware of the possible consequences beforehand and so probably doesn't regret it, him taking in Epsilon/Shun eventually led to the destruction of Fantasium Garden.
- Nigh Invulnerable
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: When Yuri shoves certain womanly parts in his face to show him a rash, he just gives her an incredibly deadpan look.
- Our Hero Is Dead: At the end of Chapter 4.
- The Paragon: He encourages his fellow Attractors to master their ability and use it for good.
- Physical God: His final form is essentially this.
- Power Incontinence: As he doesn't wear a security chip, he's always at risk of this, but he's had a thousand years' worth of practice in keeping his powers in check. This happened once, when his powers first awakened.
- Psychic Radar: He appears to be capable of detecting awakening Attractors.
- Purple Eyes: His eyes are normally some shade between blue and purple, but his alternate form definitely has purple eyes, in a case of Supernatural Is Purple.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Refusal of the Call: A thousand years ago, as he had no interest in developing any abilities.
- Samaritan Syndrome: Because an Attractor could awaken at any moment, he's the only one who can save them, and it's a race against Custos, he's always on the clock.
- Save the Villain: Chooses to save Epsilon/Shun in Chapter 4, knowing that Custos would kill him for being an Attractor, and ultimately saves Kamishiro in the finale.
- Sensor Character: See Psychic Radar.
- The Sleepless: According to Word of God, he only sleeps if he needs to recover from an injury. Otherwise, he tends to be out patrolling.
- Sole Survivor: Of his clan, a thousand years ago.
- Superpower Lottery: Aside from winning immortality, he's got a long list of abilities compared to everyone else.
- Super Mode
- Survivor Guilt: This is part of why he's so devoted to his fellow Attractors.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Over the last one thousand years. Not that he was ever really a jerk, though—just your average lazy brat.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Instant ramen.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: His powers awakened when he witnessed his clan's slaughter.
- Triple Shifter
- Unstoppable Rage: When his powers first awakened, as he went on a rampage and slaughtered those responsible for his clan's massacre.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: He's pretty happy to have lost his immortality at the end of the OVA.
Otherwise known as Yuri. She's one of Quon's main supporters and the one most likely to be out there on the field with him.
Her ability is super speed.
- Action Girl
- Big Sister Mentor
- Cool Big Sis: To Kiri.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially around Takao.
- A Friend in Need: After it's been revealed that Quon's killed people in the past, she's the only one who actively makes an attempt to cheer him up, which he's grateful for.
- Girly Bruiser
- Heroic Albino
- Nerves of Steel: Almost always stays focused and rational (barring her Skewed Priorities), no matter how nerve-wracking the situation.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She's happy to invade Quon's, at least.
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Plucky Girl: Nothing keeps Yuri down.
- Skewed Priorities: When the possibility of her and Kiri dying comes up, she asks Kiri to close her eyes if she dies first—after all, she doesn't want to be an ugly corpse.
- Statuesque Stunner
- Super Speed
- Undying Loyalty: She's one of the few who always goes with what Quon wants, and is the one who protests the Attractors disbanding after his 'death'.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Takao.
- Voiced by: Toru Okawa (JP), David Wald (EN)
Co-leader of Fantasium Garden alongside Quon, and an old friend of his. He runs the garden itself, and often pulls strings within the city in order to assist the Attractors.
He is not an Attractor, and thus does not have any abilities.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Kamishiro inflicts this on him.
- Cool Old Guy
- Non-Ironic Clown: One of his jobs in the garden (the public side of it, that is) is a clown.
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Secret Keeper: The only one who knows the details of Quon's past, as his family has been friends with Quon for generations.
- Taking You with Me: Attempts this on Kamishiro, but it fails due to Kamishiro being an Attractor.
- The Team Normal
Another one of Quon's main supporters. She often expresses concern over Quon's well-being and does her best to make the Attractors feel at home in the garden.
Her ability is telepathy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In the prequel manga, she goes into Tranquil Fury mode over Yuri clinging to Quon.
- Blessed with Suck
- Damsel in Distress: A few times.
- Exposition Beam
- Go Through Me: Though she has no fighting capabilities, she will do whatever it takes to protect/shield the other Attractors.
- Hair Decorations: As part of her traditional look.
- Identical Stranger: She heavily resembles a grown-up version of Shun's late sister.
- Mission Control: One of her occasion roles.
- Nice Girl
- Not Love Interest: To Shun.
- Yamato Nadeshiko
- Voiced by: Miyu Irino (JP), Karl Glusman (EN)
A recent addition to Fantasium Garden. Unlike many others, he is cynical regarding Quon's ideals and would rather not have to live in Fantasium Garden.
His ability is teleportation via creating portals.
- The Atoner: To make up for his FaceHeel Turn, he offers to teleport the entire group to safety, despite knowing that it'll probably kill him. Yuri convinces him not to, though.
- Bandage Babe: Due to his powers, he's usually got a broken or fractured bone somewhere.
- Blessed with Suck: His ability has a tendency to result in injuries.
- Deadpan Snarker
- FaceHeel Turn: Upon being convinced that if he goes with Custos, he'll get to see his parents again. Once he realizes this is probably a bunch of lies, he then turns a HeelFace Turn.
- Grumpy Bear
- HeelFace Revolving Door
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Orphan's Ordeal: He heavily misses his parents, whom he can't see as an Attractor.
- Resigned to the Call: He doesn't want to be a part of Fantasium Garden, but accepts that he has no other options.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Attempts this in the prequel manga, with near disastrous consequences.
- Thinking Up Portals
- Tsundere: Towards Quon.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Yuri.
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (JP), Adam Gibbs (EN)
One of Quon's allies, who primarily provides mission control support.
He can manipulate technology.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Often seen with Miu.
- Mission Control
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A recent addition to Fantasium Garden.
She can communicate with animals.
- Break the Cutie: In the prequel manga, with a bunch of bullies killing the rabbits she was looking after and sending her into an Unstoppable Rage.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Ryou.
- Not Good with People: In the prequel manga, she was rather anti-social, instead preferring the company of animals. With Quon and co.'s help, she gets better.
- One-Winged Angel: She can become one, as seen in the prequel manga.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents left her.
- Power Incontinence: Again, in the prequel manga.
- Talking To Animals
- Voiced by: Sanae Kobayashi (JP), Elizabeth Bunch (EN)
The doctor of Fantasium Garden.
Like Kannazuki, she is an ordinary human with no abilities.
- The Medic
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine
- Noble Profession: Ally or enemy, as long as you're her patient, she'll take care of you.
- The Team Normal
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (JP), Ty Doran (EN)
One of the most recent additions to Fantasium Garden, after being taken there at the start of the OVA. He is a young boy who believes himself unable to control his powers.
He can create spheres that disintegrate matter and, eventually, barriers.
- Abusive Parents: Implied.
- Barrier Warrior: Eventually becomes one.
- Blessed with Suck
- Emotional Powers: His ability tends to be influenced by his emotions—namely, when he's losing it.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: As part of his Power Incontinence.
- Little Mister Badass
- Power Incontinence: Suffers from this in Chapter 1.
- Tagalong Kid: Though he's entirely useful.
- Took a Level in Badass: He learns to harness his ability over the course of the OVA.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He proves to be fairly mature for a kid, especially compared to some of the others in the series.
One of the most recent additions to Fantasium Garden, after being taken there at the start of the OVA. She takes care of her grandmother, her only living relative.
Her voice has abnormal abilities, ranging from healing to destruction.
- Cute Mute: At first.
- Healing Hands: Healing voice, rather.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: One of her abilities.
- Nice Girl
- Orphan's Ordeal: The trauma from her parents' deaths rendered her mute.
- Power Incontinence: While affected by Kaoru's plants.
- Raised by Grandparents: After her parents' deaths.
- Tragic Keepsake: The music box she carries around is a memento from her parents.
The commander of Custos. Cold and calculating, he aims to capture and/or kill the Attractors, supposedly for the sake of maintaining order.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Big Bad
- Hunter of His Own Kind: A villainous version.
- Manipulative Bastard: Preys on the Attractors' insecurities to convert a few to his side.
- Power Copying
- Slasher Smile: Does this once or twice during the finale.
- Would Hurt a Child
His real name is Shun Kazami. He is a recent addition to the cyborg team.
- Anti-Villain: He honestly believes that he's doing the right thing.
- Bandage Babe: In Chapter 4.
- Bash Brothers: With Quon.
- Berserk Button: After Chapter 4, he doesn't take kindly to being called Epsilon.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards his sister when she was still alive.
- Cynicism Catalyst: After Attractors caused the death of his little sister, he's become determined to hunt them down.
- He Who Fights Monsters: In his attempts to kill the 'monsters,' he's become just as bad.
- Heartbroken Badass
- HeelFace Turn
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Unknowingly.
- I Am Who?: An Attractor himself.
- Mr. Fanservice
- The Not-Love Interest: To Tei.
- Not So Stoic
- Playing with Fire: His ability.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Some of the Attractors treat him this way.
- Repressed Memories: Doesn't recall that his sister was, in fact, the Attractor who'd gone out of his control, and that he was the one who unintentionally killed her.
- The Stoic
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- To Be Lawful or Good: He chooses Good.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: Once he realizes that the Attractors are really just innocent people.
- Villainous Friendship: With Delta/Hizuru.
- White Hair, Black Heart
Her real name is Hizuru Asuka. Like Epsilon, she is a recent addition to the cyborg team and can occasionally be seen with him when off-duty.
- Dark Action Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: Seen best in Chapter 2.
- Go Out with a Smile
- HeelFace Door-Slam: She was about to pull a HeelFace Turn, thanks to Epsilon/Shun, but ends up dying for him before she can go through with it.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- The Smurfette Principle: The lone female on the cyborg team.
- The Stoic
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Taking the Bullet: For Epsilon/Shun.
- Villainous Friendship: With Epsilon/Shun.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
A teenage Attractor who appears in Chapter 2 . For unknown reasons, he goes around destroying flowerbeds.
He can communicate with flowers.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Kiri and Quon mourn him, despite his belief that no one would care if he died.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Even by Attractor standards. A few of the kids call him a weirdo for his ability.
- Face Death with Dignity: He accepts his death calmly, knowing that no one will be sad over it in any case.
- Go Out with a Smile
- Green Thumb
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: He can talk to flowers, which doesn't sound all that impressive. But he can also do things like make them release certain scents—including ones that drive people insane.
- HeelFace Door-Slam
- Kick the Morality Pet: Kiri's one of the only people who shows him kindness, In return, though not directed towards her specifically, he ends up driving her temporarily insane.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Zig-zagged. He's introduced as something of a lunatic, but it turns out that he has his reasons for it. Except he's still an Ax-Crazy Serial Killer past that—except, as Quon realizes, it's because no one's ever bothered to understand him that he turned into such a jerk to begin with.
- Not Good with People: Likes flowers a lot. People, not so much.
- One-Winged Angel
- Parental Neglect: He lives with his mother, whom he's implied to be uncomfortable around. Either way, despite her son's very obvious issues, she's apparently done nothing about it.
- Serial Killer
- Who's Laughing Now?