There have been 133 contestants across the Total Drama Tumblr series.
Claire, the Edgy Sweetheart
- Action Girl: Claire's physical prowess has made her the winner of several challenges.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Occasionally it's mentioned that Claire has to take medicine for a disorder, but it was not revealed.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Dylan early on. Although, it came through more as Claire teasing and Dylan not knowing how to react.
- Beware the Silly Ones: She might be easygoing and a bit silly, but she has a sizable temper.
- Break the Cutie: Later in the competition, Claire gets injured and takes it hard.
- Character Development: Claire learns to open herself up more to people and trust people more as the season goes on.
- Characterization Marches On: Early in the season, she is more sensible and down to earth compared to her Cloudcuckoolander antics later in the series.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: By far the most eccentric of the Loose Lips, and is a loose cannon to say the least.
- Cute Bruiser: One of the stronger physical powerhouses in the game.
- The Determinator: Continues to compete despite her injury.
- Friend to All Children: So much that she ends up teaching a music class for kids in the city.
- Friend to All Living Things: The most likely to find an animal and name it.
- Foreshadowing: Claire's homelife is implied to be pretty bad, but isn't brought to light until Jodie's appearance in season two.
- Genki Girl: Full-stop bundle of energy.
- Motor Mouth: A lot of Claire's genki-ness comes from her fast talking style, but when serious conversations come up she is actually a pretty great listener.
- Odd Friendship: Although they're on different ends of the social spectrum, Claire and Monica are close friends.
- Official Couple: With Dylan after a fair amount of Will They or Won't They?.
- Running Gag: The many animals, and the cactus Mr. Freddy, she leaves in the confessional.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Claire dwarfs Dylan by quite a few inches.
Cliff, the TV Star
- Bare Your Midriff: The only guy in the first season to do this.
- Brainless Beauty: Cliff is extremely attractive, but he's not the brightest bulb in the box.
- Butt-Monkey: Similar to Justin, he'll occasionally get into accidents that harms his looks.
- Flat Character: He was created solely to be an early boot.
- Jerkass: He isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers in the least.
- Mr. Fanservice: Cliff is considered the most attractive out of this season's guys.
Dylan, the Smiling Snarker
- Above Good and Evil: Dylan mentions that he doesn't believe in "good" or "evil," or heroes or villains.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Prior to the series, to his teacher, Mr. Park.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Claire early on. Although, it came through more as Claire teasing and Dylan not knowing how to react.
- Berserk Button: Don't resort to threatening people or physically bullying them.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: He attempted to play Pepper and Jack like this by being in both their alliances and trying to turn them against each other.
- Character Development: While he's still a psycho-analyzing snarker by the end, he finally has people he can consider friends and reasons to move on with his life.
- Deadpan Snarker: So much that it's in his stereotype!
- FaceHeel Turn: Pre-merge, he's a little sketchy and likes doing things to test his teammates, but is relatively good-natured. Come the merge, it turns out he's mostly out for himself and will do whatever needed to win.
- Foreshadowing: Dylan often is seen flicking a lighter. Come to find out, this is the same lighter he used to burn down his teacher's house.
- The Gadfly: Often does odd things to get a rise out of people.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: If he would have stayed loyal to Jack's alliance, he would have made it further.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: He's an egotistical jerk, but mostly because he's weighed down with a lot of guilt.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has a lack of empathy and is manipulative, but also will go out of his way for those he feels deserves it.
- Lack of Empathy: He doesn't seem to give a care about others until his elimination.
- Manipulative Bastard: Openly uses people's emotions against them.
- Not So Stoic: When he's angry or frustrated, his stoicness breaks.
- Odd Friendship: Dylan is an egotistical genius. Fitz is a wild punk. They're best friends.
- Running Gag: Dylan is known to cursty when he thanks people.
- Ship Tease: Early episodes had Dylan and Fitz be extremely close, as well as Fitz taking his first kiss (simultaneously with Claire). However, when Fitz was eliminated, Dylan and Claire's romantic plot-thread continued on.
- The Smart Guy: Probably the most conventionally smart member on his team.
- The Stoic: Mostly has a plastered on smile and speaks close to monotone.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: He is several inches shorter than Claire.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Post-season, Dylan is a lot nicer than he was, openly befriending Jack, Monica, Middy, and Sonny.
Eddie, the Troubled Sweet Guy
- Butt-Monkey: A few times in his short stay, Eddie would often get the bad end of the stick.
- Mr. Fanservice: Eddie is considered one of the more attractive members of TDT.
- Troubled, but Cute: So much so, it's in his stereotype!
Ethan, the Evil with a Smile
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Kaori early on. Disappeared sometime during the time they dated and before they broke up.
- Big Bad Wannabe: In early episodes, Ethan was a manipulative, rude leader. However, as time went on, he began to become Denser and Wackier, changing him into more of comedy relief than an actual villain. The only time it ended up differently was when he set Fitz on fire.
- Break the Haughty: In a weird way, as he's still extremely haughty but extremely strange as of late.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Not at first, but as time goes on, Ethan continues to get stranger and stranger to the point that he's fullblown this during City.
- Faux Affably Evil: Part of his ruse early on was to pretend to be sweet and then crush his opponents.
- Last Minute Hook Up: With Kaori, though it doesn't last.
- Near-Death Experience: He was set on fire and angelized by Adelia. He survives.
- Running Gag: By the end of the second season, Ethan has successfully annoyed a majority of the first two season's casts. However, by the second season, it becomes less funny and more sympathetic.
Fitz, the Funny Punk
- Broken Bird: Fitz never had the best home life, which ultimately led to him becoming sarcastic, rude, and untrusting of others.
- Intended Audience Reaction: Inverted. Fitz's mun literally created him to be unattractive, and he's become one of the most liked characters on the show.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Fitz's hairstyle covers one of his eyes.
- Smoking Is Cool: One of Fitz's most noticeable traits in R Ps, and a bit of plot starter in them, was the fact he smuggled cigarettes onto the island and smoked them. He quit smoking after Ethan set him on fire so many times the poor punk developed a phobia of it.
Alexandria, The No-Skill Show-Off
A girl who, despite lacking the skills, is a magician. The Amazing Alexandria is sure her talents will dazzle the crowds and let her win the competition.
- 0% Approval Rating: She's voted out the first episode by her entire team.
- Attention Whore: She wants people to notice her for her magic and wants to be famous, even if her methods get her eliminated.
- Easily Forgiven: Averted, The Baroness still hates her.
- Flat Character: Due to only being in one episode, her entire character can be described as dense.
- Idiot Ball: She eliminates herself during the first episode. Not that it matters, as her whole team voted her out as well.
- Sore Loser: She thinks that she's the winner because she got to the bottom of the mountain in White Elephant first and doesn't take well to be told she lost because of her actions.
Alice, The Musical Manipulator
With a passion for music, Alice is the queen of manipulation. Will her talents come into good use while on Total Drama Colors?
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Alice wears some very short shorts.
Ashley, The Mean Girl
The definition of a Chessmaster, Ashley is willing to hurt, cheat, and lie her way up through the competition.
- Alpha Bitch: She's labeled "The Mean Girl" for a reason.
- Arch-Enemy: To Ry and The Baroness since episode 1.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: She's not here to make friends, yet has to pretend to be people's friends in order to advance through the competition
Dennis, The Black Cupid
The Black Cupid himself, Dennis is sure to cause some chaos on Total Drama Colors.
- Above Good and Evil: Dennis really doesn't care about the alignment of who he pranks, just as long as he can cause some chaos.
- The Sociopath: Doesn't care about other people, just the chaos he causes.
Derby, The Energetic Writer
Hyper as can be, Derby is looking forward to meeting some new people to write wonderful stories.
- Nerd Glasses: Only contestant this season that wears glasses to be exact!
- The Smart Guy: Definitely has the largest vocabulary of any of the contestants this season.
Gaile, The 90's Kid
Obsessed with the 90's, Gaile is out to make some of the raddest friends a gal can have, and possibly add to her memorabilia collection.
- Genki Girl: She's always energetic and willing to lend a hand.
Kiki, The Throw-Down Thug
Kiki is a powerhouse who is not going to take any quips you make about her height while attempting to win the money.
- Teens Are Short: She's the shortest contestant this season, at 4'11".
Lavender, The Heartbreaker
A heart breaker for the fun of it, Lavender is willing to break hearts to get her chance at fame and fortune.
- Ditzy Genius: Crosses into this category. She's smart enough to formulate a plan and get dirt on the other contestants, but can't seem to pick up on Ry being gay and thinks that an 'addlepate' is french for 'pretty girl'.
- Manipulative Bastard: She makes guys fall in love with her then she breaks their hearts.
- Multicolored Hair: She has a red streak going through her brown hair.
Mallory, The Demolitionist
Fun loving and loco, Mallory is here expecting the competition to be the bomb!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: She's a wee bit obsessed with her bombs and explosions.
Ry, The Quiet Weirdo
Despite being quiet on the outside, dark things lurk in Ry's mind. Let's hope you don't unleash them and just let him win the paint.
- Eye Scream: He's blind in one eye due to an abusive father.
- Multicolored Hair: Half his hair around the bottom is dyed a bright red color, while the rest of it is black.
- Odd Friendship: Can describe literally any of Ry's friendships. To name just a few, The Baroness is a pirate and Gaile is the happy-go-lucky type.
- Teens Are Short: He's 17 years old but only 5'2".
The Baroness, The Pirate Wannabe
Her heart laying at the sea, The Baroness is a natural born leader who, despite thinking she's a pirate, is eager to play fair and blast the competition out of the water.
- Odd Friendship: The Baroness is a pirate. Ry is an emo kid. Their friendship is united by a hatred of Ashley.
- Pirate Girl: Somewhat inverted. She knows she's a badass yet is still a pirate girl.
Todd, The Wannabe Cool Guy
Wanting to be seen as cool, Todd is the kind of guy who spends an entire evening on tumblr. Hopefully he gets the recognition he wants when he wins the million.
- Geek: So much show he canonically makes several tumblr jokes that actually work.
Starr, The Disco Diva
- Verbal Tic: She tends to add Babe, Honey, Sugar, Hon, and Baby to most of her sentences.
Dylan and Ulyssa, The Internet Junkies
- The Bully: Fully invoked with Ulyssa, who bullies everyone around her that dares to disagree with her, although Dylan is shown to not be much better than her in regards to this.
- Catchphrase: Ulyssa has one in the form of "Um, no," When she prepares to rant about how wrong she thinks something is.
- The Load: Dylan is heavily considered to be this, as he tends to get exhausted easily and fails to participate in challenges unless forced.
Erin and Irene, The Stylists
- Idiot Ball: Instead of doing the challenge, they go and explore Baltimore in leg 4, visiting an art gallery, a cafe, and even a spa before attempting to complete the challenge. Then, in leg 5, they promptly stop racing to gush over a portrait of a poodle dressed up like Queen Elizabeth that's, for some reason, hanging in the airport.
- Kick the Dog: Erin, big time. He's mauled by a bear in leg 2, has a statue fall and crush him in leg 3, and is nearly eliminated with Irene in leg 4; it's a wonder that he's still alive at this point.
- Oh, Crap!: Their reaction to realizing that their were only two other teams left racing in leg 4 and they still had a long time to go with their penalty. [[spoiler: And then Cleo and Jason show up, taking that number down to one.]
- Read the Freaking Manual: In leg 4, they take a Taxicab to the Chill Zone despite being told on the travel tip that they were not allowed to. They were promptly penalized the time they saved by taking the Taxi. They were almost eliminated that very round for their mistake, only being spared by Midori's attempt at sabotaging Helen and Frank much earlier in the leg.
Eva and Korā, The Kiwis
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: The dark for Korā, however, that fear is soon replaced with ravens for both her and Eva.
Gary and Starr, Father and Daughter
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Downplayed with Starr; she's shown to sometimes be a bit bratty, but overall is rather down-to-earth ever since her appearance on Total Drama High School.
- Grumpy Old Man: Subverted with Gary; he appears to be a really grumpy old man due to having a constantly dull expression, a monotone voice, and keeping anything he says, when he does talk, short and to the point, but he's shown to be nice and a genuinely loving dad to Starr.
- Young and in Charge: Played with with Starr; she's definitely more domineering and tends to take a leadership role in her team, but her father isn't afraid to put his foot down when he needs to.
GG and Muff, The Pranksters
- Ambiguously Brown: Sort of. In the show itself, it's not confirmed what race GG is. But their player states that GG is of mixed race, with both Egyptian and Indian heritage.
- Body Horror: Very minor, but Muff is referenced time and time again to have incredibly messed-up teeth. Supposedly a good number are chipped, cracked, crooked, yellowed, or missing, and they seem to have a habit of sticking small and possibly sharp metal objects in their mouth and gums.
- Delinquent Hair: Muff has hair dyed with bright green highlights. They also regularly get into possibly illegal trouble. Let's put two and two together...
- Friends with Benefits: They were like this in the past, although it seems like GG isn't really as into the idea anymore as Muff is.
- Jerkass: In their first appearance, Muff and GG were quite literally taking candy from a baby. Later on, Muff not only abandoned their partner to cruelly prank people, but in the very next episode they attempted to light Ulyssa's hair on fire.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Muff and GG both adore horror movies on a little more than a fanatical level. One way to get Muff's grin even wider than it usually is is to fit body horror somewhere in something, and GG just can't help but love the blood-and-guts and torture porn of the slasher genre.
- The Prankster: Both GG and Muff qualify for this trope (Muff possibly more than GG), so much that it's their title.
- Sadist: Muff takes immense pleasure in seeing people's pain. GG too, but very much less so.
- Sir Swearsalot: They both curse in almost every other sentence they say, Muff moreso than GG.
- Talkative Loon: Muff talks a lot more than GG does, sometimes to the point where GG needs to ask Muff what they just said.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: In-Universe. Muff, while agender, makes no attempt to look less feminine then they naturally are. This has caused some slight problems for them in the past (before the show) with people assuming their gender. Same goes for GG, who's a demigirl but doesn't make too much of an attempt to physically look any different (thus causing some before-show to believe her to be male). Neither of them seem to outwardly care too much about the gender people take them for.
- Vocal Dissonance: Both Muff and GG have deeper voices than one would expect, although the case is a bit worse for GG.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?:
- Elevators for Muff. They have a full-blown panic attack on the ski lift in Denver and mention being around Rosamie and Ronnel's fans makes them feel boxed in.
- Bugs for GG, to the point she drops everything to get away from them.
Ronnel and Rosamie, The Twin IdolsA twin brother and sister Idol Duo from the Philippines, Ronnel and Rosamie had an excellent start in Leg 1, finishing the puzzle challenge 3rd and finding themselves in 5th place. However, after a truly bad run in Denver (and Candi's attempt at sabotaging them), they found themselves nearly eliminated on that very leg, only saved by their taxi being closer than the Scene Queens to the Chill Zone. They would soon make a quick recovery, finishing 4th on Leg 3, and even 3rd on Leg 4. However, after being assaulted by fans in Anchorage, they fell to in fighting and were ultimately unable to find the Chill Zone, eliminating them in 14th.
- Coordinated Clothes: Both of them wear clothing that advertises their Idol stardom.
Babe and Hoss, The GreasersA brother and Sister Greaser Duo from Oklahoma, Babe and Hoss started off strong; although they only had an 11th place finish in Vancouver, they were the 1st team to finish in Denver, even after having a snowball fight. They also had a very strong lead during Leg 3, being among the first teams to finish assembling their Mothman Statues. However, that's when tragedy struck, as they found themselves eliminated that leg through no fault of their own, after Alan and Candi push a statue onto them, and then, in the footrace for the final two, Ulyssa pushes Hoss down onto the ground and causes Babe to trip, sealing their elimination at 15th.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Hoss suffers from one after Alan and Candi push a statue onto him during Leg 3.