open/close all folders
Total Pokemon Warring Nations Contestants
Alyosha is the representative of Russia.
- Adorkable: Comes across as this with how he generally acts around people he deems as, "pretty".
- Afraid of Blood: His dad's death caused this to become his greatest fear.
- Apologises a Lot: Seems to be a possible Verbal Tic, as he sometimes will apologize for something he didn't even do wrong.
- Bad Liar: His attempts at lying involve a lot of long stretches where he doesn't say a word, and sometimes he starts speaking in Russian nervously just to cover up said lie.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: This is the only really way he can form a relationship with someone, because anyone who's kind to him tend to find ways to bring him out of his shell.
- Berserk Button: Don't try to get away with anything shady while he's around.
- The Big Guy: He's the strongest contestant on the show, and is also among the largest.
- Book Dumb: He can't read English very well, so he tries to get help reading it often.
- Broken Tears: Experienced these after his father's murder.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Apparently his relationships from the past have never resulted in anything due to this.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Or at least not to the ones he thinks are pretty.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: See Bad Liar above.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: To the surprise of most of the cast, he actually hates drinking, and when he does he can't handle it very well.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: After his dad's death.
- Crushing Handshake: To a point of accidentally breaking a hand once.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His dad's death was just the thing that kickstarted it.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: He only remembers his dad fondly, and refuses to accept any of his potential faults.
- Declaration of Protection: Made one to his mother after his dad's death. He'd also do them for those he truly learns to trust.
- Denying the Dead Parent's Sins: His dad was involved with the mob, but don't expect Alyosha to accept that.
- Determinator: He's in the game to save his mother's daycare from closing, and he's in it to win it.
- Doesn't Like Guns: His dad died from a gunshot, so it only makes sense.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: DESPISES it when people pity him for how hard his life has been. Could double as a possible Berserk Button.
- Dreadful Musician: He more often than not will actually break the instrument before playing it.
- Dumb Muscle: Inverted for the most part.
- Extreme Doormat: Due to a lack of social skills, he finds it hard saying no to anything people tell him to do.
- Face of a Thug: Most people are very scared of him due to his rather intimidating appearance, but he's actually a really Nice Guy.
- Family Honor: And he's determined to uphold it.
- Gentle Giant: While not an outright pacifist, he prefers to not hurt anybody.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: His dad's death makes him question how anyone could be so cruel.
- Good Is Not Soft: While he may be friendly, do NOT just expect him to lay down and take a punch.
- Hates Small Talk: Which is a big reason why he lacks social skills.
- Heroic BSoD: After his dad's death.
- Heroic Vow: His Declaration of Protection towards his friends and family comes across as this.
- Honor Before Reason: How he handles discussing his father's questionable past.
- Humble Goal: He's in the game in order to save his mother's daycare.
- Idiot Savant: While not an idiot, he's pretty damn naive.
- I Gave My Word: After he's given a Declaration of Protection, he will NOT break it, and will continue to support it.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Or at least he doesn't intend to make them, since he knows he'll grow an Undying Loyalty towards them.
- Informed Deformity: His face is pretty messed up, but most of the cast don't seem to notice.
- In Love with Love: Has this mentality towards romance.
- Innocent Bigot: Due to his country being mostly against it, he has basically no knowledge of homosexuality, and may accidentally be offensive towards it. He doesn't try to though.
- I Work Alone: He prefers handling things away from others.
- Literal-Minded: Takes everything dead seriously...The results are hilarious.
- Loners Are Freaks: How he's perceived on first look.
- Made of Iron: Obviously, considering he's ACTUALLY MADE OF METAL!
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: He may come across as stoic and intimidating, but he's basically a Gentle Giant.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: While he may not look the part, he's the strongest contestant in the game.
- Nerves of Steel: Seems to just not react to getting hurt, or at least he's holding it back in order to not show weakness.
- Nice Guy: He is one of the few truly good people on the show.
- No Social Skills: Has it the worst on the island(with exception of Hisano), mostly due to not knowing how to speak English very well.
- Not Good with People: He finds it hard to even TALK to people, so this is a given.
- No Sense of Humor: Doesn't seem to understand jokes in general.
- No Social Skills: See basically everything above, and this is quite obvious.
- Not Afraid to Die: His dad's death basically made him numb to the thought of dying.
- Pursue the Dream Job: He hopes that if he saves the daycare, that maybe his mom will finally allow him to be part of the staff.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much.
- Race Lift: Was originally a normal Bisharp. He's a shiny in the reboot.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most: Has one of the darkest backstories of the cast.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Has one of these in the reboot.
- Simple-Minded Wisdom: Doesn't think a lot, but he's surprisingly wise for his age.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Can't seem to do anything without seeming a little awkward.
- The Stoic: He rarely shows any emotions in his expressions and body movement.
- The Strength of Ten Men: Kinda speaks for itself.
- Stupid Good: He's not stupid, but he's pretty naive in most situations. Doesn't stop him from being one of the nicest contestants though.
- Super Strength: He's the strongest contestant on the show, so it's to be expected.
- Survivor Guilt: He thinks he's the one responsible for his dad dying.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: How some would describe him if they got past all of his bruises and scars.
- Taught by Experience: He's worked for everything throughout his entire life, so he knows how to do quite a bit of things most don't.
- Team Dad: Mostly due to always wanting to make sure everyone is at least somewhat happy.
- Trauma Button: Mentioning the night his father died.
- Troubled, but Cute: Some of the girls he's close to back home describe him as such.
- Turn Out Like His Father: It's actually his mother's biggest fear. She doesn't want him getting caught up in the mob like his father.
- Undying Loyalty: If you earn his respect and friendship, than he'll become this towards you.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: While he is still a Nice Guy, it should be noted he was a lot more social and energetic about it when he was younger, and now mostly comes across as gruff.
- Used to Be More Social: See Used to Be a Sweet Kid above.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: While no genius, he's probably the wisest contestant from experience.
- The World Mocks Your Loss: Basically nobody pitied him for his father's death. In fact, some outright mocked him for it.
- Younger Than They Look: Looks like he's in his mid-20s at least, but he's actually the youngest contestant in the cast, at 20.
Bryce is the representative of Switzerland.
- Abusive Parents: Due to his status as the black sheep of his family, he was basically ignored for most of his life by his parents.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: He has an entire family of these basically.
- Berserk Button: Being wrong about something.
- Birthday Hater: Mostly due to being neglected for most of his life by his parents.
- Caustic Critic: He's a parody of one.
- Hollywood Nerd: Obviously considering his occupation as a film critic.
- Jerkass: Though he acknowledges it, and plans to fix this problem of his in order to make allies and win the competition.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: An in-Universe example; He's an insufferable dick who plans to stay as far away from everyone as possible in the show, but in reality is actually a decent guy who just thinks that how you need to act on a gameshow in order to win.
- The Movie Buff: It's kind of in the job description.
- Non-Action Guy: He really can't handle himself in any kind of a fight.
- Out of Focus: He WANTS to be this, since he thinks that as long as he stays out of his teammates' drama, he could easily skate into the merge.
Chad is the representative of the United States of America.
- 24-Hour Party People: If chapter two revealed anything about him, it might be this.
- Berserk Button: Insulting or berating America in any way.
- Big Eater: He actually eats a LOT.
- Breakout Character: It's likely that if you are coming out of the story with anything, it's gonna be a love of Chad.
- Book Dumb: He can't read a story if it doesn't have pictures.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Downplayed, but he is definitely one of the biggest examples of this.
- The Ditz: To sum it up, he is quite literally the dumbest contestant in the entire competition.
- Dumb Blonde: Word of God confirms that if he were human, he'd be a blonde.
- Dumb Jock: He's a frat boy, and he's pretty stupid.
- Dumb Muscle: He's one of the strongest contestants on his team, and also the dumbest.
- Fratbro: He is a senior member of his university's frathouse, and is actually a very popular dude there.
- Global Ignorance: One of his more defining traits is that he has basically no knowledge of anything outside of America.
- Idiot Hero: He has good intentions, he's just a total moron who is easily fooled into doing stupid stuff.
- Innocently Insensitive: His biggest flaw by a longshot.
- It's All About Me: Due to being a stereotype of Americans.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a Nice Guy at heart, but his own stupidity, arrogance, selfish actions, and insensitivity of other cultures make it hard to ever see him as anything other than an obnoxious Jerkass.
- Large Ham: The largest on the show due to his over the top personality and ego.
- Made of Iron: It's almost as if he is actually incapable of feeling pain at times.
- Sex God: Self described as such. The weird part is that he is right.
- Surfer Dude: He certainly talks like one.
Dainan is the representative of Australia.
- The Alcoholic: The first thing he does upon his arrival is try and get drunk.
- Awesome Aussie: He's actually an inversion of the trope due to being an Expy of Australia's war history.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: He acts as this for pretty much everyone.
- Immune to Drugs: Despite how many he takes, he never seems affected by them.
- Jerkass: He isn't very friendly to anybody, and the few who are friendly back he immediately is suspicious of.
- The Stoner: He spends most of his time smoking and slacking off.
- Sweet Tooth: He LOVES candy.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything alcoholic.
Earnest is the representative of Bulgaria.
- Berserk Button: Being bored or around someone who he considers boring.
- Boisterous Weakling: Pretty much his main character trait.
- Class Clown: He certainly thinks he acts as this on the island, but pretty much everyone hates him for going too far with this.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first thing he does on the show is the electrocute the host, and then call him a dumbass.
- It's All About Me: He only cares about his own safety and pranking as many people as possible, and lacks any morality or care towards the people he is pranking.
- Jerkass: He's only on the show to troll the other contestants and make their lives absolutely terrible.
- Nervous Wreck: If his plans don't go as expected, he starts freaking out.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: The only male contestant who seems to not be attracted to Mallory, Lerato, or Franci in any noticeable way.
- Super Speed: He has this by default.
Franci is the representative of Austria.
- Adorkable: Due to her lack of knowledge in anything outside her nation's culture, she comes across as this while trying to learn more about the other's cultures. She also says a lot of weird things to explain how happy she is, so that helps.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Weirdly enough, she is so friendly BECAUSE she knows that life sucks.
- The Cutie: Kind of hard not to be when you're one of the nicest contestants on the show.
- The Ditz: She isn't dumb, but she clearly doesn't know much about anything outside of her culture.
- Global Ignorance: Due to her parents sheltering her for most of her life.
- Informed Attractiveness: Besides Mallory, she is the most attractive girl on the island.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Sure, she's rich and could have whatever she wanted, but she also never had a friend before the show.
- Nice Girl: One of the kindest people on the island, and DEFINITELY the kindest person in terms of morality.
- No Social Skills: Its actually the main reason she joined, because she really wants to fix this problem.
- Team Mom: Generally caring and friendly, she takes up this role easily no matter who she is with.
Graham is the representative of Britain.
- Adorkable: He pretends to be this.
- The Chessmaster: He certainly thinks he is.
- The Corrupter: Due to his status as a Poisonous Friend for Nephthys.
- Cute and Psycho: While he may act friendly and look sorta cute, you can't forget that he's actually a complete sociopath.
- Evil Brit: A complete parody of this trope.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: He's a Pichu, a baby Pokemon generally associated with carefree happiness and a friendly attitude. He is actually a sociopath who will do ANYTHING to get what he wants.
- The Fake Cutie: Part of his facade.
- It's All About Me: Due to his role as The Sociopath.
- Jerkass: He is secretly the biggest example of this.
- Nice Guy: He pretends and claims to be this, but in all reality, he's probably the most evil contestant in the entire game.
- Poisonous Friend: Acts as one towards Nephthys.
- Self-Serving Memory: Mostly just makes up what happened in the past just so it could better his present-self.
- The Sociopath: The only actual one on the show, and it's actually taken seriously.
- Would Hurt a Child: Word of God confirms that Graham is totally willing to hurt anyone, including children.
- Would Hit a Girl: Again, mostly due to being willing to hurt anyone.
Hisano is the representative of Japan.
- Adorkable: Due to her lack of social skills and obsession with boys, she easily comes across as this.
- The Ditz: Though it's mostly due to her social problems, she was raised to take pride in strength over intelligence, so she never received a proper education.
- Knife Nut: She collects them.
- Lawful Good
- Nervous Wreck: Due to her own awkwardness around boys, this comes as a side effect.
- No Social Skills: Mostly due to not knowing how to talk to people.
- Out of Focus: Invoked by herself.
- The Quiet One: Her own anti-social tendencies making it harder for her to be around others or even talk to them.
- Yandere: She comes across as this on first impressions, but in all reality really isn't this at all.
Iria is the representative of New Zealand.
- Anti-Hero: She actually does want to be a nice person, but her own rudeness makes this pretty hard, and thus, she mostly just tries to stay in the middle in terms of friendships and alignments.
- Berserk Button: Being called a bitch.
- Death Glare: She is the queen of these.
- Jerkass: She is very rude to just about everyone.
- Sex God: She actually knows EXACTLY what she is doing in the bedroom.
- Tsundere: It's in her title, so it makes sense that she is this.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Acts as one towards Karissa.
Jiao is the representative of China.
- Ambiguously Evil: Its implied that some of her goods are actually stolen.
- Adorkable: Mostly due to the way she attempts to trick people into buying stuff from her.
- Anti-Hero: She is willing to work with and sell to whoever asks her.
- Asian Airhead: Subverted. She isn't the brightest person, but despite this she's a very good saleswoman who can easily manipulate people into buying her goods.
- Butt-Monkey: Things rarely go her way.
- Cat Smile: And she is always making it!
- Crazy-Prepared: She seems to have everything ever needed on hand.
- Flat Character: The only TRUE example in the story. She exists mostly as a plot device and comic relief, and really doesn't have much to her.
- No Social Skills: Unless it has something to do with selling a product, she is clueless how to talk to people.
- Only in It for the Money: Really is only in the competition just to pay back a debt, and thus only tries to gain money.
Karissa is the representative of Greece.
- Alpha Bitch: Due to her huge ego, she thinks she better than everyone else and that they are all below her, meaning she thinks she can say whatever she wants about any of them, no matter how cruel the wording.
- Attention Whore: She's on the show just to show herself off as the greatest person to ever exist, and does so by attempting to hog the camera time for herself.
- Berserk Button: Apparently not being treated with the best conditions possible.
- Bitch Alert: The first thing she does upon her arrival is say that she's better than everyone else while laughing about it. What a bitch.
- Entitled Bitch: Due to her God complex, she thinks that she is above everyone, and thus thinks she is allowed to say and do whatever she wants.
- It's All About Me: A heavy believer in this.
- Jerkass: Due to her Entitled Bitch tendencies and her Alpha Bitch attitude.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Acts as one towards Iria.
- Spoiled Brat: Very spoiled as a child, and it shows in how she acts as an adult.
Lerato is the representative of Brazil.
- Adorkable: Weirdly enough, this comes out when she's talking about Pokedex entries and technology.
- Deadpan Snarker: Though she's mostly this under her breath.
- Informed Attractiveness: Apparently a very cute girl, though she wishes she wasn't.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She is seen as the 3rd most attractive contestant on the show, and really doesn't like this fact due to the unwanted attention she receives.
- Smarter Than You Look: One of the most attractive AND smartest contestants on the show.
- The Smart Guy: Acts as one of, if not the smartest contestant on the show.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: She makes this pretty clear.
- Supreme Chef: An amazing cook, but she only really does the cooking just because she wants the others to know she is useful for something.
Mallory is the representative of France.
- Bi the Way: She isn't very specific on who she prefers.
- Dying Alone: Its actually her greatest fear.
- French Jerk: Downplayed, but she still manipulates people's emotions and feelings for her advantage. In all honesty she can be a pretty nice girl.
- Hartman Hips: She apparently has these.
- Love Makes You Dumb: She is a strong believer that this is true, and actually uses it to her advantage against her competition.
- Ms. Fanservice: She invokes this as her main strategy.
- Really Gets Around: Though weirdly enough, she isn't actually proud of this fact.
- Sex God: Became this through a LOT of experience.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Again, you kind of have to be if it's your main strategy.
- The Tease: Again, it's pretty much needed.
Nephthys is the representative of Egypt.
- Amusing Injuries: These happen to everyone around her.
- Big Bad Friend: With Graham. While he's a sociopathic manipulator with a major ego, she's a very friendly and happy girl who always looks on the bright side of things.
- The Chew Toy: Parodied. She was cursed at birth to have terrible things always happen to her, but as it turns out, nothing ever happens to her, just everything and everyone around her.
- The Cutie: Becomes this through sympathy due to her being a nice girl cursed to hurt anyone who comes near her.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Has to have one considering she is CURSED and all.
- The Ditz: She isn't exactly a brainiac.
- Friendless Background: Admits that before Graham, she never had a friend.
- Nice Girl: Treats everyone with respect and is very kind and respectful towards others.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: She was cursed at a young age to have terrible things happen to those around her 24/7, so it's obviously a major part of her story.
Olivia is the representative of Spain.
- Amazon Chaser: Implied to be this.
- Ambiguously Bi: The closest thing to humor we ever get from her.
- Deadpan Snarker: In a more obnoxious way.
- Determinator: THE defining personality trait for her.
- Determined Defeatist: Thinks she is basically worthless, but is still determined to win the show.
- Fatal Flaw: See The Perfectionist.
- Friendless Background: The closest thing she ever had to one was her masochistic brother.
- Madden Into Misanthropy: At her worst she can get like this.
- The Perfectionist: She DEMANDS that everything is absolutely perfect at all times without question, and if it isn't, she starts to become The Eeyore.
- The Strategist: Though she isn't the best at it due to refusing to have allies.
- Workaholic: Has a problem with ever not doing something of importance.
Patrick is the representative of Sweden.
- Bad Liar: He always says he is fine and wants to be alone, but it's pretty obvious that he's actually really lonely and scared right now.
- Brutal Honesty: Which only makes it harder for him to try and lie about his loneliness.
- Butt-Monkey: Considering he lost his memory, and thus everyone he ever loved or knew, it's a pretty obvious example.
- Color Motif: Blue is a very important color for him, due to it being the primary color of both the sea and the sky, which actually attract him in a way.
- Deadpan Snarker: Whenever he talks to someone else, he is easily this.
- The Eeyore: He's depressed, and has no memory of any of his life before the show, so this is to be expected.
- Flat Character: He at least thinks he is.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Pretends to be a horrible person so people can just leave him alone.
- Non-Action Guy: Prefers to stay as far away from the action as possible due to not knowing if he could handle himself in that kind of situation.
Qadir is the representative of Iran.
- Ax-Crazy: He certainly SEEMS to be, but it mostly just comes with his job.
- Because I'm Good at It: He's mostly an assassin just because he knows that it's the only thing he's good at.
- Determinator: He becomes this if he's after his target.
- Has a Type: A full-on Amazon Chaser.
- Nice Guy: Weirdly enough, he's actually a really friendly guy when he's not on the job.
- Trigger Happy: Best showcased in the first chapter.
- Walking Armory: He carries just about every weapon possible on him at all times.
Ruthie is the representative of Canada.
- Ambiguously Evil: She is seen making molotovs in the confessional and says she plans to burn down the island with everyone on it. The only thing stopping her from being a one dimensional bad guy is her friendly personality.
- Bears Are Bad News: If ONLY because she's an Ambiguously Evil arsonist.
- Cute and Psycho: Friendly and cute one minute, the next she's planning on burning everything in front of her alive before her very eyes.
- Genki Girl: Really happy and friendly towards everyone, and has pretty much an infinite source of constant energy.
- Nice Girl: Though reasons why are very suspicious.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She seems to be REALLY into some dark shit.
Sahib is the representative of India.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's actually a Manipulative Bastard towards those who he considers evil.
- Black and White Insanity: An intentional example.
- The Hero: He certainly believes he is.
- He Who Fights Monsters: He's an Expy of this trope.
- Knight Templar: Due to his own goal to destroy all who are evil.
- Manipulative Bastard: He acts as this towards anyone he considers evil.
- Nice Guy: He's a Deconstruction.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wishes to rid the world of all it's evil. [[spoiler:He does this through outright destroying and hurting anyone he sees as evil in any way.
Thema is the supposed representative of South Africa.
- Being Good Sucks: She mostly tries to educate people on how terrible the people in her nation have it, not because she enjoys telling them it, but because she just wants people to grow more appreciative of what they have.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Though she is trying to control it. She's just not GOOD at controlling it.
- Jerkass: Though not intentionally.
- Sassy Black Woman: Word of God confirms her as black, and she provides PLENTY of sass.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She is an annoying protester, but she is also trying to show people the struggles her people go through on a daily basis.
Umut is the representative of Turkey.
- The Atoner: He's on the show so he could pay his past-girlfriend's family for everything he caused.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Probably his greatest regret.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: While he was a Bastard Boyfriend.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: He has always been this, and it's actually a pretty sad topic for him.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: His most defining trait is that he is pissed-off all the time due to EVERYTHING making him mad.
- Hates Being Touched: Can't stand physical contact with pretty much anyone.
- Hotblooded: He can't hide an emotion to save his life.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Which is all but impossible due to his Hair-Trigger Temper.
- In Love with Love: Umut admits that he doesn't actually enjoy being in a relationship, but he does want to find love, not because of what happens during it, but because the concept of having someone by your side for your entire life makes him genuinely happy.
- Irrational Hatred: Towards just about everything.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: His main reason for being on the show.
- Jerkass: Due to his anger issues and swearing tendencies. However...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is on the show in order to make amends with his ex-girlfriend after how terribly he treated her, so its clear he does have a heart in there.
- Sir Swearsalot: He swears at least once in EVERY SENTENCE.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Mostly became such a huge Jerkass because of how terribly he's been treated throughout his life.
- Verbal Tic: Swearing has become this for him.
Viola is the representative of Norway.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Averted; She lived in terrible conditions for most of her life, and actually came out pretty okay.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The stuff she says is often VERY weird.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was pretty much tortured on a nearly daily business by her family.
- Defiant Captive: Refused to simply be her family's punching bag, no matter how terribly they hurt her.
- The Ditz: At least she SEEMS like she is this.
- Nice Girl: A very nice person who just so happens to be off her rocker.
- Reality Warper: If she imagines something, it WILL happen at some point, regardless if she actually wanted it to happen or not.
Walter is the representative of Germany.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His entire life has revolved around wanting to avenge his grandfather, and it pretty much has taken over his entire life.
- Hypocrite: Says he is here to prove that Germans no longer hold grudges towards past enemies and aren't the bad guys...Proceeds to show bias to all representatives of the Allies and has a very antagonistic personality.
- Jerkass: He acts as this in his pursuit for revenge.
- The Leader: Plans to be this.
- Obliviously Evil: Has no idea just how terrible he comes across.
- Real Men Hate Affection: He certainly thinks so.
- Self-Serving Memory: And he isn't even aware he has it.
- Sore Loser: If he loses, he becomes this pretty fast.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Germany as a whole.
- Villain Protagonist: Word of God has confirmed him as the main character of the first 1/4 of the story.
- Workaholic: To a point of where he actually nearly starved himself in the past with how much he kept working without stopping.
Xavier is the representative of Ireland.
- Ax-Crazy: He at least SAYS he is.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Sure, he may take trying to act evil at all times to an absurd level, but he's still a genius who has a college degree in psychology.
- Big Bad: Word of God has confirmed him as one of the main antagonists in the series.
- Card-Carrying Villain: He LOVES being the bad guy, and makes no qualms admitting to such.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: One of the largest on the show due to his own need to try and act evil.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite being an over the top loser who tries to act as evil as possible for no reason, he is the smartest contestant on the show.
- Eviler Than Thou: He believes he is the most evil mind on the island, and if anyone questions it, this is usually his response.
- Evil Genius: He's actually THE smartest contestant on the show!
- Evil Sounds Deep: Actually has a VERY deep voice, to a point of where he might actually sound threatening if he wasn't...Well, Xavier.
- Jerkass: He tries to be this due to wanting to be seen as a villain.
Yesenia is the representative of Mexico.
- Abusive Parents: Her father was an awful man to say the least.
- Cute Bookworm: Weirdly enough, when she isn't singing or smoking, she's reading books.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Mostly involving her terrible father.
- Missing Mom: She never met her mom.
- Neutral Good
- Nice Girl: To such a large extent that not even the worst people on the show dislike her.
- The Stoner: Joined the show while in a drug educed stupor, and will smoke in order to find inspiration.
- Super Speed: If she gets in the right mood, she is EASILY the fastest contestant besides Earnest.
- Supreme Chef: She is actually a great cook.
- Those Two Guys: With Zaire.
Zaire is the representative of Italy.
- Bi the Way: Word of God has confirmed that Zaire is a closeted bisexual.
- Dark and Troubled Past: And all of it is due to not being able to control his bipolar personality.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Sure, he can be a dick, but he mostly has good intentions and never tried to actually hurt somebody else.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Probably the only completely consistent thing about him is that he has this.
- Jerkass: Due to his mood swings. However, there are some hints that he might be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Large Ham: He is pretty over-dramatic with all of his actions.
- Loser Protagonist: Acts as the main example of this throughout the story.
- The Mafia: Word of God confirms that at one point he did have affiliations with it.
- Mood-Swinger: His primary personality trait; His personality and mood seems to flop around randomly, and usually at the worst times.
- The Stoner: Downplayed, but he did smoke some weed with Yesenia.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Besides Umut, he swears the most in the cast.
- Those Two Guys: With Yesenia.
Non-Contestant Main Characters
The host of Warring Nations, who progresses the plot through the creation of challenges and enhancing drama.
- Ambiguously Jewish: He was born and raised in Israel and is hinted at celebrating Hanukkah.
- Berserk Button: SO MANY!
- Correcting his mistakes.
- Trying to prank him.
- Loud people and noises.
- Obnoxious smart people.
- Butt-Monkey: Pretty much every contestant is easily able to give him a headache in seconds, really screwing with the fact he's in charge of them.
- Game Show Host: His main role on the show.
- No Name Given: "Mothim" is just a stage name. He has never had his real one revealed.
- Older Than They Look: Due to his younger appearance and small height, you'd probably easily forget he's in his mid-forties.
The primary host of Pseudos Unleashed, he was forced to host by the legendaries.
- Berserk Button: He can't stand it when others underestimate Juvia's intelligence.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The brooding boy to Juvia's gentle girl.
- Brutal Honesty: While he may be a sarcastic prick, he definitely isn't a liar. Hell, he's probably one of the most honest characters in the series.
- Deadpan Snarker: The biggest one on the show by a large margin. Seriously, pretty much every line of his is just full of snark.
- Even Morally Ambiguous Bats Have Standards: He actually gives the contestants great living conditions.
- Jerkass: He's a sarcastic prick who is only kind to Juvia. However...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While he may not be the nicest guy in the world, his primary goal is to help Juvia with her anti-social problems, and treats her with the utmost respect and love despite her lack of intelligence. Hell, he even goes out of his way just to make sure that she retains as much of her innocence as possible.
- The Mafia: Implied to have connections to a major criminal empire.
- Morality Pet: Juvia acts as this for him.
The secondary host of Pseudos Unleashed, she was forced to host by the legendaries, though not like she minds.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The gentle girl to Izaya's brooding boy.
- The Cutie: Is undeniably the sweetest and most innocent character in the entire series.
- Ditzy Genius: Izaya claims that Juvia is this.
- Fatal Flaw: Her own lack of knowledge of anything in the world.
- Morality Pet: Acts as this to Izaya.
- Nice Girl: The nicest girl you could ever meet
- Smarter Than You Look: Proven to be a strategic genius...Even if she doesn't know it herself.