open/close all folders
Chris McLean, the Sadistic Host
- Big Bad: In contrast to other works, Chris is the central antagonist this time around. Not that he has to try very hard to become one.
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: Hoo boy, does he ever. In fact, after he launches Kylie into the sky at the end of "Coal Hearted, Part 2", he explicitly expresses clear disappointment at how she didn't scream at all. On the other hand, he's clearly satisfied when Damian's elimination in "A New Generation, Part 2" gives him the result he was hoping for in the first place.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Unbelievably, yes he did. Not only does he own and run a friggin' coal factory now that is a health hazard to everyone on the island (and is stated to have killed all of the animals on the island), but he shows even less regard for the safety of the campers than before.
- The Sociopath: Dear GOD, it doesn't even begin to describe him!
Connor, The Poor Farmer
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: An early confessional seems to hint at this.
Damian, The Mysterious Empath
- The Empath: It's in his title, after all.
Dan, The Dark Dude
- Emo Teen: Oh, so much.
- Made of Iron: Able to withstand getting shocked by fifteen milliamps from a bad wire and not react at all is a impressive feat. Justified as Dan's pretty tolerant of pain to begin with.
Dwayne, The Chill Jock
- Nice Guy: As his label implies, he's not your typical testosterone-poisoned Jerk Jock and is more than willing to get along with the other contestants.
Emily, The Animal Lover
- Friend to All Living Things: Natch. She always carries around a pet rabbit everywhere she goes and it can be assumed that she can get along with other animals as well.
- Granola Girl
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Emi, her rabbit.
Erika, The Disc Jockey
- Expy: Of Vinyl Scratch. Erika actually has a voice, however.
- Genki Girl: In spades! She's easily one of the most energetic girls on the cast alongside Sophie and Jane.
Ernest, The Supposed Mastermind
- Bald of Evil: He's shaved his head in an attempt to emulate his favorite Bond villain.
- Card-Carrying Villain: He's channeling famous James Bond villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld, one of the most obvious and cliched villains you could think of. It'd be criminal to not have this trope apply to him.
- Freudian Excuse: Part of the reason he's the way he is now is because he was bullied a lot as a kid, before and after his "transformation" into a villain.
- Ironic Name: Ernest's name can mean "serious", "determined", "earnestness" and "vigor"... none of which applies to Ernest in the slightest.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: For all of his bluster about being a mastermind of the highest order, he's... less than stellar at his supposed profession.
Graham, The Gentle Giant
- Heroes Want Redheads: His crush on Suzy indicates such.
Jane, The Energetic Mascot
- Genki Girl: Very energetic, and is one of the more hyper characters in the series next to Erika and Sophie.
Kristin, The Tough Chick
- Only Sane Woman: Compared to everyone else on the island, Kristin is far more levelheaded and strategic than the rest of the cast. This, above all else, is what manages to absolve Jane of being eliminated in favor of Damian, with her reasoning being that Jane can still provide some morale boosting in the challenges ahead, at the end of "A New Generation, Part 2".
Kylie, The Genius Ditz
- Brilliant, but Lazy: It's pretty clear she's quite intellectually gifted, but she tends to spend more of her time sleeping than doing anything productive.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Definitely. She can rattle off the exact numerical values of Pi at will and ace math tests with little effort...but she falls asleep constantly and tends to act pretty relaxed even in the face of danger.
- Genius Ditz: It's in her title.
- Face Death with Dignity: While she doesn't die, she keeps her calm demeanor even as she's being launched into the sky by the Piston of Shame.
- Mouthful of Pi: She spouts out the first one-hundred digits of pi during her first conversation with Lee on the dock, which manages to impress him.
- The Load: Justified. Kylie has a pretty bad case of asthma that can only be aided by her inhaler and thus physical challenges would pose a significant problem to her. This is likely the reasoning behind her being the first elimination of the game.
Lee, The Deadpan Snarker
- The Snark Knight: Big time.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Lee can come off as being a bit condescending at times, but he does make a few good cases against some of the challenges and Chris's actions.
Oscar, The Tech Savvy
- Adorkable: He may be a tech prodigy, but just look at how flustered he gets around Rebecca and just try not to think this.
Ophelia, The Spoiled Sweetie
- Nice Girl: She wouldn't be labeled "The Spoiled Sweetie" otherwise.
- Rich Bitch: Subverted. As rich as she may be, she hardly flaunts her riches, nor does she act like she can buy the contestants and fire their parents in a heartbeat.
Rebecca, The Kind Cheerleader
- Alpha Bitch: Averted. The whole reason she signed up for Total Drama Isle in the first place is all but explicitly stated to be because she was wanting to show that cheerleaders weren't as awful as they are typically depicted in movies.
- Nice Girl: She's attractive, she's popular and she's a somewhat high-ranking cheerleader at her school. She's also fairly nice to everyone in complete defiance of the typical "evil cheerleader" stereotype. It's little wonder why Oscar falls head over heels for her.
Sonata, The Classical Pianist
- No Social Skills: Due to her overprotective parents, she hasn't had much of a chance to interact with other people. This is shown when she leans forward too close to Tyson when he's trying to teach Sonata the basics towards social interaction.
- The Ojou: To a degree. However, her sheltered upbringing makes this a little tough to maintain.
Sophie, The Cartoon Lover
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: She's clearly trying to be this for Dan. Only time will tell if she succeeds in winning him over.
- The Cutie: Arguably the cutest contestant on the roster.
Suzy, The Anxious Flirt
- Disk-One Final Boss: Word of God confirms this to be so.
- Ms. Fanservice: The biggest example in the story, bar none. She even uses her status as this to get Graham and Damian to do all sorts of tasks for her without putting herself at any risk. With Damian knocked out of the game as of "A New Generation, Part 2", she's down to relying on just Graham now.
Tony, The Extreme Skateboarder
- Keet: Very much so, given that he's a very EXTREME kind of guy.
Tyson, The Shocked Guitarist
- Butt-Monkey: The guy just can't seem to catch a break thanks to both his condition and the fact that he has to be around electrical equipment that could potentially screw up his pacemaker.